PDA

View Full Version : Espy Awards Joan Rivers & Jen

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:13 AM
Yikes what the heck was that? Jen should have smacked Joan for all those stupid questions? "when are you done with tennis?" Geezus she's only been really back since last year! Joan is ready to ship jen out to pasture. Then what was all that about working out? Snooooze! where were the interesting questions?

also jen is a big girl, meaning muscle, she made joan look like jailbait. She should have popped her one.

cheeky
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:27 AM
any siting of serena or venus? isn't serena suppose to be presenting tonight,i unfortunately don't have espn,not yet anyways:sad:

brickhousesupporter
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:28 AM
The important question cyb is how did Jenn look? Please give some details in your most honest opinion.

angele87
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:37 AM
has the awards started yet? I don't have ESPN ( :( ) but TSN is showing it... only in a half hour though :confused:

kazzmazz
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:38 AM
Ugh. I don't know how the old hag always gets away with it. You're right, Jen should have popped her one.

I don't think Venus will be there. Could be mistaken, but didn't she stay in Europe after Wimby?

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:41 AM
Okay in my honest opinion Jen looks good but the dress color, black, does not work. she should have gone for some color, other than that she looks great.

Okay serena just talked with Joan and she looks amazing a light purple flowerly versace number with matching shoes and diamonds. Serena is built like an amazon! I mean i guess when we see her with other tennis players we take it for granted, but the girl is built! MUSCLE! Her biceps were bigger than Joan's head! Does she bodybuild? She has a bodybuilder's physique! She should stay like that and not work out to get any bigger, her physique is perfect right now any more would be too much.

also i want her hair to go back to black or that auburn/burgundy color. The blonde is nice but its time for a change.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:42 AM
Venus is probably shacking up with her Italian Stallion for some sympathy comfort!

lizchris
Jul 11th, 2002, 01:54 AM
They are still together? I thought they broke up.

CanIGetAWhat
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:55 AM
Serena looks very pretty :hearts:

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020711/i/1026351467.3556876381.jpg

Jennifer Capriati
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020711/capt.1026351220.espy_awards_xla107.jpg

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:02 AM
Jen looks like she has six kidds...

J/K

barmaid
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:03 AM
Boy! you guys are fast with the pics! I thought Serena looked very nice...but have to agree her muscles and shoulders are like OMG:rolleyes: Jenn looked "frumpy" in her gown..and she did hmm! and haa! her way through the acceptance speech!!:rolleyes: She should treat herself to a "A Dale Carnegie"course!! Serena did quite well although she was just reading the promptor!! ;) Now back to more "jocks"!!

barmaid:wavey:

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:40 AM
OMG did you see Sue Bird walking in them heels? Too funny....

disposablehero
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:41 AM
Wow, suggesting a 26 year old is nearing the end of her tennis career? The horror!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:50 AM
Poor sue!

Oh and Venus just woman best woman athlete of the year! Jen got best comeback!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:51 AM
True she probably has 3 to 4 more years but remember she started when she was freaking 13!

angele87
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:52 AM
Do they announce all the awards on the show? It's almost over *i think* and they haven't announced the awards for tennis :confused: :(

Kuilli
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:53 AM
Congrats to Venus! :) Serena accepted the award on Venus' behalf.

Yep, poor Sue, she did looking pretty funny walking on those heels. :o ;)

CanIGetAWhat
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:53 AM
congrats to Venus for winning Best Female Athlete :D

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020711/capt.1026354116.espy_awards_xla116.jpg

Tennis player Jennifer Capriati accepts the Espy award for best comeback athlete during the 10th annual Espy Awards, Wednesday, July 10, 2002, in Los Angeles. The Espy Awards recognize the top achievements and perfomers in sports. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020711/capt.1026355460.espy_awards_xla121.jpg

Tennis player Jennifer Capriati poses with the Espy award she won for best comeback athlete during the 10th annual Espy Awards, Wednesday, July 10, 2002, in Los Angeles. The Espy Awards recognize the top achievements and perfomers in sports. (AP Photo/Krista Niles)

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020711/i/1026350936.3422634068.jpg

midora
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:56 AM
Jen looks uh. . . healthy.:eek:

Kuilli
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:57 AM
Really, is it almost over? So, do they have a rerun at 11pm? I just got home, so I missed most of it. :(

TeNnIsFaN
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:16 AM
Jenn and Serena both look great!

QueenO
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:21 AM
Jen should have asked Joan when was she(Joan) going to retire getting her face worked on.

anton
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:22 AM
I heard that Venus is on vacation in Europe. At least she is having some time away from Serena!

Tratree
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:33 AM
Happy for Venus and Jen winning their awards, but I must be catty for a moment...isn't that what the red carpet is for??

Jennifer's hair....ummm, no sweetie. The wide part, ear tuck thing is not workin for ya. Dunno about the dress yet...gotta see it live on the replay.

Serena looks kinda like Dennis Rodman when he was in drag in that wedding dress. Sorry, but that hair has got to go. She does flash a brilliant smile though, doesn't she? Crest needs to be knocking down her door.

barmaid
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:40 AM
[Serena looks kinda like Dennis Rodman when he was in drag in that wedding dress. Sorry, but that hair has got to go. She does flash a brilliant smile though, doesn't she? Crest needs to be knocking down her door. [/B][/QUOTE]

Good one!! I'm falling over:rolleyes: :eek: :bounce:

barmaid:wavey:

lizchris
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:40 AM
Deos that mean Venus is seeing Davide, her alleged boyfriend of some years?

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:46 AM
She does not look like Dennis Rodman, that has to be an all time low insult.

She just has that She-Hulk Vibe going on, she better not date any wimpy guys cause she'll just chew them up and spit them out.

She needs to get with Lennox lewis

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:47 AM
Venus won both her categories! Wohooo sorry Serena but the Queen's Regin continues in spirit!!

CC
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:55 AM
Jennifer's boyfriend was there too.

JCFan
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:03 AM
I think Jenny's looking pretty good. Her hair is nice, and she's got that good tan workin' too. Serena looks good as well, but I agree, time to quit with the blonde and go with the more natural look.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020711/i/1026354054.3825442941.jpg

R. DIS
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:43 AM
I'm surprised no one talked about Serena messing up just about every word when presenting the best sports film. That was too funny but very embarrassing. And I thought Jen couldn't speak well in public.

mentos
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:07 PM
I'm surprised no one talked about Serena messing up just about every word when presenting the best sports film. That was too funny but very embarrassing. And I thought Jen couldn't speak well in public.

R. DIS, that's just your bias on display. Yes, Serena did stumble over a few words, but it wasn't the debacle you're trying to make it out to be. She more than made up for it with her acceptance speeches on behalf of Venus. :)

mentos

RAA
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:11 PM
I think Serena looks FABULOUS, and jen looks good too, not quite as eye-popping as Serena, but I think that is reflective of their personalities.
I agree that I prefer Serena as a non-blonde. I wish she'd go back.
I also agree that those muscles are aMAZING. I wish she would write a book when she retires about her weight lifting routine!!

Ryan
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:13 PM
has the awards started yet? I don't have ESPN ( ) but TSN is showing it... only in a half hour though

Really angele? I got the full 2 hours of the ESPY's from 10 to 12 pm, on TSN.:confused:

theheninfan
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Jennifer's boyfriend was there too.

I noticed that too! Right after she accepted her award, he presented.

I thought Jennifer looked fabulous! She didn't seem nervous while giving her "thank you's" and did an awesome job.

Serena seemed nervous presenting, but she did better when accepting the award for Venus. I though she looked wonderful!

treufreund
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:34 PM
Serena is gonna borrow Oracene's hairstyle. Will orange be better than the blonde? :eek:

Nan Cu
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:47 PM
I saw a clip of Serena receiving an award, and she looked like a drag queen. Very Dennis Rodman-esque. It's the hair!!!

Nan Cu
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:49 PM
Jennifer Capriati looks like bodybuilder/wrestler Chyna.

I hear she's on Playboy TV these days.

selesfan
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:56 PM
I think Serena looks stunning, she certainly does not look like a drag queen.

Tratree
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:11 PM
I have to digress a bit and say that I think Serena is an astonishingly beautiful girl....really stunning, but my first impression last night when I saw that flippy straight blonde hair, the muscles and the dress that my first impression was Rodman. I'm sorry, the hair is just not flattering to her at all, IMO. Doesn't mean I think she's ugly or she actually looks like Rodman, I just think the hair is so fake looking and she could look SOOOO much better. Here are a few photos I have taken of the stunning Serena....no hard feelings, Williams fans...it's just my honest opinion.

http://www.winningshots.com/iw2001/iwswil11.jpg

http://www.winningshots.com/iw2001/iwswil49.jpg

CappyMania
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Nan Cu
Jennifer Capriati looks like bodybuilder/wrestler Chyna.

I hear she's on Playboy TV these days.

Still she would look hundred times better than you Nan Cu!!!! :D

earthcrystal
Jul 11th, 2002, 09:47 PM
I thought Serena's dress was gorgeous, (and her hair doesn't bother me a bit, I rather like it). Looked pretty good, only a slight stumble her and there, and came off "sweet" for the most part.

Jenn, on the other hand, displayed little or no fashion sense. Sorry, but that dress did nothing for her, and why not do something with her hair? Oh well. I will say that once she got past the feeble joke about beating Michael Jordan at something, her speech was pretty well done.

kay
Jul 11th, 2002, 09:59 PM
I agree. I like Serena, not as much as Venus, but she needs to ditch the blonde hair. It's ugly. By the way, I saw a picture of Serena without the braids in her hair and her real hair is actually very long and pretty. I cant understand why she doesnt wear her natural hair. It was very pretty. Well, I can understand why she doesnt wear her natural hair.....probably because after all the sweat from working out. I work out alot too and I wear braids because the hair is ruined by all the sweat. So, I think she will probably keep the braids, but she must change the color. It's really unflattering. But, she is a very beautiful girl. Her muscles are just right.

Hey, btw. On ESPN radio, Dibble said she(Serena) looked like a man. Now, he's always talking about Sue Bird. Sue Bird looked like a man walking in those heels. Poor Girl. She looked horrible. She should have just worn flat shoes. Also, Sue has some muscles on her too.

kay
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Oh, and Jennifer looked great. I dont know about everyone else, but I like to see women (Im a woman too) with a little meat on their bones. Jenn has a great womanly figure. I think its nice. Only dogs like bones, men should want a woman with meat. Go Jen, you go girl. She looked nice. I think that she and Serena have the two best smiles in tennis.

selesfan
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:04 PM
I think Serena's hair looked great, I though Jenn's hairstyle made her face look a little puffy, I think her dress looked a little too old for her, didn't flatter her at all. I can see why Serena is on the best-dressed poll. I can't understand why that ugly blonde is leading though.;)

Luna_Angel_84
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:48 PM
Aw Jennifer looked beautiful! :hearts: I just wish I could have seen the awards, but I guess that's one of the drawbacks of living in Britain! :(

R. DIS
Jul 11th, 2002, 11:47 PM
How many awards did Jen win last night??? One!!! How many did Serena win??? None. Who cares how they looked, even though Jen looked better. Serena looked like an idiot, going there and not getting an award. Except for taking her sister's award.

Cilla
Jul 11th, 2002, 11:51 PM
I'm sooooo loving Jenn hair color :)

cheeky
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by R. DIS
How many awards did Jen win last night??? One!!! How many did Serena win??? None. Who cares how they looked, even though Jen looked better. Serena looked like an idiot, going there and not getting an award. Except for taking her sister's award.

:rolleyes:
serena was presenting an award,right now your the only idiot here,and by the way,Sernea looked way better then jen,congrats to jen and venus for winning.

geoepee
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:18 AM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/gallery/2002/0710/photo/gallery13.jpg

I think Serena looked great! Hair, makeup, dress, jewelry, everything!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:37 AM
I have to agree that serena outdid jen. Her look was dead on from head to toe, though I still wish she would change her hair. oh well. jen did look good, but she needed to find a dress with some umph to it. that basic black number did nothing special. also she could have done something with her hair. last year she looked fantastic, what happened?

R. DIS
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by cheeky

:rolleyes:
serena was presenting an award,right now your the only idiot here,and by the way,Sernea looked way better then jen,congrats to jen and venus for winning.

Well she did do a very good job with that. It was hilarious watching her mumble and mess up almost every word. If only she was as good a speaker as Jen.

cheeky
Jul 12th, 2002, 01:28 PM
yes,"umm,uh,and you know",
at least serena can say more then three phrases
everyone knows serena has a great vocabulary,jen should take some lessons

R. DIS
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by cheeky
yes,"umm,uh,and you know",
at least serena can say more then three phrases
everyone knows serena has a great vocabulary,jen should take some lessons

Well then you obviously didn't watch the show because Jen made a wonderful acceptance speech while Serena stumbled over every word while presenting. I think Serena is the one who should take some speaking lessons, and while she's at it, take some fashion lessons too.

selesfan
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:55 PM
:rolleyes: Another enlightening post by R. Dis.

Shane54
Jul 12th, 2002, 09:05 PM
I think that both ladies looked very nice. Serena looked very stunning....

cheeky
Jul 13th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by R. DIS

Well then you obviously didn't watch the show because Jen made a wonderful acceptance speech while Serena stumbled over every word while presenting. I think Serena is the one who should take some speaking lessons, and while she's at it, take some fashion lessons too.
yes this coming from you?
serena is doing fine and shes on top of the world,nobody can bring her down!!!!!
GO SERENA!!!!!
KEEP ON WINNING!!!!AND LOOKING GOOD!!!!:bounce:

Couver
Jul 14th, 2002, 01:20 AM
People are a little too hung up on looks. I think Serena and Jennifer both looked great. They wore what they wanted, and that's always beautiful :)

I liked Jennifer's speech it was real and fun. Like when she said 'I beat Michael Jordan in something'.

I did notice Serena make a mistake in her presentation, but only one. The rest of it sounded fine.

As for Venus, I think she stayed in Europe to do some charity work. She isn't with that Italina Guy, Venus is single. Have you ever seen that guy come watch her play anything?

I'm glad she's single by the way.

Congrats Ladies.

R. DIS
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:01 AM
Serena made a bunch of mistakes not just one!!!!!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:34 AM
Oh I guess you never make mistakes? Geezus who cares if she made a mistake? At least shes not a mindless fem-bot drone.

Shane54
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:40 AM
so what if Serena made mistakes! She makes up for it for being stunning..I have to admit she was da bomb! Although my fav Jennifer looked nice, she was no where near how she looked for the awards in Monte Carlo last year.

JCFan
Jul 14th, 2002, 03:25 AM
Jen was goin' for the low-key, low profile look. I think she had a nice simple outfit, simple hair, and a nice little speech. She was very natural. While I guess Serena was really looking to turn some heads. And she certainly did that.

treufreund
Jul 14th, 2002, 03:40 AM
was that picture distorted. Serena's head and face look ENORMOUS compared to her small frame and trim body? It's weird how big her head looks. She looks great otherwise and I like the blonde hair. She was smart to match it up with a lavender/light purple dress. :D

CC
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:21 AM
I think it only looks that way cuz you're blocking her light Treufreund.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:04 AM
Serena looked great. Jenn looked good, but she could have been great. Just a little color would have made the difference.

Joan Rivers
Jun 13th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Bump - Can we talk?!

Yikes what the heck was that? Jen should have smacked Joan for all those stupid questions? "when are you done with tennis?" Geezus she's only been really back since last year! Joan is ready to ship jen out to pasture.

Hey maybe the broad should have taken my advice. The last two years for Jennifer since these awards - I haven't seen anything that barren since Betty White last went to her gynaecologist!

Then what was all that about working out? Snooooze! where were the interesting questions?

You only saw the second take. I asked good questions in the first take. "Are you still smoking weed?" "How awful do you look in the mug shot?" and "When's the baby due?", but her father threatened to pistol whip me. We had to do a re-take.

also jen is a big girl, meaning muscle

You call that muscle? If that's muscle then Liz Taylor's the most muscular senior in the world and should be in boxing rings contending for Championship belts!

she made joan look like jailbait.

Thanks doll. That particular facelift, brow lift and lipo session made me look younger, but I did not realise I looked like a teen! Someone recently said Bette Midler is looking so young these days, she looks like a teen again. Yeah, Teen Wolf.

WorldWar24
Jun 13th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Joan :kiss:

:D

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 13th, 2004, 01:04 AM
omigod:eek:

ys
Jun 13th, 2004, 02:40 AM
I think Serena looked great! Hair, makeup, dress, jewelry, everything!
At least not as completely tasteless as she usually looks.

tennischick
Jun 13th, 2004, 05:32 AM
Once again Serena strives for the Beyonce look. this is her closest approximation IMO.