PDA

View Full Version : If Justine...

AcesHigh
Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:45 PM
.. wins this USO, there should be no more talk from detractors about her hardcourt skills.

Possible consecutive wins over Serena, JJ/Venus/Ana, and then Sharapova?? :eek:

I've always been reluctant to put Justine with the fast hardcourt elite of this era, but it'll be very interesting to see how the next two weeks go.

jonny84
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:05 PM
She will be a true champion if she wins the US Open.She has such a hard draw from the quarters on. She will prove herself great if she picks up her second US Open title here.

Geisha
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:27 PM
She will be a true champion if she wins the US Open.She has such a hard draw from the quarters on. She will prove herself great if she picks up her second US Open title here.

She already is a "true champion". :rolleyes: It isn't her fault she has smothered everybody she's played in her GS wins.

But, I think that if she loses in the QF to Serena, especially in an easy match, people will keep saying that she's no match on the hardcourts, despite beating her at Wimbledon (injured).

jellybelly
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:27 PM
She already is a "true champion". :rolleyes: It isn't her fault she has smothered everybody she's played in her GS wins.

But, I think that if she loses in the QF to Serena, especially in an easy match, people will keep saying that she's no match on the hardcourts, despite beating her at Wimbledon (injured).

O RLY?

friendsita
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:29 PM
plop

Tennisstar86
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:33 PM
ummm... I think if Justine wins the tournament she'll actually have a win other than the FO with a stacked draw... thats assuming the draw doesnt fall apart... (it happens) nonames get up there.... cough kuznetsova/ dementieva final.......

On that note i dont think she can do it......

Geisha
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:58 PM
ummm... I think if Justine wins the tournament she'll actually have a win other than the FO with a stacked draw... thats assuming the draw doesnt fall apart... (it happens) nonames get up there.... cough kuznetsova/ dementieva final.......

On that note i dont think she can do it......

Agree

mdterp01
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:18 PM
Whoever wins from that top half will have truly earned it should the seeds hold up. Wow...I can't believe how stacked that top half is.

Tennisstar86
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
On another note. I dont think Henin can beat Venus and Serena back to back... Besides the fact that Venus has the mental edge (7-1) against her. We all know Henin holds beating Serena high in her mind. If she manages to beat her at the open (I dont think she will). Besides the fact that she'll have to play someone who can play superior to Serena on a hard court shes gonna have to calm down mentally to do it if Venus plays her A game. We saw what happened at Wimbledon..... (No Bartoli did not out play her.. she choked....)
Venus>bartoli..... I just dont see it happening.... this is assuming Serena/ Venus make it that far ( i think they will)

hale-bob
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:31 PM
... there should be no more talk from detractors about her hardcourt skills...

not gonna happen.