PDA

View Full Version : Jeez ! Pencil Svetlana in for a Semi Final !

MisterMan
Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:15 PM
This is her road, at it's toughest:

Zakopalova
Pin
Garrigues
Hingis
Hantuchova
Petrova

That would get her to the Semi's !

Expat
Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:16 PM
daniela common you wont get a better shot at a semi ever

NyCPsU
Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:16 PM
well if you saw her match against golovin at toronto you would know that even zakopalova has a decent chance against her if she plays like that :p

jamatthews
Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:19 PM
It seems a bit unfair that she has to win 6 matches to reach the semis, and everyone else has to win 5. :confused: :p

MisterMan
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:20 PM
Do you really count Zakopalova, Pin, and Garrigues (on hard court) as "matches" ??
More like, going thru the motions !!

Bruno71
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:25 PM
It's a cakewalk to the 4th round, and assuming she can beat Hingis (which is a fairly straightforward assumption given recent form, but not a given), then she could have a solid quarters opponent in one of Petrova, Hantuchova, Kirilenko, Krajicek or Srebotnik.

But just looking again, Azarenka & Cibulkova could be dangerous floaties.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:42 PM
well if you saw her match against golovin at toronto you would know that even zakopalova has a decent chance against her if she plays like that :p

too true :o

Ballbasher
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:44 PM
I really hope she improves her Toronto form and makes the best of her draw :)

Bruno71
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:47 PM
Add Szavay to that list, too. She's really comin' on lately.

goldenlox
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:00 PM
I'm thinking that Nadia has a great shot at this SF.

The Dawntreader
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:10 PM
Sveta can be such a headcase though, she may self-destruct against someone like garrigues if she was playing as erratically as in Toronto. However if she's at somewhere near her best level, quarter-finals at least.

MisterMan
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
I think she's looking at this draw right now and her mouth is watering.
She, unlike Daniela, will not let this draw slip her by and she'll make the most of it.

Vamos.
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:57 PM
Sharapova has it even easier.

Yet again the draw is SO top-heavy it is beyond belief.

All the favourites for the title who COULD'VE been in the top half are there. Totally pathetic.

danieln1
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:01 PM
Sharapova is already in the final... Maybe Sveta or Petrova could give her some trouble in SF

danieln1
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:03 PM

All the favourites for the title who COULD'VE been in the top half are there. Totally pathetic.

Favorites: Venus, Serena, Justine, Jankovic, Ivanovic!! hahahhahhahahh only one of them will make the final!! Bottom half is beyond ridiculous, only Maria there!

SvetaPleaseWin.
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:09 PM
Favorites: Venus, Serena, Justine, Jankovic, Ivanovic!! hahahhahhahahh only one of them will make the final!! Bottom half is beyond ridiculous, only Maria there!

sveta WILL beat maria. IMO only williams', henin and sveta can win this

faboozadoo15
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:10 PM
She does have the easiest draw of the top 4, but She may not get through it. I think Petrova is showing better form, and if Martina isn't injured, she can sneak to the SF.

Also, look out for Szavay!

faboozadoo15
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:13 PM
sveta WILL beat maria. IMO only williams', henin and sveta can win this

:tape: :spit: :haha:

selyoink
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Sveta may not be in great form but if she gets on a roll she could win the whole thing. Not likely but I would hardly be surprised if it happens.

Vamos.
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:33 PM
She does have the easiest draw of the top 4, but She may not get through it. I think Petrova is showing better form, and if Martina isn't injured, she can sneak to the SF.

Also, look out for Szavay!

How is her draw easier than Sharapova's?:lol:

Bruno71
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Sveta can be such a headcase though, she may self-destruct against someone like garrigues if she was playing as erratically as in Toronto. However if she's at somewhere near her best level, quarter-finals at least.

Sveta could play with a wooden leg and have a 50/50 chance against Garrigues on a hardcourt. She played poorly against Tati in windy conditions in Canada, but Tati is not AMG (on a hardcourt).

tenn_ace
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:58 PM
How is her draw easier than Sharapova's?:lol:

good question.... :lol:

jonny84
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:09 PM
Svetlana has it "easy", but remember she crashed out here at the first hurdle in 2005.

Experimentee
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:58 AM
So unfair that players who are not playing well right now can reach SF from the bottom half but the good in form players have to fight in the top half to reach the same stage :(

powerbackhand
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:26 AM

its so top heavy its size 20 on top and size 0 on bottom

darice
Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:49 AM
uh wait a minute. camille may upset sveta. :p

Ballbasher
Sep 5th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Sveta made it :) But now vs Chaky

Ceri
Sep 5th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Sveta will win in straights and be into the final :kiss:

MisterMan
Sep 5th, 2007, 07:42 PM