PDA

View Full Version : Will Golovin or Bartoli surpass/equal Mauresmo or Pierce?

floco
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:55 AM
It might seem weird to compare them to Amelie and Mary who are/were among the greatest players of their generation... but Tatiana and even Marion are still pretty young and have many years to improve. Let's not forget they are French :lol: and most French players peak later in their career.

IanRadi
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:57 AM
What???? Mary is matchless!!!

DefyingGravity
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Well, I would compare Bartoli if she kept improving more to Sandrine Testud. She's got a solid game and could take out a top player every now and then, or give them a scare, but not really up to a Pierce or Mauresmo. Golovin has the potential, but she'd have to develop just a bit more all around. She's got the tools, now she just needs to fine tune.

Hantu515
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:58 AM
No

austennis
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:59 AM
I think Mary is the superior player out of the free of them.. and cant see any of the other 3 matching her ongoing consistancy and her succses..

Forehand_Volley
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:00 AM
No.

heytennis
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Golovin might be a slam winner but I don't think Bartoli will be. I don't think either could get to number one. Golovin is too injury prone and Bartoli just isn't good enough.

DefyingGravity
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Once again...

S. Testud and Bartoli are almost the same entity, Bartoli may hover around this spot FOREVER.

T. Golovin could have the potential to get there, if she were to be less injury prone and fine tune her game.

In The Zone
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Well, I would compare Bartoli if she kept improving more to Sandrine Testud. She's got a solid game and could take out a top player every now and then, or give them a scare, but not really up to a Pierce or Mauresmo. Golovin has the potential, but she'd have to develop just a bit more all around. She's got the tools, now she just needs to fine tune.

Exactly. No other better way to put it. However, I think neither will out do Amelie and Mary.

RJWCapriati
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:55 AM
lol absolutely not

Serenita
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Maybe if Marion Beats JUJU in Ausie open final in straight sets.
then she might pass momo. and offcourse Wimby win.

cherboy
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:21 AM
NEVER EVER!!! mary is the one and only!!

Serenita
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:30 AM
TATI on the otherhand is a lost case. she ain't gonna get her ass in GS Final.

stefi62
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:36 AM
:lol:

frontier
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I sorry to say that Tatiana doesnt have the 'it'factor,she might stun a player here and there but she is not a winner.Bartoli is a little better than Tatiana and passing Amelia and Mary absolutely no.

Serval
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:17 AM
More chance of Tottenham making the Champions League.

Slutiana
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Tati can. If she fine tunes her game.

jonny84
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:28 PM
It's hard to see Golovin or Bartoli reaching/winning multiple grand slam finals, Tier I events and YEC events really.

I would say Bartoli would have a better career than Golovin, but Golovin will remain consistent throughout her career.

AcesHigh
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Neither of them have 1/8 of hte talent of Mauresmo and Pierce. I don't see either winning a slam. Who would have guessed though, that Bartoli would make a slam final before Tati, lol.

Serena-rules-no1
Aug 19th, 2007, 05:54 PM
no chance, neither of them can be as annoying as Pierce or as cool as Momo

darice
Aug 20th, 2007, 11:04 AM
i like tati a lot and it would be great if she could even match a little of momo and mary's career. i like some of the top players but sometimes i wish someone on tati's level could win a slam or two. it would just be great cause what kuzzy and nastya did doesn't happen that often. :)

Vamos.
Aug 20th, 2007, 11:55 AM
No chance in hell. Especially not Tati, she just has NOTHING special about her game. If she can win 2+ Slams then so can ANYBODY else in the top 20 which we know is not the case...

Rachel_
Aug 20th, 2007, 12:10 PM
For now

Bartoli: No
Tati: Maybe

Ask it in 2 years and I think will see Tati's game reach its maximum level and we can discuss where it will take her.
I personally see loads of potential but Im not sure if she'll utilise it yet but I think with Mats on board she will get pretty close.

Emina.
Aug 20th, 2007, 12:45 PM
no :)

ViennaCalling
Aug 20th, 2007, 01:21 PM
:haha:

Mary? Never.

thrust
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:10 PM
I seriously doubt it. Tatiana has the potential, but she needs to avoid injuries and be a bit more consistant.

SV_Fan
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:46 PM
NAh Mary won the AO and the FO and was a finalist at the USO something I think mauresmo might not do the other too early to say Bartoli reached the Wimby finals something mary didn't do.