PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Have Best Singles Career Out Of Current Crop Of Chinese Girls?

pierce0415
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:16 AM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/2006/strasbourg/f_17a.jpghttp://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/2006/strasbourg/f_17b.jpg

NA LI
Current Rank: 21 :sobbing:
Highest Rank: 16
Best GS Result: WIMBLEDON QF, AO & USO R16
Best WTA Tour Results: BERLIN & INDIAN WELLS TIER I SF, SYDNEY TIER II SF, GUANGZHOU TIER III W
Best Wins: #5 CLIJSTERS :ras:, #6 KUZNETSOVA :dog:, #8 DEMENTIEVA, #9 JANKOVIC, #9 SCHNYDER, #10 SAFINA, #13 VAIDISOVA, #14 PIERCE :speakles:, #15 HANTUCHOVA

SHUAI PENG
Current Rank: 58
Highest Rank: 31
Best GS Result: WIMBLEDON 3R :help:
Best WTA Tour Results: SAN DIEGO TIER I SF, BEIJING & SYDNEY TIER II SF, STRASBOURG TIER III F
Best Wins: #3 MYSKINA :worship:, #6 DEMENTIEVA, #10 CLIJSTERS, #13 PETROVA :haha:, #16 SCHNYDER

YAN ZI
Current Rank: 78 :p (NEXT WEEK)
Highest Rank: 72
Best GS Result: AO 2R :o
Best WTA Tour Results: TORONTO TIER I SF, GUANGZHOU TIER III W, RABAT TIER IV SF
Best Wins: #4 IVANOVIC :bowdown:, #11 BARTOLI :cool: , #13 DECHY

JIE ZHENG
Current Rank: 120 :sad:
Highest Rank: 27
Best GS Result: RG 4R
Best WTA Tour Results: MIAMI TIER I QF, ESTORIL, HOBART, STOCKHOLM TIER IV W
Best Wins: #11 MYSKINA, #15 PEER :worship:, #17 JANKOVIC, #18 GROENEFELD, #19 PENNETTA

TIAN TIAN SUN
Current Rank: 129
Highest Rank: 77
Best GS Result: RG & W 2R
Best WTA Tour Results: BEIJING TIER II QF, TASHKENT TIER IV W
Best Wins: #8 SCHNYDER, #9 S WILLIAMS :lick:

cellophane
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:18 AM
Zi. Na is too hit-and-miss.

AJZ.
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:21 AM
Zi or Jie, if she can come back from her injury successfully.

The Kaz
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Piercey, Peng made the SF at Tier II Sydney ;)

:secret: Thats better than a Tier III final

Derek.
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Well Na obviously has the best career so far.

I'm not sure if someone will pass her, but maybe Shuai can.

pierce0415
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:53 AM
I picked Na but not because I don't think the others will surpass her current achievements ...

I think Na has much more to do in her career :dance:

RJWCapriati
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:57 AM
Zi

woosey
Aug 19th, 2007, 05:21 AM
does the chinese government control how much, when or where they play?

if so, it's up to the folks in beijing.

thetennisutopian
Aug 19th, 2007, 05:26 AM
does the chinese government control how much, when or where they play?

if so, it's up to the folks in beijing.

true, but i'm sure that changes with results.

I'm gonna go with Na just because I know that she's capable. The other players haven't proved it on a consistent basis yet.

LindsayRulz
Aug 19th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Well Na obviously has the best career so far.

I'm not sure if someone will pass her, but maybe Shuai can.

I agree.

LudwigDvorak
Aug 19th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Zheng always seemed to me to have the most potential, but I see Yan and Li having the better careers.

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:13 PM
If Na Li would have Shuai's age, it would be hard to say. Tennis is becoming now more popular in China. That's sure. Since Tiantian/Ting won the gold medal, it's easier for the chinese players to play outside China. I think they have more opportunitys. It's a shame this was too late. Na Li had an incredible run on ITF's. But she was out of the tour 2 years. And then, she has had bad luck with some injurys :sad: Na Li has had the best career so far. She ever had the tennis.

I think Na, Shuai, Zi (She has an amazing potential, I would pick she will have a better career than Jie for example) can make some great surprises. Jie is a consistent player. And I think she won't have problems to stay at top 30. But I think she will need to give a step up to be a top 20 player. I would compare her to Anabel Medina. If Jie can improve her serve, it would be GREAT for her.

Zi Yan has an amazing FH. The best of the chinese probably. She is so quick too, has great anticipation, and is getting better at net thanks to doubles. All the chinese are great returning serves. Yan has to improve her serve too, and her BH! And she has to increase a little her power. I hope she can focus on singles. I'm very impressed everytime I see her play. It just amazes me. Well, you could have seen it this week in Toronto ;)

Shuai Peng. GREAT BH. Well, all chinese have great BH. Better BH than FH (except for Zi & Tiantian). She has a lot of power. She can hit great serves. The best of them. She has to work on her FH and movement especially. By age, I would pick her to have the best career. But Zi has definitely something to say about it. And of course, Na in the next years ;) It's very tied :D I just love the way those players play. Think they have so much potential.

Tiantian is behind them from my point of view :)

Btw, I prefer not to vote here :p ;)

jonny84
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:19 PM
If Zi Yan continues her form than definitley her.Jheng and Li are too prone to injury to have a consistent career.

sfselesfan
Aug 20th, 2007, 10:09 PM
They're all at the peak age already...or beyond. Aren't there any younger ladies to compare to?

SF

Pasta-Na
Aug 20th, 2007, 10:48 PM
na li :rocker2: she has time to recover her injury and improve her games :p hope she will achieve her new highest ranking during this period next year :D

pierce0415
Aug 20th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Btw, I prefer not to vote here :p ;)

:hug:
difficult to decide between faves

Kworb
Aug 20th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Jie

Just Do It
Aug 20th, 2007, 11:55 PM
I voted Peng, even I have no idea why.

iPatty
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:35 AM
one good week and suddenly yan is seen as more of a threat than na and peng. :lol:

i think peng will have the better career when all is said and done. obviously na is leading now.

Jean-Pierre.
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:36 AM
Isn't there a forum for this nonsense?

Pasta-Na
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:47 AM
Isn't there a forum for this nonsense?

why you made a post? :shrug: :p