PDA

View Full Version : Ana Ivanovic vs Jelena Jankovic - Which Serbian will win a Grand Slam first?

ZeroSOFInfinity
Aug 20th, 2007, 01:22 PM
http://www.anaivanovic.narod.ru/images1/31032005_Ana_beach13.jpg

:kiss: ANA IVANOVIC:kiss:

-OR-

http://img140.exs.cx/img140/4028/jelena20154cs.jpg

:drool: JELENA JANKOVIC:drool:

-OR-

http://www.novak-djokovic.com/photo/2005_usopen_matija/djokovic_usopen2005_07.jpg

:help: NOVAK DJOKOVIC:help:

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 20th, 2007, 01:26 PM
:lol: Djokovic's pic!Is it a recent pic of his?:p

Whoever among these three wins will definitely bring pride for Serbia.Three of them have big chances to win it.
But I hope Ana gets it first.:yeah:

Shepster
Aug 20th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Hate to say it, but Novak - he can and has beaten all the top contenders, let alone in the space of one tournament. Only question mark for him is can he do it over 5 sets. The girls have to prove they can do it at all first.

jonny84
Aug 20th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I think Ana will break her duck first. But Jelena and Novak should both win slams too.

Donny
Aug 20th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Hate to say it, but Novak - he can and has beaten all the top contenders, let alone in the space of one tournament. Only question mark for him is can he do it over 5 sets. The girls have to prove they can do it at all first.

Fed was playing crap during the Rogers Master final, and STILL took it to a third set tiebreak. When he actually wants to win, like during a slam, Nole has no chance- in my opinion, at least.

darice
Aug 20th, 2007, 01:38 PM
see my avatar :p

serena_fan
Aug 20th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Ivanovic

Thanx4nothin
Aug 20th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I don't see Jelena ever winning one, ANA and Novak will win countless.

Shepster
Aug 20th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Fed was playing crap during the Rogers Master final, and STILL took it to a third set tiebreak. When he actually wants to win, like during a slam, Nole has no chance- in my opinion, at least.
And Novak wasn't at his best either - he was much better the night before against Nadal.

DownTheLine21
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Djokovic and Ivanovic will each win their first slam sometime in the next 12 months.

lympyisthebest
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:02 PM
I still think Jelena will win a slam before Ana, even though she has underachieved at the slams this year with the exception of the French.

chloe-l
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Jelena.

jack daniels
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Djokovic

Just Do It
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Us Open 2007 - Winner Jelena Jankovic ;)

selyoink
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Djokovic is the only one that I am sure will win a slam so I had to vote for him.

I'm far from convinced that either Ivanovic or Jankovic will ever win a slam. Its not like either has to like a lot of people assume.

Serenidad.
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:22 PM
God, you people. Learn to draw the line between players you like and your worthless opinions. Jelena Jankovic is nowhere near ready to win a grandslam. You people are just totally jaded. Just because you like her, you need to think logically. The USO hardcourts are very very fast unforgiving to her 75MPH second serves. She had a good draw last year getting to the semis, but stop being silly. Ivanovic will be the first to win one, but it won't be for at least another 2-3 years.

Serval
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Djoko. He's got the bottle to take on Fed and Nadal.

Shepster
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Just because you like her, you need to think logically. The USO hardcourts are very very fast unforgiving to her 75MPH second serves.
Her 2nd serve average was 3mph less than Venus Williams at Wimbledon... :tape:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Although Novak beated Federer and Nadal in Montreal, I still think he won't make it at the US Open. It will be Federer again.
Between Ana and Jelena, I definitely think Ana.

Chrisi
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:44 PM

Right ;)

Bruno71
Aug 20th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Novak looks like he could soon be superior to all other ATP players off clay except Federer. The Federer dominance doesn't seem as present since the Australian this year. Ana & Jelena have a lot more strong contenders to deal with at slams, including Justine, Serena, & Venus.

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:01 PM
ANA!!!!! Fed and Nadal are harder to beat at a slam.....ask how many people thought Fed was in a slump and yet made two consecutive slam finals winning one and Nole has not proven he can beat those two in a slam especially pulling out of a match with some sort of injury...

RJWCapriati
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Jankovic

Poova
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Djokovic and then Ana not long after.

Shepster
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:05 PM
ANA!!!!! Fed and Nadal are harder to beat at a slam.....ask how many people thought Fed was in a slump and yet made two consecutive slam finals winning one and Nole has not proven he can beat those two in a slam especially pulling out of a match with some sort of injury...
It was an infected blister on his left little toe, which was the after-effects of playing two mammoth 5-setters with Hewitt and Baghdatis and then being expected to take on Nadal on consecutive days. There was a rumour prior to the match that he might have not even played.

~Carsten~
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:10 PM
as long as Federer and Nadal are playing Djokovic will win no Slam!

I hope Ana will be the one!

Danči Dementia
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:13 PM
ANA WILL WIN ONE FIRST THAN JELENA
Maybe Novak.....will win one first out of the 3 but between jelena and Ana ..

ANA ANA ANA ANA ANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetpeas
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Ana!

AllezH1
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Ivanovic or Djokovic.

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:52 PM
It was an infected blister on his left little toe, which was the after-effects of playing two mammoth 5-setters with Hewitt and Baghdatis and then being expected to take on Nadal on consecutive days. There was a rumour prior to the match that he might have not even played.

I wasn't talking about wimby this year i was talking about RG in 06 or 05 when he played rafa and supposedly had a back injury but could still serve hard and rally but once he lost the point there those nagging back pains came again....then retired and in the post match conference talk about how he was in control of the match :help:

then talk really big before his match before Fed in the AO i think and talk about how not-great Fed is and then be beaten easily in straights....Novak needs to prove himself in a GS first...

Natalicious
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Nole > Ana > Jelena

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Ana has the agressiveness to win a grand slam and hit her opponents off the court.

I don't feel Jankovic does.

Novak is gonna have a hard time with Roger and Nadal in front of him.

StZox
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:35 AM

I couldn't agree more

Pasta-Na
Aug 21st, 2007, 03:26 AM
that guy wont win a slam as he has to play over 3 sets :p

yohaneuano4
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:17 AM
Ah, it's a trick question - Jelena has already won Wimbledon mixed doubles!

heytennis
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:05 AM
Novak is great but beating great players like he did in Montreal would be much harder in a slam.

Ana will win before Jelena I think.

Jeff
Aug 21st, 2007, 07:32 AM
Ana may lead in head-to-head against Jelena, but I still think Jelena will win a slam first. But, I think they will both win slams, including Djokovic.

CanIGetAWhat
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Novak's improving by leaps and bounds. He'll not only win one before Jelena and Ana, but he'll also reach No. 1 before both players.

AnnaK_4ever
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Novak's improving by leaps and bounds. He'll not only win one before Jelena and Ana, but he'll also reach No. 1 before both players.

Federer is retiring?! :eek:

CanIGetAWhat
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Federer is retiring?! :eek:Roger will lose the No. 1 ranking next year. :worship:

sharapovarulz1
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Jankovic or Djokovic will win a slam first:)

up!
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Unfortunatelly, I think Jelena will never win a slam. Djokovic will have to wait Federer's retirement. So the most likely is Ana.

faboozadoo15
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Novak is gonna have a hard time with Roger and Nadal in front of him.

I would put Nole over Nadal on any court besides red clay. Wimbledon was a huge letdown match against Nadal for Nole. He didn't play anywhere near his best. Next time it won't be this way.

HenryMag.
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:11 PM
I hope Jelena....but probably it will be Novak.

faboozadoo15
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Federer is retiring?! :eek:

:haha: Well in all honesty, Djokovic hoists the most #1 potential out of all three Serbs. Jankovic very well could have had her best year ever, and she only has a #3 ranking to show for it. She may never reach #1 even if she wins a slam. Ivanovic is just too inconsistent and can't beat someone who is overpowering her. IMO she also lacks a champion's mentality. She doesn't choke (well, other than at RG) but she doesn't have the chutzpah to go for her shots in her biggest matches like other young champs that have preceded her.

sammy01
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:04 PM

i find myself agreeing more and more with you shepster! for me its novak, he beat the worlds 1, 2 and 3 in the same tournament something ana nor jj can boast! (plus ana and jj's record against henin is just crap!)

AnnaK_4ever
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:19 PM
:haha: Well in all honesty, Djokovic hoists the most #1 potential out of all three Serbs. Jankovic very well could have had her best year ever, and she only has a #3 ranking to show for it. She may never reach #1 even if she wins a slam. Ivanovic is just too inconsistent and can't beat someone who is overpowering her. IMO she also lacks a champion's mentality. She doesn't choke (well, other than at RG) but she doesn't have the chutzpah to go for her shots in her biggest matches like other young champs that have preceded her.

I thought we were talking about winning Slam title.
With Federer and Nadal being healthy Djokovic has as much chance to win it as Roddick, Davydenko, Blake and others, in other words: 1%.
Moreover, his unbelievable choke in the first set of the USO final proves he is no Slam material yet.

sammy01
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I thought we were talking about winning Slam title.
With Federer and Nadal being healthy Djokovic has as much chance to win it as Roddick, Davydenko, Blake and others, in other words: 1%.
Moreover, his unbelievable choke in the first set of the USO final proves he is no Slam material yet.

but do you not think if henin, venus and serena are fit jj and ana have 0% chance i mean djokovic has beaten federer, jj and ana have never beaten henin if im not wrong!

master40
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Jelena is just SO good. She will win one slam next year for sure! Maybe the australian open!

AnnaK_4ever
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:34 PM
but do you not think if henin, venus and serena are fit jj and ana have 0% chance i mean djokovic has beaten federer, jj and ana have never beaten henin if im not wrong!

Henin is beatable at the Slams (Bartoli?). Venus won 2 Slam titles in 6 years and only at Wimbledon, Serena won 3 Slam titles in 4 years and only in Australia. Federer and Nadal won the last 11 Slams they competed. Feel the difference.

sammy01
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Henin is beatable at the Slams (Bartoli?). Venus won 2 Slam titles in 6 years and only at Wimbledon, Serena won 3 Slam titles in 4 years and only in Australia. Federer and Nadal won the last 11 Slams they competed. Feel the difference.

i just feel your bending the statics to suit you the same way as i can do to suit me! i guess they all have just about an equal chance (which is slim as theres big obsticals in the way federer, nadal, henin, venus, serena!) but in my gut i feel djokovic has the best chance, im sure your gut says otherwise but with them all being so tight staticaly thats all we have to go on!

Mightymirza
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:42 PM
ajde ivanovic

Matt01
Sep 13th, 2007, 11:53 PM

Frankly, I don't see a big difference. Chokovi...ermmm....Djokovic ;) has already beaten Nadal and Federer at big tournaments (and without the choke he maybe would have already won a Slam), Janko has already beaten the Williams in big tournaments and almost beat Henin severeal times. Ivanovic hasn't beaten this years GS winners yet but she has proven that she can win big tournaments (Canada, Berlin, L.A.) and her game has the most potential of the 3 (IMO :p).

All 3 Serbians will a have an ouside shot at the Slams in the near future but probably won't be the absolute favorites.

AnnaK_4ever
Sep 14th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Frankly, I don't see a big difference. Chokovi...ermmm....Djokovic ;) has already beaten Nadal and Federer at big tournaments (and without the choke he maybe would have already won a Slam), Janko has already beaten the Williams in big tournaments and almost beat Henin severeal times. Ivanovic hasn't beaten this years GS winners yet but she has proven that she can win big tournaments (Canada, Berlin, L.A.) and her game has the most potential of the 3 (IMO :p).

All 3 Serbians will a have an ouside shot at the Slams in the near future but probably won't be the absolute favorites.

Well, I pretty much agree. I'm just biased towards Djokovic, I don't like cheaters.

Matt01
Sep 14th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Well, I pretty much agree. I'm just biased towards Djokovic, I don't like cheaters.

Ok then, I haven't noticed that Djokovic cheats so often ;)

AnnaK_4ever
Sep 14th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Ok then, I haven't noticed that Djokovic cheats so often ;)

well, it's not MTF so we better stop discussing his countless medical time outs and ball bouncing that lasts forever. Of course, it's not like we have actually begun to discuss it but... :lol:

CanIGetAWhat
Jan 28th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Novak's improving by leaps and bounds. He'll not only win one before Jelena and Ana, but he'll also reach No. 1 before both players.He's the first to win a slam and on the verge of the No. 1 ranking. :worship:

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 28th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Djokovic proved me wrong.

dya74
Jan 28th, 2008, 09:41 PM
From the girls, I think jankovic

Wayn77
Jan 28th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Roland Garros 2008 Final:

Jankovic def. Henin 7-6 6-7 6-3

Barrie_Dude
Jan 29th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Ana

VeeJJ
Jan 29th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Roland Garros 2008 Final:

Jankovic def. Henin 7-6 6-7 6-3

I could see that in the future. She now has a serving coach so if she can get a good serve by then the score could be 7-6 6-1. If she gets a better serve she could win a lot more also... maybe even the USO.

Wayn77
Jan 29th, 2008, 01:16 AM
I could see that in the future. She now has a serving coach so if she can get a good serve by then the score could be 7-6 6-1. If she gets a better serve she could win a lot more also... maybe even the USO.

This is good news ...

The shoulder and back issues which plagued Jelena in Australia need to be addressed first.

A serve upgrade requires practice, bodily readjustment and ..... time.

RenaSlam.
Jan 29th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Djokovic. :)

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 29th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Djokovic always was the best GS material from Serbia

Since he was 120 of the world I said he was going to win Grand Slams in the future :)

Wayn77
Jan 29th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Djokovic always was the best GS material from Serbia

Since he was 120 of the world I said he was going to win Grand Slams in the future :)

I was never sure he was going to beat Fed at a Major.

Just goes to show when you pass that hurdle - ladies take note!