PDA

View Full Version : The second Toronto SF

StZox
Aug 18th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Why is the second SF so late giving an eventual finalist a lot less time to rest before the final?

frenchie
Aug 18th, 2007, 01:48 PM
To make sure Henin will win the final

the same happened in SD with Anna C

416_Man
Aug 18th, 2007, 01:50 PM
TV.

Frankly, the Toronto final should be played at night. That's the only time the stands are more than 1/4 full.

Hashim.
Aug 18th, 2007, 01:50 PM
:(

stupid organisers

goldenlox
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:02 PM
ESPN wants a slam winner on tv, and they only show one semi.
It's the same reason Sharapova had so many advantages in SD.

njtennis11
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:52 PM

ESPN is showing Golovin vs. Jankovic delayed at 10 PM.

cellophane
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:54 PM
No worries, I think Jelena will win pretty handily, so she'll have lots of energy for tomorrow.

jonny84
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:29 PM
It is just the way it goes I suppose. Unfair on some players, but the tournaments are thinking of all those Canadians wanting a Saturday night out at the tennis. And I'm thinking that Jankvoic vs Golovin will be more of a premium match than Henin vs Yan (although the way Yan has been playing I could be wrong); so they have stuck the premium match where they maybe guranteed more turnouts in the stands.

faboozadoo15
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:34 PM

The SAME? First off, that was a quarterfinal, and most thought Venus would win easily to set up the match with Maria.

cecilija
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:37 PM

:haha:

Didn't Justine play at night yesterday? Today early, so they want to make sure Zi is in the final?

schorsch
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:46 PM
because they want to make day sessions and night sessions to get more money. $$$$$$

Wiggly
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:49 PM
It's like that everywhere in America.

Look, Justine played the night session yesterday and now play s the day session. Vice-versa for Jelena.

Leo_DFP
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:52 PM

But we get to see Golovin/Jankovic SF, and not boring ass Henin/Yan. :D

franny
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:55 PM

Yea...because the organizers really wanted to favor Maria over Venus, who clearly draws in more viewers and fans. The organizers made the schedule BEFORE the ana-Venus match was even over. Get over it. It has nothing to do with favoring a player. It has everything to do with wanting the prime match-up on TV. Espn had the day spot. You think they would have given up the chance of Venus-Maria?