PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Sybille Bammer? What's the issue?

baleineau
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I ask this because she seems to have hit a new height this last year or so, breaking into the top-50 for real and now possibly heading for a top-20 year-end finish. what do you think of her game? I think she lacks talent. I've seen a lot of her matches now, and whilst she's hard-working, her game seems a bit mechnical and manufactured, and it would seem she's at the top because she's mega-fit. Your thoughts?

Shepster
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:18 PM
I saw her in Stanford against Mirza and in Toronto against Jankovic. Both times she lost but I can see how she beats players without many weapons. She's got a consistency and works the ball around nicely and is in great shape but when she comes up against someone with weapons or someone who does what she does but better she loses. She also plays as many tournaments as Jankovic, which helps with the ranking.

Natalicious
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:19 PM
she isnt a natuaral talent. she worked hard for where she is now

Beny
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:24 PM
All 5 options are quite the same.. :shrug: :D
I like her, she's not a top10 material..but top20 for sure.
I think she's not in her best form at the momment..

LeRoy.
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:28 PM
is it just me or are all five options more or less the same :p

jonny84
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:32 PM
I just think hard work has paid off for her. She's won her first title and reached a Tier I SF (Indian Wells) this year, as well as remian consistent. She has beaten Ivanovic, Golovin and Hantuchova. She's put in hard work and its obviously paid off.

iPatty
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:47 PM
you have to have natural talent to play tennis at a high level. :rolleyes:

i just don't think she has a weapon. she's fit and consistent, but that can only get you so far.

Wayn77
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Great athlete, good all-round player in the 25-30 bracket.

I find Bammer's submissive game rather bland and uninspiring - a bit like Austrian football teams over the years (no offence intended).

Sybille is a competitive opponent: but when she's behind in the match, has to come out of her comfort zone and press - the Bam Bam UEs start to fly.

Natalicious
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Great athlete, good all-round player in the 25-30 bracket.

I find Bammer's submissive game rather bland and uninspiring - a bit like Austrian football teams over the years (no offence intended).

Sybille is a competitive opponent: but when she's behind in the match, has to come out of her comfort zone and press - the Bam Bam UEs start to fly.

good one :haha: its true :tape: :help:

Hantu515
Aug 20th, 2007, 10:01 PM
I've always been impressed with her, I watched her 06 match against Venus at the French and even though she lost, she was still playing quite well. Sure she doesn't have the best of anything but she's got a solid everything and doesn't have spirts of awful tennis.

cellophane
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:00 AM
Your poll options :lol:

Seriously Sybille played like garbage against Jelena, absolute garbage. So many UEs.

Just Do It
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:10 AM
is it just me or are all five options more or less the same

When I read them I just wanted to write that :lol: :haha:

Darop.
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:12 AM
I could vote for 4 options :shrug: They're all so similar