PDA

View Full Version : Serious Poll: Who Will Have The Best Career Between Bartoli, Golovin & Razzano?

pierce0415
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:14 PM
3 TALENTED YOUNG FRENCH PLAYERS WITH POWER GAMES

RAZZANO - ROLAND GARROS JUNIOR CHAMP ... on her wtatour profile, it says she enjoys having a good relationship with the other French players :speakles: and probably would not get caught in the feud between

GOLOVIN - TRANSPLANT FROM RUSSIA TO LYON TO MIAMI &

BARTOLI - MOST ACCOMPLISHED AT GRAND SLAM LEVEL

VOTE :p

selyoink
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Tati will. She may never equal Bartoli's Wimbledon result but her career will be better.

frenchie
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Bartoli

I don't see Tati reaching a GS final

*Joey*
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Razzano? :tape: :tape:

Tati will have the best career.
Hope the injuries are behind her now. :o

sfselesfan
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I like them all, but I don't see any of them reaching another slam final (given the stiff competition) unless they make serious strides. So I picked Bartoli.

SF

.:sk:.
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:37 PM
seriously: Tati. She is the most talented of these three. If there weren't the injuries she could be a Top 10 player now.

Marion... Wimbledon was a great tournament for her but I don't think she will have a better career than Tati. For the moment she's standing much better in the rankings but I don't see her defending the Wimbledon-points next year.

Razzano... :shrug:

stefi62
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Tati

But why do you talk about Lyon for Tati? She's been raised in Paris and then went to Florida.... :confused:

faboozadoo15
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Bartoli will, slowly but surely. Plus, she has a reult that likely neither of the other 2 will reach.

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Bartoli :)

selyoink
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Bartoli

I don't see Tati reaching a GS final

One tournament does not make a better career. Has Clement had a better career than players like Henman, Grosjean, and Davydenko because he made one slam final while the others made numerous slam semis and were better at other events as well.

sfselesfan
Aug 17th, 2007, 08:23 PM
One tournament does not make a better career. Has Clement had a better career than players like Henman, Grosjean, and Davydenko because he made one slam final while the others made numerous slam semis and were better at other events as well.

If Tati gets to the level of Henman, Grosjean, or Davydenko...then you can make this argument. The jury is still out on whether Golovin is going to live up to expectations. At this point, Bartoli has exceeded them. There are a lot of talented players out there right now and I think the odds of Tatiana hanging with them are looking slimmer and slimmer. She's done really well this week. We'll just have to wait and see.

I think the point about the slam final (Wimbledon no less) is that no matter what, Bartoli's name will be permanently etched in history. Golovin has yet to achieve that. Doesn't mean she won't, but again the competition is getting stiffer by the minute.

SF

Dexter
Aug 17th, 2007, 08:26 PM
What's Razzano doing in this poll? :lol:

I voted for Golovin.

FrenchY52
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:15 PM
People are sooo stupid.. After Wimbledon, they were all telling it'll be Marion, but now she's back at her real level... Pff :tape:

jonny84
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Marion - if she can stay focused and consistent and doesnt always retire injured. I'm sure the Wimbledon final appearance was not a fluke.

Rod the Bama
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Tati by far.

jazar
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:17 PM
tati.

razzano isnt that good. when i saw her play she was thoroughly underwhelming.
bartoli's wimbledon final was a flash in the pan. she only got there because of opponents choking. she will never reach that peak again

In The Zone
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:05 PM
The answer is clearly Golovin. Bartoli has the best career to date with her Wimbledon final but Tatiana has had such horrible luck with injuries as she is meeting good rhythm. Hopefully this win over Sveta translates into more results.

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Bartoli. I think there is too much hype around Golovin. I don't see anything special in her game, yes, despite her kicking Nadia's ass this year in AI. At least I have yet to see her really impress me.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Rezai should have been included in this poll (even though I wouldn't choose her personally).

Anyway, I think Tati will. Razzano is a talented player but simply too inconsistent a performer to be a staple anywhere near the top. Bartoli is very good, but fitness is still such an issue with her, as proven this week in Toronto. Sure she moves "okay", but she always has little nagging problems that give her trouble during matches, from fatigue to muscle pains to whatever else. It's hard to be problem-free in that department when carrying that much extra weight. I think if Marion shed some pounds and made fitness more of a priority, she would have as much potential as Golovin, if not more.

Tati is quick, her forehand is powerful and effective, and her serve is underrated and quite good when she's confident. Technically she's very sound and tactically she seems to know what she's trying to do in most matches. That counts for something. Her backhand can still use some improvement and I wish she'd be more aggressive sometimes, but she's a work in progress. What's important is she's got all the tools to be a good player.

AllezH1
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Golovin.