PDA

View Full Version : Serena no longer at arthur ashe kids day?

lanykid87
Aug 19th, 2007, 08:59 PM
she wasnt mentioned in the commercial on CBS and her name is no longer on the info about it at usopen.org. has she dropped out? is that a bad sign?

Thanx4nothin
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Probably is out. She's such a pull out queen.

alex.stef
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:51 PM
probably because she entered New Haven where the final is in the same day with this event and the organisers of Kids Day didn't want to be faced with Serena's absence.
but now, that she won't play NH, maybe she'll be a surprise guest or a last minute entrant
;)

henree
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:35 PM
At this point I would be shocked if she played the US Open. She hasn't played since Wimbledon. Plus there haven't been any shots of her practicing. The only Serena we will see is her in the stands supporting Venus.:sad:

supergrunt
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:20 PM
At this point I would be shocked if she played the US Open. She hasn't played since Wimbledon. Plus there haven't been any shots of her practicing. The only Serena we will see is her in the stands supporting Venus.:sad:

:(

AllezH1
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:25 PM

Wrong. M.J. Fernandez said today during a telecast of Henin-Jankovic that Serena has been practicing, but she can't hit her two hander yet (as of last week). Hopefully in the next week or so things change and she'll be fit enough for the USO. The USO is a great opportunity for this "diva" to shine.

Although, I wouldn't be too disappointed if she didn't play. Justine needs another USO or two!

mankind
Aug 20th, 2007, 12:45 AM
What the hell is wrong with her thumb? She can't hit a two-hander? Surely it must be broken, I always thought it was a jar or something....

ToeTag
Aug 20th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Is Ellen going to be there? She was a hoot last year.

sammy01
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Is Ellen going to be there? She was a hoot last year.

:drool: ellen my favourite lesbian!

dreamgoddess099
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:51 AM
:drool: ellen my favourite lesbian!

I like Ellen's show, but I'm going to need her to get some new dance moves.

SerenaWFan
Aug 20th, 2007, 04:44 AM
I checked usopen.org and the only two tennis playerís officially scheduled to be at Arthur Ashe kidís day are Federer and Roddick. No one else has been announced yet. I doubt Serena shows up for Arthur Ashe kidís day anyway this year. But, I'm absolutely sure she'll play the Open itself.

Tennisstar86
Aug 20th, 2007, 05:24 AM
What the hell is wrong with her thumb? She can't hit a two-hander? Surely it must be broken, I always thought it was a jar or something....

I dont know why its taking so long to "heal...." Ive broken a finger before and they dont take 2 and a half months to heal.. so I dont know whats wrong with her....

darice
Aug 20th, 2007, 10:50 AM
we'll miss you rena :hug: but i really wanna see the jonas bros - paul :hearts: :o