PDA

View Full Version : Start spreading the news. I'm leaving today..

goldenlox
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I want to be a part of it, NY, NY :bounce:

Nadia heads to the USO in good form. I think she has to work on 3 things
1- Stay positive. Don't get down after a bad point or 2
2- Stay steady on the forehand side. Maybe add a little more spin.
3- Come to net more. Nadia has great skills at the net. Use them.

goldenlox
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:30 PM
This is the healthiest Nadia has come into a major in a long time. She just played SD LA and Toronto, and I saw the whole match against Justine, and Nadia never called for the trainer.

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 20th, 2007, 04:45 AM
I agree completely about coming to the net more. She's so good up there! I never understood why she doesn't come in more. Kick ass in Flushing Meadows Nadia!

RR-87
Aug 20th, 2007, 06:22 PM
all the best in NY for you, goldenlox :wavey: :hug:

goldenlox
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:56 PM
All the best in NY to Nadia :wavey:

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:31 AM
Have fun in NY Goldenlox!

goldenlox
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:59 AM
Nadia is the #7 seed. The draw is Wednesday.

Shoulderpova
Aug 21st, 2007, 09:34 AM
:yawn:

Chrisi
Aug 21st, 2007, 03:05 PM
Lots of fun there, goldenlox. Please, take tons of photos ;)

goldenlox
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:54 AM
Nadia will be at the draw in the Empire State Building today.

Ferosh
Aug 22nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
Nadia got the best possible draw! A super easy ride to the semifinals, where she would face Svetlana Kuznetsova.

Nadia Petrova RUS (7)
vs.
Timea Bacsinszky SUI

Anastasia Rodionova RUS
vs.
Olga Savchuk UKR

QUALIFIER
vs.
Agnes Szavay HUN

Alberta Brianti ITA
vs.
Michaella Krajicek NED (32)

Katarina Srebotnik SLO (22)
vs.
Alicia Molik AUS

Maria Kirilenko RUS
vs.
Martina Muller GER

Jelena Kostanic Tosic CRO
vs.
Elena Vesnina RUS

Julia Vakulenko UKR
vs.
Daniela Hantuchova SVK (9)

Martina Hingis SUI (16)
vs.
Mathilde Johansson FRA

Tatjana Malek GER
vs.
QUALIFIER

QUALIFIER
vs.
Victoria Azarenka BLR

Dominika Cibulkova SVK
vs.
Tathiana Garbin ITA (23)

Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP (31)
vs.
Aleksandra Wozniak CAN

Lourdes Dominguez Lino ESP
vs.
Yoon Jeong Cho KOR

Camille Pin FRA
vs.
QUALIFIER

Klara Zakopalova CZE
vs.
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS (4)

cellophane
Aug 22nd, 2007, 05:08 PM
Nadia got the best possible draw! A super easy ride to the quarterfinals, where she would face Svetlana Kuznetsova.

I hope she makes the best of it.

Ferosh
Aug 22nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Nadia got the best possible draw! A super easy ride to the quarterfinals, where she would face Svetlana Kuznetsova.

I hope she makes the best of it.

My mistake. :p
Wow, I don't think she could have asked for anything better than this. :drool:

goldenlox
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
Krajicek can be dangerous. With Nadia, we go one match at a time. Get this first win.

goldenlox
Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:28 PM
Nadia is healthy and has a great draw. She starts with Timea Bacsinszky.

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:29 PM
Nadia has a nice draw. Dani, Maria, and Kraijeck are the possible roadblocks I see on her way to the quarters.

goldenlox
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:15 AM
"I feel pretty good and I'm quite happy with the draw," said Petrova, who looked fit clad in black jeans and a red blouse. "I'm absolutely injury-free. The U.S. Open always has a special buzz about it. It's the last major of the season so everyone seems to get up for playing it and I'm really looking forward to it."

"I'm sure winning a Grand Slam title changes those who do it," said Petrova, who is 1-3 lifetime vs. Kuznetsova. "They seem to be completely different people so I definitely think it helps your confidence when you win a major."

goldenlox
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:05 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/71a8dbbf-407a-4a69-8b63-8cd7ebb363de.jpgTennis players Nadia Petrova, left, of Russia, and Fernando Gonzalez, of Chile, pose with King Kong on the observation deck of the Empire State Building during a photo call at the US Open Draw Ceremony Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2007 in New York. (AP Photo/Jason DeCrow)

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/6889179b-f116-404e-84bf-349e630d4db0.jpg

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/56a09020-02e6-4330-a43c-7f731b05febc.jpgTennis player Nadia Petrova, of Russia, poses with King Kong on the observation deck of the Empire State Building during a photo call at the US Open Draw Ceremony Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2007 in New York.

Chrisi
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:09 PM
The draw is GREAT, she is fit and she looks so happy on these pics!

Best chances to go far :hearts:

cheyk
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
:lol: great pics. thanks!!

goldenlox
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:46 AM
I'm ready for the last major of 2007. I hope Nadia's ready.
This is the year. The draw is perfect, Nadia is healthy.
This is go time!

LudwigDvorak
Aug 26th, 2007, 11:31 PM
The Petrova/Hantuchova 4R will just be such a difficult match for me. Both need QFs at slams, and this is their respective best chance to get at one. :o

Kuznetsova is playing poorly as well. Either Dani or Nadia can take her out.

So difficult. :sad: I hope Nadia all the best though, and have fun goldenlox!

goldenlox
Aug 26th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Nadia is a long way from round 4. She has to go one match at a time.
Doubles with Vaidisova.

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 27th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Interesting, pairing with Vaidisova. Good luck girls!

Chrisi
Aug 27th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Nadia and Nicole? Crazy pair. Let's see how it works. Good luck!

goldenlox
Aug 28th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Nadia starts tomorrow, on an outside court. I hope she does her thing quickly.

Chrisi
Aug 28th, 2007, 06:47 PM
http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/b_0827_003_party_petrova.jpg

Nadia at the Player's Party. She looks lovely.

Lovesunair
Aug 28th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Chrisitnks!
she looks so thin!

goldenlox
Aug 28th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Nadia is about to start her match.

goldenlox
Aug 28th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Nadia leads 63 11

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 28th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Nadia leads 3-1 in the second

goldenlox
Aug 28th, 2007, 08:55 PM
63 61 Very good start for Nadia

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 28th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Nice start Nadia! Looks like it will be Rodionova next up. That could get interesting lol.

goldenlox
Aug 28th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Nadia plays doubles tomorrow, then Rodionova on Thursday

RR-87
Aug 29th, 2007, 09:31 AM
good win in first round Nadia :yeah: :kiss:

goldenlox
Aug 29th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Nadia is injured again.

But first, Petrova has to get to the quarters. She won a rugged opening match against Timea Bacsinszky, an 18-year-old Swiss ranked No. 94 who curses in French and swings for the fences. The owner of a net-skimming forehand so in vogue at the Open, Bacsinszky had chances in almost every game in her Open debut, but Petrova prevailed, 6-3, 6-1.
Petrova had her left thigh wrapped after winning the first set, and Bacsinszky tried to take advantage by hitting a few drop shots. All but one worked; unfortunately, that one went into the net on match point.
Petrova got has high as No. 3 before the 2006 French Open, but it’s been a struggle since. Her current ranking of No. 8 now makes her the fourth-ranked Russian woman. She said she wasn’t sure exactly what the problem is, but called it “muscular.” The injury was particularly disappointing because she saw the Open as a chance to redeem an awful Grand Slam season, that included squandering a 5-3 in the second set against Serena Williams, the eventual champion, in the third round. “I was very disappointed when I felt it,” she said of the pain at the end of the first set. “This is the last Grand Slam and I’m ready to do something.”

LudwigDvorak
Aug 29th, 2007, 01:46 PM
At least I don't have to pick a favorite between Nadia and Daniela for the 4R now. :lol:

I'm kinda worried about Szavay or Krajicek, but we'll see.

Ferosh
Aug 29th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Nadia is injured again.

But first, Petrova has to get to the quarters. She won a rugged opening match against Timea Bacsinszky, an 18-year-old Swiss ranked No. 94 who curses in French and swings for the fences. The owner of a net-skimming forehand so in vogue at the Open, Bacsinszky had chances in almost every game in her Open debut, but Petrova prevailed, 6-3, 6-1.
Petrova had her left thigh wrapped after winning the first set, and Bacsinszky tried to take advantage by hitting a few drop shots. All but one worked; unfortunately, that one went into the net on match point.
Petrova got has high as No. 3 before the 2006 French Open, but it’s been a struggle since. Her current ranking of No. 8 now makes her the fourth-ranked Russian woman. She said she wasn’t sure exactly what the problem is, but called it “muscular.” The injury was particularly disappointing because she saw the Open as a chance to redeem an awful Grand Slam season, that included squandering a 5-3 in the second set against Serena Williams, the eventual champion, in the third round. “I was very disappointed when I felt it,” she said of the pain at the end of the first set. “This is the last Grand Slam and I’m ready to do something.”

Oh no, why does this always happen to Nadia? :fiery:

Chrisi
Aug 29th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Not again an injury :sad:

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 29th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Dang another injury! Hopefully it's not too bad.

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Nadia is on Armstrong tomorrow. She needs to be healthy for round 3.

Lovesunair
Aug 30th, 2007, 10:18 AM
any new information about this injury?((

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Only what I wrote before. It's a thigh injury and Nadia withdrew from doubles.

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Nadia plays Szavay on Saturday. Her forehand is much weaker than her backhand.
Don't push to her backhand. Get your first serve in and hold. Come to net on her serve, when you get a chance, and stay focused. She's a clay player, steady.
You have to be steady too. With a big serve.

TennisPlayingFox
Aug 30th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Szavay is tough. She has a nice backhand that she can generate some very nice angles with. Nadia needs to play well. Good luck Nadia!

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2007, 11:47 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/7a/fullj.getty-76184557cc077_u_s_open_day_.jpg
NEW YORK - AUGUST 30: Nadia Petrova of Russia signs autographs following her win over Anastasia Rodionova of Russia during day four of the 2007 U.S. Open at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center on August 30, 2007 in the Flushing neighborhood of the Queens borough of New York City

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/7d/fullj.getty-76184557cc076_u_s_open_day_.jpg
NEW YORK - AUGUST 30: Nadia Petrova of Russia celebrates her win over Anastasia Rodionova of Russia during day four of the 2007 U.S. Open at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center on August 30, 2007 in the Flushing neighborhood of the Queens borough of New York City

goldenlox
Aug 31st, 2007, 12:47 AM
Nadia was acting healthy in the 2nd set today, so that's a positive.
I look at this match like the Razzano match in LA.
Nadia has to be solid with her serve, and hold.
Approach to Szavay's forehand side, and be consistent.
A key - don't push to her backhand. If you are out of court, lob or push to her forehand.

RR-87
Aug 31st, 2007, 09:00 AM
hope Nadia beats Szavay ;)

she really looked healthy in second set againts Rodionova. :yeah:

Lovesunair
Aug 31st, 2007, 12:37 PM
i'm sure it will be a very tough match. Nadia has some time for the rest to her leg and to prepare to the fight. I hope Sveta'll give her some advices)

Chrisi
Aug 31st, 2007, 03:53 PM
I'm sure she can do it, but she has to hold her serve :angel:

goldenlox
Sep 1st, 2007, 12:49 AM
Nadia plays first match on grandstand. That means no replays.

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 1st, 2007, 04:10 PM
Nadia trails 4-6, 3-3. Fight Nadia!

goldenlox
Sep 1st, 2007, 04:32 PM
Nadia lost 46 46. So even with Justine Serena Venus Ana Jelena Marion all in the other half.
A dream draw. Nadia can't get out of the 3rd round.
She's not a top 10 player.

Ferosh
Sep 1st, 2007, 04:33 PM
I'm done...

goldenlox
Sep 1st, 2007, 04:47 PM
On the positive side, Nadia can enjoy a 12 vacation before the Fed Cup team gets together in Moscow.

Chrisi
Sep 1st, 2007, 06:07 PM
On the positive side, Nadia can enjoy a 12 vacation before the Fed Cup team gets together in Moscow.

For me it's over. I don't what kind of a draw she needs to reach something. I think she'll never get such a great draw. But well, it's her own problem. I'm disappointed :sad:

goldenlox
Sep 1st, 2007, 06:57 PM
Nadia doesn't know how to use her talent. She gets broken way too often. And gets very few breaks.
Her serve should be as tough to break as Ivanovic or Williams.
It's something she has to work on.

Lovesunair
Sep 1st, 2007, 07:20 PM
guys, don't be so pessimistic. It's not her year in singles and it's absolutely normal: she had fantastic last season and life is like a zebra.
I still believe in her. She has a talent and still some time to reach great results in future

goldenlox
Sep 8th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Realistically looking at how Sveta played vs Szavay, and how Anna played in the SF, Nadia could have realistically been in this USO final.

Ferosh
Sep 8th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Realistically looking at how Sveta played vs Szavay, and how Anna played in the SF, Nadia could have realistically been in this USO final.

This is so upsetting! Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Nadia has to start taking advantage of these kinds of situations. I don't know that she will ever come across a draw this good.

In my opinion, Nadia should take the rest of the year off to find the missing passion that is needed in her game. Why settle for less than the best?

Re-energize, find a new training regimen, possibly a new physical trainer & a new coach. This arrangement is not working at all.

Ferosh
Sep 8th, 2007, 02:28 AM
Additionally, I wish her the best in the upcoming Fed Cup final. I really hope that the team can manage the win so that it lights Nadia's fire. As for me, I'm done for this year. I simply cannot keep giving away a lot of my time & dedication to updating the Princess Petrova blog if Nadia cannot keep a positive outlook towards the future. Last year she took 10 steps forward, and this year she took them all back.

goldenlox
Sep 8th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I don't think Nadia is going to play Fed Cup besides doubles. But she should still try to make the YEC.

Chrisi
Sep 8th, 2007, 03:57 PM
@Dementrova: I think a new coach is really I good idea. Last year she changed them many times and then she won a title ;) But this year she keeps him without reaching anything..

@goldenlox: I don't think she'll make it :sad: and her ranking will drop, too. I really hoped she would get many points because she had nothing to defend, but now this time it's over, and there's Stuttgart to defend.. and did you see the players, who'll acting there :rolleyes:

Sorry for my bad moode but I expected more for this year!

cheyk
Sep 8th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Sorry for my bad moode but I expected more for this year!

don´t worry, I feel like you;) but we should know that other player in a bad year had finished out of top15 or top20 after have been top5.
Everyone has beter and worse times
Sorry, my english is very poor

cellophane
Sep 9th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Justine winning the US Open makes me feel a little better about Nadia's loss in Toronto. ;)

Chrisi
Sep 10th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Justine winning the US Open makes me feel a little better about Nadia's loss in Toronto. ;)

She doesn't have to beat Henin at the moment but players like Szavay, even if they are in form!

cellophane
Sep 11th, 2007, 02:05 AM
She doesn't have to beat Henin at the moment but players like Szavay, even if they are in form!

Pff, thanks for making me feel worse. :p

goldenlox
Sep 11th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Nadia won Hopman Cup, and was a hero in Vermont.
I'd like to see her in a slam final. But if she didn't do it here, I don't see it happening.
Maybe she will skip singles at a major one time, and try to win a doubles major.

Chrisi
Sep 11th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Any propositions for a partner?

What do you think of Dima and her for mixed? I mean Hopman Cup was great with them :lol:

But for doubles, I have no idea! Help me ;)

goldenlox
Sep 11th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Justine