PDA

View Full Version : Long Serena article in the New York Times

ptkten
Aug 19th, 2007, 08:56 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/19/sports/playmagazine/0819play-serena.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

It's a pretty interesting article.

AllezH1
Aug 19th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Great read.

Although I do not care for Serena Williams, she is a champion and one of the greatest athletes in women's tennis. Can't fault her for that, even if her interests seem to waver quite a bit.

Serenidad.
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Great Article. :) It is more or less true. She win whenever she feels like it. Just saying that is more than enough. She can do whatever she wants.

Marcell
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Great read.

Although I do not care for Serena Williams, she is a champion and one of the greatest athletes in women's tennis. Can't fault her for that, even if her interests seem to waver quite a bit.

That is what makes her interesting. She is a complex women,and people are interested whether because they hate her or love her. There are some great players but they have no personality and the public don't gravitate towards them.

spokenword73
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:17 PM
She had been lazily picking at some ribs on Long's plate and suddenly regretted it, perhaps thinking of the photo ops ahead at the ESPYs. "I ate too many," Williams said, turning to face Long. "I had too many ribs." For an instant, her boyfriend's face betrayed the familiar look of panic that men experience at such moments — what's the right answer? "That's good," he said. "You don't have to eat anymore later tonight."

:lol: Good Answer Jackie. Serena, you should hang on to that guy!

Wolverines08
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Is that her new outfit? I love it!