PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wonder if Serena creates these challenges

eugreene2
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I wonder if Serena gets motivated by having little to no preparation for the big events & then trying to win them. She has been doing this for a while now. Yes, I'm sure she is/was injured but I'm thinking it's now a combo of not taking any chances plus the belief that she really doesn't need any prep. Isn't that what the media and fans tell her anyway.

I need to go back & watch the Hantuchova match at Wimbledon. What was this fall that caused a 6 week thumb injury? Is it sprained? Was it broken? Did she knock it out of joint?

I just think something in the milk aint clean.

faboozadoo15
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:23 PM
I've myself wondered this.
I also think she just lacks interest in anything that isn't a major.

tae04
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Yea does anyone recall the fall she actually injured her thumb at?

kiwifan
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:35 PM

I think that's the whole story right there :shrug:...

...although she also seems to "wake up" for Miami too. :angel:

frontier
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I am a fan but this behaviour is just puzzling ,I know she is/was injured but as her fans we are frustrated by her decision making.I wonder if sponsors are happy about this behaviour,she should do what Momo did announce that she is not playing and then party all she wants.She is tarnishing her legacy by not supporting a sport that gave her a lot.

sweetpeas
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Oh Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bijoux0021
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I am a fan but this behaviour is just puzzling ,I know she is/was injured but as her fans we are frustrated by her decision making.I wonder if sponsors are happy about this behaviour,she should do what Momo did announce that she is not playing and then party all she wants.She is tarnishing her legacy by not supporting a sport that gave her a lot.
If the thumb is not 100%, it's better she waits a few more days and take her chances at the US Open.

faboozadoo15
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I think that's the whole story right there :shrug:...

...although she also seems to "wake up" for Miami too. :angel:

I think in Miami Serena thought she could play like that all the time...

Bruno71
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:55 PM
This thumb injury is real. There's no way Serena would be photographed in public with that ugly hand cast if it wasn't.

alias
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I think she has a been there done that attitude, and is bored with travelling and grinding out wins.