PDA

View Full Version : Serena vs Venus at us open

cook29
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:56 PM
There is a very good chance that serna will face venus in teh 4th round at the open.Serena will be seeded 8th and venus 12th which means there is 25% chance of then meeting in the last 16.If you look at the draws of the past 4 years, in three of the years the 8th seed has met the 12th seed in the last 16.

I really hope that this will not be the case but typically i would not be surprised if venus met seena in the last 16 and then the winner played justine henin.It would not surprise me if they were all in the same quarter.

venus and serena always seem to be placed in the same quarter when it is possible.

Slutiana
Aug 18th, 2007, 05:20 PM
yep and remember all the similarities of this year with 05? remember, they met in the 4th RD in 05 also

Sir Stefwhit
Aug 18th, 2007, 06:12 PM
For the last few years I always had this sense of dread for Serena if they did happen to meet one another, but this year is different. This time around I say bring it on. I had a bad feeling for Serena in Miami a couple years back and I had a bad feeling at the Open. I hope my feelings are an indicator of things cuz if they are it's bad news for Venus this time around. Although it's possible they could meet in the round of 16 at this years Open, at both Roland Garros and Wimby they had the possibility of meeting much earlier in the tournament so it's getting better for them. Just for nostalgia's sake, it would be nice to get one more all Williams final and what better place than the US Open.

Simplicity.
Aug 18th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Yes.....25% is a veeeeery good chance :rolleyes:

Also you do know the draw is random, they dont choose where they put them.