PDA

View Full Version : Justine's shoulder injury is very bad?

LoveAndy
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:22 PM
I got this bad news before the Toronto's final, but anyway, she won the title.
This will effect her show up at USOpen?

CoolDude7
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:28 PM
No, she was hitting the ball hard. Her chances of winning are better than anyones.

AllezH1
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:24 PM
Shouldn't be. She looked fine to me.

pooh14
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:31 PM
hmm, i read in local papers, the injury was quite bad that they already arranged a friendly between jankovic n nadia incase henin withdraw from the finals.

henin wasn't even sure of playing the toronto finals till the last minute. however she said, she trainers did a fantastic job on her, allowing her to play.

however, i think it should be fine before the US Open. She would be resting few days in Toronto before going to US.

K-Dog
Aug 21st, 2007, 06:16 PM
the thing about shoulder injuries is that they pop up again when you don't expect it. i have had one all summer and it even hurts when I'm just running on the treadmill at home. they tend to linger and reappear unexpectedly.

karin1492
Aug 21st, 2007, 07:40 PM
She has chronic tendinitis in the shoulder. It's an old injury to a weak tendon in her shoulder that pops up from time to time. She's used to dealing with it. For crying out loud, she beat the most in-form player on the circuit who was playing high level tennis. She's fine.

©@®eLess
Aug 21st, 2007, 08:09 PM
Havent you heard! She got an Oscar for her fake injury in Toronto! Once again she proved what a class actress she is.

ViennaCalling
Aug 21st, 2007, 08:22 PM
Henin is always injured :rolleyes: Another reason why i can't stand her.

sfselesfan
Aug 21st, 2007, 08:23 PM
She'll compete, and compete well. However, I think her serve has been her biggest weakness since last year's USO. I don't know what it is, shoulder or form I guess. She used to adjust better to the conditions than she does now. I know she changed her form last summer, and I don't think it's helped her percentage or her injury concerns.

SF

sheyna
Aug 21st, 2007, 08:26 PM
Havent you heard! She got an Oscar for her fake injury in Toronto! Once again she proved what a class actress she is.

Is it the 7-0 H2H that is making you so upset? :tape:

I like Jelena, but when it comes to Oscar's .... isn't Jelena the one that has the most retirements? :tape:

cmonmasha
Aug 21st, 2007, 08:32 PM
Henin is always injured :rolleyes: Another reason why i can't stand her.
what's the other reason?? that tamira always loses against her? even if there r close matches

sheyna
Aug 21st, 2007, 08:33 PM
what's the other reason?? that tamira always loses against her? even if there r close matches

:lol:

Apoleb
Aug 21st, 2007, 08:36 PM
I'm kind of worried about that too. Her forehand was a mess against Jelena for most of the match, and her shoulder could be the reason. She complained about it back after the Wimb QF.

thrust
Aug 21st, 2007, 08:49 PM
Personally, I think Justine runs around her backhand too often. John McEnroe alluded to this some time ago. In the final the other day some of her forehand shots were great, but the ones where she ran around the backhand wer way off. Also, according to McEnroe she exerts more energy by running around her backhand too often. As John also said, with that backhand, why do it? When Justine^s backhand is on, it is one of the greatest shots ever!

Calypso
Aug 21st, 2007, 08:57 PM
I hope not!

We need a healthy Justine to add to the US Open field for an interesting fortnight.

ViennaCalling
Aug 21st, 2007, 08:57 PM

:rolleyes:

I didn't like Henin before i ever heard of Tamira :tape: You're not funny, so don't try to be, Sweetheart. :ignore:

The other reason is her on-court-attitude, don't like it.

Melly Flew Us
Aug 21st, 2007, 11:39 PM
She has chronic tendinitis in the shoulder. It's an old injury to a weak tendon in her shoulder that pops up from time to time. She's used to dealing with it. For crying out loud, she beat the most in-form player on the circuit who was playing high level tennis. She's fine.
yes but during the match she was doing her touchy-shoulder-thing.

regardless, she'll fine for the open.

goldlion
Aug 22nd, 2007, 03:11 AM
I hope she will recover soon.

Having a bad shoulder hinders everything, especially the serve.

See Masha during the French Open? The serve was completely out of her standard.

Tennisstar86
Aug 22nd, 2007, 03:17 AM
I got this bad news before the Toronto's final, but anyway, she won the title.
This will effect her show up at USOpen?

hrmm...you must be new... Henin always has these "injuries" just pop up..... part of the reason i dont like her... Its called "gamesmenship" nothin new....

cmon_masha
Aug 22nd, 2007, 03:24 AM
:rolleyes:

I didn't like Henin before i ever heard of Tamira :tape: You're not funny, so don't try to be, Sweetheart. :ignore:

The other reason is her on-court-attitude, don't like it.
I'm not trying to be funny SWWEEEEEETHEART I'm being realistic:rolleyes:

LindsayRulz
Aug 22nd, 2007, 03:31 AM
I don't think she would have played the final with a real bad shoulder pain.

doni1212
Aug 22nd, 2007, 04:05 AM
I hope she will recover soon.

Having a bad shoulder hinders everything, especially the serve.

See Masha during the French Open? The serve was completely out of her standard.

Please don't start this again, :rolleyes:

Ntour
Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:11 AM
hrmm...you must be new... Henin always has these "injuries" just pop up..... part of the reason i dont like her... Its called "gamesmenship" nothin new....

is there suchn thing as a real injury in the wta then???

serena wasn't really injured at wimby it was "gamesmanship" :rolleyes:
and mary pierce last year, wonder what she's trying to achieve with that little piece of gamesmanship :rolleyes:

adn serena 04 YEC final, pure gamesmanship, she was sooo pretending not to be able to serve to put maria off :rolleyes:

Tennisstar86
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:24 AM

and mary pierce last year, wonder what she's trying to achieve with that little piece of gamesmanship :rolleyes:

adn serena 04 YEC final, pure gamesmanship, she was sooo pretending not to be able to serve to put maria off :rolleyes:

Sure there are real injuries out there... and Im sure Justine has had a couple; however, most of the time she or someone in her camp says oh yeah Justines shoulder is bothering her....and then she comes out and serves 115mph serves on average.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I dont even want to bring up that B.S. 2006 AO final....

#1SteffiGraf#1
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:37 AM
I hope shes ok!

Petersmiler
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:13 AM
Sure there are real injuries out there... and Im sure Justine has had a couple; however, most of the time she or someone in her camp says oh yeah Justines shoulder is bothering her....and then she comes out and serves 115mph serves on average.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I dont even want to bring up that B.S. 2006 AO final....

What's the opposite of looking through rose tinted spectacles? I guess it's looking through shit tinted spectacles. Please take them off and then post something objective.

sheyna
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:56 AM

You forgot the AO 2005 final with Lindsay ;)

Tennisstar86
Aug 22nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
What's the opposite of looking through rose tinted spectacles? I guess it's looking through shit tinted spectacles. Please take them off and then post something objective.

I dont have shit tinted spectacles... lol. Im not a fan of Sharapova, but its clear shes having shoulder problems.... nor do i run around boasting Henin does not deserve her titles... gamesmenship is a part of the game... And I can and choose not to respect Henin for using it so outragiously.....(french quaterfinals 2003 against serena.....)

Maybe you should try not looking through rainbow speckled glasses...

Apoleb
Aug 22nd, 2007, 02:25 PM
Personally, I think Justine runs around her backhand too often. John McEnroe alluded to this some time ago. In the final the other day some of her forehand shots were great, but the ones where she ran around the backhand wer way off. Also, according to McEnroe she exerts more energy by running around her backhand too often. As John also said, with that backhand, why do it? When Justine^s backhand is on, it is one of the greatest shots ever!

The running around the backhand is relatively a new thing after she improved her forehand. I think it's generally the right thing to do, because she could generate more pace on the forehand than on the backhand, especially when it comes to sitters and slow paced balls (where she has the opportunity to run around her backhand).

Against Jelena on sunday, it was definitely the wrong thing to do, cause her forehand was messy, but her backhand was on for most of the match, especially at the end.

Petersmiler
Aug 22nd, 2007, 03:32 PM
I dont have shit tinted spectacles... lol. Im not a fan of Sharapova, but its clear shes having shoulder problems.... nor do i run around boasting Henin does not deserve her titles... gamesmenship is a part of the game... And I can and choose not to respect Henin for using it so outragiously.....(french quaterfinals 2003 against serena.....)

Maybe you should try not looking through rainbow speckled glasses...

Now there's no need to be homophobic!

J/k!

Thanx4nothin
Aug 22nd, 2007, 04:57 PM

:lol: She always seems to be injured but then again, when she comes on court, she's as good as new, weird that. Maybe she just plays through the pain. Except for the AO final.:eek: