PDA

View Full Version : Anne Worcester's Mea Culpa: "I Lied...I love Jesus, But There Will Be No Refunds"

Forehand_Volley
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:54 AM
http://photos33.flickr.com/35443840_3e3022fcf1.jpg
Anne Worcester, Tournament Director of Pilot Pen Tennis in New Haven and past WTA President and CEO, poses with her family as she announces the withdrawl of Serena Williams, and her no refund policy

Worcester's 'No Refund' Policy Spurs Tennis Fans Protest

New Haven, Aug. 18
Staff

"There will be no general admission refunds this year, even though I requested Serena Williams to enter Pilot Pen, knowing she wouldn't be able to play," stated Anne Worcester, Tournament Director of Pilot Pen in New Haven. "This decision is consistent with my request in 2006 to WTA President Larry Scott that early entry lists not be released or published so that we can maximize our ticket sales in New Haven. It was all part of the Road Map and US Open Series plan."

Lagging general admission ticket sales at the Pilot Pen saw a sudden spike after the announcement that Australian Open Champion Serena Williams would be playing in New Haven. Controversy has swirled in this small community with the sudden admission, then withdrawl of Serena Williams just days before the Pilot Pen tennis tournament was to begin. "There will be no refunds," states Worcester. "I lied about providing Richard Williams a Harley. I lied about having a helicopter ready for Serena when her plane landed in the field behind the New Haven McDonalds. It was all lies. Ronald McDonald will not be there for Kids Day. We needed the revenue."

WTA President and CEO, Larry Scott, could not be reached for comment.

Within hours of the announcement, angry protesters began symbolically tearing-up their Pilot Pen admission tickets and depositing them into McDonalds donation bins at three local New Haven McDonalds Restaurants. "I spent the last of my social security check to get the chance to watch Serena Williams play," said 71 year-old Eunice Boltworthy. "I'm really upset and afraid my internal cardiac defibrillator might spark. I need the refund to buy medicine."

Former Pilot Pen Champion, Jennifer Capriati was in attendance for the qualifying tournament which began today. Capriati is concerned about security during the matches. "Like, you know, I was like sitting there, and like, these people, you know, like, began holding up signs and screaming, like. And I'm like worried about the players, you know?"

"I did it for my children," said Worcester. "I could no longer continue to set a bad example for them by lying and manipulating the tennis public and had to come clean. I love Jesus but there will be no refunds." Asked about her future at the Pilot Pen Tournament after this latest controversy, Worcester states, "I am not planning on running for public office. That was never my intention."

DutchieGirl
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Link to the article... coz I really doubt she'd be dumb enough to state that in public. :lol:

Forehand_Volley
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Link to the article... coz I really doubt she'd be dumb enough to state that in public. :lol:
Link? :help:

DutchieGirl
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Link? :help:

:lol: As I expected. :p

Petersmiler
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I almost believed it was real.

SloKid
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:20 PM
At least learn how to spell withdrawal before making up stories like this.

Cp6uja
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:39 PM
"I spent the last of my social security check to get the chance to watch Serena Williams play," said 71 year-old Eunice Boltworthy. "I'm really upset and afraid my internal cardiac defibrillator might spark. I need the refund to buy medicine.":lol: :lol: :tape: :lol:

Thanks for this realy good article about New Haven Hell tournament... even if they not real :devil: .

Apoorv
Aug 19th, 2007, 01:08 PM
http://photos33.flickr.com/35443840_3e3022fcf1.jpg
Ann Worcester, Tournament Director of Pilot Pen Tennis in New Haven and past WTA President and CEO, poses with her family as she announces the withdrawl of Serena Williams, and her no refund policy

Worcester's 'No Refund' Policy Spurs Tennis Fans Protest

New Haven, Aug. 18
Staff

"There will be no general admission refunds this year, even though I requested Serena Williams to enter Pilot Pen, knowing she wouldn't be able to play," stated Ann Worcester, Tournament Director of Pilot Pen in New Haven. "This decision is consistent with my request in 2006 to WTA President Larry Scott that early entry lists not be released or published so that we can maximize our ticket sales in New Haven. It was all part of the Road Map and US Open Series plan."

Lagging general admission ticket sales at the Pilot Pen saw a sudden spike after the announcement that Australian Open Champion Serena Williams would be playing in New Haven. Controversy has swirled in this small community with the sudden admission, then withdrawl of Serena Williams just days before the Pilot Pen tennis tournament was to begin. "There will be no refunds," states Worcester. "I lied about providing Richard Williams a Harley. I lied about having a helicopter ready for Serena when her plane landed in the field behind the New Haven McDonalds. It was all lies. Ronald McDonald will not be there for Kids Day. We needed the revenue."

WTA President and CEO, Larry Scott, could not be reached for comment.

Within hours of the announcement, angry protesters began symbolically tearing-up their Pilot Pen admission tickets and depositing them into McDonalds donation bins at three local New Haven McDonalds Restaurants. "I spent the last of my social security check to get the chance to watch Serena Williams play," said 71 year-old Eunice Boltworthy. "I'm really upset and afraid my internal cardiac defibrillator might spark. I need the refund to buy medicine."

Former Pilot Pen Champion, Jennifer Capriati was in attendance for the qualifying tournament which began today. Capriati is concerned about security during the matches. "Like, you know, I was like sitting there, and like, these people, you know, like, began holding up signs and screaming, like. And I'm like worried about the players, you know?"

"I did it for my children," said Worcester. "I could no longer continue to set a bad example for them by lying and manipulating the tennis public and had to come clean. I love Jesus but there will be no refunds." Asked about her future at the Pilot Pen Tournament after this latest controversy, Worcester states, "I am not planning on running for public office. That was never my intention."

:rolls: This is the best part.

Apoorv
Aug 19th, 2007, 01:10 PM
You can fabricate very nicely. although it had loop holes but you are in right direction. Very good material for a journalist. :tape:

Forehand_Volley
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:10 PM
At least learn how to spell withdrawal before making up stories like this.
Some people have no sense of humor. I guess its cultural.

And thanks for the warm welcome to this discussion group! Now I know where the reputation of this place comes from! Not one person in this forum has treated me rudely here, until you did. Nice example to set!

Forehand_Volley
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:19 PM
You can fabricate very nicely. although it had loop holes but you are in right direction. Very good material for a journalist. :tape:
;) I wasn't trying to be a journalist.

But at least someone recognized the fabrication, even though someone should explain to SloKid what the terms parody and satire means. All of course, protected under the first amendment of the United States constitution (maybe not where he's from).

-VSR-
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:24 PM
:lol:

I was believing it and was :eek:

mckyle.
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Is that really her in the picture? I'd be a bitch too if I had a brick thrown at me when I was young :sad:

Forehand_Volley
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Is that really her in the picture? I'd be a bitch too if I had a brick thrown at me when I was young :sad:
Yes.

Anne is standing to the right of the adult male, her husband, Tom, and children Tommy, 10, and Victoria, 7, in their New Canaan home.

cellophane
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:18 PM
:devil: