PDA

View Full Version : New Haven Q2R: Raluca Olaru d. (5) Karin Knapp 6-4 7-6(2)

Derek.
Aug 18th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Great job, Ralu! :D :banana:

But of course, there was drama. :p

Raluca led 6-4 4-*2, but of course lost the lead and Knapp led 5-*4 with 2 SPs on Raluca's serve. Then Raluca saved another SP at 5*-6 to force a TB and jumped out to an early lead in the tiebreak.

Natash.
Aug 18th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Raluca + drama = :hearts:

At least it wasn't as dramatic as your match with Iveta. :o

FORZA SARITA
Aug 18th, 2007, 06:04 PM
nice choke Karin :hatoff:

Dexter
Aug 18th, 2007, 06:04 PM
:yeah:

Qualify please!

jonny84
Aug 18th, 2007, 06:08 PM
:eek:

Thought Karin would win here, but well done Raluca!

Leo_DFP
Aug 18th, 2007, 06:14 PM
A year ago next week my friend and I saw Knapp on the subway (7 train) going to USO qualies with her coach. At the time we didn't know who she was and thought her coach looked more like a pro player than she did, but then we saw a bit of her Q3 match which she lost. She's had a pretty solid year since then with a bunch of main draw wins and I will have to look for her next week again. :)

FORZA SARITA
Aug 18th, 2007, 06:19 PM
A year ago next week my friend and I saw Knapp on the subway (7 train) going to USO qualies with her coach. At the time we didn't know who she was and thought her coach looked more like a pro player than she did, but then we saw a bit of her Q3 match which she lost. She's had a pretty solid year since then with a bunch of main draw wins and I will have to look for her next week again. :)

she's in MD so i don't know if you can see her next week :p

Leo_DFP
Aug 18th, 2007, 06:20 PM
she's in MD so i don't know if you can see her next week :p

Haha yeah I realized she's gotten her ranking high enough to qualify directly for the Open, but I figured I'd probably see her practicing at some point now that she's out of New Haven.

oreot23
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:24 AM
i ball kid this match it was full of drama . Idk why but in a sense Olaru seemed to much for Knapp during some points in the match. When Olaru made errors or double faults, thats wen Knapp would creep in. It was soo long but a great match . I've done both her qualies match && she's shown great heart in both.

Derek.
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:31 AM
i ball kid this match it was full of drama . Idk why but in a sense Olaru seemed to much for Knapp during some points in the match. When Olaru made errors or double faults, thats wen Knapp would creep in. It was soo long but a great match . I've done both her qualies match && she's shown great heart in both.

Yep, Raluca is an amazing fighter. :)

The Kaz
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:26 AM
WD Ioana :yeah:

Hellion
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Raluca :bounce: :bounce: good luck next round !

Vlad Tepes
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Ralu :banana: :bounce: :yeah: Now get in the MD!

CooCooCachoo
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Karin :(