PDA

View Full Version : Yan's Rank Will Skyrocket From 169 To At Least 78 After Defeats of RG and W Finalists

pierce0415
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:20 PM
91 spots in the rankings :woohoo:
I can't think of the last time that someone rose more spots :confused:

no more qualifying draws at Grand Slams, Tier III and Tier IV :drive:

jonny84
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Thats great for Zi Yan and well deserved.

Derek.
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:24 PM
She deserves it. :)

thetennisutopian
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Yes that is a huge jump. I hope can she can get through Henin and make it an even bigger jump.

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Great, I just hope she plays more singles now. She has such incredible potential.

pierce0415
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Great, I just hope she plays more singles now. She has such incredible potential.

cello
please upload the match for us :bowdown:

LeRoy.
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:28 PM
where has this girl been? why was she only playing doubles and not concentrating more on singles ?

LindsayRulz
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:29 PM
She has amazing groundstrokes. She was in total control of the match today.

njnetswill
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:29 PM
What about Clijsters after winning Indian Wells?

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:30 PM
cello
please upload the match for us :bowdown:

I only have it on videotape and don't have any stuff for video capturing unfortunately, so I can't do it myself. I might get it transferred to DVD, but it costs some, so I don't know when... We'll see... hopefully someone else has actually recorded it... if not I could send someone with the equipment the tape.

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:31 PM
where has this girl been? why was she only playing doubles and not concentrating more on singles ?

Chinese federation? :o

In The Zone
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Zi Yan -- very impressive. Keep it up and take out Justine. :)

LeRoy.
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Chinese federation? :o

really ? are they retarded or something? :o :weirdo:

Hantu515
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:32 PM

She has to play USOpen qualifying yet this year:wavey:

Modiac.
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:33 PM

She needs to focus on doubles under the China's olympic stratage.:o
She once made another big jump in ranking when she won Guangzhou Tier 3 in 2005(from around 160 to 101),but she can seldom played singles match when her guangzhou pts were cut down,since she must follow her doubles partner Jie Zheng and the entire national team to play some higher tier tournaments.

Mana
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Great for her :D;)

I think Romina Oprandi jumped about 100 places in the rankings last year after Rome ;)

Bruno71
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:35 PM

A virtuoso performance this week from Zi, so this jump is well-deserved...I'm in awe. :worship:

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:35 PM

Um...Yes? :o

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Great for her :D;)

I think Romina Oprandi jumped about 100 places in the rankings last year after Rome ;)

from #133 to #95.

Mana
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:38 PM
from #133 to #95.

Oh ;)

LeRoy.
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:40 PM
She needs to focus on doubles under the China's olympic stratage.:o
She once made another big jump in ranking when she won Guangzhou Tier 3 in 2005(from around 160 to 101),but she can seldom played singles match when her guangzhou pts were cut down,since she must follow her doubles partner Jie Zheng and the entire national team to play some higher tier tournaments.

Thanks !

CTF = :weirdo: I hope she goes her own way from now on.

nadster
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:44 PM

At one time the Chinese fed had their national championships at the same time as Wimbledon.

Their tennis players weren't allowed to play at Wimbledon. Their national championships were to take precedence over Wimbledon.

It is only very recently that they opened up in that regard but you can see how players could be held back by the Chinese fed given this history.

Of course having the Olympics in China in 2008 would also force them to open up.

-sugi-
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Zi :worship: An amazing week for her :yeah:
Hopefully she can go all the way now

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:47 PM

Lucic, Srebotnik, Henin, Widjaja after winning the very first Tour events they competed. Of course Hingis after Australian Open 2006...

And Clijsters rose from #133 to #38 after IW-2005.

Modiac.
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:51 PM
At one time the Chinese fed had their national championships at the same time as Wimbledon.

Their tennis players weren't allowed to play at Wimbledon. Their national championships were to take precedence over Wimbledon.

Sadly it was not national championships.
It was the qualifying of national championships,and the last 16 qualified national championships in October 2005.:o :help:

njnetswill
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Nevermind.

Dexter
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Yay for Yan.

Bremen
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:54 PM
As a communist country China can tell it's players to do whatever it wants. Fun eh? Such a good idea to have the olympics there...

Dementieva_Dude
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I'm impressed by the way she plays...it's too bad for her that the Chinese Federation's strategy has (at least up to this point) held her back in singles.

thetennisutopian
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Maybe now after this, they'll see her potential and play her more.

LudwigDvorak
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:15 PM
I know Li made the 2006 Berlin and 2007 Indian Wells semifinals, but aside from those two times and Yan's Toronto semifinal, have any other Chinese players made a TI SF?

Modiac.
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I know Li made the 2006 Berlin and 2007 Indian Wells semifinals, but aside from those two times and Yan's Toronto semifinal, have any other Chinese players made a TI SF?

Peng,San Diego SF in 2005(defeating Clijsters.;) )

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Peng,San Diego SF in 2005(defeating Clijsters.;) )

I think Zi might be the best Chinese player of the lot or the one with the most potential. I've seen Peng, but she hasn't impressed me that much...although I've yet to see her win over Kim in San Diego. Na is too-hit-and-miss. Although, yes, it's only one tournament in which she is on, but Zi doesn't really play the kind of hit-and-miss tennis that someone who is on fire once a year would like Rezai. She doesn't need to play brainless tennis to overpower someone... she takes it so early and is places it so well...

Uranus
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Absolutely great for Zi :bounce:

Do your best tomorrow! :D

clonesheep
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:42 PM
That's good for Zi Yan.

There are many talented players from China but I am afraid their careers will be, or are already being, ruined by the Chinese Tennis Federation. Peng Shuai, Na Li, Tiantian Sun, Jie Zheng. The list goes on. Pretty soon, Zi Yan will be recalled back to China to play some tournaments she doesn't want to play.

darkangel23
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Zi Yan!! :bounce:

RonnieB33
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I remember when Kimiko Date came from nowhere to reach the finals at L.A. in 1991 only to lose to Seles. She went from #112 to #33.

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Zi, this is just great :worship:

RonnieB33
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Widjaja won Bali Tier III in 2001, moving her ranking from #579 to #148!! A 431-spot jump!

RonnieB33
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Hingis jumped from #349 to #117 after Aussie Open 2006 QF appearance.

Pengwin
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:19 PM
I agree, Zi actually plays intelligent tennis. Na/Peng I have been extremely disappointed by, especially when they go into turbo-error mode when they're losing.

When Zi faced adversity she just continued to attack and use angles and come into volley, entirely different to how Li Na would play those points :o

Viktymise
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:41 PM
I think Zi might be the best Chinese player of the lot or the one with the most potential. I've seen Peng, but she hasn't impressed me that much...although I've yet to see her win over Kim in San Diego. Na is too-hit-and-miss. Although, yes, it's only one tournament in which she is on, but Zi doesn't really play the kind of hit-and-miss tennis that someone who is on fire once a year would like Rezai. She doesn't need to play brainless tennis to overpower someone... she takes it so early and is places it so well...

I actually agree. Its not like she takes outrageous risks constantly and today looked equally if not better off the ground than Bartoli today, and Bartoli i thought started off playing some really good tennis. She takes the ball extremely early. She moves very well and has some good footwork around the net. She reads the game well and being such a good doubles player, she can volley competently. Her serve is uber solid and places it very well. I think her and Zheng are actually the best chinese players, to watch at least. Zheng is very underrated too, but when she's on she can mix it with the best. Li may be ranked the highest but her game is too inconsistent and muscle's the ball, she doesn't use great timing or anything like that and is too one-dimensional, has no plan B at all, although she does fight really hard sometimes, but doesn't really have that flair or excitement.

The Daviator
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:48 PM
She deserves it :yeah:

Dawn Marie
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:50 PM
I am impressed with Zi Yan. Too bad they have to be told what to do with their tennis skills.

jisung
Aug 18th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Zi have no points to defense in the remaining season, so she can make more progress in ranking, so please T50 or higher by the end ot the season

Pasta-Na
Aug 18th, 2007, 12:04 AM
top 50 pls :D

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 18th, 2007, 12:04 AM
I actually agree. Its not like she takes outrageous risks constantly and today looked equally if not better off the ground than Bartoli today, and Bartoli i thought started off playing some really good tennis. She takes the ball extremely early. She moves very well and has some good footwork around the net. She reads the game well and being such a good doubles player, she can volley competently. Her serve is uber solid and places it very well. I think her and Zheng are actually the best chinese players, to watch at least. Zheng is very underrated too, but when she's on she can mix it with the best. Li may be ranked the highest but her game is too inconsistent and muscle's the ball, she doesn't use great timing or anything like that and is too one-dimensional, has no plan B at all, although she does fight really hard sometimes, but doesn't really have that flair or excitement.

Agree with all that. I love how, while Zi hits the ball hard, her game is more about accuracy and placement than outright power. The way she hits the ball so it just skids over the net by the smallest of margins is very enjoyable to watch. Very stylish game. And yeah Zheng is good too. I like these two more than Peng, and certainly more than Li too. Zi is very cool indeed.

Pasta-Na
Aug 18th, 2007, 12:28 AM
na li- UE Queen, Shuai Peng- easy to get injured, zheng jie- pin's serve, tiantian sun- choker, yan zi, too skinny :angel:

Buitenzorg
Aug 18th, 2007, 12:32 AM
It a shame YAN still has to play qualifying round at USO :help:

jisung
Aug 18th, 2007, 12:38 AM
It a shame YAN still has to play qualifying round at USO :help:

so let the UO organizer give her a WC:lol:

Pasta-Na
Aug 18th, 2007, 12:43 AM
i think yan will play well in USO Q draw... earn some pts :p

alexia1huff
Aug 18th, 2007, 01:02 AM
she took over zjeng's role, is she heading for top 30?!! That would be impressive if both of them were in top 30-50 and top 10 doubles!!!

Pasta-Na
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:10 AM
yan played well last week too... lost two tough sets to razzano :p finally yan won many matches after qualified into MD :angel:

Pasta-Na
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:10 AM
hope she will get a good Q draw in USO :p

lovehotel
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Wow,I'm so proud of you zi
Now try your best to play a good match with justine!

tobi
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:05 AM
It is great and well deserved for her.

I enjoy watching her game.

Barrie_Dude
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:08 AM

no more qualifying draws at Grand Slams, Tier III and Tier IV :drive:That is correct!Top 100 do not have to qualify!:bounce:

Goai
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Where she deserves to be, and higher :)