PDA

View Full Version : My "happy" thought about Ranking and US Open Seedings

darkangel23
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Don't get me wrong I hate Petrova, but with her QF in Toronto she will surpass Serena Williams (who I hate even more) in the Rankings at Monday and will be New No.8

And THIS means though the seedings will be taken from the rankings next monday that Serena won't be seeded into Top 8 :bounce:

And THIS means she could face someone big already in the 4r like Masha or Justine :drool: I'd hope Masha would finally beat her again and take some revenge for the two losses in 2007!

darkangel23
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Oh damn it and NOW I realized that Momo withdrew!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO F***ing lucky B**** Serena

Bruno71
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:04 AM
"Happy" thought...Mauresmo has pulled out of the US Open, thus bumping everyone up one. Have a nice day. :wavey:

darkangel23
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Oh nooo I just was so delighted but now....

arn
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:06 AM
I don't care where Serena is in the draw, as long as she's not in the quarter of Justine. That kind of match deserves at least a SF :)

Hashim.
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:12 AM
:awww::hug:

:rolleyes:

LShang
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Unfortunately they will be in the same quarter, if Serena plays...trust me
I don't care where Serena is in the draw, as long as she's not in the quarter of Justine. That kind of match deserves at least a SF :)

Cp6uja
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Ana :armed: and Serena :armed: from 5-8 seeds will back home atleast one 1-4 seed in QF...

s_j
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Don't seeded players 7 and 8 always have to play seeded players 1 and 2? If that is the case, Serena will either face Justine or Maria in the QFs... and it'll probably be Justine again 3rd time in a row!

Dexter
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Don't seeded players 7 and 8 always have to play seeded players 1 and 2? If that is the case, Serena will either face Justine or Maria in the QFs... and it'll probably be Justine again 3rd time in a row!:bs: They can play #3 or #4 in the QF as well.

tennnisfannn
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Don't get me wrong I hate Petrova, but with her QF in Toronto she will surpass Serena Williams (who I hate even more) in the Rankings at Monday and will be New No.8

And THIS means though the seedings will be taken from the rankings next monday that Serena won't be seeded into Top 8 :bounce:

And THIS means she could face someone big already in the 4r like Masha or Justine :drool: I'd hope Masha would finally beat her again and take some revenge for the two losses in 2007!
How thrilled you must have been when she arrived at the AO Ranked 81:lol:

Petersmiler
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Oh damn it and NOW I realized that Momo withdrew!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO F***ing lucky B**** Serena

Why so much hatred?

And besides, I suspect that if Serena is uninjured it'll be the top seeds who are worried, not her. (Except Justine of course!)

darkangel23
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:02 AM
How thrilled you must have been when she arrived at the AO Ranked 81:lol:

With every victory I got more and more pissed! Specially vs. Petrova and then Peer and then Vaidisova, and the final I knew that she's gonna win it

darkangel23
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Why so much hatred?

And besides, I suspect that if Serena is uninjured it'll be the top seeds who are worried, not her. (Except Justine of course!)

Yes but if she would've been seeded like 10th she could face Justine in 4r and go out :D

silverwhite
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Oh nooo I just was so delighted but now....

With every victory I got more and more pissed! Specially vs. Petrova and then Peer and then Vaidisova, and the final I knew that she's gonna win it

:haha: :haha:

Mileen
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I'd hope Masha would finally beat her again and take some revenge for the two losses in 2007!

Why would she need to take revenge when she was just the lesser player?

mb011
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:22 AM

how can you say that you "hate" someone you don't even know? you can say you don't like her, or her aditude, or her game style, or even her life style, but to say you hate someone you'd have to know them in person first, and then he/she should have done something bad to you :( besides this thread is pontless, as Serena's participation is still in doubt, plus she came to AO ranked 81, and look what happened. and yes, I am NOT a fan of Serena!

jonny84
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:25 AM
With Serena, seeding is relevant. Just look at Miami and Australia this year. Whoever she faced she beat!

Justine just stood in her way at the French and Wimbledon.

rockstar
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:38 AM
:bs: They can play #3 or #4 in the QF as well.

not sure about the other tournaments, but in the slams, isnt it usually 1 and 2 plays 7 and 8. with 3 and 4 against 5 and 6...

freeandlonely
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:59 AM
:bs: They can play #3 or #4 in the QF as well.

So...
1~8 VS 25~32 / 9~16 VS 17~24
1~4 VS 13~16 / 5~8 VS 9~12
1~4 VS 5~8
1 or 2 VS 3 or 4
1 VS 2

Is that right?(If higher seeds shuold advance)
Thanks for answering.Never be sure of it...

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:33 AM
thou doth hateth much :smash:

Matt01
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:44 AM
not sure about the other tournaments, but in the slams, isnt it usually 1 and 2 plays 7 and 8. with 3 and 4 against 5 and 6...

No, it isn't.

Goai
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:47 AM
But consolation for you is that there is a chance she'll meet Venus in round 4 who would probably beat her.

Slutiana
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:56 AM
aww poor you :awww:

Chunchun
Aug 18th, 2007, 12:00 PM
:weirdo:

darkangel23
Aug 18th, 2007, 12:38 PM
how can you say that you "hate" someone you don't even know? you can say you don't like her, or her aditude, or her game style, or even her life style, but to say you hate someone you'd have to know them in person first, and then he/she should have done something bad to you :( besides this thread is pontless, as Serena's participation is still in doubt, plus she came to AO ranked 81, and look what happened. and yes, I am NOT a fan of Serena!

I don't need an education thank you! I say what I think and I don't care if it's politically, conversationally or formally incorrect! I said what I've said and I stand up for it! "Don't like" for me is the longer the more polite version of "hate"! Just that we're clear

Donatello
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:49 PM
I don't need an education thank you!

well... you do because

I say what I think and I don't care if it's politically, conversationally or formally incorrect!

vadin124
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:22 PM

Top 2 Seeds Wimbledon 2006 Projected Quarterfinal Opponents
(1) Mauresmo vs. (6) V Williams
(2) Clijsters vs. (5) Kuznetsova

JeremySun
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Ban the troll. Yawn.

Hantu515
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:34 PM
You were wrong from the first place darkangel Serena at #9 would've have drawn a top 4 player in the 4R. she would've drawn a 5-8. so she would've played Kuznetsova,Chakvetadze,Petrova or Mauresmo. and then had the chance against a top 4 in the QF.

darkangel23
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:34 PM
well... you do because

I did NOT insult someone! So don't accuse me as if I had deeply insuted Petrova or Serena. I'm not a person who just says what everyone could possibly like. My opinion is what counts for me. If I don't like someone I speak it out, may it be Petrova, S.Williams or the president of the United States

JeremySun
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I did NOT insult someone! I'm not a person who just says what everyone could possibly like. My opinion is what counts for me. If I don't like someone I speak it out, may it be Petrova, S.Williams or the president of the United States

You say 1 bad word about the president of USA and I assure you will spend a long time behind bars. :)

Mikey B
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:39 PM
you cant predict a draw, what happens happens and you've just got to hope and believe YOUR favourite player can handle whoever os thrown at them...

darkangel23
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:42 PM
You say 1 bad word about the president of USA and I assure you will spend a long time behind bars. :)

I will? :D

See, a person who says what he thinks is afterwards hated

JeremySun
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:45 PM
I will? :D

See, a person who says what he thinks is afterwards hated

A person who hates can only be hated upon. It's called the action-reaction principle. In other words, treat others the way you want others to treat you. :)

supergrunt
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:51 PM
hate is a strong word :(

JeremySun
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:57 PM

Exactly. As much as Maria annoys me, I can only say I "dislike" her. As a human being, we should not hate others. :)

moon
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:22 PM

you got too much time on your hands.....:help:
go out and get some fresh air!

Leo_DFP
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:42 PM

Get with the program. They changed the seeding/draw system so that #9 never plays #1 or #2 in the R16. But she could get one of them in QF.

Leo_DFP
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:48 PM

especially because we don't know these people personally at all.

alexia1huff
Aug 18th, 2007, 07:22 PM

did i just meet my soul mate :hearts: :lol: !!!!

Bijoux0021
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Why so much hatred?

Justine not worried about Serena? I don't think so! Serena was battling 2 injuries at this year's Wimbledon. In addition, Justine's coach was coaching her throughout the match against Serena, yet Justine was scared to death. Justine herself has admitted how much emtionally that match took from her. Even if she faces an unhealthy Serena again, she'll still be worried.

darkangel23
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Exactly. As much as Maria annoys me, I can only say I "dislike" her. As a human being, we should not hate others. :)

But I never said I hate her as a person, because I don't know her. OK Just let me :D Let me hate other as players! Why is everybody freaking out about one single word? :confused:

darkangel23
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:27 PM
did i just meet my soul mate :hearts: :lol: !!!!

Obviously yes!! Nice to meet you soulmate!

Petersmiler
Aug 19th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Justine not worried about Serena? I don't think so! Serena was battling 2 injuries at this year's Wimbledon. In addition, Justine's coach was coaching her throughout the match against Serena, yet Justine was scared to death. Justine herself has admitted how much emtionally that match took from her. Even if she faces an unhealthy Serena again, she'll still be worried.

You may think so.

I do not.

austennis
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Goodlukc Serena hope u and venus make sf