PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay & Lisa in New Haven...

hurricanejeanne
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:37 PM
...And one crappy draw. :sad:
Lindsay and Lisa will play the top seeded team of Cara Black and Liezel Huber in round one.
http://dps.usta.com/usta_master/usta/doc/content/doc_584_12880.pdf?8/18/2007%209:10:56%20PM
:scared:

mike/topgun
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Shame that the first offcial tourney of Lindsay's comeback will end in the first round. Bad luck.:(

We would expect a better draw, but hey lets be honest - who would have thought 8 weeks back that she'll ever return to the professional circuit?I'm glad already, no maatter what happens in the nearest future. No sooner, but the AO would be a proper test.

Elske
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:30 PM
ah well, they'll just have to beat the best team in the world then :cool: C'mon Lisa & Lindsay, you can do this! :bounce: :cool:

LindsayRulz
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Uh :(

I still think they have a chance to win it. Lindsay and Lisa and good double players.

Lindsayfan32
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:40 PM
That has to be the crappiest draw they could've got. So much for them winning a round or two . But don't give up hope the match has to be played first. The match isn't lost until it's played.

dybbuk
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Awful draw. :(

Good luck to them. :yeah:

MH0861
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:34 AM
(WC) L. Davenport/L. Raymond d. (1)Black/Huber 6-2 6-1.

Lindsay fires 10 aces.

The crowd rejoices.

RJWCapriati
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:49 AM
I'm sure Lisa and Lindsay will be up to the challenge............. I say 50/50 for this one.

mike/topgun
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:34 AM
About 4 years ago I'd say Lisa and Lindsay over Liezel and Cara, but at the moment I can't see many chances for our team:( However if Lindsay serves well...there's a chance, cause they don't know exactly what to expect from both Lisa and Lindsay who haven't played in some time. Still can't wait to see this live on the scoreboard:hearts:

The Daviator
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Well this is just fun for Lindsay anyway :p

Real test begins in Bali.

MH0861
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:13 PM
If all goes wrong, I say just go the Nadia Petrova route and start whacking balls at Liezel. The crowd won't mind.

Dave.
Aug 19th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Bad draw but by no means a 100% loss! Cara and Liezel only just became the number 1 team and its not as if they are dominant or anything. Lisa is still one of the very best out there and Lindsay, well she is one of the all-time greats and we'll see what she is capable of. I say Lindsay and Lisa lose the first set but get into it in the second. Go Lindsay and Lisa!

LADL
Aug 20th, 2007, 12:00 AM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/newhaven/f_36.jpg

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/newhaven/f_35.jpg

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/newhaven/f_34.jpg

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/newhaven/f_33.jpg

hurricanejeanne
Aug 20th, 2007, 12:54 AM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/newhaven/f_36.jpg

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/newhaven/f_35.jpg

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/newhaven/f_34.jpg

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/newhaven/f_33.jpg

:inlove:

LindsayRulz
Aug 20th, 2007, 01:20 AM
:hearts:

IanRadi
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Will Lindsay play doubles at the US Open?

Lindsayfan32
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:09 AM
Ah short answer is no.

LindsayRulz
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Will Lindsay play doubles at the US Open?

I don't think so. Lindsay said that she wouldn't go to the US Open just to play in double.

Yelsey
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Where did you get these pics, LADL?

LADL
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Where did you get these pics, LADL?

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/photogallery/?Event=newhaven

LADL
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:42 AM
Lindsay and Lisa play tuesday night! :woohoo:

DOUBLE FEATURE — The Pilot Pen Tennis tournament announced Sunday that Lindsay Davenport and Lisa Raymond will play their opening-round doubles match against top-seeded Cara Black and Liezel Huber in the first match on Stadium Court Tuesday night.The session, which was initially occupied by Serena Williams' opening match before the eight-time Grand Slam champ withdrew on Friday, will also feature Fairfield's James Blake against the winner of either Arnaud Clement or qualifier Kevin Anderson in the late match.

http://www.connpost.com/pilotpen/ci_6665753

lindsayno1
Aug 20th, 2007, 07:16 AM
uuuuuuuugh!! is there a live feed for these matches btw?¬

Andrew..
Aug 20th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I actually think it's a winnable match. Lindsay says she's feeling and playing well, and Lisa is one of the best doubles players in the world.

LUXXXAS
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:50 PM
guys! tomorrow is a big day for us :D :bounce: Can't wait!!!!!

lindsayno1
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:18 PM
lol depends if liezel has one of her strops again...!

GrandSlam05
Aug 21st, 2007, 12:46 AM
will this first match be on the tennis channel?

LindsayRulz
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:02 AM
It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow :(

Lindsayfan32
Aug 21st, 2007, 01:47 AM
will this first match be on the tennis channel?

I don't care how bad this match is if Lindsay and Lisa match is shown could someone who has the tennis channel please upload it to megaupload so I can watch I just want to see Lindsay play again. :help:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 21st, 2007, 02:33 AM
It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow :(

Figures, doesn't it. :p
At this point, I just hope Linds and Lisa win. :unsure:

ChampLindsay
Aug 21st, 2007, 10:07 AM
A day to remember: August 21, 2007:

LINDSAY DAVENPORT IS BACK

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Yelsey
Aug 21st, 2007, 04:20 PM
You guys think the match tonight will be on TV.. or some kind of livestream online perhaps?

LADL
Aug 22nd, 2007, 03:37 AM
Video of Lindsay during press conference.

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/category.asp?C=96005&nav=menu29_5_4

Click on Match Point - a Pilot Pen special (part 1 of 4)
Lindsay's feature starts at about the 7.25 mark

mike/topgun
Aug 22nd, 2007, 03:45 PM
Can't wait:unsure:

!<blocparty>!
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
We won the first point.

Go.

Elske
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:47 PM
it's great to see her name on a scoreboard :lol: C'mon Linds :bounce:

ChampLindsay
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:49 PM
let the show begin:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

GO LINDSAYYYYYYY & LISAAAAAAa:worship: :worship: :worship:

l-dav
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Yay! We've broken them already!

We're up 2-1 in the first set.

update:
yay, up a break 3-2 L&L

LindsayRulz
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
we've broken again 3-2.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:06 PM
4-2.

We just held to love.

LindsayRulz
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:11 PM
5-3.

LindsayRulz
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:29 PM
7-6(1)! :)

ChampLindsay
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:30 PM
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

amazing tie break...:hearts: :hearts:

c'mon L&L:worship: :worship: :worship:

dybbuk
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:30 PM
Keep going :hearts:

mike/topgun
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:50 PM
hold Lindsay!

LindsayRulz
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:05 PM
3-6 :unsure:

!<blocparty>!
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:10 PM
1-5.

Retire.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
:sad:

Oh well. I guess that is a pretty good result, all things considered.

LindsayRulz
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
:sobbing:

Not that bad though to push the #1 double team to a super tie-break.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:24 PM
At least Lisa and her took a set. I just hope this doesn't hurt Lindsay's mentality when it comes to this comeback. If anything, I hope it tells her where she's at and what she needs to work on.

But it still sucks to see her lose. :sad:

!<blocparty>!
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:26 PM
At least Lisa and her took a set. I just hope this doesn't hurt Lindsay's mentality when it comes to this comeback. If anything, I hope it tells her where she's at what she needs to work on.

But it still sucks to see her loose. :sad:

Oh yeah.. i'd imagine Lindsay would be a little looser now. :o

mike/topgun
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:33 PM
I was impressed by the first set score...maybe then Linds started to be lacking her normal oncourt *speed*. It was the first match of her comeback - her main goal is to play on a high level in singles, plus L and C are the n1 team in the world atm ,and so on...as it goes it was not a bad result. I'd even say it was surprisingly good!
Now's the time for some serious training, and then off to Bali resort for the usual holidays!:D

Lindsayfan32
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:45 PM
I was impressed by the first set score...maybe then Linds started to be lacking her normal oncourt *speed*. It was the first match of her comeback - her main goal is to play on a high level in singles, plus L and C are the n1 team in the world atm ,and so on...as it goes it was not a bad result. I'd even say it was surprisingly good!
Now's the time for some serious training, and then off to Bali resort for the usual holidays!:D

I agree with you Mike. I expected them to be beaten in straight sets and pretty handily too (don't ask me why). If they had played anyone else in the draw they could've won a few matches but we can't go on could've. Let hope the draw gods shine on Lindsay in Bali as it was a crappy draw. I look forward to Bail next month.

I love being able to say this: Lindsay's Back

hurricanejeanne
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
Oh yeah.. i'd imagine Lindsay would be a little looser now. :o

I cannot spell today. :o My apologies.

MH0861
Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:42 PM
I was there, in the front row, 10 seats away from Jon. :hearts: I just typed something up on GM that I will post here.. feel free to ask any questions or anything else. :)

Lindsay looked great! I saw the pictures of her in thesupernova's thread where she looked chubby, but honestly, she looked really good to me - maybe a LITTLE flabby in her stomach but she looked amazing for just having a baby 10 weeks ago :worship:

Linds and Lisa started very well... and they had opportunities to serve for the set at 5-4 and 6-5 and got broken each time. :( Lindsay called for the trainer :eek: in the first set but ended up sending her back.

However, after going down 2-0 in the second, the trainer came back and wrapped the lower part of Lindsay's right leg, and it was actually a long bandage (as in, it extended from below her knee to close to her ankle). Not sure if it's serious or not. :shrug:

I thought Lindsay accounted for herself very well - she served well in the beginning and hit some very nice winners/lines. I have a video of a great love service game she had. However.... not to be a Debbie Downer, but especially as the match went on, she was definitely the weakest link on court. She competed really hard but she's just not there yet. I can't blame her - she's out for a year, just had a baby, and playing doubles against the #1 team who won two slams this year. It was a feat to make it so close, because I was REALLY impressed with Cara and Liezel.. Cara especially, who was a beast at the net.

They really went after Lindsay and kept their volleys low and at Lindsay's feet, and she struggled, flat out. This isn't to say that she stunk up the court, but it's wise she's skipping the US Open and she needs more time to train and get the reaction times back. A lack of reaction is even more evident in doubles, and it showed. Also, Ravenport's communication could've been better... there were 3 or 4 times where they both just stood there and the ball went in between them :lol:

I don't want to sound negative though, because she surpassed my expectations for how she would play. It was an AWFUL draw, and perhaps if they had a couple more matches under their belts against lesser teams this result could have been different.

Afterwards, Lindsay signed autographs for practically everyone on that side of grandstand as the chairs :hearts:

MH0861
Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:43 PM
I have lots of pics. :lol: Will try to upload some tonight :)

hurricanejeanne
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:00 AM
I was there, in the front row, 10 seats away from Jon. :hearts: I just typed something up on GM that I will post here.. feel free to ask any questions or anything else. :)

Lindsay looked great! I saw the pictures of her in thesupernova's thread where she looked chubby, but honestly, she looked really good to me - maybe a LITTLE flabby in her stomach but she looked amazing for just having a baby 10 weeks ago :worship:

Linds and Lisa started very well... and they had opportunities to serve for the set at 5-4 and 6-5 and got broken each time. :( Lindsay called for the trainer :eek: in the first set but ended up sending her back.

However, after going down 2-0 in the second, the trainer came back and wrapped the lower part of Lindsay's right leg, and it was actually a long bandage (as in, it extended from below her knee to close to her ankle). Not sure if it's serious or not. :shrug:

I thought Lindsay accounted for herself very well - she served well in the beginning and hit some very nice winners/lines. I have a video of a great love service game she had. However.... not to be a Debbie Downer, but especially as the match went on, she was definitely the weakest link on court. She competed really hard but she's just not there yet. I can't blame her - she's out for a year, just had a baby, and playing doubles against the #1 team who won two slams this year. It was a feat to make it so close, because I was REALLY impressed with Cara and Liezel.. Cara especially, who was a beast at the net.

They really went after Lindsay and kept their volleys low and at Lindsay's feet, and she struggled, flat out. This isn't to say that she stunk up the court, but it's wise she's skipping the US Open and she needs more time to train and get the reaction times back. A lack of reaction is even more evident in doubles, and it showed. Also, Ravenport's communication could've been better... there were 3 or 4 times where they both just stood there and the ball went in between them :lol:

I don't want to sound negative though, because she surpassed my expectations for how she would play. It was an AWFUL draw, and perhaps if they had a couple more matches under their belts against lesser teams this result could have been different.

Afterwards, Lindsay signed autographs for practically everyone on that side of grandstand as the chairs :hearts:

Hopefully the injury isn't too serious. Perhaps it's just sore from playing/practicing/training a lot lately. :unsure:

You said in GM that Jon was the team's on court coach, so no Adam?

Thanks for the report :D

LindsayRulz
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:18 AM
Uh I hope she's OK :(

LindsayRulz
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:19 AM
Pics from today :

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/capt_8e5046fbc57c4f48a8896158b7ae75fc_pilot_pen_te nnis_ctrc105.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/capt_747ec4c14cec4de6be6269e7a5d1aed1_pilot_pen_te nnis_ctrc102.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/capt_226776656fbb4b83bc285e99a6d48076_pilot_pen_te nnis_ctrc104.jpg

tennisbuddy12
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:32 AM
LD looks amazing for having a bab 2 moths ago....and (.)(.).....something grew...lol...i dont like the outfit though. IM ESTATIC THAT SHE BACK THOUGH!!! :woohoo:

LindsayRulz
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:46 AM
New mother Davenport loses in doubles, her first match in almost a year
By PAT EATON-ROBB, Associated Press Writer
August 22, 2007

Agnes Szavay, of Hungary, hits a backhand during her second round singles match with Daniela Hantuchova, of Slovakia, at the Pilot Pen Tennis tournament in New Haven, Conn., on Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2007.
AP - Aug 22, 4:08 pm EDT
More Photos

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) -- Lindsay Davenport returned to the court Wednesday after taking almost a year off to have a child, losing a doubles match at the Pilot Pen to the top team in the world.

Davenport and partner Lisa Raymond were beaten by Cara Black and Liezel Huber 6-7 (1), 6-3, and 10-4 in the match tiebreaker.

But for Davenport, it wasn't all about winning or losing.

"It was fun to be back," she said. "Obviously, this is the first step in a long process."

Davenport had not played since last September, and gave birth to her first child, Jagger Jonathan Leach, in June. She plans to return to singles play next month at a tournament in Bali.

"I feel I'm still very good at my job and having a child doesn't mean you have to abandon all your career and everything," she said. "I feel like while he's this young, and so far this good, I can drag him around the world and try and do what I still love to do."

Davenport lamented having to play the top seeds in the first round. Black and Huber have already won six doubles titles this year, including the Australian Open and Wimbledon.

There was an upset in the women's singles as qualifier Agnes Szavay of Hungary upset second-seeded Slovakian Daniela Hantuchova 7-5, 6-3 on in the second round.

It was the first time Hantuchova, ranked No. 10 in the world has faced the 41st-ranked Szavay.

After a close first set, Szavay broke Hantuchova in the fifth game of the second, finishing with a perfect backhand drop shot. Hantuchova broke back in the next game, but couldn't hold serve as Szavay took control of the match. Hantuchova saved two match points before finally being broken in the final game.

"She was very brave and moved very well," Hantuchova said. "She deserved to win."

Third-seeded Marion Bartoli of France defeated Spain's Virginia Ruano Pascual 6-0, 6-4 to advance to the quarterfinals.

It was the second time in a row Bartoli has beaten Ruano Pascual. Bartoli is ranked No. 11 in the world; Ruano Pascual, No. 90.

Bartoli will next face No. 6-seed Elena Dementieva, who pulled out a her 6-1, 7-6 (6) victory over American Ashley Harkleroad.

"I started pretty aggressively and put a lot of pressure on her," said Dementieva, who also advanced to the quarterfinals. "At 4-1, I lost concentration and she started to play really well and made a lot of winners. I have to give her credit she played well in the second set."

On the men's side, it was a bad day for Americans. Last year's Pilot Pen finalist Agustin Calleri of Argentina defeated American Robby Ginepri 6-4, 3-6, 7-5, to advance to the quarterfinals. Spain's Fernando Verdasco, defeated American Vincent Spadea, 2-6, 6-4, 6-2.

Other's advancing on the men's side were Jose Acasuso of Argentina, who defeated Dominik Hrbaty of Slovakia, 6-1, 7-5 and Nicolas Almagro of Spain defeated France's Julien Benneteau, 6-7, 6-3, 6-3.

Later, top men's seed Nikolay Davydenko was to play his first match of the tournament, facing 18-year-old American Donald Young, and women's top-seed Svetlana Kuznetsova was to play Agnleszka Radwanska of Poland.

Yelsey
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:54 AM
That would be great MH :) Please post all the pics you took as well as that video you were talking about!

RJWCapriati
Aug 23rd, 2007, 01:04 AM
Wonderful to see her back......hopefully we will get some video up

sonnys
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks for pics and im happy she is back....:worship:

ChampLindsay
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:31 AM
great report MH...:worship:

can't wait to your photos:hearts: :hearts:

ChampLindsay
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:55 PM
Davenport and partner Lisa Raymond were beaten by the top doubles team in the world, Cara Black and Liezel Huber, 6-7 (1), 6-3, and 10-4 in the match tiebreaker.

But for Davenport, it wasn't all about winning or losing.

"It was fun to be back," she said. "Obviously, this is the first step in a long process."

Davenport had not played since last September, and gave birth to her first child, Jagger Jonathan Leach, in June. She plans to return to singles play next month at a tournament in Bali.

"I feel I'm still very good at my job and having a child doesn't mean you have to abandon all your career and everything," she said. "I feel like while he's this young, and so far this good, I can drag him around the world and try and do what I still love to do."

Davenport lamented having to play the top seeds in the first round. Black and Huber have already won six doubles titles this year, including the Australian Open and Wimbledon.

But Black and Huber said Davenport gave them all they could handle.

"The match was decided by a few points, and we're playing every week and she hasn't played for months," Huber said. "It just goes to show you, she's back and she's good."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=tennis&id=2987494

MH0861
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Here's the Lindsay Video - http://www.dailymotion.com/MH0861/video/4740480

Taken at *3-2 first set... my camera isn't great but I think it'll do for you :)

MH0861
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Some pictures... a lot of them came out blurry. :( But these are pretty good & different from the ones posted already.

Lindsayfan32
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the photos the one of John isn't working on my computer all I get is a white screen. My computer is demented so it may just be me.

Nikki
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the photos there great.

Lindsayfan32 try refreshing the page with the photo. That is what I have to do & it worked for me.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 24th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Some pictures... a lot of them came out blurry. :( But these are pretty good & different from the ones posted already.

Thank you so much for the pictures! :D

Lindsayfanumber1
Aug 25th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Thx for the pics. They are great :rocker2: :)

Lindsayfan32
Aug 25th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the photos there great.

Lindsayfan32 try refreshing the page with the photo. That is what I have to do & it worked for me.

Thanks I'll try it I didn't think of that.

mike/topgun
Aug 26th, 2007, 09:46 AM
thanks for the pics and the vid MH0861!:D

up!
Aug 27th, 2007, 08:21 AM
why doesn't she play the us open?????

Lindsayfan32
Aug 27th, 2007, 12:09 PM
why doesn't she play the us open?????

Lindsay has said she's nowhere ready to play a slam yet but hopes to be ready by the 2008 Australian open. Lindsay has also said that doesn't want to play in slam unless she can be competive. The time would be better spent working on her fitness. :)

Andrew..
Aug 27th, 2007, 03:37 PM
She's been up in the gym just working on her fitness.