PDA

View Full Version : Tatiana Poutchek is the craziest player on the WTA Tour

marycarillosucks
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:10 PM
I know this player is not really well known, but for those who are interested, she is an absolute nut-case on the court. I watched her match against Edinna Gallovits (who is no Girl Scout either) in Miami this year and when I came to the court Poutchek was hollering at the top of her lungs and throwing her racket agains the fence, and I thought, wow, something really bad must have happened, bad call or something like that. Turns out Poutchek does that after pretty much every point she loses. Some Russian coaches were sitting near me and so I asked them, is this the usual or is she just having a bad day, and they said she's like this every single match, win or lose, year after year. After that we started counting, and Poutchek shouted "Fuck your mother" (in Russian) more than 60 times in 2 sets. She says a few other ones but "Fuck your mother" is clearly her favorite.

So the funny thing is, i looked up her profile figuring she's young and she'll grow out of it, but she's closing in on age 30! I think this lady is headed for a psychiatric hospital.

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:14 PM
I know this player is not really well known, but for those who are interested, she is an absolute nut-case on the court. I watched her match against Edinna Gallovits (who is no Girl Scout either) in Miami this year and when I came to the court Poutchek was hollering at the top of her lungs and throwing her racket agains the fence, and I thought, wow, something really bad must have happened, bad call or something like that. Turns out Poutchek does that after pretty much every point she loses. Some Russian coaches were sitting near me and so I asked them, is this the usual or is she just having a bad day, and they said she's like this every single match, win or lose, year after year. After that we started counting, and Poutchek shouted "Fuck your mother" (in Russian) more than 60 times in 2 sets. She says a few other ones but "Fuck your mother" is clearly her favorite.

So the funny thing is, i looked up her profile figuring she's young and she'll grow out of it, but she's closing in on age 30! I think this lady is headed for a psychiatric hospital.

:lol: :help:

Mana
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:15 PM
She put on a real preformance against Morita at the AO this year :o

-sugi-
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:15 PM
:tape: :help:

Zombielicious
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:16 PM
WTF. :help:

Hayato
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:18 PM
I used to like her, then I saw her play for the first time against Santangelo at Wimbledon :tape: Then I stopped liking her. She was a miserable grump on the court...

Spud.
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:18 PM
Haha ace, I've never seen he play before but I may just have to watch one of her matches just for the humour! :)

Escape
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:19 PM
She sometimes plays doubles with Rodionova :help:
what a team :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:23 PM

Oh yeah, wasn't she the one Anna C. got into an argument with at the net in San Diego after a heated doubles match ?? :lol:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:24 PM
When she played Cavaday at the Pilot Pen on Sunday, there were a couple of instances where she threw her racket after missing first serves:help:

marycarillosucks
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:30 PM

I've seen Rodionova a few times and the difference between Rodionova and Poutchek is that Rodionova is a lot more of a vicious, mean character who bullies fans, opponents and officials. From what I saw, Poutchek isn't really mean, she's just a screeching, whining mess and for the most part you just feel sorry for her and you're looking around for the men in white coats to come and take her away.

Russianboy
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:33 PM
:lol: she's funny :lol:

marycarillosucks
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:38 PM
:lol: she's funny :lol:

She's not funny. If she were funny she would make up some different swears instead of saying the same one over and over.

Hachiko
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:38 PM
She is a grumpy bitch on the court. And she plays with Rodionova.

njnetswill
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:49 PM
:help:

I used to think she was a young up and comer too. Maybe I mixed her up with Poutchkova in the past.

Viktymise
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:55 PM
Its a shame her game sucks, maybe id forgive her attitude somewhat if she was in any way decent but she's just a pusher :tape:

marycarillosucks
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:58 PM
Its a shame her game sucks, maybe id forgive her attitude somewhat if she was in any way decent but she's just a pusher :tape:

actually I found Poutchek's style of play somewhat entertaining and wondered if she might have become a Top 30 player if she had been gifted with a bit of sanity.

tobi
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:00 PM
She is indeed.

Thats why Poutchek/Rodionova team who played in Stanford and LA is very effective.

Dexter
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:01 PM
I've seen Rodionova a few times and the difference between Rodionova and Poutchek is that Rodionova is a lot more of a vicious, mean character who bullies fans, opponents and officials. From what I saw, Poutchek isn't really mean, she's just a screeching, whining mess and for the most part you just feel sorry for her and you're looking around for the men in white coats to come and take her away.:spit:.

Serenita
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:02 PM
Wtf

Derek.
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:06 PM
actually I found Poutchek's style of play somewhat entertaining and wondered if she might have become a Top 30 player if she had been gifted with a bit of sanity.

She has absolutely no weapons at all.

Even if she was more composed on the court, I doubt she could get much higher than top 70.

tobi
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:13 PM

Even if she was more composed on the court, I doubt she could get much higher than top 70.
Indeed,her game has nothing on it.

davidmario
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:15 PM

correct...
it's just her consistency which keeps her near the top100...

she wants to become a pilot after her tennis career:lol:

Freakan
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:16 PM

Her career high is 55.

ASP0315
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:18 PM

agreed.

Libertango
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:21 PM
Didn't she take Clijsters to 8-6 once at RG ?! Or am I thinking of someone else?

tobi
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:26 PM
Didn't she take Clijsters to 8-6 once at RG ?! Or am I thinking of someone else?
She did.

then lost like 26 16 at Aus Open.

marycarillosucks
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:27 PM

not true. Poutchek's 2-handed backhand generates pace and this shot would be above average among current players in the Top 30. Her serve is crap but then so is Jankovic's at #3.

Jose-Luis
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:33 PM
She is a bitch :rolleyes:

MisterMan
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:34 PM
You'd be cranky too if you were a "Pro" tennis player and this was your claim to fame. Year to date, Career.

Sony Ericsson WTA Tour singles titles 0, 0
Sony Ericsson WTA Tour doubles titles 0, 3
ITF Women's Circuit singles titles 0, 3

Where's Mo Drake to set her ass straight ?!

ASP0315
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:41 PM
Rodionova plays much better than poutchek. :)

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:45 PM
Maybe she has Tourette's syndrome.

ptkten
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:59 PM
The thread starter is absolutely right, I saw her play and I've never seen anything like it. She also uses a lot of gamesmanship, when I saw her play she took an unbelievably long bathroom break (I couldn't believe she wasn't defaulted) and then stalled after literally every serve. This is besides her kicking and throwing her racket, screaming, and cursing.

Needless to say she was booed and harrassed by some of the crowd which made her even more mad, it was actually pretty funny.

MakarovaFan
Aug 21st, 2007, 11:04 PM
Well she is in the top 100...been high as 55....beaten/pushed some notable players....and been deep in tournaments;so she must be doing something alright

Harvs
Aug 21st, 2007, 11:33 PM
haha poutchek/rodionova.. i hope they play together at the AO next year, i will SO be watching that one!

Leo_DFP
Aug 21st, 2007, 11:42 PM
I have always liked her and cheered for her, for some reason. I remember when she came close to beating Clijsters, I think???, in the 2002 French Open? It seems like she's playing better this year but she's pretty much always been a challenger/qualyfing level player. And I did see a bit of her in Miami qualifying this year.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 21st, 2007, 11:44 PM
She's not a bad player. Her shots are very mechanical and awkward looking, but she's a good counterpuncher and can get a considerable amount of pace on her backhand. The issue is that her shots are flat as a pancake and there's no plan B if they start spraying...not to mention she has a total meltdown if plan A isn't working

spiceboy
Aug 22nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
I have met her and amazingly she's really nice offcourt, she's the kind of player like Hewiitt who you just can't stand on court but then out of court they are pretty shy and nice. Hard to believe, I know, but that was my impression :lol:

spiceboy
Aug 22nd, 2007, 12:07 AM
On the other hand, players like Rodionova and Czink are as bitchy as they are on court :help:

V.Melb
Aug 22nd, 2007, 12:12 AM
Poutchek hasn't got SHIT on Rodionova. Trust me on that, I have seen both of them play many times. Poutchek is sulky and depressed... bounces her racket on the ground.

Rodionova is violent and nasty, attacking those around her.

Poutchek hits the ball very nicely I find, flat backhand with good pace actually, but she will always be an average player because she doesnt have shots that create much power, she just absorbes power... for her good build, she doesn't hit as hard as some others... and yes, she has a very mechanical baseline style... flat hitting. I was actually impressed with her when I saw her play... I found her game to be very technically efficient despite being mechanical. Her movement and serve are her weaknesses....otherwise I can say that when she is hitting well, she hits flat and at the lines... a good baseliner.

So... there you go, lets not dirtly Poutchek's reputation because she doesn't even compare to Rodionova.

marycarillosucks
Aug 22nd, 2007, 04:16 AM
Poutchek hasn't got SHIT on Rodionova. Trust me on that, I have seen both of them play many times. Poutchek is sulky and depressed... bounces her racket on the ground.

Rodionova is violent and nasty, attacking those around her.

Poutchek hits the ball very nicely I find, flat backhand with good pace actually, but she will always be an average player because she doesnt have shots that create much power, she just absorbes power... for her good build, she doesn't hit as hard as some others... and yes, she has a very mechanical baseline style... flat hitting. I was actually impressed with her when I saw her play... I found her game to be very technically efficient despite being mechanical. Her movement and serve are her weaknesses....otherwise I can say that when she is hitting well, she hits flat and at the lines... a good baseliner.

So... there you go, lets not dirtly Poutchek's reputation because she doesn't even compare to Rodionova.

Don't confuse nasty with crazy. Rodionova is more nasty, but Poutchek is more just plumb crazy. As another user just noted, and I agree - Poutchek seems rather nice ("normal" might be pushing it) off-court. Whereas Rodionova is an equally nasty human being off the court as on it.

danieln1
Aug 22nd, 2007, 04:46 AM
I have always liked her and cheered for her, for some reason. I remember when she came close to beating Clijsters, I think???, in the 2002 French Open? It seems like she's playing better this year but she's pretty much always been a challenger/qualyfing level player. And I did see a bit of her in Miami qualifying this year.

I saw that match!! It´s the only match I saw this girl playing, i think it was 8-6 in the third set for Clijsters

Slumpsova
Aug 22nd, 2007, 05:33 AM
i guess Tatia and Nastya influence each other then :lol: :help:

Vlad Tepes
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:34 AM
:haha: I would really enjoy to see one of her matches!

ilovepaszek
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:38 AM
I tnink TAtiana and ANastasia is really a good doubles team

Chunchun
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:49 AM
no video no talk :drool:

A Magicman
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:54 AM
The thread starter is absolutely right, I saw her play and I've never seen anything like it. She also uses a lot of gamesmanship, when I saw her play she took an unbelievably long bathroom break (I couldn't believe she wasn't defaulted) and then stalled after literally every serve. This is besides her kicking and throwing her racket, screaming, and cursing.

Sounds a lot like good ole Helen to me. :hearts:

Xian
Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:14 AM
I like her. We just dont need barbie dolls on court. We defo need more bitches in the circuit

A Magicman
Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:50 AM
I like her. We just dont need barbie dolls on court. We defo need more bitches in the circuit

Totally agree. But it's no help if nobodies are the bitches, I want 1 or 2 complete bitches in the Top10. :cool:

smmash100
Aug 22nd, 2007, 12:31 PM
I love Tatiana,

I have watched quite a few of her matches and also linejudged for her at Eastbourne and Wimbledon. I was on the line for the whole of her match against Schruff at Eastbourne this year (which she lost 7-5 in 3rd) and her rantings were so hilarious, it was very hard to keep a straight face and look professional. At one stage she even smacked herself in the face with her own racket.

I agree her backhand is a good shot, but her forehand is a horrible choppy thing and her serve is weak. Still, fun to have these characters in the game...

Experimentee
Aug 22nd, 2007, 12:42 PM
She always has been a sour faced bitch and always will be. She complains about everything and takes bathroom breaks and cries when she is down.

Darop.
Aug 22nd, 2007, 03:47 PM
Poutchek :haha:

I used to like her, then I saw her play for the first time against Santangelo at Wimbledon :tape: Then I stopped liking her. She was a miserable grump on the court...

How can you like a player without ever seeing her play? :confused:

twight6
Aug 22nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Poutchek :haha:

How can you like a player without ever seeing her play? :confused:

Because she took a Clijsters to 8-6 :tape: :shrug:

Epigone
Aug 22nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
From wtatour.com (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/players/playerprofiles/PlayerBio2.asp?PlayerID=160303)Self-described as funny and calm ...:tape:

joec
Sep 10th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Does anyone have a video of one of her matches???

I would love to see her snap :lol:

cheo23
Sep 10th, 2007, 03:42 AM
She is playing with ANASTASIA RODIONOVA in Bali!!!!!!!!!! What a crazy ass match!!!! I hope they will Get it Together!!!!!!!!!!!

lovehotel
Sep 10th, 2007, 05:38 AM
Haha,really funny
I think more attention will be paid on her in the future

TaxPower
Sep 10th, 2007, 06:32 AM
she's mentally crazy

Brett.
Sep 10th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Lol.

Did anyone watch her against Amelie Mauresmo at AO on RLA? I didn't even see any of her aggressive or bitchy attitude when she losts very easily! :tape:

I think she is afraid of all peoples from Australia! :tape:

Hashim.
Sep 10th, 2007, 09:14 AM
:o

The Kaz
Apr 10th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Team "Bitch" (Poutchek/Rodionova) def. Team "Cara and the Hag" today 7-5 6-2

:p

What a match that would of been...3 bitches and little Cara :awww:

Drake1980
Apr 10th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Too funny!!:lol:
I've met her a couple of times and got an autograph and she is actually very sweet and kind.

KBdoubleu
Apr 10th, 2008, 04:52 AM
I actually remember seeing her play at the US Open one year against Roger Federer's GF and both got a lot of racket abuse warnings...I remember Poutchek kept on slapping her thighs sooo hard after she lost a point.

esquímaux
Apr 10th, 2008, 08:26 AM
She always has been a sour faced bitch and always will be. She complains about everything and takes bathroom breaks and cries when she is down.
:spit:

:rolls:

Hey is that Ellen Muth in your avatar?? She was fierce and smashing in Dead Like Me!!

Renalicious
Apr 10th, 2008, 08:37 AM
She says a few other ones but "Fuck your mother" is clearly her favorite.

:haha: :haha:

:sobbing:

Krzysiu.
Apr 10th, 2008, 11:05 AM
I think this lady is headed for a psychiatric hospital.

:cat: You guys haven't ever seen Ula Radwańska in action. Best junior last year! But there is evil in her... :devil:

bavaria86
Apr 10th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Tatjana:worship::worship:
:haha::haha:

Cp6uja
Apr 10th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I like to joke about tennis players, but i think that Tatiana Poutchek case is to many serious and dark b/c she is involved in biggest gambling scandal in more than 100 years long history of woman tennis (only at one bookmaker, betfalr, in her september lose against Korittseva, mafia or whoever invest more than 1.500.000 USD online when result is still tied at one minor India tournament). It's realy hard to prove anything in case like this, but like in Davydenko case, some things seems very obviously for me.

For me that make big difference between her and for example Rodionova which is real bitch - but nothing MORE than that.

Slutati
Apr 10th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Fuck your mother:spit:

davidmario
Apr 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM

well I heard that during the last off-season Tatiana was in the car with her mother, Tatiana driving, and then they had this horrible car-crash where her mother died:sad:

davidmario
Apr 10th, 2008, 01:44 PM
at the start of 2008 she was playing a lot in black also

Slutati
Apr 10th, 2008, 01:52 PM
well I heard that during the last off-season Tatiana was in the car with her mother, Tatiana driving, and then they had this horrible car-crash where her mother died:sad:
What?OMG, that's really sad.Poor girl:sad:

ivanban
Apr 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM
What?OMG, that's really sad.Poor girl:sad:

Yes, that is sad, but at nearly 30 years she's hardly a girl :confused:

Slutati
Apr 10th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Yes, that is sad, but at nearly 30 years she's hardly a girl :confused:
Fine.Poor woman then:p

stefi62
Apr 10th, 2008, 02:46 PM
The worst for me is probably Ekaterina Bychkova, and her mother in the tribune. A real show! They yell at each other.

Spud.
Apr 14th, 2008, 07:08 PM
:spit:

:rolls:

Hey is that Ellen Muth in your avatar?? She was fierce and smashing in Dead Like Me!!

Its Brian Molko from the band Placebo :cool:

CooCooCachoo
Apr 14th, 2008, 08:25 PM
The worst for me is probably Ekaterina Bychkova, and her mother in the tribune. A real show! They yell at each other.

Poutchek beats Bychkova by a mile.

drake3781
Apr 14th, 2008, 09:47 PM
:cat: You guys haven't ever seen Ula Radwańska in action. Best junior last year! But there is evil in her... :devil:

I saw her at IW this year. She cried, and she made a few gestures and such, but she wasn't real bad. Oh yeah, I think she did get a violation for cursing. :p Actually I remember it was funny, because she played against Yan Zi and watching the businesslike and calm Zi have to kind of deal with that was funny to me.

But the worst I've seen personally is Vera Zvonareva. Both times I've seen her, she cried. But the second time she also started gesturing and yelling things out. The crowd turned against her. :tape: You can actually see how that happens, if you are right there. First the crowd is like... what's going on? Is something wrong? Then they are like... WTF? Then like... omg she is getting even worse, what next? Then... poor sport; let's cheer against her.

I like to joke about tennis players, but i think that Tatiana Poutchek case is to many serious and dark b/c she is involved in biggest gambling scandal in more than 100 years long history of woman tennis (only at one bookmaker, betfalr, in her september lose against Korittseva, mafia or whoever invest more than 1.500.000 USD online when result is still tied at one minor India tournament). It's realy hard to prove anything in case like this, but like in Davydenko case, some things seems very obviously for me.

For me that make big difference between her and for example Rodionova which is real bitch - but nothing MORE than that.

Thanks for reminding me who was involved in that. I had forgotten. Now I can put both together in my mind.

And, how exactly does that sound in Russian? So I will know in case I hear it some time. :p

Very sad. I am sorry for her and her mother and family. :sad:

delicatecutter
Apr 15th, 2008, 02:52 AM
In light of recent events, I think I love her. :hearts:

égalité
Apr 15th, 2008, 03:50 AM
:haha:

Oh God, I saw her play against Sexy Lexy a few years ago. Samantha Stevenson was there. The two craziest people in tennis, within 100 feet of me! :hearts:

Uranium
Apr 15th, 2008, 03:58 AM
:haha:

Oh God, I saw her play against Sexy Lexy a few years ago. Samantha Stevenson was there. The two craziest people in tennis, within 100 feet of me! :hearts:

:lol:
Samantha Stevenson=God:hearts:

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 15th, 2008, 04:00 AM
I actually already hit a few balls against Poutchek in like 2002.

She did get a warning for ball abuse by kicking a ball in my face when I was a ballboy at the net :lol:

I've seen a lot by Rodionova, but I love that girl. Nastya has always been very nice outside of the court from my personnal experience, so I can't say anything about that.

drake3781
Apr 15th, 2008, 04:02 AM
I actually already hit a few balls against Poutchek in like 2002.

She did get a warning for ball abuse by kicking a ball in my face when I was a ballboy at the net :lol:

I've seen a lot by Rodionova, but I love that girl. Nastya has always been very nice outside of the court from my personnal experience, so I can't say anything about that.

Akgul told me that Nastya is nice and fun, and they go out for dinner and drinks together. :p

Drake1980
Apr 15th, 2008, 05:40 AM
:eek::sad: about her mother!!

Highlandman
Apr 15th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Angelika Roesch is not really better :lol: :p