PDA

View Full Version : Kuzy/Petro withdraws from Doubles again!

stefi62
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:00 PM
So Dechy/Sun win by Walk Over and qualifies for the semis where they'll meet either Black/Huber or Sfar/Foretz.

Source = wta tour website: http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/results/

goldenlox
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:04 PM
How can Nadia play now? She's playing Justine in 3 hours. She can't play a doubles match now.
Very unfair scheduling.

Ferosh
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:05 PM
They have never seemed like a serious team. I would rather have Nadia play with Vesnina.

Mana
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:09 PM
They have never seemed like a serious team. I would rather have Nadia play with Vesnina.

Nadia & Kuzzy will be the team to beat at the Olympics next year :drool:

AJZ.
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:10 PM
That's fine, it was bad scheduling, but again, Henin & Petrova was the best match and deserved to be the night match.

:shrug:

It's their prerogative to withdraw.

stefi62
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Nadia & Kuzzy will be the team to beat at the Olympics next year :drool:

The problem is they're too good in singles to go far in doubles! They withdrew three times this year so far I think (Paris GDF, here and ???)

Modiac.
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:12 PM
So Tiantian/Nathalie played only one match and get into SF. :eek:

thetennisutopian
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:13 PM
It's expected. Kuzy needs to take a few days to think about her wild forehand anyway.

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I'm glad. Dumbass scheduling again!

jonny84
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Poor Kuznetsova - hope her abdomonal strain heals for the US Open.

~Carsten~
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:20 PM
The problem is they're too good in singles to go far in doubles! They withdrew three times this year so far I think (Paris GDF, here and ???)

Berlin too

stefi62
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Berlin too

Yeah, that's it! Thanks Carsten! :wavey:

Megkiss!
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Nadia has to play with Meghann as they did in 2005 (as an example). By the way, they did it very well.

goldenlox
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Poor Kuznetsova - hope her abdomonal strain heals for the US Open.
Sveta is fine. She's on her way to New Haven

Dawn Marie
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Sveta's not fine. Goldenlox that match today was nuts! She should of won that in straights but went right off the boil! She lost her mental ability right there on the court???

Ceze
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:48 PM
So Tiantian/Nathalie played only one match and get into SF. :eek:like Molik/Santangelo. The seeds need only 2 matches to reach the SF anyway

Pasta-Na
Aug 18th, 2007, 12:29 AM
good for sun :p

Ellery
Aug 18th, 2007, 01:42 AM
If Nat and Tiantian lose in the semis, will they only get QF pts because their QF win was by walkover?

stefi62
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:43 AM
If Nat and Tiantian lose in the semis, will they only get QF pts because their QF win was by walkover?

No, actually it seems they'll get the points. On the contrary, Mara/Alicia would have gotten only 1 point if they had lost their quarters, because they had a bye in first round and a walk over in second. Which means they had not play yet...

From the rules "A player or a team who receives a walkover in any round except the 1st round after having played and won a match, shall be awarded Ranking points, for the walkover from their opponent." -> that's for Dechy/Sun's case

"If a player or a team receives a walkover in the first and there is no Alternate or LL to take the spot, of if a player or a team receives a walkover in a subsequent round without having played a match, the walkover will be treated as a bye for ranking data purpose." -> that's for Molik/Santangelo's case

Ellery
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:36 PM

die_wahrheit
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Doubles has no importance for the good players.
That's basic knowledge.

goldenlox
Aug 18th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Nadia and Sveta want to play together before the Olympics. But this doubles tournament meant nothing to them.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 18th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Nadia and Sveta want to play together before the Olympics. But this doubles tournament meant nothing to them.

Then don't play it. I can understand them wanting match practice before the Olympics, but whether it's Tier I singles or 10K doubles, you don't just pull out of a tournament when it suddenly becomes inconvenient for you.

goldenlox
Aug 18th, 2007, 05:48 PM
It becomes inconvenient when they schedule Sveta at 11 and Nadia at 730PM.
Give the players some respect.
All these tournaments care about is giving ESPN the match they want.
If they want Nadia/Sveta in doubles, give them a fair schedule.

stefi62
Aug 18th, 2007, 06:01 PM

They had a fair schedule in Paris in February but retired anyway... :wavey:

Wiggly
Aug 18th, 2007, 06:01 PM

Moscow sure always has a perfect schedule.
Sorry, but ESPN is more important that to make sure Petrova has the perfect schedule. She's not ... Sharapova.

goldenlox
Aug 18th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Sharapova ducked out of singles in Toronto. They only ducked out of doubles.