PDA

View Full Version : Early Nostalgia For Hingis

faboozadoo15
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:44 AM
I miss her already. When she's not in the later rounds, it seems like she wasn't even there to begin with. I can't believe how quickly this year went downhill for her after great early success. I really hope she has some encouraging results and SOON. I'd love to see her play the YEC again in her beloved middle east. It's almost surely not happening, however, as she'd need to make up 500 pts on the #8 player (unless there are pullouts). Barring a miracle at the US Open (where she really has a lot to gain), a HOT indoors season (not impossible), and a pullout or two, Hingis will not make the YEC and will not end the year in the top 10.

Will she continue? What's next for her. Fans weigh in.

Polikarpov
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:50 AM
I share the same sentiments. I'm hoping that she would regain her form and start winning matches again.

I'm really hoping for the best for Martina in the US Open and the indoor season.

Hingie
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:55 AM
I miss her already. When she's not in the later rounds, it seems like she wasn't even there to begin with. I can't believe how quickly this year went downhill for her after great early success. I really hope she has some encouraging results and SOON. I'd love to see her play the YEC again in her beloved middle east. It's almost surely not happening, however, as she'd need to make up 500 pts on the #8 player (unless there are pullouts). Barring a miracle at the US Open (where she really has a lot to gain), a HOT indoors season (not impossible), and a pullout or two, Hingis will not make the YEC and will not end the year in the top 10.

Will she continue? What's next for her. Fans weigh in.

Yes not having her in quarters, semis and finals seems very weird.

If i am to be honest, i have up until this point had a lot of faith in Hingis' ability. She can hit every shot in the book and is smart... but, without confidence her game just is not effective.

I haven't seen the last few Tour matches she's played but even early this year, I didn't see a lot to get excited about. I feel as though the girl who thought she was better than everyone, who went for the lines and won with precision has gone.

Many posters on this board feel as though the women's game has just passed her by but she hasn't even been playing to 50% of her capacity and if she played with conviction, i have no doubt she would be near the top once again.

I'm not too sure how the breakup with Radek will effect her. Hopefully she can focus more on her tennis but i really think she needs to get a coach and get serious again. The problem is, that she is one stubborn woman and i really don't think she has adjusted her game as much as she needs to. Even though i don't like her, i really respect Henin as she continues to work on her game, she's one of the greatest fighters and wants it... Hingis i just don't feel does at this point.

Nothing would make me happier than her proving me wrong though.

faboozadoo15
Aug 18th, 2007, 05:21 AM
I think the breakup will do her the world of good, given she has her health. It'll make her hungrier and excited for her matches.

FrOzon
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:29 AM
I'd love to see her play the YEC again in her beloved middle east.

Middle east?? It'll be in Madrid! ;)