Q.
Q.
Q.
Q.
WC.

OZTENNIS
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Singles Draw

(1) T. Calderwood (AUS) vs. A. Richardson (AUS)
N. Petaia (SAM) vs. I. Golder (NZL)
A. Guthrie (NZL) vs. H. Sheahan (AUS)
(7) E. Searl (AUS) vs. T. Hamel (NZL)

(3) S. Peers (AUS) vs. A. Hazelman (FIJ)
Z. Leamana (SOL) vs. V. Stuckey (AUS)
S. Adams (NZL) vs. M. Arriola (NMI)
(6) J. Cuthbertson (AUS) vs. O. Rich (AUS)

(8) J. Hopper (AUS) vs. S. Kriakopoulos (AUS)
S. Henderson (NZL) vs. C. Te Tai (NZL)
A. Herewini (NZL) vs. M. Vriens (AUS)
(4) K. Blake (AUS) vs. L. Godinet (ASA)

(5) S. Wiltshire (AUS) vs. C. Anspach (AUS)
A. Tere-Apisah (PNG) vs. S. Carruthers (SAM)
N. Ferguson (AUS) vs. A. Harris (NZL)
(2) I. Holland (AUS) vs. C. Morris (AUS)

OZTENNIS
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:12 AM
GOOD LUCK TO:
- (1) Tyra Calderwood (AUS)
- (2) Isabella Holland (AUS)
- (3) Sally Peers (AUS)
- Olivia Rich (AUS)

Dani12
Aug 18th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Isabella should win this. Although she has had some injury problems, yeah? Good luck anyway, also to Calderwood, Searl, Peers, Rich and Cuthbertson.

OZTENNIS
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Isabella should win this. Although she has had some injury problems, yeah? Good luck anyway, also to Calderwood, Searl, Peers, Rich and Cuthbertson.

I'm not sure if she's had injuries or just illnesses...

1st Rd Results

(1) T. Calderwood (AUS) def. A. Richardson (AUS) 6-4, 6-1 :)
N. Petaia (SAM) def. I. Golder (NZL) 4-6, 6-3, 6-2
H. Sheahan (AUS) def. A. Guthrie (NZL) 6-4, 6-2
(7) E. Searl (AUS) def. T. Hamel (NZL) 6-1, 6-4

(3) S. Peers (AUS) def. A. Hazelman (FIJ) 6-0, 6-0 :D
V. Stuckey (AUS) def. Z. Leamana (SOL) 6-1, 6-0
S. Adams (NZL) def. M. Arriola (NMI) 7-5, 6-1
O. Rich (AUS) def. (6) J. Cuthbertson (AUS) 7-6(4), 6-2 :eek: :cool:

(8) J. Hopper (AUS) def. S. Kriakopoulos (AUS) 6-2, 6-2
C. Te Tai (NZL) def. S. Henderson (NZL) 6-0, 6-0
M. Vriens (AUS) def. A. Herewini (NZL) 6-2, 6-1
(4) K. Blake (AUS) def. L. Godinet (ASA) 6-0, 6-0

(5) S. Wiltshire (AUS) def. C. Anspach (AUS) 6-0, 6-1
A. Tere-Apisah (PNG) def. S. Carruthers (SAM) 6-4, 7-5
A. Harris (NZL) def. N. Ferguson (AUS) 6-1, 6-2
(2) I. Holland (AUS) def. C. Morris (AUS) 6-1, 6-0 :worship: <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

tobi
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Tyra should win this but I think Isabella will end up winning.

kittyking
Aug 20th, 2007, 03:44 AM
No strong kiwi juniors atm :tears:

Drake1980
Aug 20th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Go Amelia:D

OZTENNIS
Aug 20th, 2007, 10:00 AM
2nd Rd Results

(1) T. Calderwood (AUS) def. N. Petaia (SAM) 7-5, 6-2 :)
H. Sheahan (AUS) def. (7) E. Searl (AUS) 3-6, 6-4, 7-5
(3) S. Peers (AUS) def. V. Stuckey (AUS) 6-3, 6-1 :)
O. Rich (AUS) def. S. Adams (NZL) 6-0, 6-3 :woohoo:

(8) J. Hopper (AUS) def. C. Te Tai (NZL) 6-1, 6-1 :yeah:
M. Vriens (AUS) def. (4) K. Blake (AUS) 4-6, 6-3, 6-1 :eek:
(5) S. Wiltshire (AUS) def. A. Tere-Apisah 6-3, 6-2
(2) I. Holland (AUS) def. A. Harris (NZL) 6-3, 3-6, 6-0 ;)

OZTENNIS
Aug 20th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Just thought I'd let kittyking know that the quarter finalists are ALL AUSTRALIANS :cool: :devil: :woohoo: :yeah: :banana:

CAN'T WAIT TO HERE WHAT HE HAS TO SAY...

kittyking
Aug 20th, 2007, 11:42 AM
WELL DONE HARRIET!!!! YOUR SUCH A SWEET LIL GIRL I HOPE THAT YOU WIN HERE!!!!!!!

As for the kiwis - grow up! Get more serious!!! In the past few years we have had 3 absolutely stunning juniors in the way of Marina Erakovic, Sacha Jones and Ellen Barry - its a growing tradition now train harder and get yourself more mentally fit! We have alot of 12 year olds who are winning titles atm, also Katherine Westbury is doing well - They could all beat the rest of you 15-18 year olds!!!!! Angry Angry Angry

OZTENNIS
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:00 PM
WELL DONE HARRIET!!!! YOUR SUCH A SWEET LIL GIRL I HOPE THAT YOU WIN HERE!!!!!!!

As for the kiwis - grow up! Get more serious!!! In the past few years we have had 3 absolutely stunning juniors in the way of Marina Erakovic, Sacha Jones and Ellen Barry - its a growing tradition now train harder and get yourself more mentally fit! We have alot of 12 year olds who are winning titles atm, also Katherine Westbury is doing well - They could all beat the rest of you 15-18 year olds!!!!! Angry Angry Angry

:p :tape: :tape: :lol:

kittyking
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:58 AM
Who are all these young players who can beat the 15 - 18 year olds?

The ones that come off the top of my head are;
Katherine Westbury: Shes already a fairly smart player around the court, but in the next few years she just needs to fix that Canterbury Curse (a terrible backhand) and increase the power on most of her shots.
Tanya Samodelok: Recently won the Lapperre Young Champions Cup, I havent actually seen her play but apparantly shes got a fairly good all around game already.
Emily Fanning: Recently won the 74th Annual Glen Iris Championship for 14 and under (shes 12)
Briar Preston: I still have alot of hope for this girl, shes young and could definately be a star of the future

Im not saying that these four girls would definately beat the 15-18 year olds, but well after some of their performances this year who knows :tape:

The point I make is that I dont think that Chelsea, Amelia, Abigail or Sarah have committed themselves enough to become top juniors and they show little hope for the future past that. They seem to have wasted the opportunities they were given when the likes of Marina, Sacha and Ellen all pushed themselves extremely hard and have all now got solid platforms to become top 100 players, possibly even a bit higher.

OZTENNIS
Aug 21st, 2007, 07:41 AM
Quarter Final Results

(1) T. Calderwood (AUS) def. H. Sheahan (AUS) W/O inj.
(3) S. Peers (AUS) def. O. Rich (AUS) 7-5, 6-3
(8) J. Hopper (AUS) def. M. Vriens (AUS) 6-2, 6-3
(2) I. Holland (AUS) def. (5) S. Wiltshire (AUS) 6-3, 6-0 :)

kittyking
Aug 21st, 2007, 11:26 AM
Omg no! Poor Harriet!!!! Can someone please find out what sort of injury she has and how long she will be out for! Shes such a sweet girl its awful that shes injured! Aw can someone please update me!

OZTENNIS
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:57 AM
Semi Final Results

(3) Sally PEERS (AUS) def. (1) Tyra CALDERWOOD (AUS) 6-1, 6-2 :eek: :mad: but :yeah:
(2) Isabella HOLLAND (AUS) def. (8) Jade HOPPER (AUS) 3-6, 6-1, 6-1 :)

kittyking
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Thats strange, but we all know that Tyra has off days - shes still very cool and has a future ahead of her

I dont think that anyone could stop Isabella and I reckon she will win tomorrows final very comfortably, hopefully tennis australia will take notice and take it into consideration for who can play for a md wildcard to next years australian open (I know its a long way off but winning titles like these are impressive)

OZTENNIS
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:21 AM
Thats strange, but we all know that Tyra has off days - shes still very cool and has a future ahead of her

I dont think that anyone could stop Isabella and I reckon she will win tomorrows final very comfortably, hopefully tennis australia will take notice and take it into consideration for who can play for a md wildcard to next years australian open (I know its a long way off but winning titles like these are impressive)

I do to, I would love to see Izzy in the AO MD (especially considering I am going :bounce:) Besides, who else would TA give 5 wildcards to? Adamczak, Ferguson, Wheeler, Moore and Izzy??

OZTENNIS
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:19 AM
Girls Singles Final:

(2) Isabella HOLLAND (AUS) def. (3) Sally PEERS (AUS) 6-4, 3-6, 6-1 :woohoo: :cool: :angel:

Congratulations Isabella Holland on capturing your second career ITF Junior Girl's singles title!! This has been a great week for you, and I hope that you can take that form on to the US Open Juniors...good luck :kiss:

It was also a good week for you Sally, you also had some great results and pushed Isabella in the final...:hug:

OZTENNIS
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:24 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>F
</TD><TD><NOBR>(1) Holland/Peers d. (2) Calderwood/Hopper </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>6-0;6-1</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> SF </TD><TD><NOBR>(2) Calderwood/Hopper d. Richardson/Wiltshire </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>6-3;6-4</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> SF </TD><TD><NOBR>(1) Holland/Peers d. Searl/Tere-Apisah </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>6-3;6-1</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> QF </TD><TD><NOBR>(2) Calderwood/Hopper d. Carruthers/Petaia </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>6-4;6-0</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> QF </TD><TD><NOBR>Richardson/Wiltshire d. Golder/Herewini </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>6-1;6-0</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> QF </TD><TD><NOBR>Searl/Tere-Apisah d. (4) Cuthbertson/Ferguson </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>6-1;6-1</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> QF </TD><TD><NOBR>(1) Holland/Peers d. Harris/Te Tai </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>6-2;6-2</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> 16 </TD><TD><NOBR>(2) Calderwood/Hopper d. Morris/Vriens </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>6-1;6-3</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> 16 </TD><TD><NOBR>Carruthers/Petaia d. Arriola/Godinet </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>6-0;6-1</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> 16 </TD><TD><NOBR>Golder/Herewini d. (3) Blake/Sheahan </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>1-6;5-4 Ret (inj)</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> 16 </TD><TD><NOBR>Richardson/Wiltshire d. Rich/Stuckey </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>7-5;7-6(4)</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> 16 </TD><TD><NOBR>Searl/Tere-Apisah d. Adams/Hamel </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>6-0;6-1</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> 16 </TD><TD><NOBR>(4) Cuthbertson/Ferguson d. Anspach/Kyriakopoulos </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>Wo (ill)</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> 16 </TD><TD><NOBR>Harris/Te Tai d. Hazelman/Leamana </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>6-0;6-0</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> 16 </TD><TD><NOBR>(1) Holland/Peers d. Guthrie/Henderson </NOBR></TD><TD width="100%"><NOBR>6-4;6-3</NOBR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:18 AM
Izzy :worship: :woohoo:

Victory and singles and doubles! :yeah: :dance:

Tyra :o :sad:

kittyking
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:02 AM
Congrats Isabella, I may be going to Aussie Open next year too (although not sure as im going to Australia in early December too...)

Can someone please update me on Harriets condition, shes an ultra sweet girl and im really sad :tears:

tobi
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:07 PM
Congrats Isabella ;)

federer atw
Aug 31st, 2007, 09:44 AM
Congrats Isabella, I may be going to Aussie Open next year too (although not sure as im going to Australia in early December too...)

Can someone please update me on Harriets condition, shes an ultra sweet girl and im really sad :tears:

Harriet smacked her L3 (part of her spine) on a pole in Fiji whilst playing doubles the afternoon after she beat elizabeth searl. She was taken to hospital and cleared of any major damage but apparently it was a pretty devastating blow. I was in Fiji at the time and I came out to watch a bit of the tennis and she was amazing. John tomic was saying she was his bet for the tournament. she was amazing to watch-all the coaches were singing her praises. I heard she was selected on a team to compete in europe. They're in Hungary at the moment-she had to pull out of the first tournament but she will be okay for the rest of the tour. I hope she does well over there, she is one of the most down to earth players-I was just a local at the tournament and everyday she said hello with a smile on her face-i hear she is the hardest worker of the aus team, none of the coaches would stop talking about her! geese. but i think we've got a great player in the ranks here.

kittyking
Aug 31st, 2007, 10:09 AM
Harriet smacked her L3 (part of her spine) on a pole in Fiji whilst playing doubles the afternoon after she beat elizabeth searl. She was taken to hospital and cleared of any major damage but apparently it was a pretty devastating blow. I was in Fiji at the time and I came out to watch a bit of the tennis and she was amazing. John tomic was saying she was his bet for the tournament. she was amazing to watch-all the coaches were singing her praises. I heard she was selected on a team to compete in europe. They're in Hungary at the moment-she had to pull out of the first tournament but she will be okay for the rest of the tour. I hope she does well over there, she is one of the most down to earth players-I was just a local at the tournament and everyday she said hello with a smile on her face-i hear she is the hardest worker of the aus team, none of the coaches would stop talking about her! geese. but i think we've got a great player in the ranks here.

Thankyou for that! (I was worried that everyone had forgotten about her :sad: )

Very sad to hear about the pole

I remember watching the first match I saw her in, it was in the first round qualies here in Christchurch against some Asian girl. There wasnt much of a crowd (tho it was a G4 junior event), but Harriet didnt care she was out there to have fun and win and she did both :)

I have to make her a fan thread I've decided, I'm not sure if she'll actually take tennis too far or not (plenty drop out before the end of juniors) but well heres hoping

federer atw
Aug 31st, 2007, 10:52 AM
i think she will do a lot with her tennis-apparently when she was in NZ she was really sick (glangeler fever, someone said she had no strength and played woefully) but she has risen to 277 ITF in the space of 3 months, and won 3 ITF title as well. i was watching her practising with isabella and sally and she was beating isabella-she could've won that tournament. she's a fighter you know-had a really tough year in 2006- but bounced back. when she was playing her R16 in Fiji b2 she was 6-3, 5-1 (40-15) down and won it 3-6, 7-6,7-5. All the TA coaches were so impressed, and she had the biggest crowd there. No joke she was serving it down around 110 miles. She's so tough-doesn't give anything away-and her forehand is huge (backhand is solid but not as big of a weapon) she has awesome volleys (has 2 doubles itf titles) and I know Jason Stoltenburg is wanting to work with her. She'll be playing junior Aus open so hopefully i can come over for that to watch her.

emm.a
Feb 1st, 2009, 10:18 AM
harriet sheahan, she is one cool kid to be quite honest.

that girl, is going to go somewhere in the near future, she wants it bad enough