PDA

View Full Version : Serena Entering New Haven Was Probably Just A Marketing Ploy By Anne Worchester

pierce0415
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:16 PM
I don't think Serena ever intended to play at New Haven ... she never plays the week before a Grand Slam and prefers to go in cold instead of playing the week before ...

the tournament director, Anne Worchester :devil: , is the person responsible for no more entry lists on wtaworld

I think she and her cronies saw that tickets sales were lagging this year and cooked up this whole story of Serena entering just to boost ticket sales ... I mean even right now on the Pilot Pen website it says

"Barring unforseen circumstances, Serena Williams will play Tuesday night"

now all those people that bought tickets to see Serena are left out in the cold :tape: and Anne Worchester a bit richer ... off with her head :o

gmokb
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I don't think she would open herself to a lawsuit by the Williams. I think Serena did commit and is now pulling out.

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:30 PM
It was no more than marketing trick from WTA obviously. They had to do something to sell tickets so they managed Serena to committ.

faboozadoo15
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:31 PM
The theories about Serena being forced to enter or people adding her to an entry list without her intention to play are BS.

This is a Tier 2 with plenty of top 10 players. The tour doesn't owe New Haven anything.

Knizzle
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Is this a ploy? [/NY]

Marcell
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Serena's agent told Ann Worchester to keep it a secret that Serena was committing yet we heard about it. It would defeat the purpose of selling tickets if she didn't announcing it.

MisterMan
I hope Serena gets a cut of the tournaments ticket sales. Why would she want to be used like that just to get other people richer ?

eugreene2
I called Anne's office. You can't even leave a voicemail. lol

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:35 PM
The theories about Serena being forced to enter or people adding her to an entry list without her intention to play are BS.

This is a Tier 2 with plenty of top 10 players. The tour doesn't owe New Haven anything.

Kuznetsova and Hantuchova...

pierce0415
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:35 PM

This year's field is terrible
Americans are not shelling out $$$ to see Igor Kuznetsova or Amelie Mauresmo (withdrew anyway)

faboozadoo15
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Kuznetsova and Hantuchova...

Go to the tour website and tell me how many top 10 and top 20 players each tier 2 is supposed to get...

sweetpeas
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:38 PM
????????????????????????mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.I just don"t beleive ,Serena or Anne would do something like that? It just happen.It happen to all the players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Some time or another?

faboozadoo15
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:39 PM
And Bartoli is also in the top 10.

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:41 PM
the tourn could have 10 top 10 players but still ask WTA for money back if non of the top 10 players are GOLD EXEMPT top 10 players.

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:44 PM

She is not :rolleyes:

pierce0415
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:46 PM

no she isn't
she won't be unless she beats Zi Yan

faboozadoo15
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:51 PM
She is not :rolleyes:

1 win away today :banana:

faboozadoo15
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:52 PM
the tourn could have 10 top 10 players but still ask WTA for money back if non of the top 10 players are GOLD EXEMPT top 10 players.

That's true, but hell, Dementieva could very well be top 10 Gold Exempt as I'm sure Hantuchova and Kuznetsova are.

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Go to the tour website and tell me how many top 10 and top 20 players each tier 2 is supposed to get...

New Haven (under WTA rules) should have one of Top-4 Gold Exempt players and another one of Top-10 Gold Exempt players.

Hantuchova is hardly in the Top-10 GE list but Dementieva most probably is.

griffin
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:47 PM
????????????????????????mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.I just don"t beleive ...Anne would do something like that?

You are being sarcastic, right? This is the same Anne Worcester who threatened legal action to keep people (Eggo) from posting the official tournament entry lists, so she could go on hyping players she knew weren't going to show.

hablo
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:52 PM
I don't think Serena ever intended to play at New Haven ... she never plays the week before a Grand Slam and prefers to go in cold instead of playing the week before ...

the tournament director, Anne Worchester :devil: , is the person responsible for no more entry lists on wtaworld

I think she and her cronies saw that tickets sales were lagging this year and cooked up this whole story of Serena entering just to boost ticket sales ... I mean even right now on the Pilot Pen website it says

"Barring unforseen circumstances, Serena Williams will play Tuesday night"

now all those people that bought tickets to see Serena are left out in the cold :tape: and Anne Worchester a bit richer ... off with her head :o
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the tournament director did this. :shrug:

You are being sarcastic, right? This is the same Anne Worcester who threatened legal action to keep people (Eggo) from posting the official tournament entry lists, so she could go on hyping players she knew weren't going to show.

So shady that the entry lists can't be posted on this board anymore. :lol::tape: