PDA

View Full Version : Ever-improving Bondarenko

U.nwitzig
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:13 PM
Did anybody else notice how uninspired the editors from sonyericssonwtatour.com are? Truly gifted editors, I'd say. At least I'll always remember Bondarenko as ever-improving...:devil: :worship:

New Haven:

The remaining seeds are comprised of gifted Russian Dinara Safina (No.4), experienced Swiss campaigner Patty Schnyder (No.5), former US Open runner-up Elena Dementieva (No.6), popular Austrian Sybille Bammer (No.7) and the ever improving Ukrainian Alona Bondarenko (No.8).
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=1621

L.A.:

The remaining seeds this week are comprised of Israeli star Shahar Peer (No.10), talented Frenchwoman Tatiana Golovin (No.11), China's Li Na (No.12), popular Austrian Sybille Bammer (No.13), ever-improving Ukrainian Alona Bondarenko (No.14), Slovenia's Katarina Srebotnik (No.15) and Czech starlet Lucie Safarova (No.16).

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=1595

San Diego:

The remaining seeds this week are comprised of elegant Russian Elena Dementieva (No.9), last year's semifinalist Patty Schnyder (No.11), Israeli star Shahar Peer (No.12), talented Frenchwoman Tatiana Golovin (No.13), ever-improving Ukrainian Alona Bondarenko (No.14), popular Austrian Sybille Bammer (No.15) and Czech starlet Lucie Safarova (No.16).

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=1571

So Disrespectful
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:25 PM
:haha: Ironic considering she has stagnated. Her sister has made bigger steps in the last 4 months.

Shepster
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:26 PM
Popular Austrian Sybille Bammer? :scratch:

Does that mean she's popular *in* Austria? :p

U.nwitzig
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:43 PM

:lol:

ViennaCalling
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:47 PM

Thanks god ... now the Americans know not alone Adolf as a famous Austrian :devil: :spit:

Shepster
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:51 PM

Thanks god ... now the Americans know not alone Adolf as a famous Austrian :devil: :spit:
Don't forget the Governor ;) "Feeeeeeeeeeel my wrath, take my naaaaaaaaaame off your stadium" :fiery:

ViennaCalling
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:54 PM
Don't forget the Governor ;) "Feeeeeeeeeeel my wrath, take my naaaaaaaaaame off your stadium" :fiery:

Well, our "Steirische Eiche" Arnie was right. The dumb local politicians wanted to "punish" him by renaming the Stadium. But Arnie came first :devil:

hectopascal
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:25 PM
Haha.... it looks like a copy-paste job by the WTA editors!
Since I was distracted with my assignment, I noticed a few others:

"Czech starlet" Lucie Safarova
"popular Austrian" Sybille Bammer
"talented Frenchwoman" Tatiana Golovin

The only one they seem to have changed was Elena Dementieva, who went from a "former US Open runner-up" to an "elegant Russian"!! :haha:

vma
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:32 PM
let's not forget about "the prodigiously gifted Polish prodigy" Agnieszka Radwanska :D
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=1621

Dexter
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:35 PM

Thanks god ... now the Americans know not alone Adolf as a famous Austrian :devil: :spit:TBH, I don't really think that many Americans know that he was Austrian.

iPatty
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:36 PM
TBH, I don't really think that many Americans know that he was Austrian.

and how would you know that? do you live in america? no, you don't.
yes, most americans know that hitler was born in austria. :weirdo:

gumoll
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:39 PM
and how would you know that? do you live in america? no, you don't.
not possible :spit:

Shepster
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:44 PM
2/3rds of of young Americans can't find Britain or France on a map, I doubt they know about leaders' backgrounds. :tape:

Petkorazzi
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:48 PM
2/3rds of of young Americans can't find Britain or France on a map, I doubt they know about leaders' backgrounds. :tape:

:lol: I read that 23% of Americans cant find their country on the map *death*

Shepster
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:50 PM
It's 11% but it's still fucking hilarious... :rolls:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/11/1120_021120_GeoRoperSurvey.html

my personal favourite quote :

"More young U.S. citizens in the study knew that the island featured in last season's TV show "Survivor" is in the South Pacific than could find Israel."

lympyisthebest
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:53 PM
I'm Australian, and i had absolutely NO idea that Hitler was born in Austria, and i can guarantee you that a majority of Aussies won't know that.

Bruno71
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:57 PM
It's 11% but it's still fucking hilarious... :rolls:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/11/1120_021120_GeoRoperSurvey.html

my personal favourite quote :

"More young U.S. citizens in the study knew that the island featured in last season's TV show "Survivor" is in the South Pacific than could find Israel."

Are Brits much better?

http://www.rin.org.uk/pooled/articles/BF_NEWSART/view.asp?Q=BF_NEWSART_207016

A few disturbing facts from the survey:

17% were unaware which countries make up the UK.

More than one-in-20 UK residents didn't know that Cardiff is the capital of Wales.

One-in-10 thought that Berkshire land-locked Maidenhead was a seaside town.

15% think the Leicestershire town of Ashby-de-la-Zouch is 'abroad'.

6% reckon the Lincolnshire town of Grimsby is actually somewhere in the south.

6% also believe that the West Midlands town of Walsall is actually the same name as the capital of Poland.

Almost a third had no idea which motorway runs between Wales and London (M4).

15% thought Edinburgh was 700 miles from London when in it's actually only 413.

More than a third confessed to getting lost easily . .

. . yet 22% head still headed off on journeys without a map in the car.

Almost 70% think modern technology like satnav and internet route planners have made us lazy and complacent when it comes to geography and asking for directions.

More than one-in-10 admitted they knew their way around some foreign countries better than the UK.

4% have ended up in completely the wrong place because there are 2 or more locations in the UK with the same name.

The highlighted one cracks me up.

Shepster
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:16 PM
Are Brits much better?
Not really, considering this :

In England and Wales 390,127 people (0.7%) stated their religion as Jedi on their 2001 Census forms, surpassing Sikhism, Judaism, and Buddhism, and making it the fourth largest reported religion in the country. The highest percentages of such responses were typically in cities with high student populations. In the 2001 Census 2.6% of the population of Brighton claimed to be Jedi. The percentages of religious affiliations were:

Christian: 72.0%
No religion: 14.8%
Chose not to respond: 7.7%
Muslim: 3.1%
Hindu: 1.1%
Jedi: 0.7%

;)

Bruno71
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:17 PM
In England and Wales 390,127 people (0.7%) stated their religion as Jedi on their 2001 Census forms, surpassing Sikhism, Judaism, and Buddhism, and making it the fourth largest reported religion in the country.

I always knew Brits were up to some crazy mind tricks...now I know why!

DefyingGravity
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:32 PM
American teenagers don't even know where ENGLAND, FRANCE, RUSSIA, and ITALY are!!!!

We had a European map quiz, and I had been looking at maps my whole life and loved history. Pity I couldn't say that about my classmates. They labled Poland as Russia....England as I don't know...France as Germany....Italy was mislabeled as Romeland....it was so embarassing. And this is coming in a top school district in Ohio (Hilliard). I've never felt so embarassed for someone.

And the WTA editors REALLY need some variety. I'll go work for them. I'm a soon to be published author of a book.

DefyingGravity
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:34 PM
Okay...I'm American and I knew the M4 connects Wales and England. I also know that the M1 goes into Northern England and possibly Scotland.

We ALL need to learn how to read maps. K?

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:40 PM

they must have seen the tranny pics :lol:

Poova
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:43 PM
Are Brits much better?

I know most of the things on there except a couple (like the miles from Edinburgh to London, how the fuck am I supposed to know that?) and I'm only 16. :angel:

ViennaCalling
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:03 PM
TBH, I don't really think that many Americans know that he was Austrian.

Not only Americans. It's great, isn't it? :devil:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:08 PM
Are Brits much better?

those 6% are probably Soccer-am watchers
where they regularly make fun of Walsall and call that team Warsaw :tape: :tape:

sammy01
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:11 PM
Are Brits much better?

i live very close to ashby-de-la-zouch i drive through it regulary so i knew that 1 woooooooooooo!

Nervenbuendel
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:15 PM
Well, to be honest - although Hitler was born in Austria 1889 he adopted the german citizenship 1932 in Braunsschweig/Germany as far as I can remember. He anyway hated Autria (I love Austria ;) ) that was the reason he joined the german army 1914 and fought for "Deutsches Reich" until 1918. Actually he never spend any time of his life again in Austria until 1938, so he he had tighter connections to Germany.

FORZA SARITA
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:38 PM

:haha:

Hantu515
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:43 PM
Europeans assuming we know nothing about geography. I bet I know more about european geography than 80% of the people on this board. its not our fault we have a crappy public education system that destroys kids brains to be mindless liberals.

Hantu515
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:44 PM
and I know that everyone at my school learned that Hitler was Austrian

Hantu515
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:47 PM
o one last thing on-topic I also got a good laugh when I noticed that this week.