PDA

View Full Version : Jelena you have to respect yourself more and dont show any negative body languages!

ns_Henin
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Because your game definitely has what it takes to make you an elite player, winning slams and be the #1. If only you can be more calm and think positive along the match. Dont bring yourself down, just focus, forget what happened in every last point and never give up!

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:39 PM
i have to totally agree with you. its obvious she loses focus, even when a fan randomly says something during or before a point. She can't close out sets either.

cellophane
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:40 PM
She did a pretty good job today... I don't think she could keep her focus all the time.

cellophane
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:41 PM
i have to totally agree with you. its obvious she loses focus, even when a fan randomly says something during or before a point. She can't close out sets either.

Well, exactly, but I think she was probably tired from yesterday's match...

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:41 PM
She did a pretty good job today... I don't think she could keep her focus all the time.

but how many times does she have to lose a set against top players when she is leading?... seems to be a million.

MagicMilan
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Because your game definitely has what it takes to make you an elite player, winning slams and be the #1. If only you can be more calm and think positive along the match. Dont bring yourself down, just focus, forget what happened in every last point and never give up!
Agree :)
But she seems to lose her concentration after a good game :shrug:
She has the potential but has to work damn hard on improving her serve, she gives so many easy balls to her opponents, 2nd serve really deserves a smacking.
Other than that, she's really improved. Some nice variety also :)

Yasmine
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I also think she did great today :hug:. She is very smart applauding her opponent good shots, very few players (especially of that ranking) do that :worship:. But she should show a little more anger or show a little more of her fighting spirit (which i'm sure she has, just show it off would help).

Bruno71
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:44 PM
but how many times does she have to lose a set against top players when she is leading?... seems to be a million.

She loses those sets because her serve often sucks and she relaxes too much. When her body language is negative, it at least means she cares. But I agree she shouldn't telegraph it.

Kampi
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:11 PM

So true and thank you for your kind words.:wavey::D

frontier
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Tennis is a mental game and this is an example of a mind over matter match.JJ is not a champion she lacks that intangible characteristic that winners have,its not learned at Bollitieri you have or you dont.Thats what separates justine,serena,pova venus and hingis from the pack.The beatdowns from justine are going to take a toll if they continue,so much for her saying that the belgians are finished and serbia is dominating ,dominating who.thats the differences with ana at least she is not cocky she let her tennis do the talking and a lot of people love her for that.

MagicMilan
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Tennis is a mental game and this is an example of a mind over matter match.JJ is not a champion she lacks that intangible characteristic that winners have,its not learned at Bollitieri you have or you dont.Thats what separates justine,serena,pova venus and hingis from the pack.The beatdowns from justine are going to take a toll if they continue,so much for her saying that the belgians are finished and serbia is dominating ,dominating who.thats the differences with ana at least she is not cocky she let her tennis do the talking and a lot of people love her for that.
Serbia = Jelena, Ana & Novak
Belgium = only Justine (no Kim atm)
Yes, Justine is the most dominant of all them, although Novak is really making the atp far more interesting :worship:
First of all that was a joke, but it's also true. Serbia has 3 top5 players in the atp and wta, she wasn't talking about herself only. And yes, Serbian tennis is taking over, but it hasn't yet. Both girls are having a great year and the ranking speaks for itself. Don't give me straight away that crap that only grand slams mather. They are the most important, but there are many more aspects of the game. Other tournaments and ranking have their share. ;)
When all of their careers are finished we can do the talking

AllezH1
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Last week, I was watching her on TV against someone and after she made an UE she put her finger to her forehand in the shape of a gun and "fired".

Quite possibly the most bizarre post-shot reaction I have ever seen.

She is an interesting girl.

Harvs
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:27 AM
lol thats not not respecting yourself at all... but yeah i do agree at times she needs to play more intelligently