PDA

View Full Version : [1] Black/Huber def. Davenport/Raymond 6-7(1) 6-3 10-4

Darop.
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:15 PM
Oh well, still outstanding considering Lindsay's been out for so long :D

PatM04
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
At least she's back:) Good luck in Bali Lindsay!

LindsayRulz
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:17 PM
:sobbing:

DownTheLine21
Great fight from Davenport/Raymond. I'm really anxious for any reports on Lindsay's game.

!<blocparty>!

I thought they had it after breaking back in the second.

Great result nonetheless!

Geisha
Aw. Okay, so it wasn't a Capriati '01 or Serena '04 comeback, but WELCOME BACK LINDSAY!!

dybbuk
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:18 PM
:sad:

Great result nonetheless though. :hug:

LUXXXAS
:awww:
but three sets against best doubles team in the world is a great result :D

!<blocparty>!
Aw. Okay, so it wasn't a Capriati '01 or Serena '04 comeback, but WELCOME BACK LINDSAY!!

Capriati '01 wasn't a comeback.

ChampLindsay
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

but a great fight:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

hurricanejeanne
At least Linds and Lisa won a set. Even after her long absence, it still sucks to see Lindsay lose.

The Daviator
Super TBs suck :(

Good effort Rayvenport :hug:

Get ready for Bali Linds! :bounce:

danieln1
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:20 PM
Unfair to get the n°1 seeds... welcome back Lindsay, the tour really needs you! You SHOULD have been in this year´s US Open bottom half, in Sveta´s part of the draw! hahhahahah

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:21 PM

This is just doubles! Lindsay real comeback is in singles!!

jonny84
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:22 PM
Unlucky draw for Lindsay.

Shame, but it was a good sign of things hopefully to come.

Best of luck in Bali Lindsay!

Lindsayfanumber1
:( :sad:
Good luck in Bali Linds .

stefi62
Well done Cara and Liezel! :woohoo:

Good effort Lisa/Lindsay! I did not expect it'd go to Super Tie Break! :worship:

Come on girls, now win the title! ;)

CoryAnnAvants#1
If Lindsay and Lisa end up playing together in Beijing, they've got a serious chance at winning the gold, or at the very least a medal.

Tough loss for Lindsay, but this was as difficult a first round as she could've possibly gotten. To stretch the #1 doubles team in the world down to the wire after 11 months out and just having a baby is nothing short of miraculous. Truly excellent stuff from her...this shows she'll be just fine in her comeback.

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:30 PM
Well this will be the highlight of Leizel's year, beating one of the best American doubles teams.
Shame she won't be apart of one come olympic time. :lol:

hingis-seles
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Welcome back, Linds. :D

dav abu
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
welcome back Lindsay xx no shame in losing to such a top team x

LoveFifteen
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:42 PM
At least Linds and Lisa won a set. Even after her long absence, it still sucks to see Lindsay loose.

It is hard to see Lindsay loose, but after a few more months, her vagina will tighten up again. She just had a baby after all.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:47 PM
It is hard to see Lindsay loose, but after a few more months, her vagina will tighten up again. She just had a baby after all.

LMAO I just caught that. My bad. I meant "lose". I've been goofing up on my spelling all day. :p

Darop.
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:49 PM

:haha:

M2k
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
Ugh!!! :( Lindsay :sobbing: Let's keep practicing for the Olympics :D :smoke:

Kworb
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:51 PM
They should've let Lindsay and Lisa win :(

:p

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Nice scoreline from Rayport :bounce: I hope Bluber wins it all now:bounce:

DA FOREHAND
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:55 PM
Unfair to get the n°1 seeds... welcome back Lindsay, the tour really needs you! You SHOULD have been in this year´s US Open bottom half, in Sveta´s part of the draw! hahhahahah

I think it's great they got the #1 seeds now they know where they are as a team and Lindsay got some stiff competittion.

anyone have pics?

DA FOREHAND
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:56 PM

ROFLMAO!!:haha: :haha:

lindsayno1
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
oh how the tone changed!

Well....3 sets against the world no1s.....bloody good going!!!

spencercarlos
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:34 PM
Capriati never left the game between 2000 and 2001.

ce
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
they took a set,thats good

tennisboi
Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:34 PM
Shame she lost but at least she's back...i'm smiling regardless

MH0861
Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:39 PM
Super TBs suck :(

Good effort Rayvenport :hug:

Get ready for Bali Linds! :bounce:

Actually, I think in this instance it only would have helped them... they wouldn't have had a chance in a third set, I don't think.

I was there! :hearts: Lindsay looked great! I saw the pictures of her in thesupernova's thread where she looked chubby, but honestly, she looked really good to me - maybe a LITTLE flabby in her stomach but she looked amazing for just having a baby 10 weeks ago :worship:

Linds and Lisa started very well... and they had opportunities to serve for the set at 5-4 and 6-5 and got broken each time. :( Lindsay called for the trainer :eek: in the first set but ended up sending her back.

However, after going down 2-0 in the second, the trainer came back and wrapped the lower part of Lindsay's right leg, and it was actually a long bandage (as in, it extended from below her knee to close to her ankle). Not sure if it's serious or not. :shrug:

I thought Lindsay accounted for herself very well - she served well in the beginning and hit some very nice winners/lines. I have a video of a great love service game she had. However.... not to be a Debbie Downer, but especially as the match went on, she was definitely the weakest link on court. She competed really hard but she's just not there yet. I can't blame her - she's out for a year, just had a baby, and playing doubles against the #1 team who won two slams this year. It was a feat to make it so close, because I was REALLY impressed with Cara and Liezel.. Cara especially, who was a beast at the net.

They really went after Lindsay and kept their volleys low and at Lindsay's feet, and she struggled, flat out. This isn't to say that she stunk up the court, but it's wise she's skipping the US Open and she needs more time to train and get the reaction times back. A lack of reaction is even more evident in doubles, and it showed. Also, Ravenport's communication could've been better... there were 3 or 4 times where they both just stood there and the ball went in between them :lol:

I don't want to sound negative though, because she surpassed my expectations for how she would play. It was an AWFUL draw, and perhaps if they had a couple more matches under their belts against lesser teams this result could have been different.

Afterwards, Lindsay signed autographs for practically everyone on that side of grandstand as the chairs :hearts:

MH0861
Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:41 PM
I took a LOT of pictures, as I was in the front row (though behind Cara/Liezel's chairs, I had a 50/50 shot :lol: ) and 10 seats away from Jon Leach (who was their on-court coach). I'll try to post some tonight. :)

tennisboi
Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:50 PM
I hope she isn't injured...it will be like old times if she is:help:The post match interview will be interesting

Libertango
Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:52 PM
Linds :sad:

Good luck in bali!

#1SteffiGraf#1
Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:52 PM
I took a LOT of pictures, as I was in the front row (though behind Cara/Liezel's chairs, I had a 50/50 shot :lol: ) and 10 seats away from Jon Leach (who was their on-court coach). I'll try to post some tonight. :)

Cool

hurricanejeanne
Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:55 PM
Actually, I think in this instance it only would have helped them... they wouldn't have had a chance in a third set, I don't think.

I was there! :hearts: Lindsay looked great! I saw the pictures of her in thesupernova's thread where she looked chubby, but honestly, she looked really good to me - maybe a LITTLE flabby in her stomach but she looked amazing for just having a baby 10 weeks ago :worship:

Linds and Lisa started very well... and they had opportunities to serve for the set at 5-4 and 6-5 and got broken each time. :( Lindsay called for the trainer :eek: in the first set but ended up sending her back.

However, after going down 2-0 in the second, the trainer came back and wrapped the lower part of Lindsay's right leg, and it was actually a long bandage (as in, it extended from below her knee to close to her ankle). Not sure if it's serious or not. :shrug:

I thought Lindsay accounted for herself very well - she served well in the beginning and hit some very nice winners/lines. I have a video of a great love service game she had. However.... not to be a Debbie Downer, but especially as the match went on, she was definitely the weakest link on court. She competed really hard but she's just not there yet. I can't blame her - she's out for a year, just had a baby, and playing doubles against the #1 team who won two slams this year. It was a feat to make it so close, because I was REALLY impressed with Cara and Liezel.. Cara especially, who was a beast at the net.

They really went after Lindsay and kept their volleys low and at Lindsay's feet, and she struggled, flat out. This isn't to say that she stunk up the court, but it's wise she's skipping the US Open and she needs more time to train and get the reaction times back. A lack of reaction is even more evident in doubles, and it showed. Also, Ravenport's communication could've been better... there were 3 or 4 times where they both just stood there and the ball went in between them :lol:

I don't want to sound negative though, because she surpassed my expectations for how she would play. It was an AWFUL draw, and perhaps if they had a couple more matches under their belts against lesser teams this result could have been different.

Afterwards, Lindsay signed autographs for practically everyone on that side of grandstand as the chairs :hearts:

Thank you so much for the report! :hug:

I'm a little concerned about this injury/leg wrapping. Hopefully it's just soreness from her training and playing.

I can't wait to see the pictures though! :D

mauresmofan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:46 AM
Great job Lindsay - must have been a shock to the system having to test her reactions straight off the bat against the best doubles team around. Something tells me she's still got it! It would have been so interesting if she was floating around the US Open draw!

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the report MH. It all unfolded how I expected it to, honestly. Nice effort from Lindsay and Lisa, they got a shitty draw.

Looking forward to singles in Bali. :cool:

dorotek23
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:07 AM
Lindsay was little unlucky with draw. :sad:
But good to see her back on court :yeah:

Lindsayfan32
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:17 AM

Thanks for the report MH and thanks for telling us everything the good, the bad and the ugly. I hate it when a fan post a match report and you only get half the story. Its not being negative it called being honest. :) I look forward to your photos when you post them.

Leo_DFP
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:33 AM

Thanks so much for your review, MH! I would give you a good rep if I could.

I'm glad Lindsay fought well and she's only going to get better from here. Looks like not playing USO is wise.

Pasta-Na
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:33 AM

omg :haha:

Hashim.
Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:41 AM
:sad:

but still great fight ;)

Tenis Srbija
Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:53 AM
Shit :(

Slumpsova
Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:55 AM
OMG they even won a set! :bowdown:

MH0861
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Video of Lindsay for anyone interested - http://www.dailymotion.com/MH0861/video/4740480

:)

CoolDude7
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:26 AM
She looks to be hitting the ball well.

Lindsayfanumber1
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Thx for the video! :)

LindsayRulz
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Video of Lindsay for anyone interested - http://www.dailymotion.com/MH0861/video/4740480

:)

Thanks for posting that :worship:

Andrew..
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:38 AM
I really think that Lindsay should keep playing doubles on a regular basis. She has a really good shot at every slam, especially with a partner like Lisa.