PDA

View Full Version : Will the Rogers Cup be the tournament where the serb beats the #1 player first time..

stevos
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:19 AM
in the finals, in both the mens and womens events? I just couldn't help but notice that little trend there. Kind of interesting, especially considering the similarities of Henin-Federer and Jankovic-Djokovic.

I'm not totally expecting Jelena to win, I just think it would be a cool theme. :D

Sir Stefwhit
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Well last week Ivanovic and Djokovic both made history winning Tier Ones on the same day. So maybe both Jankovic and James Blake can both do the same beating an opponent they've played many times and never beaten. Can the mental midgets become mighty champs, stay tuned...

thetennisutopian
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:36 AM
It definitely would be nice. Henin is playing great tennis though... as is Federer. It's going to be a tough match for Jelena.

RJWCapriati
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Not this time..........

Bruno71
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Probably not, but one can always hope.

heytennis
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:44 AM
I don't think so. She has a much better chance tomorrow than she did at RG however.

Sir Stefwhit
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:58 AM
You could have done a poll- Who's got a better chance to score an upset James Blake or Jankovic??
I expect both favorites to win, but I'll be pulling for the underdogs in both matches. It's kind of like I said, I think they both have the games to get the job done, just not sure about the mental fortitude needed to pull out the win. Even with Federer not playing like his usual self, I'd say Jankovic has a better chance for the upset.

Ntour
Aug 19th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Well last week Ivanovic and Djokovic both made history winning Tier Ones on the same day. So maybe both Jankovic and James Blake can both do the same beating an opponent they've played many times and never beaten. Can the mental midgets become mighty champs, stay tuned...

if your saying jankovic has only as much chance as winning as blake then hand henin the trophy now, blake has nothing to damage even out of form federer

Hellion
Aug 19th, 2007, 08:34 AM
don't think so ..

Vlad Tepes
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:24 AM

Since when is LA a Tier I? :)

Tenis Srbija
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Maybe... But who knows :shrug:

~Carsten~
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:07 AM
no I don't think Jelena will beat Justine today!

Thanx4nothin
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:09 AM
No, not a hope in hell.

frontier
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Justine is fresh because she played early but Jelena played a long match and that could be the deciding factor.I dont think Jelena will win because yesterday she showed a lot of vulnerabilities her weak serve and her game is a little predictable and Justine can exploit it.

Sir Stefwhit
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Since when is LA a Tier I? :)

slight oversight, my bad.

Cp6uja
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:42 AM
It's easy to predict who will win in Canada biggest tournaments:

Woman - Ana Ivanovic
Man - Some guy from Switzerland (because Djokovic not played last year)

Woman - Jelena Jankovic
Man - Novak Djokovic