PDA

View Full Version : Serena drops out of Pilot Pen

Marcell
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Serena drops out of Pilot Pen

Posted Aug. 17, 2007
12:46 PM

New Haven (WTNH) _ Eight days after she joined the Pilot Pen field, Serena Williams has withdrawn from the tournament.

It's because of a thumb injury that has kept her off the court since Wimbledon.

Her trip to the Pilot Pen was supposed to be her official return to the tour, but now that won't happen.

AaronJoyB
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:08 PM
source?

Marcell
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Serena Williams withdraws from Pilot Pen
Shawn Rychling, NHRegister.com
08/17/2007

NEW HAVEN — Serena Williams has withdrawn from the Pilot Pen tennis tournament. Tournament director Anne Worcester announced this news at today's women's draw. According to Worcester, Williams' injured thumb is still not healed to the point where she feels she can play.

Check back for more details to come.

http://www.nhregister.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18720717&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=7592&rfi=6

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:10 PM
:yawn: :rolleyes:

A Magicman
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:10 PM
What a surprise.

pierce0415
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:11 PM
OMG I want my refund :fiery:

Conor
Can't say im surprised :rolleyes: US is a doubt now...

simba
i am so tired of this.

Effy
oh Serena :rolleyes:

Craigy
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Serena. :sad:
Please play the US Open. :help:

eugreene2
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Ooooh ... I hope the WTA didn't mandate that she enter just so she would withdraw. I also bet some people are MAD at her. You know, the ones, who don't follow tennis like we do so they went out & bought tickets once they saw her name - not knowing that there was a STRONG possibility she would withdraw. This is comedic.

cometz9
Serena :o

Cam'ron Giles
Me thinks Serena is more interested in being a professional celebrity. I think when her celebrity starts to slip she runs back and does something amazing ie. OZ and Miami...her stock goes back up and it's back to the opening of an envelope...Love yah Rena...but tennis is not your first love...:sad:

And you Williams drones...relax...it's just one man's opinion...:D

LindsayRulz
Not a big Surprise

treufreund
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Hmmm too bad for the fans and for serena.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:14 PM
She better play the Open. :sobbing:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Serena :sad: I really hope that you'll be able to play at the US Open.

stevos
Me thinks Serena is more interested in being a professional celebrity. I think when her celebrity starts to slip she runs back and does something amazing ie. OZ and Miami...her stock goes back up and it's back to the opening of an envelope...Love yah Rena...but tennis is not your first love...:sad:

Definitely thought the same thing, many times.

Cam'ron Giles
And what's the deal with the thumb? Did she break the thing? :rolleyes: :confused:

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:16 PM
:spit:

:o :help:

Beny
:yawn:

AnnaK_4ever
I knew it would happen...

I'm afraid WTA makes Serena enter New Haven only in order to save the tournament that desperately lacks star names. There's still a high possibilty she is gonna withdraw before the draw is made.

tae04
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Ugh....... Guess she won't be going to the OPEN.

I guess Serena :rolleyes:

Dexter
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I don't understand why she entered late a week or so ago just to withdraw now... Not cool for people who got all excited again.

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:18 PM
LOL plz play the open after i defended you :tape:

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I love Serena but she needs to know where her bread is buttered. It's wrong to take all you can from a sport that needs you and treat it like a pair of flip flops...not right. :mad:

selyoink
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Hardly a surprise.

Now it is a big question of whether she will play the Open.

Marcell
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:20 PM
How is she going to play the U.S Open if the thumb doesn't allow her to. It doesn't matter how badly she wants to play the Open. If she choose to play and end up with further damage that migh keep her out for a longer period it wouldn't make any sense.

faboozadoo15
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:21 PM
You mean to tell me you guys didn't enjoy her on Wild 'N Out?

Marcell
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:22 PM
I don't understand why she entered late a week or so ago just to withdraw now... Not cool for people who got all excited again.

If you remember, her agent wanted the tournament director to keep it a secret but Ann Worchester was excited to announce it.

DownTheLine21
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Well, New Haven has really opened up and could be a great opportunity for a lot of players (i.e. Kuznetosva, Hantuchova, Bartoli, Dementieva, Schnyder)

Natalicious
:help: serena :o

tae04
Yea they probably lied about her actually playing. Why would she enter the tournament a week ago, if she didn't feel she could play or was healed.

Hasn't that injury been like a month and half ago, geesh she's wasted so much time over the past 4 yrs...

gmokb
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Okay, let me start by saying I am a HUGE Williams fans but this is just ridiculous!! Won't her doctor assess the status of her injury before she enters? Damn, I got so excited when she enter only to hear this now. I am not holding out much hope on the US Open, even though it's a Slam. Serena!!!

sfselesfan
I never thought she should play there to start with. Except for Venus (twice) this tournament is the kiss of death for US Open contenders.

SF

Apoorv
These late drop outs for Serena have become too many. Bad for the organizers, she was all over their website. Anyways lets hope she will be fit to play the USO. I dont know why but I am sure she will play the open. Lets hope I am correct. Tennis needs her.

eugreene2
How is she going to play the U.S Open if the thumb doesn't allow her to. It doesn't matter how badly she wants to play the Open. If she choose to play and end up with further damage that migh keep her out for a longer period it wouldn't make any sense.

Even as a Williams supporter, this excuse is tired!!!

ilovepaszek
Hope you will get well in the US Open

-VSR-
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Great.

tae04
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Wonder if we're done seeing her for the year. She rarely plays anything after the Open hell!

Bijoux0021
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:28 PM
This is not good at all given that the US Open is less than 10 days away. I doubt the injury will heal on time in order for her to be ready to play at the Open. :sad:

lanykid87
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:32 PM
does anyone else feel that maybe shes not playing new haven bc she doesnt want to put any pressure on the injury before the open. i mean obviously she thought that she could play because she waited until hours before the draw was released to withdraw...she could have pulled out anytime this week if it was so bad...

sweetpeas
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:33 PM
It"s Serena life!!!!!!!!!!:wavey: I know there a reason? Serena will still win the U.S.open! just like A.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love you Serena,:kiss: It"s your life,,:wavey: iam glad you let me enjoy it with your loyal fan"s:bounce: .Venus to!:wavey: :worship: :D :cool: :bounce: :kiss:

eugreene2
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:36 PM
When was Wild n Out taped? She didn't have the thumb protector on.

Hantu515
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Well that's dissappointing for the tournament...

on another note if Serena were to withdraw from the USOpen, Daniela Hantuchova or Marion Bartoli would be a top 8 seed at the Open, depending on Marion's QF match today. If it's Daniela it would be the first time since Australian '03.

Not that I'm hoping for a Serena withdrawl, I really want her to play the Open, it could be real boring without her.

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:37 PM
It"s Serena life!!!!!!!!!!:wavey: I know there a reason? Serena will still win the U.S.open! just like A.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love you Serena,:kiss: It"s your life,,:wavey: iam glad you let me enjoy it with your loyal fan"s:bounce: .Venus to!:wavey: :worship: :D :cool: :bounce: :kiss:

Tell yourself that...while you lock yourself in your room and throw yourself on the floor...screaming "god why..." :rolleyes:

ChampLindsay
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Serena :sad: :sad:

please get well for the open:dog: :armed: :hearts:

Craigy
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:40 PM

Holy shit. :unsure:

MH0861
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Does this mean more time at the night sessions for Lindsay? :hearts:

Hopefully Serena can play the USO.

Lulu.
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Im so sick of this :(

sweetpeas
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Tell yourself that...while you lock yourself in your room and throw yourself on the floor...screaming "god why..."

HA HA....funny!!!:wavey: :cool:

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Hey you guys, she can't help it if she's still injured. I don't know what happened to that thumb at Wimbledon, but it must have been major b/c she's been wearing that brace for quite some time now and even to the red carpet events. You can't play tennis without opposable thumbs :p So, please stop jumping to conclusions and just be patient.

tennis ace
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:53 PM
source?

:lol: why do people still refuse to believe when a williams drops out of a tournament like it's out of the norm or something:confused:

Olórin
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:56 PM

I know I defended Serena and she let me down and made me look stupid :(

I think she'll be fine for the Open, I doubt there is anything wrong with the thumb to be honest. I do think that this was just a marketing ploy by Anne Worcester, if you look at Serena's entry statement, it was all Anne Worcester, Serena probably got paid just for entering :lol: Definitely a ploy.

Bijoux0021
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Hey you guys, she can't help it if she's still injured. I don't know what happened to that thumb at Wimbledon, but it must have been major b/c she's been wearing that brace for quite some time now and even to the red carpet events. You can't play tennis without opposable thumbs :p So, please stop jumping to conclusions and just be patient.
Agreed!

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:57 PM

I have to qualify all my post with...*I love her..but* She is full of it...The brace is part of her bs...:rolleyes:

Marcell
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Injured Serena Williams withdraws from New Haven

By Simon Cambers

CINCINNATI (Reuters) - Serena Williams has withdrawn from next week's WTA event in New Haven, citing a thumb injury.

The Australian Open champion has not played since Wimbledon but had been hoping to use the event as a warm-up for the U.S. Open, which begins on August 27.

"Today I tried to have a full practice, hoping that my thumb would feel better, but unfortunately it is still not 100 percent and I am not able to play at the level that I had hoped," Williams said in a statement.

"I am frustrated and extremely disappointed that I won't be able to play."

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I have to qualify all my post with...*I love her..but* She is full of it...The brace is part of her bs...:rolleyes:

:lol: Cam, have you ever worn a brace before? Because believe me, if you don't have to, you don't want to. Why would she care what anybody thinks? Has she ever before? If her thumb wasn't hurt, she wouldn't be wearing that uncomfortable contraption for bs sake, cause Serena doesn't give two shits about what people think.

Kenny
Wowwww. crazy.

Cam'ron Giles
Injured Serena Williams withdraws from New Haven

By Simon Cambers

CINCINNATI (Reuters) -
"Today I tried to have a full practice, hoping that my thumb would feel better, but unfortunately it is still not 100 percent and I am not able to play at the level that I had hoped," Williams said in a statement.

"I am frustrated and extremely disappointed that I won't be able to play."

CRAP!!!! Catch her twirling on some red carpet over the next few days...that she RSVP'd for weeks ago...

Thanx4nothin
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:01 PM
:lol: at the people who said she wouldn't enter late and pull out, she's my fav, but I also find her to be quite an asshole sometimes.

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:01 PM
:lol: Cam, have you ever worn a brace before? Because believe me, if you don't have to, you don't want to. Why would she care what anybody thinks? Has she ever before? If her thumb wasn't hurt, she wouldn't be wearing that uncomfortable contraption for bs sake, cause Serena doesn't give two shits about what people think.

The next time they get sued i'm gonna suggest you for the defense...;) :lol: :kiss:

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:02 PM
The next time they get sued i'm gonna suggest you for the defense...;) :lol: :kiss:

You'd be correct in doing that, boo. :D :kiss:

MistyGrey
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:03 PM
:lol::tape:
:hug: If you're really injured Serena.

frenchie
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Bangalore
Dubai
Berlin
Fed Cup
Cincinnati
Stanford
Sab Diego
LA
New Haven

Is this a record??

sweetpeas
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:04 PM
she wouldn't be wearing that uncomfortable contraption for bs sake, cause Serena doesn't give two shits about what people think

Thank Denise!!!!!!!!!:wavey:

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:09 PM
she wouldn't be wearing that uncomfortable contraption for bs sake, cause Serena doesn't give two shits about what people think

Thank Denise!!!!!!!!!:wavey:

Why are you still here? Dont you need to get that knot on your head tend to when you bang it into the wall after hearing the news? :wavey:

serenaforever
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:20 PM
:depressed:

PLEASE play USO, Serena :begging:

ce
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:25 PM
well we are used to it

griffin
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Any annoyance I might feel towards Serena for bailing on New Haven....

Is more than made up for by gratitude for her help in making Ann Worcester miserable :devil:

The Dawntreader
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Serena:sad: IMO she at least needed one tourny to get in the flow for the US. I dont know, if she does indeed play the Open what kind of match fitness she'll be in. I hope she plays and is injury-free soon, but its looking doubtful:help:

serenaforever
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Any annoyance I might feel towards Serena for bailing on New Haven....

Is more than made up for by gratitude for her help in making Ann Worcester miserable :devil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LoveFifteen
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:36 PM
:sad: My two faves, Serena and Hingis look doubtful for the US Open. :grieve: :mourn:

:rolleyes: @ Serena's most delusional loyal supporters. I get tired of all this "it's her life" bullshit. I understand that people get injured, but there is no one who even comes close to her number of last-minute withdrawals. It hurts the sport and the fans who bought tickets. I wish she wouldn't do it, but oh well, I still love her in general.

Direwolf
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:37 PM
i think that she would still join USO...
she still has that one hand..
and that strong serve...
she beat Daniela, a top tenner and took a set from the number one player in the WOrld..

harloo
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I never thought she should play there to start with. Except for Venus (twice) this tournament is the kiss of death for US Open contenders.

SF

Any fan who actually believed Serena would play New Haven seriously should question themselves. When has Serena EVER played a week before a slam? :lol: When someone started that thread about Serena playing New Haven I didn't believe it because of history. I know tournament directors like to include these names on the draw to get everyone excited fully knowing that they most likely won't play even if committed. They did the same thing with Serena at BOTW one year, promoted that she was coming and told the audience the bad news at the last minute. Of course I already knew she had withdrew, but many fans were disappointed. It's all about selling tickets these days.:wavey:

Marcell
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Any fan who actually believed Serena would play New Haven seriously should question themselves. When has Serena EVER played a week before a slam? :lol: When someone started that thread about Serena playing New Haven I didn't believe it because of history. I know tournament directors like to include these names on the draw to get everyone excited fully knowing that they most likely won't play even if committed. They did the same thing with Serena at BOTW one year, promoted that she was coming and told the audience the bad news at the last minute. Of course I already knew she had withdrew, but many fans were disappointed. It's all about selling tickets these days.:wavey:

She did play in hobart before the Australian Open.

Radix2
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I am a Serena fan but I just don't get this one.

harloo
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:06 PM
She did play in hobart before the Australian Open.

Serena was injury free then but excluding her tournament appearance at Hobart I don't recall many instances where she played a week before most slams. And considering we've been here before the withdrawal doesn't suprise me in the least bit. I never believed she would show up here even when many fans were excited about the prospects. :)

simba
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:19 PM
CRAP!!!! Catch her twirling on some red carpet over the next few days...that she RSVP'd for weeks ago...

you are so funny :lol: :lol:

schorsch
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:24 PM
omg omg omg what a suprise. i'd never have thought she'd withdraw. B O M B S H E L L ! ! !

freeandlonely
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:26 PM
So what exactly is she doing

Stamp Paid
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:35 PM

Now what's Venus' excuse when she pulls out of tournaments like this? Real injuries? School? :D

Stamp Paid
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Hope she plays the US Open at least.

maja.amelie
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:45 PM
PLEASE SERENA PLAY US OPEN :bigcry:

Vamos.
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:50 PM
USO will be so much worse without you Serena. Please play there. please.

GoDominique
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:55 PM
If Serena pretty much knew that she wouldn't play here then I just don't understand why she lets the organisers use her name to promote the tournament. It has happened so many times and I think we can all agree that the last-minute withdrawals don't make her look good.

So why is she allowing this to happen again and again?

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 17th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Now what's Venus' excuse when she pulls out of tournaments like this? Real injuries? School? :D

Venus is very studious and brite...so I would believe that is she busy with school...:)

santhuruu
Aug 17th, 2007, 08:46 PM
http://www.vrtnieuws.net/cm/vrtnieuws.net/sporza/tennis/070817_SerenaWilliams_NewHaven_forfait

It says that Serena practiced full going into the shots to see where she stood at the moment if she would face competition, and she hoped that the thumb would resist the power she was putting in her shots. But unfortunately she isn't feeling 100 % about it to reach the level of play she hoped to reach. Serena also says that she is very frustrated and upset not being able to play in New Haven.

Yonexforever
Aug 17th, 2007, 08:59 PM
OK
I think its high time the WTA was sued for this type of practice!
EVERYONE KNOWS SERENA NEVER PLAYS THE WEEK IMMEDIATELY PRECEEDING A GRAND SLAM!
I almost bought tickets, but a good friend insisted on buying tix, because the box office assured him she was the featured night natch on Tuesday.
Well guess what, she pulled out.
She never intended to play at all, this is/was just a ploy to sell tickets.
It's just not right, and is tantamount to bait and switch which is an ILLEGAL practice in the US>
:mad:

jonny84
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Expected really.

Shame for the fans, but it might ensure Serena a better run at the US Open.

Rod the Bama
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Disappointing but not surprising news. :sad: I really hope that Serene will be able to play in the US Open.

tobe
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:07 PM
ridicilous....WTA has become a joke

Brooklyn90
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Why the hell did she sign up in the first place?!?! :fiery:

KBdoubleu
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:27 PM

because she hoped she could play...

moon
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:42 PM

Didn't Lindsay explain the system last year? :confused: The WTA forces players to sign up, or they are forbidden from playing future tourneys.
I don't know why everyone is getting all hot and bothered over this. These days, I don't even get excited until the draw comes out.

FoxyliciousKhat
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I really think this thread is filled with a bunch of selfish fans, who cares only about their enjoyment and not Serena's health. Hell yes we are all disappointed that she's not playing and maybe ticked that she withdrew at the last minute but to act like she owe us over her well being is quite ridiculous.

Funny thing is Serena cannot win, no matter what. She's been knockws for not really being injured because we could not see proof. So what does she do show up at highly photograph events with a uncomfortable brace, but that is only now seen by some a STUNT to fool us all. ROFL as if she should care! And if we all expected this, as she's "KNOWN" for this sort of thing, then why is this even an issue? Get over yourselves and consider the players for once.

The thing is people we can make plans to do something thinking that we're fully ready but as the event near it is then apparent that what we'd plan is impossible. Serena may have told the tournament organisers that she hoped to play, entered tentatively, but in a effort to boost sales and their tournament the organisers run like hell with "COME SEE SERENA". If this is true and we all know it has happened why is Serena bearing the flack for this mess 100%?

The thing is every other players injury is real, while Serena's is questionable. I'm more inclinced to believe the player who say she's/he's injured and not play than the one who says she's/he's injured retires from a match and shows up the next tournament running like a dear in headlights.

Foxy

GoDominique
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Didn't Lindsay explain the system last year? :confused: The WTA forces players to sign up, or they are forbidden from playing future tourneys.
And of course, multiple Slam winners like Lindsay and Serena are incapable of speaking out against this practice and just obey to the mighty power of the WTA, making fools out of themselves in the process.

Ridiculous.

danieln1
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:52 PM
i am so tired of this.

Me too!!

In The Zone
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:54 PM
I don't know why everyone is getting all hot and bothered over this. These days, I don't even get excited until the draw comes out.

Exactly. With the star power of Serena, her name on the entry list is a must. You just have to wait for the draw to see who really is going.

moon
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:57 PM
And of course, multiple Slam winners like Lindsay and Serena are incapable of speaking out against this practice and just obey to the mighty power of the WTA, making fools out of themselves in the process.

Ridiculous.

Lindsay spoke out against it last year, and what changes were made ??
If there was anything done, please enlighten me, because to my knowledge the system is pretty much the same.

Brooklyn90
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:28 PM

Oh I forgot about that :o Thanks :)

friendsita
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Next year Serena will play only the slams and Miami, and if she qualify will play the YEC.

The Daviator
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:45 PM

Ridiculous.

Davenport spoke out against it :lol:

Serena :sad: I really doubt she'll play the Open, which means we'll next see her in '08 I guess :sad:

Brooks.
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:09 PM
if Serena doesn't play the Open then we won't see her play until next year...

:yawn:

I guess it should be expected when your favorite player has only played all 4 slams in one year TWICE in her career

either the girl can't stay healthy or she's happy with one big win every couple of years..I really think that Serena gets hungry and then wins a big tournament and then loses the hunger all over again

!<blocparty>!
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:10 PM
because she hoped she could play...

No she did not. Serena never planned on showing up here, ever.

I'm not going to say it's entirely her fault, as we all know about the tour and its pathetic entry rules. But, no other top player pulls this shit anywhere near as much.

supergrunt
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:12 PM

FoxyliciousKhat
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:13 PM
No she did not. Serena never planned on showing up here, ever.

I'm not going to say it's all her entirely her fault, as we all know about the tour and its pathetic entry rules. But, no other top player pulls this shit anywhere near as much.

Thanks for confirming this Serena.

Foxy

tennistuff
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:15 PM

They make you pick the tournaments you are going to play for the year in Jan. You don't know something is going to be wrong with you in AUG.
If you don't pick they threaten you. Davenport would not ant they said you will never get another Wild card.

vejh
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:16 PM
C'mon folks. There is absolutely no way Serena would play 3 weeks in a row. No way.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:26 PM
And will we be surprised when she doesnt even make the semis? :haha: NO!!!

Forehand_Volley
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Injury has plagued Serena Williams career for the past five years since her first lengthy absence.

Tournaments played (40):

2003--7
2004--12
2005--10
2006--4
2007--7

Finals (13/40)

Semi-Finals (19/40)

Quarterfinals (30/40)

Losses pre quarterfinals (10/40)

winone23
Aug 18th, 2007, 01:36 AM
:sad: :sad: Come back Serena, it's no fun without you!!

winone23
Aug 18th, 2007, 01:47 AM
And what's the deal with the thumb? Did she break the thing? :rolleyes: :confused:

It could be a really bad sprain, I had a thumb sprain it took months to heal and five years later it's still messed up and causes me pain.

alex.stef
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:18 AM
nevermind, Serena.
now, please, do what's best so that u can play the US Open

griffin
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Lindsay spoke out against it last year, and what changes were made ??
If there was anything done, please enlighten me, because to my knowledge the system is pretty much the same.

Lindsay's only one player. I think if enough top players called them out on this bull shit, or refused to play along - and I don't know why they don't, because the PLAYERS are the ones that wind up looking bad when they don't show - there would be changes.

And no, I don't mean it's time to go from "Lindsay speaking out" to "Serena speaking out" - I think it's time for Serena, Amelie, Venus, Maria, Justine....to start speaking out. In the long run, it's in their own best interests.

It's one thing to put a single top-player on the shelf because she would't cooperate. It's another to make 4 or 5 unavailable.

freeandlonely
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Next year Serena will play only the slams and Miami, and if she qualify will play the YEC.

If she does play GS and Miami only
I feel she will qualify YEC

DA FOREHAND
Aug 19th, 2007, 04:47 PM
And will we be surprised when she doesnt even make the semis? :haha: NO!!!

Nor would we be surprised if she won the Us Open:lol:

hablo
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Nevermind. Fake article, apparently. :o

Stamp Paid
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:56 PM
^thats fake, right? :o
Eunice Boltworthy :spit:

moon
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Lindsay's only one player. I think if enough top players called them out on this bull shit, or refused to play along - and I don't know why they don't, because the PLAYERS are the ones that wind up looking bad when they don't show - there would be changes.

And no, I don't mean it's time to go from "Lindsay speaking out" to "Serena speaking out" - I think it's time for Serena, Amelie, Venus, Maria, Justine....to start speaking out. In the long run, it's in their own best interests.

It's one thing to put a single top-player on the shelf because she would't cooperate. It's another to make 4 or 5 unavailable.

I completely agree with you. In fact, I was trying to point this out in my post. But you said it much better than I did. I wouldn't hold my breath on that though, unless someone decides to "BJK" it.