PDA

View Full Version : Lisa R reports Lindsay as "singles full time in 2008"!

ChrisCologne
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:17 PM
"As it turns out, she will be playing some singles in the fall, as well as starting full time next year."

I predict this supports an Asian schedule of 2 events later on this year, maybe accompanied by Quebec indoors, but I doubt this.

The rest could very well be the following:

- Australia (2 events)
- Indian Wells or/and Miami
- Eastbourne/Wimbledon
- Olympics
- 2 US events and the US Open

and then maybe final retirement??

RJWCapriati
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:19 PM
I'm sure she'll end it at the Open next year........but I hope she can win a title and have a good showing @ the Olympic Games.

Tennisstar86
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:20 PM
"As it turns out, she will be playing some singles in the fall, as well as starting full time next year."

I predict this supports an Asian schedule of 2 events later on this year, maybe accompanied by Quebec indoors, but I doubt this.

The rest could very well be the following:

- Australia (2 events)
- Indian Wells or/and Miami
- Eastbourne/Wimbledon
- Olympics
- 2 US events and the US Open

and then maybe final retirement??

I think she might play through the end of 09 as well....

ChrisCologne
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:25 PM
The last comment I truely doubt cause I believe that she just circles the whole thing around the Olympics. I think she supports the idea of being it in China and dreams of playing there. As for the GS, I think she has no real pressure in those. In minor tier events, I think she will avoid heavier travelling to Arabia or such a thing and remain in America.

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:33 PM
The last comment I truely doubt cause I believe that she just circles the whole thing around the Olympics. I think she supports the idea of being it in China and dreams of playing there. As for the GS, I think she has no real pressure in those. In minor tier events, I think she will avoid heavier travelling to Arabia or such a thing and remain in America.

That's not Lindsay.
Lindsay will go anywhere if the PRICE IS RIGHT.
If Lindsay is given the same appearance fee as Sharapova to play in Dubai, she's going. :lol:

Never too early to start thinking about a grandchild's college fund. :lol:

ChrisCologne
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I doubt she will do that being a mother.

jonny84
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Great to have Lindsay back this year and next year full time!

:)

The Daviator
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Can't wait :cool:

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I doubt she will do that being a mother.

We're talking about a women who didn't feel safe playing the Olympics in Athens but seems to have no problem having her child in China.

She felt safe in Europe after 9/11 fully knowing that if she played well during the indoor season, she had the chance to sneak up to the number one ranking.

The only thing really consistent about Lindsay is that she does what she wants regardless of whose involved.

LUXXXAS
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:48 PM
:woohoo:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:49 PM
:woohoo:

ChrisCologne
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:49 PM
And that says an American.

I see it differently. I highly doubt she is to bring her kid with her to Arabia. Maybe she will leave it for 10 days and travel. But we will see what happens in such a hot place like Australia.

ChrisCologne
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:50 PM
:bounce:

tennisIlove09
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Her schedule is not confirmed. I will wait to see what Lindsay plays. I am sure it will be limited, but I dont think she will do anything silly.

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:56 PM
We're talking about a women who didn't feel safe playing the Olympics in Athens but seems to have no problem having her child in China.

She felt safe in Europe after 9/11 fully knowing that if she played well during the indoor season, she had the chance to sneak up to the number one ranking.

The only thing really consistent about Lindsay is that she does what she wants regardless of whose involved.

People changed!!! Its not like she even change relegion.

oceandrive
Aug 20th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I really understand Lindsay wanting to play in China olympics,it really must be a fantastic place and they know how to outdo themselves.I can imagine the colours and pomp,Athens was just a disaster simply dull/dull.

lindsayno1
Aug 20th, 2007, 10:16 PM
who knows with lindsay...this is the woman who was never gonna play professional tennis again!

LindsayRulz
Aug 20th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Great news from Lisa! :) Thanks for posting it.

ChrisCologne
Aug 20th, 2007, 10:27 PM
By the way, the whole topic can be found in Lisa´s blog on official page wtatour.com.

ChampLindsay
Aug 20th, 2007, 10:48 PM
nice words by Lisa:worship:

It's an amazing that she writes blog, may be for this reason we could get interesting information about Lindsay!:hearts: :hearts:

Lindsayfan32
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:38 AM
I hate to bust everyone's bubble here, but the fact Lindsay was going to play a full time singles schedule next year was announced by Lindsay a while back it old news.

LoveFifteen
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:40 AM
I wonder if Larry Scott will deny her late entry into certain events. :lol: