PDA

View Full Version : US Open 2007

forever_rafter
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:35 PM
I know it's a bit strange to start a new thread when Eleni still plays in New haven but the draw is out and I thought it deserved a notice :)

Venus Williams USA (12) vs. QUALIFIER
Ioana Raluca Olaru ROU vs. Ashley Harkleroad USA
Eleni Daniilidou GRE vs. Yvonne Meusburger AUT
Gisela Dulko ARG vs. Alona Bondarenko UKR (21)

it's not bad but it's not great either...

forever_rafter
Aug 27th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Hi guys, saw Eleni on practice today and she was hitting well so she should be fine when she steps on the court today. She plays 3rd match on court 8 so fingers crossed everybody :) I didn't take any pics cause Eleni was training on the far court outside, near the park but I promise to provide photos from her 1st round match. Cheers :)
P.S. She looks gorgeous :P

Bероника
Aug 27th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Maybe forever rafter is watching her now ;)

Eleni leads 5-2 :D Pame!!!!

Bероника
Aug 27th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Eleni advances to next round.Easy win:6-2,6-4 :bounce:

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 27th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Nice win Eleni! Good luck in round 2!

maryc
Aug 28th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Eleni played REALLY well, 1st set. Some errors crept in--she started
missing first serves--but she obviously did fine. The first set was gorgeous,
though.

The chair umpire gave her a code violation for coaching, and Eleni threw a
fit, had the chair umpire call some higher official. We couldn't hear what
they said to each other, though.

LegionArgentina
Aug 28th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Well done Eleni!
Next is Bondarenko

Bероника
Aug 29th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Eleni just lost the first set 4-6 against the ukranian girl.i hope she can turn things around in the next 2 sets.Pame!!!!

Bероника
Aug 29th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Eleni lost in 3 sets :bigcry: Too bad as it was a good chance to see her on tv facing Venus that makes me even more sad :sad:

forever_rafter
Aug 29th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Hi guys, our girl lost today and it's really not fair she had to play Bondarenko who, except some serve problems, was playing very well, the ball was going over the net many, many times, I've seen some AMAZING rallies. Eleni played great, sure she made some errors but overall I think it was one of the best matches of her I have ever seen. 2 set was crazy and the audience went wild many times. In 3rd set she had some problems with her neck, called for trainer and abviously had problems with her serve. Loss upset her which is understandable cause she was really playing well and had her chances. Linesmen cheated her a few times, on some important points as well. She moved great, hit the ball awesome and I must say I'm VERY IMPRESSED, her coach had done a great job and I hope we'll see many good matches this comining fall. Eleni plays doubles with Jaz, no mixed doubles though. I have a lot of photos but I'll upload them when I'm back (next Tusday). I saw her during practice again today and took some photos. Take care guys and fingers crossed for doubles!

Bероника
Aug 30th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Eleni & Jas won their first round match vs Safarova/Cetkovska 6-2 5-7 6-4 :bounce: well done,girls!!!

forever_rafter
Sep 1st, 2007, 05:16 PM
Eleni and Jaz lost their 2nd round match but I belive that if Eleni hadn't had problems with her shoulder, they would have won. It bothered her during her singles match vs Bondarenko and it was obvious she doesn't feel good when she stepped on court yesterday. She tried and she deserves credit for it. I must give a credit to Jaz as well. It was the 1st time I saw them play doubles and guys, she's a very good doubles player. She has a solid serve, good net game and solid strokes. Funny thing, some people asked me if Eleni and Jaz were sisters cause they thought they're so look-alike :) I told them they are not even from the same country LOL But they indeed look similar, same clothes (these red and white outfits by Lacoste are gorgeous), same hair :) But it's a very good-looking team, hehe. I'm leaving NYC late on Monday and I'll share pics with you when I rest after the flight back to Poland. Cheers :)

merda2004
Sep 10th, 2007, 06:09 PM
hey forever rafter....what happened to the pics?
u know that we r all waiting for them

forever_rafter
Sep 10th, 2007, 06:19 PM
hey forever rafter....what happened to the pics?
u know that we r all waiting for them

they are in "fans photos and videos" thread :)