PDA

View Full Version : The top 5 contenders for US open title, in your opinion?

Keaka
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Henin, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Venus, Serena

1. Henin (25 %)
She has had great US open series until now, allthough almost didn't play :p She just has that something right now that not many players can challenge.Also was consistent through the year, and she's pretty much the favourite here by my opinion.

2. Venus (20 %)
She thought she'd be undefeated in the US hardcourt season, that's what makes her wanting the title even more.And if any of the Wimbledon form is left, she's a big contender.

3. Sharapova (20%)
She has had a good US hardcourt season too.She was dominating as the no 1. seed.She never had any problems, even against Chakvetadze, who was on a roll then.Her serve has been great, placing it great, as well as her groundstrokes.

4. Ivanovic (15 %)
If we count off the loss against Yan, she was the one who produced the greatest play in the USopen series.She played flawless in L.A and no one could stop her.The consistency isn't always the best at her, so we never know.

5. Jankovic (12%)
Maybe she should be higher.She is certainly a contender, and has the game.She has played a lot of tournaments though.I think she can make the semis, or even the final, but I don't know if she will get tight in a final, like in last years SF.

Other (8%)
(Serena, Chakvetadze, Vaidisova, Petrova, Pratt, Schnyder, Kuznetsova, Golovin)

That's mine top 5.What's yours? :)

Conor
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:53 PM
In order...

1. Sharapova
2. Justine
3. Venus
4. Serena
5. Jankovic

Direwolf
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Anna Chakvetadze
Maria Sharapova
Venus Williams
Justine Henin
Jelena Jankovic

in that order...
Serena... mmm
not this time... she always need to have
a tournament to assess where her game is at
before a major

Keaka
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Forgot Sharapova :tape: I'll edit mine ... :eek:

Slutiana
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:55 PM
1. Venus

2. Serena
3. Henin

4= Jankovic
4= Ivanovic

Dark Horses:

Kuznetsova
Vaidisova
Chakvetadze (doubt it)
Golovin (what type of person would i be if i left her out?)
Whitehead
Sharapova (shes been found out this year. Sure, Ivanovic's movement is just as bad but i feel that when ivanovic is on, her weapons are much bigger.)

LindsayRulz
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:56 PM
1. Henin
2. The sisters
3. Sharapova
4. Ivanovic
5. Jankovic

hurricanejeanne
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:57 PM
In order:
Justine Henin
Maria Sharapova
Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Ana Ivanovic

Slutiana
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Anna Chakvetadze
Maria Sharapova
Venus Williams
Justine Henin
Jelena Jankovic

in that order...
Serena... mmm
not this time... she always need to have
a tournament to assess where her game is at
before a major

:lol: :tape:

Beny
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Sharapova
Henin
Chakvetadze
Ivanovic
Jankovic/V.Williams

The Dawntreader
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:09 PM
No particular order here:

Henin
Jankovic
Venus
Ivanovic
Sharapova

Would've put Serena in the 5 and left out Maria, but with injury her actual appearance is in doubt.

sammy01
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:13 PM
1. serena williams - if she turns up i back her to win it! i just have a feeling its been too long since a williams lifted the us open trophy!

2. justine henin - not her best surface but if she can avoid a william sister then she has just about every other players number! if she loses, i only see her losing to a william sister!

3. venus williams - shes behind henin as i can see venus losing to 4 or 5 players but i can also see her thrashing the very same players for this reason she 3rd if the serves on and the forehands working then watch out!

4. jelena jankovic - i give her the edge over ivanovic and sharapova as she is the fitter i think she a great chance of reaching the final if she keeps her head (with jankovic this is a big 'if')!

5. ana ivanovic and maria sharapova - as the game continues to evolve movement is becoming a huge plus point and these 2 just dont move well enough! that being said they both have big games and can steamroller other players my worry is if they cant steam roller and find themselves in a long 3 setter i think there movement will eventualy let them down!

darkhorse - anna chakvetadze - if shes recovered from her viral illness then she could easily make the semis she needs the right draw to make this happen and to stay mentaly tough!

other players that could make the qtrs - nadia petrova, svetlana kuznetsova and tatiana golovin though i dont see these 3 making a semi!

Pasta-Na
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:15 PM
juju
venus
jj
serena :shrug:
ana/chaky :lol:

Donny
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Serena (if she plays)
Ivanovic
Henin
Venus
Jankovic

Cp6uja
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Henin
Sharapova
Serena
Jankovic

and ofcourse - Ivanovic

In The Zone
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:30 PM
1. Justine Henin.
2. Venus Williams.
3. Ana Ivanovic.
4. Jelena Jankovic.
5. Maria Sharapova.

Serena cannot be on the list with her injury and no warmups. She'll be a threat but not top 5. I am not saying she can't win but logically, she can't be in the top 5.

Sharapova is 5th because I believe the four ahead of her are the only 4 in the draw who will be able to expose her weaknesses on hardcourts. She'll bow out in the SF to the eventual champion.

Hantu515
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:33 PM
1. Henin
2. Venus
3. Sharapova
4. Jankovic
5. Ivanovic

If Serena is healthy I put her at #3.

Cp6uja
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:36 PM
5. ana ivanovic and maria sharapova - as the game continues to evolve movement is becoming a huge plus point and these 2 just dont move well enough! that being said they both have big games and can steamroller other players my worry is if they cant steam roller and find themselves in a long 3 setter i think there movement will eventualy let them down!

Belive or not - Maria Sharapova have best career win/lose percentage in 3rd sets of all current TOP10 girls and Ana have 2nd best (3rd is Serena). In theys last 8 3-seters Masha won 7 and Ana won all 8!!!

TNT96
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Henin
Ivanovic
Sharapova
Jankovic
with a wild card/dark horse for the fifth spot Kuznetsova, Schynder, Chakvetadze, and Hingis but that is a sentimental choice

-VSR-
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Venus is winning the US Open. I think she'll beat Serena/Henin in the final.

vadin124
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Henin, Venus, Sharapova, Serena, Jankovic

1. Henin - Gained new heights of respect for her after her masterclass of tennis against Yan earlier...definitely should be considered the favourite. Incredible all round player with unbelievable backhand, great forehand and very good serve. Excellent touch and excellent movement, almost the perfect player.

2. Venus - When at her best is unstoppable, however can be erratic and make too many errors. Seems to be gaining in confidence after 4th career Wimbledon title. Dynamite serve and huge backhand make her also a heavy favourite for the title.

3. Sharapova - Last year, Won San Diego and reached Semi's in LA, before winning at flushing meadows...this year, Won San Diego and reached Semi's in LA. If she can get a relatively easy first few rounds may be able to play herself into form, putting herself in contention by the Quarterfinal stage or so. Is an incredible fighter also so will always be a threat no matter what.

4. Serena - Two tame losses to Henin in Quarter-Finals this year at the Slams...not shown the form which brought her the AO and Miami titles in the first few months of the year. Is vulnerable if her forehand is not working. Having said that, when at her best is a great player and 99.9% of her time will win!

5. Jankovic - Semifinal run last year showed everyone what Jankovic could do. Great defensive player, and can attack off the backhand down the line effectively. Deep into the second week mental toughness may be questionable should it come to the really big matches. Serve can also be vulnerable at times.

Outsiders (Ivanovic, Schnyder, Golovin)

Lulu.
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:48 PM
In no order..

1. Serena
2. Henin
3. Sharapova
4. Venus
5. Jankovic

UDACHi
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:50 PM
henin, maria, and the willies. hard to see anyone else winning a slam these days.

vadin124
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Belive or not - Maria Sharapova have best career win/lose percentage in 3rd sets of all current TOP10 girls and Ana have 2nd best (3rd is Serena). In theys last 8 3-seters Masha won 7 and Ana won all 8!!!

lol is that a good thing?? it just means they are losing more frequently in straight sets...

Hachiko
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:52 PM
(01). Justine Henin
(02). Maria Sharapova
(03). Ana Ivanovic
(04). Jelena Jankovic
(05). Nicole Pratt

Slutiana
lol is that a good thing?? it just means they are losing more frequently in straight sets...

:lol: so true

IceHock
1. Sharapova
2. Henin
3. Chakvetadze
4. Ivanovic
5. S.Williams

mckyle.
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:53 PM
1. Justine Henin
2. Ana Ivanovic
3. Maria Sharapova
4. Jelena Jankovic
5. Elena Dementieva

selesbooz
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Some of yall are RETARDED. You act as if Masha rolls around in a wheelchair out on the court.:rolleyes: She has 16 title's Im sure she was ran down a ball once or twice in her life. :haha: Come on.

mckyle.
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Some of yall are RETARDED. You act as if Masha rolls around in a wheelchair out on the court.:rolleyes: She has 16 title's Im sure she was ran down a ball once or twice in her life. :haha: Come on.

Every list I've seen has Sharapova in it.

vadin124
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:55 PM
(01). Justine Henin
(02). Maria Sharapova
(03). Ana Ivanovic
(04). Jelena Jankovic
(05). Nicole Pratt

haha

there is more chance of Brie Whitehead winning a set off Justine Henin than there is of Pratt winning the US Open

Donny
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:56 PM

In the AO, Miami, the FO, and Wimbledon this year, she didn't run down balls so much as watch them zoom past her. And the USO is a faster surface than all of those tournies.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Henin is in a good form, number 1 in the world and having a good year.
Of course she can win.
Serena and Venus are always contenders for the US Open. They don't play much, but they can always win here. So that makes 3.
Ana. 2 great slams already. Then also a victory in LA.
Hardcourt is her best surface and she is more ready for it than ever.
And a 5th. I actually just had 4.
A 5th will be Sharapova then. Defending champion and won San Diego a few weeks ago. She has to do something more now. This year isn't good enough.

Vamos.
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:58 PM
1.) Justine. No fitness doubts. As ever, no commitment doubts. She wants it and will do everything to get it. She also won't lose to many players. It takes something special.

2.) Kuznetsova. I just simply fancy her to win this tournament, nothing particularly logical; just a whim.
3.) Sharapova/Venus. I tie them together because so many things have to go right for both of them. Draws. Serve. But they have both been close to the top of their game recently, so they are huge contenders.

4.) Ivanovic. I don't think she is capable of winning a GS yet. But she could go very, very far.
5.) Jankovic. See above. Without the weapons though. And far too scared of Justine, if she is in her half then we can count her out.

Honourable mention: Serena, of course. This woman can do anything. If she finds form the title is hers. But I would say the chance of that is 5-10% right now. We have seen her take those odds before though:lol:

faboozadoo15
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:58 PM

It just shows that when pushed to three sets, both players win the matches. Their lack of footspeed and all this talk about their shape hasn't had any effect.
Anyone can get blown out occasionally, and I can only speak for Sharapova on this one, but she wins a whole lot more matches than she loses. This year her losses have come in straight setters. But when she's managed to get a set, she's won the matches.

That IS a good thing.

faboozadoo15
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:00 PM
In the AO, Miami, the FO, and Wimbledon this year, she didn't run down balls so much as watch them zoom past her. And the USO is a faster surface than all of those tournies.

:spit: hardcourts faster than grass :haha:
Maria is also by far the most comfortable with her movement on hardcourts.

selesbooz
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:02 PM

So you mean the AO Final. :help: The 4th round of Miami d. Venus along the way.:help: The Semi's of the French. :worship: and the 4th round of Wimbledon. :bounce: Yeah, Poor little poor moving Maria.

Forehand_Volley
1. Justine Henin
2. Jelena Jankovic
3. Maria Sharapova
4. Ana Ivanovic
5. Venus Williams

Donny
:spit: hardcourts faster than grass :haha:
Maria is also by far the most comfortable with her movement on hardcourts.

USO Decoturf is far faster than Wimbledon grass now.

Cp6uja
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:09 PM
lol is that a good thing?? it just means they are losing more frequently in straight sets...No... that tell as about theys physics and psychics. For example this season Venus WTA tournaments record in 3-setters against TOP15 players is 0-5, so she must won all her TOP15 matches at USO (R16, QF, SF and F) in straight sets and this is not grass! 3rd fantastic player in 3-seters is Chakvetadze - she won 18 of her last 20 3-seters :eek: :eek: :eek: !

faboozadoo15
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:10 PM
USO Decoturf is far faster than Wimbledon grass now.

Oh hell no...
Do you even PLAY tennis?

DA FOREHAND
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:16 PM
In order...

1. Sharapova
2. Justine
3. Venus
4. Serena
5. Jankovic

I like this list but in no particular order, and i'd have to place Serena 6th as a wild card...and replace her w/Ana

roxi
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:17 PM
1. Justine
2. Serena
3. Venus
4. Sharapova
5. Ivanovic

Bruno71
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:18 PM
The 4 who've previously won it besides Martina and Sveta can all be considered strong contenders right now: Venus, Serena, Justine, Maria

The 5th would be between Ana, Jelena, and Anna...all have looked great at times and vulnerable at times. Might lean towards Ana here but her last match was not a great indicator.

Donny
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Oh hell no...
Do you even PLAY tennis?

Yes, I do. Recreationally, of course. But commentators, journalists, and players alike have been saying for the past few years that Wimbledon is slower.

faboozadoo15
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Yes, I do. Recreationally, of course. But commentators, journalists, and players alike have been saying for the past few years that Wimbledon is slower.

Complete exaggeration... There's no way the courts are Slower than hardcourts, they just happen to be slower than they used to be.
The new rye grass is thicker and may bounce a bit higher too.
But in no way are they slower than hardcourts.

DownTheLine21
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:07 PM
1. Henin
2. Venus
3. Serena
4. Ivanovic
5. Sharapova

The Kaz
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:58 PM
1. Justine Henin
2. Maria Sharapova
2. Ana Ivanovic
4. Jelena Jankovic
5. Venus Williams :shrug:

supergrunt
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Venus
Serena
Henin
Jelena
Sharapova

in that order too

Vamos.
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Let's be honest; Anna Chakvetadze has no chance in HELL of winning the USO 2007.

Nobody can surely believe that. For that reason she should not go in anyone's top five contenders list. There is just literally no chance.

StZox
Aug 19th, 2007, 01:20 AM
1. Ana Ivanovic
2. Justine Henin
3. Jelena Jankovic
4. Venus Williams
5. Serena Williams
6. Maria Sharapova
7. Anna Chakvetadze

sammy01
Aug 19th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Let's be honest; Anna Chakvetadze has no chance in HELL of winning the USO 2007.

Nobody can surely believe that. For that reason she should not go in anyone's top five contenders list. There is just literally no chance.

if your picking 5 contenders then not all of them are gona win so i see no wrong in picking chakvetadze i myself put her as my wildcard 6 but i think you put kuznetsova in your list which to me is more absurd this year than anna chakvetadze!

Derek.
Aug 19th, 2007, 01:40 AM
1. Justine Henin
2. Venus Williams
3. Maria Sharapova
4. Serena Williams
5. Jelena Jankovic

cmonmasha
Aug 19th, 2007, 01:46 AM
haha

there is more chance of Brie Whitehead winning a set off Justine Henin than there is of Pratt winning the US Open a set?? I would say a point:lol:

cmonmasha
Aug 19th, 2007, 01:52 AM
if your picking 5 contenders then not all of them are gona win so i see no wrong in picking chakvetadze i myself put her as my wildcard 6 but i think you put kuznetsova in your list which to me is more absurd this year than anna chakvetadze! hell no..kuznetsova has WAY better chance of winning the open that anna, anyway here's my list, more or less the same as everyone:
-maria sharapova
-justine henin
-ana ivanovic
-serena williams
-jelena jankovic

Blu€
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:07 AM
1- Serena
2- Maria
3- Justine
4- Jankovic
5- Ivanovic

I hope I'm wrong and someone pulls a Bartoli type

Pasta-Na
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:37 AM
1-peng shuai
2-yan zi
3-tiantian sun
4-meng yuan
5-shuai zhang

:haha: :haha: :haha:

austennis
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:41 AM
1. Maria Sharapova
2. Venus Williams
3. Justine Henin
4. Ana Ivanovic ( I HOPE U WIN)
5. Serena Williams/Jelena Jankovic

RJWCapriati
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:42 AM
1. Henin
2. V. Williams
3. Jankovic
4. S. Williams
5. A. Ivanovic

Goai
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:48 AM
1. Bluber
2. Katayama
3. Mantangelo
4. Mirza/Peer
5. Kuznetsova/Petrova

singles...

1. Henin
2. Shrapnova
3. Jankovic
4. Ivanovic
5. ?

Cp6uja
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Current odds (bookmakers):

1. Justine about 3.5
2. Serena about 4
3. Masha about 7
4. Venus about 9
5. Jelena about 10
6. Ana about 10

7. (Sveta, Nicole, Anna...) about 25-35

So... we all know who is TOP6 contenders, but TOP5 is not that easy question :tape: .

mankind
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:02 AM
1. Henin - always consistent, by far the best player on tour.
2. Sharapova - playing better recently, injury seems to be fine, more consistent than most.
3. Serena - question mark around her physically I think (in terms of playing matches, not that stupid thumb injury).
4. Ivanovic - question of mentality and consistency.
5. Venus - not really consistent, but if she plays like she did at Wimbledon..

Cp6uja
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Current odds (bookmakers):

1. Justine about 3.5
2. Serena about 4
3. Masha about 7
4. Venus about 9
5. Jelena about 10
6. Ana about 10

7. (Sveta, Nicole, Anna...) about 25-35

So... we all know who is TOP6 contenders, but TOP5 is not that easy question :tape: .
I forget to give my odds:

1. Justine about 4
2. Serena about 5
3. Masria about 6
4. Ana I. about 8
5. Jelena about 10
6. Venus about 12

7. (Sveta, Nicole, Anna...) about 30-40

freeandlonely
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:38 AM
1.Venus
2.Maria
3.Justine
4.Ana
5.Jelena

Bulgaria
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:51 AM
1.Henin
2.Jankovic
3.Ivanovic
4.Sharapova
5.Serena

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:54 AM
being a Jelena fan can be nervewracking as we never know if she can pull out matches mentally

Serenita
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:54 AM
1.serena
2.henin
3.Miss V
4.Ivanovic
5.Kuzy

Ntour
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:56 AM
serena? is she even playing?

cherboy
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Henin, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Venus, Serena

1. Henin (25 %)
She has had great US open series until now, allthough almost didn't play :p She just has that something right now that not many players can challenge.Also was consistent through the year, and she's pretty much the favourite here by my opinion.

2. Venus (20 %)
She thought she'd be undefeated in the US hardcourt season, that's what makes her wanting the title even more.And if any of the Wimbledon form is left, she's a big contender.

3. Sharapova (20%)
She has had a good US hardcourt season too.She was dominating as the no 1. seed.She never had any problems, even against Chakvetadze, who was on a roll then.Her serve has been great, placing it great, as well as her groundstrokes.

4. Ivanovic (15 %)
If we count off the loss against Yan, she was the one who produced the greatest play in the USopen series.She played flawless in L.A and no one could stop her.The consistency isn't always the best at her, so we never know.

5. Jankovic (12%)
Maybe she should be higher.She is certainly a contender, and has the game.She has played a lot of tournaments though.I think she can make the semis, or even the final, but I don't know if she will get tight in a final, like in last years SF.

Other (8%)
(Serena, Chakvetadze, Vaidisova, Petrova, Pratt, Schnyder, Kuznetsova, Golovin)

That's mine top 5.What's yours? :)

PRATT?!?!?! 8% for PRATT?!?! serena, petrova, chakvetadze and PRATT?!?!!

never ever in a lifetime. i bet she lost in round one or two.

Thanx4nothin
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:17 AM
In no order, Ana, Masha, Venus, Rena & Kuzzie.

Hashim.
Aug 19th, 2007, 10:22 AM
1. Sharapova
2. Justine
3. Venus
4. Serena
5. Jankovic and Ana ;)

Keaka
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:20 AM
PRATT?!?!?! 8% for PRATT?!?! serena, petrova, chakvetadze and PRATT?!?!!

never ever in a lifetime. i bet she lost in round one or two.

That was a joke ;)

jamatthews
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:22 AM
1) Ivanovic
2) Toronto winner
3) Serena
4) Sharapova
5) Chakvetadze

Ceri
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:27 AM
1) Justine
2) Ivanovic
3) Sharapova
4) Jankovic
5) Serena

SvetaPleaseWin.
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:37 AM
1. Henin
2. Serena
3. Sveta
4. Venus

i cant see any one else winning it-maria, ana and janko will probably do well but i cant see them winning the title.
serena and venus could lose early but they could go all the way
henin will be solid as ever
sveta should go far

to be honest i havent really been that impressed with anyone this summer-i didnt see henin vs yan but in the 2 matches i did see (vs petrova and peng) she wasnt impressive at all;
sveta played great against shaughnessy then fell apart in the last 2 sets against tati;
venus played a dreadful match against chaky;
sharapova seemed to be finding form in san diego, then struggled in LA and then got injured;
serena hasnt played;
jankovic is just looking tired;
ana still hasnt found any real consistency-she shouldnt lose 3 and 1 to yan ever, no matter how well she played

so basically :confused: i dont really know

Sir Stefwhit
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:47 AM
1. Justine
2. Serena
3. Masha
4. Jelena
5. Ivanovic

Other top Contenders: Vee, Nikki
Dark-horses: Sveta, Chakvetadze

Sometimes it works to Serena's benefit when the expectations aren't as high from the rest of the field. I think most people recognize her as a serious threat, but with no warm up tournaments and match play since Wimbledon, she's not as likely in most peoples minds. Serena will have to really focus to play her way to a championship and with no preparation I'll think she'll be that much more motivated, so she's worthy of a top 5 on my list.

Conversely, if we had a list of the top 5 top seeds likely to fall early, I'd probably put her on that list as well...

Just Do It
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:50 AM
1. Henin
2. Jankovic
3. Sharapova
4. Williams Serena
5. Ivanovic

Tenis Srbija
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Justine
Janković
Sharapova
Ivanović
Serena

jonny84
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Henin
Jankovic
Sharapova
Ivanovic
Serena

Henin's the best
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:38 PM
In no particular order:
1. Justine Henin
2. Venus Williams
3. Serena Williams
4. Jelena Jankovic
5. Ana Ivanovic

Highlandman
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:52 PM
01. V. Williams
01. J. Henin
03. S. Williams
04. M. Sharapova
05. S. Kuznetsova

:)

Jankovic, Ivanovic, Chakvetadze can do a SF for sure as well.

soomaal
Aug 19th, 2007, 01:40 PM
1. Venus Williams
2. Justine Henin
3. Maria Sharapova
4. Ana Ivanovic
5. Jelena Jankovic

Sorry Serena but I just don't think she will be ready enough for the Open. Kuznetsova has just returned, anna Chakv won't make it past Semi-final AS YET. And the rest are below par for the Open I'm afraid.

FrOzon
Aug 19th, 2007, 01:47 PM
1. Justine Henin
2. Serena Williams
3. Maria Sharapova
4. Ana Ivanovic
5. Jelena Jankovc

shirley
Aug 19th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Justine
Venus
Ana
Maria
Jelena

AcesHigh
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:04 PM
I don't see Henin defeating a Williams sister OR Sharapova on these courts. This is her worst surface and if it took her 3 sets to beat a one-handed Serena, she's not going to beat an in-form Venus or Serena here.

That being said, she could possibly avoid those three and then I think she has a great shot of winning. It's sad, but there are only a few players that have the confidence, game and know-how to defeat Henin. Sharapova, Mauresmo, Venus and Serena are the only players I believe can beat Henin right now..and only when they're playing well. On the other hand, those four players could lose to anyone on a bad day.

HammerGirl
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Justine
Serena
Jelena
Venus
Anna
Nadia

AcesHigh
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:06 PM
1. Maria Sharapova
2. Venus Williams
3. Justine Henin
4. Svetlana Kuznetsova
5. Ana Ivanovic

(I didn't put Serena in because, as far as I know, she's still injured)

iWill
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Henin
Venus
Sharapova
Ivanovic
Jankovic

Then Serena not saying she can't win this but I really wanted to see her play in New Haven so she could get that warm-up and the fact that she didnt makes me think she isn't ready now and won't be ready when the USO starts and I have a feeling that after the USO she prolly won't play too many more events this year either

zons
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Justine
Janković
Sharapova
Ivanović
Serena

1.HENIN
2.JANKOVIC :inlove:

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Honestly I see only 3 contenders at USO:
Sharapova, Henin, Venus. And Venus is under big question.

alias
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Sharapova
Henin
Ivanovic
Venus
KuznetsovaDarkhorse: Jankovic, Chaky, Bartoli:angel:

I think Serena will pull out...

Serena-rules-no1
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Serena has no chance, gravity wont allow her

AcesHigh
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Honestly I see only 3 contenders at USO:
Sharapova, Henin, Venus. And Venus is under big question.

I think the biggest question for Venus is...can she make the second week? If so, I'd give her a great chance of winning.

I think for Sharapova, it's the serve.. will it hold up? If it does, I think she's the favorite as defending champ.

I'm sure Henin will bring her A game.. it's just a matter of will anyone be able to raise their level and stop her.

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I think the biggest question for Venus is...can she make the second week? If so, I'd give her a great chance of winning.

yes, that's what I think too.

ce
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Henin,Sharapova,Jankovic,Ivanovic,Serena

patch.
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:45 PM
(Reverse Order)

Ivanovic

Sharapova

Henin

One of the Williams Sisters

DEMENTIEVA

hopefully :p

chloe-l
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Justine,Venus,Sharapova.............Jelena.