PDA

View Full Version : Report from USO Player Hotel Lobby

pierce0415
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:28 AM
Just walked thru the player hotel lobby on the way home from work (it is on the way home between my office and my flat)

This report will be short and sweet but I will give you guys more detailed reports next week when all the main draw players will be here

Today I saw

Paola Suarez looking sitting on one of the couches in the lobby ... she was with a guy (her boyfriend or coach) ... they waited for two other players (I didn't recognize them) before heading out to dinner

Lucie Safarova and Tomas Berdych hand in hand :inlove:

Richard Gasquet having dinner with his parents and a girl on an outdoor sidewalk table at the French restaurant next to the hotel (this restaurant is very popular w/ the French players as last year Amelie, Paul-Henri etc were there

either Ondraskova or Czink sitting on the couch in the lobby

brunof
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:33 AM
Sounds like you are just having balls of fun. Do you have a job? :confused:

babsi
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:34 AM
now that is stalkerish.

hablo
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the report.

LegionArgentina
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:35 AM
You have seen Pao with her boyfriend probably, you are lucky to live near there.

Natalicious
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:38 AM
do u have a life :lol:

pierce0415
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:39 AM
now that is stalkerish.

:rolleyes: what is your problem? :o

I did not go out of my way to go there ... the hotel is literally on my way home from work ... the hotel lobby has 2 entrances and I go in one entrance and out the other ...

if I don't walk thru the lobby, I must walk on the street outside the hotel to get home so why not take the more scenic route ???

Donny
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:40 AM
Luckily, I am in Northern Brooklyn, far far away from the players (and the tourists that are bound to follow)

Zombielicious
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:42 AM
Richie. :inlove:

Jean-Pierre.
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:43 AM
Stalker alert.

No Name Face
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:46 AM
ugh. i live in brooklyn and i'm on a tight budget so no USO this year :sad:
this makes me sad, knowing that the best tennis players on the planet are so close and i can't see them. :(

The Kaz
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:10 AM
this makes me sad, knowing that the best tennis players on the planet are so close and i can't see them. :(

Meh...I have that every year, i live like 100kms from the Aussie Open and ive only gone like 3 times. None of my friends like tennis and im not going on my own :(

supergrunt
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:16 AM
some of you are meanies :(

heytennis
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:37 AM

Yeah really! I think it's cool to see players at their hotel. It's not like he's trying to find out their room number.

faboozadoo15
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:57 AM
Luckily, I am in Northern Brooklyn,

:tape: That's not something you hear everyday. :spit: Sorry, a bit of a Manhattan snob here.

faboozadoo15
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:58 AM
And also, there's no "players hotel" at the USO.
All the top players stay in Manhattan at a variety of hotels.

No Name Face
Aug 21st, 2007, 03:04 AM
:tape: That's not something you hear everyday. :spit: Sorry, a bit of a Manhattan snob here.

brooklyn is so much better than overrated, overhyped manhattan. i make good money and i'd rather spend it living in an apartment i can move in, instead of living in a glorified studio shoebox.

to me manhattan is the place where i work, go to class, and occasionally go out/get a drink. brooklyn is home.

[/newly proud brooklyn-ite]

RJWCapriati
Aug 21st, 2007, 03:06 AM
So they just let anyone into that hotel lobby................:lol: :tape:

Donny
Aug 21st, 2007, 03:08 AM

Yea, I get that a lot. When I tell people I'm from Bed Stuy, and that I actually enjoy living here, people look at me like I'm nuts.

Infiniti2001
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:09 AM
Meh...I have that every year, i live like 100kms from the Aussie Open and ive only gone like 3 times. None of my friends like tennis and im not going on my own :(

You have friends? :shrug: :tape:

AJZ.
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:14 AM
No Name Face and Kaz :hug:
That sucks :sad::sad: You live close to Grand Slams and can't go...
I guess I'm blessed to be able to afford my TMS/T1 every year then!!

tenn_ace
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:18 AM
And also, there's no "players hotel" at the USO.
All the top players stay in Manhattan at a variety of hotels.

totally true. some of the hotels are Intercontinental, W, Hayatt

friendsita
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:18 AM
I live in southamerica, here there's not a decent wta tournament... this is total sadness.

sfselesfan
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:21 AM
Last year when I went to the Open, Amelie was at Sofitel...where I stayed.

I saw her leaving once when I came in.

Great hotel, French, I recommend it highly. The concierge got us courtside tickets for the semis and finals.

SF

DA FOREHAND
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:21 AM

lmao:lol: :lol:

Jacey
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:27 AM

:haha: ok that was really funny!!

Anyway, back on topic....lets not all be to judgemental, after all you did come in this thread with the title being "Report from USO Players Hotel Lobby" so we are just a bit curious about the players. I for one would like to know what else you can dig up by doing a walk-by...If its not out of your way. ;)

SzavayFi
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:28 AM
I stayed at the same hotel as Maria Kirilenko 2 years ago and i went down on the elevator w/ her. :bowdown: I wanted to press the stop elevator button so bad and start making out with her hardcore. :D

faboozadoo15
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:30 AM
I love Brooklyn, don't get me wrong. I just live in Manhattan around people terrified of the place. I love how Brooklyn is quiet, homey, and tree-lined. But yes, hattan is much more convenient for me, and it's where I'll stay.

And it must be said :banana: rent control!

Pasta-Na
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:37 AM
You have friends? :shrug: :tape:

:yeah: :woohoo: :worship: :lol: :haha:

Bruno71
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:47 AM
You mean you were actually stalking the players pierce???

Great job!! Keep us informed ;)

Pasta-Na
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:52 AM
can you try to date kuzzy pls? pierce :p

Drake1980
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:54 AM
very cool, keep up the reports please and ignore the haters.

Slumpsova
Aug 21st, 2007, 06:02 AM
so are so lucky :D
keep updating!

darice
Aug 21st, 2007, 11:14 AM
Just walked thru the player hotel lobby on the way home from work (it is on the way home between my office and my flat)

This report will be short and sweet but I will give you guys more detailed reports next week when all the main draw players will be here

Today I saw

Paola Suarez looking sitting on one of the couches in the lobby ... she was with a guy (her boyfriend or coach) ... they waited for two other players (I didn't recognize them) before heading out to dinner

Lucie Safarova and Tomas Berdych hand in hand :inlove:

Richard Gasquet having dinner with his parents and a girl on an outdoor sidewalk table at the French restaurant next to the hotel (this restaurant is very popular w/ the French players as last year Amelie, Paul-Henri etc were there

either Ondraskova or Czink sitting on the couch in the lobby

which midtown hotel? not that i'm gonna stalk or anything. :angel: :tape:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:26 PM

Go to the qualifying :) It's free. That's what I do since I'm on a budget myself.