View Full Version : Best draw Hingis could hope for

tennisfan5
Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:38 PM
if she doesn't get through to the 4th round then :rolleyes:

1st: Johnasson
2nd: Malek/qualifier
3rd: Garbin
4th: sveta--best of the top 4 for her to face
qf: petrova--out of anna, ana, and serena & petrova, not bad.

Brandon85
Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:39 PM
yeah she lucked out, but as of late, no match is easy for her.

Viktymise
Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:40 PM
Azarenka will beat her in R3 if they both get there.

FORZA SARITA
Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
Garbin in 3R?:lol: maybe Azarenka ;)

Vut
Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:45 PM
good for her...

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:50 PM
I thought her Wimbledon draw was a breeze.
if she fucks up this draw then she needs to retire.

jonny84
Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:50 PM
Nice draw for her.

Hopefully she will take the good fortune and go far.

Wolverines08
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
Azareka if playing well, would win at the moment...she would just eat those serves for lunch and supper...but HIngis is still a great player and usually figures out the young guns easily.

Geoffrey91
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
Hope Mathilde will be able to beat her !

RJWCapriati
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:18 PM
She can get to the Semi :)

Rachel_
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:19 PM
I thought her Wimbledon draw was a breeze.
if she fucks up this draw then she needs to retire.

If shes 'FIT' then I agree.

abayen
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:29 PM

I'll go out on a limb and predict a Hingis win over Sharapova in the semis.

sfselesfan
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
Azarenka is a looming up and coming power player in her section. Players like Azarenka can give Hingis problems if they find their range.

Good luck to Martina, my dream semis (however unlikely) on the bottom half would be Hingis v. Patty.

SF

AcesHigh
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:40 PM
Kuznetsova has won this b4.. dont rule her out here. She could be playing Saturday night in two weeks if she's too underestimated.

LUIS9
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:23 PM

Now this is pushing a bit too much. She usually doesn't play that sharply when she doesn't have a few good wins behind her belt. She hardly played this US OPEN series and when she did she had lousy losses. If she does not at least make the fourth round this would be disastrous. She needs the wins for her confidence and to get some much needed ranking points. ;)

Sund7101
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:39 PM
I agree. She should go far--never gets blown off the court by anybody in her quarter.

go Marti!!!!!!!

Xander
Aug 23rd, 2007, 01:26 AM
I agree about the draw. Martina is so lucky to be in the "less accomplished" Bottom Half. Oh how I wish she and Sveta meet in the 4th Round. It's the kind of match-up that could rekindle the Hingis magic. :)

go hingis
Aug 23rd, 2007, 01:34 AM
I agree about the draw. Martina is so lucky to be in the "less accomplished" Bottom Half. Oh how I wish she and Sveta meet in the 4th Round. It's the kind of match-up that could rekindle the Hingis magic. :)

I agree, Martina has a little more confidence against Sveta and this match could really pump her and if she wins it, It would really help her.

RJWCapriati
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:05 AM
I'll go out on a limb and predict a Hingis win over Sharapova in the semis.

Hingis obviously proved she could beat Sharapova in Tokyo last year in only her 4th tournament back........she could definitely beat her with some confidence....which she would get from beating Kuznetsova & Petrova.

Buitenzorg
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:07 AM
C'mon Hingis :)

go hingis
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:16 AM
http://www.usopen.org/images/pics_history/large/b_hingis.jpg

If SHE Believes and works hard anythings possible. Working with Melanie just before the US Open, hopefully = Priceless.

LeonHart
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:36 AM
What are you talking about? Azareka is a tough up and coming player. With Hingis's results as of late I'd be surprised if she gets through Azareka in the 3rd round :(

CaptnMatt
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:38 AM
It is a great draw for Hingis, that is without a doubt.

How Martina will play and how far she'll go is REALLY uncertain.

On one hand, if Hingis is at her best....she'll make the Quarter Finals for sure....
If this draw had been given to Hingis LAST YEAR, she wouldn't have been out in the 2nd round!

However, on current form, I'd expect a 3rd round and nothing more (Azarenka could give her trouble and Kuznetsova could also give her trouble if she got to the 4th)

I have a feeling Hingis will show up to play...her recent losses, although all losses aren't good.....AREN'T THAT BAD....Schnyder made the final of San Diego - beating Petrova and Dementieva as well as Hingis. Mirza has also beaten some top players this year.....both are playing very well.
I think Martina still has alot left in her....she came back and beat Krajicek in straight sets easily.....she'll be fresh and I think she may want to prove a point, especially after breaking up with Radek.

I'm hoping Hingis regains the form and beats Kuznetsova in the 4th round, just as she did at the Canadian Open last year!!

I know she can do it.....just depends what form she's in.

faboozadoo15
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:51 AM
Hingis obviously proved she could beat Sharapova in Tokyo last year in only her 4th tournament back........she could definitely beat her with some confidence....which she would get from beating Kuznetsova & Petrova.

I love Martina and all, but I think that since then Sharapova has demonstrated she knows how to handle Hingis and take the match completely out of her hands.

I hope for this semi!!

darice
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:55 PM
I love Martina and all, but I think that since then Sharapova has demonstrated she knows how to handle Hingis and take the match completely out of her hands.

I hope for this semi!!

a marti-masha semi would rock! :rocker2:

you guys no offense but pls let's not talk about marti+radek anymore. please. :angel:

Petersmiler
Aug 23rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
Wouldn't it be strange if Venus, Justine and Martina all added that 6th Singles slam victory this year!

lukehingis
Aug 23rd, 2007, 01:56 PM
http://www.usopen.org/images/pics_history/large/b_hingis.jpg

If SHE Believes and works hard anythings possible. Working with Melanie just before the US Open, hopefully = Priceless.

10 year anniversary of her last win!:hearts:

Is she training with Melanie??

Max565
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
She usually trains with Melanie at home when she's not playing...

jdyshrky
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:13 PM
I think the draw isn't bad at all but Hingis is expecting nothing from herself anymore, why should we expect?

darice
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
I think the draw isn't bad at all but Hingis is expecting nothing from herself anymore, why should we expect?

totally disagree. if marti actually thought like you just said she never would've come back to the tour. there's a lot going on with her right now. i still think marti has tons of good tennis left in her. :)

Mark for Martina
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
It will indeed help a lot if she is working with Melanie during this break.
I loved how she was hitting the ball against Sveta last year in Montreal. If she could find her groove on her serve, see the ball early, find her spots on the court and finish some points on the net, she could be dangerous.

We should know how far she can go on her first 2 matches possibly.

I would love a Masha and Martina semi. It would be a dream if Justine, Venus & Martina won their 6th slam on the same year.

brent-o
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:25 PM
I agree it's a good draw but what Hingis needs right now is not a good draw but good form. However, if she does manage to make it to the quarters, I think she'll beat Sveta.

pooh14
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:30 PM
hingis did work with melanie after wimbledon. but i do not think she worked with melanie after LA, unless she went back home.

melanie doesn't travel anymore, hingis only trains with her back home.

however, with mario now following hingis, i would not be surprise if melanie too starts to follow.

the draw is fantastic for hingis, but at the moment, draw is the least important thing for hingis. if she isn't fit, no matter how easy a draw, she wont get pass 2-3 rounds.

the most important thing is how fit hingis is

Highlandman
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:54 PM
She can also get Azarenka in R3 who would be IMO very difficult. I can't see her winning against Kuznetsova at the moment.

No.1Hingis
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:27 PM
I think that Hingis can reach the 4th round, but I don't see her progressing any further than that.

Im agree.. unless.. I think, cause we had seen it before, if Kuzzy is on fire.. there wont be a lot chances for Marti to beat her.. but if Kuzzy suffers changelles as in AO or in some other tourneys were she hasnt been close to her best level.. Martina will have a great opportunity to win.. all depends, is sad to say it but thats the truth, on Kuzzy..

Drake1980
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:29 PM
I hope she can take advantage of this Draw:D