PDA

View Full Version : Jelena can win a slam

Aaron.
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:39 AM
If Myskina can do it why cant Jelena :weirdo:

Jelena works harder then Myskina, Jelena has consistent results her best bet to win one if the French or the Open.

David55
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:41 AM

Jelena works harder then Myskina, Jelena has consistent results her best bet to win one if the French or the Open.
To be honest, 2004 was a really weird year on the tour- WS playing like crap, the Belgians injured.

tennisrocks123
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:41 AM
myskina was kinda lucky i'd say, but jelena can. i love her game, but she needs to IMPROVE her serve

Apoleb
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Ofcourse she can win a slam. She still has room to improve, and with a good draw, she's the one to do it.

David55
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:42 AM
I think Jelena can. I just don't think Myskina is a valid comparison. With Justine out, the FO is wide open and Justine was knocked out early that year.

Donny
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Ofcourse she can win a slam. She still has room to improve, and with a good draw, she's the one to do it.

She's 23- at some point soon, her learning curve is going to flatten out.

Apoleb
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:46 AM
She's 23- at some point soon, her learning curve is going to flatten out.

She's 22. About the right moment to take her game to a next level. She's already done so since last year, and there's still room to improve. Many players also continued improving late in their career.

Nicolás89
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:48 AM

:tape:

Aaron.
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Actually why not compare Myskina to Jelena.

Myskina wasnt a favorite for the FO she was a contender Jelena will be a contender for each slam.

Aaron.
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:49 AM
:tape: :spit:

DefyingGravity
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:49 AM
French Open for Jankovic...but she'd need help from Tonya Harding to injure Justine...

Bruno71
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:59 AM
No idea if she will win a slam, but I think she can obviously. The age thing is a factor but she started playing later than most girls so that's why it's that way. It definitely shortens her window.

I figure if she was somewhat close to beating Justine and making the final last year, that may indicate good things for the future, but there's still things she needs to put work into imo before she wins one. That's the big question.

Mark Spruce
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:00 AM
Well Put

Danči Dementia
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Myskina was lucky........very lucky.
Jelena is a great player and I think she'll win a grand slam very soo.

No Name Face
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:09 AM
she has the game but she can't keep it up mentally against henin.
i would imagine an in form serena would thrash janko as well.
but she can fight against venus, ivanovic, kuznetsova, and sharapova.

heytennis
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:13 AM
She can beat anyone on tour so why not?

danieln1
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:22 AM
If Sveta, Majoli, Conchita, Clijsters, Arantxa can win, of course Jelena can, with luck

AllezH1
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:42 AM
No she cannot.

Because unlike in 2004, Serena, Venus, and Justine are either a.) healthy b.) playing c.) not playing like shit.

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:48 AM
All she needs is the mental aspect and a better serve. Anyone who disagrees is seriously delusional.

hablo
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:51 AM
It's so tiresome to read about how Myskina was so lucky to win RG.

Derek.
Aug 20th, 2007, 05:22 AM
It's so tiresome to read about how Myskina was so lucky to win RG.

Agreed.

Hashim.
Aug 20th, 2007, 05:24 AM
All she needs is the mental aspect and a better serve. Anyone who disagrees is seriously delusional.

agreed :angel:

So Disrespectful
Aug 20th, 2007, 06:53 AM
People don't seem to understand that age and developmental stage don't always go hand in hand.

Jelena has only been playing fantastic tennis for a year, and has had a few decent seasons before that. She still has a few more solid years of improvement before she reaches her peak, and she also has more than one slam in her.

gary
Aug 20th, 2007, 07:12 AM
after Henin,Williams sisters,Masha all retire? :haha: :lol:

So Disrespectful
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:33 AM
after Henin,Williams sisters,Masha all retire? :haha: :lol:

Henin can't win Wimbledon, Williams sisters are just as likely to win as they are not turn up at all, and Jelena is capable of beating Sharapova.

Russianboy
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:38 AM

myskina's backhand was just:drool: when she was on fire. and her forehand looks much better to me than jankovic'...
We'll see if jelena can win a slam or not.