PDA

View Full Version : America's Next Top Georgian Star Hammered 3-6 1-6 by Cravero in USO Qualies.

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:29 PM
OH NO SHE DIDN'T! HELL TO THE NO!

http://theenvelope.latimes.com/media/photo/2007-02/27793109.jpg

Yes I know she's an Evert academy kid, but she's getting wildcard's into all of our big tournaments tournaments (MD WC's for Miami 2005,2006,2007, MD WC's for Indian Wells 2006 and 2007, Charleston - MD WC 2006 and QWC for 2007). Granted she did beat Mirza last year but anyone that could get the ball in with an ounce of pace could have won that match and beating Pous Tio, that's a the win of the year for sure. :o

And now the biggest disgrace is that she gets a WC into qualifying for our biggest tournament, the US Open. I'm sorry I thought this was an American tournament? :confused:

I guess Chris and John must be paying loads of cash on this player who has never even won a 10K in singles or doubles. I just thought the US Open would have a bit more class than that.

Well when this girl gets her ass handed to her in qualies, hopefully she will start taking some WC's into a Georgian ITF :o

iPatty
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:35 PM
speak!

no, seriously. the first 8 words of your post have all you need to know, blake. :hug:

PatM04
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Was hoping Hampton would get one:(

K-Dog
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Chris Evert is an American legend. Whomever she wants to the USTA to give a wildcard from her academy will most likely get it. Afterall, The Evert Academy is the head training facility for the USTA junior development now. This doesn't surprise me one bit.

darkangel23
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Why shouldn't they support her? Maybe she has a big future, and I think it's nice to support her even though she is not american. And she's in Top300 and deinitely not because of all her "1r losses" right?!

patch.
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:41 PM
:seriously: Who is Tatishivilli?

Xian
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:47 PM
she is not even pretty :tape:

serenaforever
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:47 PM
why she got a WC.... :thinking:

beats the hell out of me :unsure:

rrfnpump
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:55 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Evert academy probably paid more than Brie's dad. :lol:

Apoorv
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:56 PM

Yes I know she's an Evert academy kid, but she's getting wildcard's into all of our big tournaments tournaments (MD WC's for Miami 2005,2006,2007, MD WC's for Indian Wells 2006 and 2007, Charleston - MD WC 2006 and QWC for 2007). Granted she did beat Mirza last year but anyone that could get the ball in with an ounce of pace could have won that match and beating Pous Tio, that's a the win of the year for sure. :o

And now the biggest disgrace is that she gets a WC into qualifying for our biggest tournament, the US Open. I'm sorry I thought this was an American tournament? :confused:

I guess Chris and John must be paying loads of cash on this player who has never even won a 10K in singles or doubles. I just thought the US Open would have a bit more class than that.

Well when this girl gets her ass handed to her in qualies, hopefully she will start taking some WC's into a Georgian ITF :o

:sad: :bigcry:

This is the worst loss of Sania for me. Lets hope this will never repeat.:o

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:57 PM
maybe the USTA think she is from Georgia :lol:

A Magicman
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:58 PM
she is not even pretty :tape:

Makes her a prospect for Top10.

Darop.
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:02 PM

:haha:

Dexter
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Redicoulous. :o

iPatty
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:05 PM

:rolls:

sammy01
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:07 PM
sounds like shes given somebody important at the USTA a suck job!

Derek.
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:07 PM

:spit:

Nicolas
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I thought qhe would take american nationality? maybe later?

serenaforever
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:08 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:34 PM

:spit: :haha:

Anyone who loses a set to Stevenson shouldn't be awarded a WC into any grand slam.

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Why shouldn't they support her? Maybe she has a big future, and I think it's nice to support her even though she is not american. And she's in Top300 and deinitely not because of all her "1r losses" right?!

Reason 1 - She sucks.
Reason 2 - She's not American.
Reason 3 - She's just another foreigner in America sucking up USTA funds.
Reason 4 - I'm sick of her getting all of the American WC's.
Reason 5 - There are much more deserving recipients of that WC.
Reason 6 - She sucks.
Reason 7 - I don't like her. :h8er:

alexia1huff
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xian
she is not even pretty

Makes her a prospect for Top10.

Hahaha, well ivanovic and chakvetadze and hantuchova (yeay top10 now) are cute!!!

njnetswill
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Maybe she will surprise us all and get a few wins? :shrug:

ce
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:59 PM
:(

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:15 PM
White power!!! Erm, I mean Chris Evert's influence is still big on the tour.

kittyking
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Maybe she will surprise us all and get a few wins? :shrug:

To be fair there are heaps of players who could do a couple of one hit wonders

Experimentee
Aug 19th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I've noticed that she gets WCs for every big US tournament too. Evert must be paying a lot of money. Dont know why as there are many more prospects that are the same age as Anna T and have had better results. Cornet, Cirstea and Morita for example.

darkangel23
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Reason 1 - She sucks.
Reason 2 - She's not American.
Reason 3 - She's just another foreigner in America sucking up USTA funds.
Reason 4 - I'm sick of her getting all of the American WC's.
Reason 5 - There are much more deserving recipients of that WC.
Reason 6 - She sucks.
Reason 7 - I don't like her. :h8er:

She was thinking about getting the american passport ;) That would make her american ;)

And besides Violette Huck got one too and she's not american either and also Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

DefyingGravity
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Not only is Evert paying out big bucks, but American tennis players that could get the wildcard are much less consistent than these other girls, and are starting to become much less committed to the sport. After Jamea Jackson, Shennay Perry (who I haven't heard a THING from this year), and Vania King, the girls that are behind them just aren't showing the same dedication to the sport as these Eastern European girls are. Maybe it's because the girls are hungrier than ours, due to their previous lives before tennis in their old countries. I think the USTA is also sh*tting on their own players by doing this, but I agree that if they haven't shown at least a little bit of promise in the challenger circuit, they should also venture out and give wildcards to other players of another nationality. Before I start getting hate mail, I know there are some that have great potential that are currently playing. The USTA is blind if they can't see some of the other girls that are waiting for their opportunity, but at the same time, it's about $$$ when it comes to these wild cards, and the academies get most of them.

Also, don't the Grand Slam nations usually trade wildcards at their Grand Slam for a wildcard in another one?

Drimal
Aug 19th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Mon€¥ mak€$ th€ wor£d go round. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-089.gif

jj74
Aug 19th, 2007, 01:23 PM
She was thinking about getting the american passport ;) That would make her american ;)

And besides Violette Huck got one too and she's not american either and also Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

Pavlyuchenkova is the nº1 junior (with three GS jr) and one year younger than Tatishvilli, and Huck probably represent an exchange, and a young american recieve a wc for the French Open.
Tatishvilli was a good prospect, she seemed to be good some years ago, but nobody is receiving as much wc (for important tournaments) as her. Probably because most players that recive that kind of wc take profit and don't need them any more

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 19th, 2007, 01:40 PM

Huck: French exchange
Pavlyuhenkova: the previous years junior slam winner gets a Q WC into respective slams (so Aus Jr winner into Aus Q draw, RG jr winner into RG Q draw........)

darkangel23
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Huck: French exchange
Pavlyuhenkova: the previous years junior slam winner gets a Q WC into respective slams (so Aus Jr winner into Aus Q draw, RG jr winner into RG Q draw........)

Yes but I mean Pavlyuchenkova has not won one single match at a WTA Tour event:

fell to Vaidisova at Moscow 06
fell in 3r Qualifying at Aussie Open 07
fell in 1r to Hantuchova in Wimbledon 07

jj74
Aug 19th, 2007, 02:30 PM
That's because she don't so many wc md as Tatishvilli. Anastasia won last US open junior so she have right to a wc

Derek.
Aug 19th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Yes but I mean Pavlyuchenkova has not won one single match at a WTA Tour event:

fell to Vaidisova at Moscow 06
fell in 3r Qualifying at Aussie Open 07
fell in 1r to Hantuchova in Wimbledon 07

That doesn't matter. :weirdo:

She won the junior event last year, she gets a QWC.

There is nothing complicated about this. :shrug:

Petkorazzi
Aug 19th, 2007, 05:29 PM
I'm happy Anna got a WC but I also dont understand.

Just prove to everyone you're a great player, Anna ;)

Petkorazzi
Aug 19th, 2007, 05:29 PM
I've noticed that she gets WCs for every big US tournament too. Evert must be paying a lot of money. Dont know why as there are many more prospects that are the same age as Anna T and have had better results. Cornet, Cirstea and Morita for example.

Do one of those players need a QWC? :confused:

Tenisci
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I hoped, USA could give a WC to Ipek SENOGLU too. Since she was in Pepperdine University to study International Management and Economy in California. She played many college matches against good players and elected as no 1 insingleas and doubles in 2000 or 2001 ( i dont remember correctly).
The worst thing is that she had to come back to Istanbul after losing San Diego due to no money. I heard that she lived in an American family during a tournament because of no money to give a hotel :sad:

drake3781
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:05 PM

That's my joke. :lol: :p

Petkorazzi
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:13 PM
I hoped, USA could give a WC to Ipek SENOGLU too. Since she was in Pepperdine University to study International Management and Economy in California. She played many college matches against good players and elected as no 1 insingleas and doubles in 2000 or 2001 ( i dont remember correctly).
The worst thing is that she had to come back to Istanbul after losing San Diego due to no money. I heard that she lived in an American family during a tournament because of no money to give a hotel :sad:

Gosh, That's bad :sad: Isnt there any Turkish Businessman to sponsor her? Though I tihnk she must retire, her career is finised

drake3781
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:16 PM

What exactly are the WTA policies on how WCs are identified?
We are saying here that they can they be bought... is that within policy or outside of policy?
If that is within policy, is that public knowledge?
If outside of policy, WTA must know and is not enforcing it. That can lead to much bigger problems.

drake3781
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:25 PM

I feel badly for any player who is having trouble getting started on tour. Really what it comes down to is this: the player is the same as a person starting a business. She needs to have both a business plan (covering schedule, travel plans and costs coaching costs, projected earnings, projected expenses, etc. which needs to be managed ongoing, regularly updated and adjusted) and she needs startup capital... funds to cover the startup time when expenses are sure to be greater than earnings. That captial comes from various sources for different players... family, country association, an outside sponsor, and some are lucky enough to make that startup time very short while others may take years to get to a break even point. I hope she can step back and get both a good plan together and funds for startup, if she wants to make this a success.

Tenisci
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Gosh, That's bad :sad: Isnt there any Turkish Businessman to sponsor her? Though I tihnk she must retire, her career is finised

unfortunately no one

Tenisci
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I feel badly for any player who is having trouble getting started on tour. Really what it comes down to is this: the player is the same as a person starting a business. She needs to have both a business plan (covering schedule, travel plans and costs coaching costs, projected earnings, projected expenses, etc. which needs to be managed ongoing, regularly updated and adjusted) and she needs startup capital... funds to cover the startup time when expenses are sure to be greater than earnings. That captial comes from various sources for different players... family, country association, an outside sponsor, and some are lucky enough to make that startup time very short while others may take years to get to a break even point. I hope she can step back and get both a good plan together and funds for startup, if she wants to make this a success.

I hope too

Europe rocks
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Tatishvili has been hyped up so much, yet hasn't delivered. Surely it's about time they stopped handing wildcards out to her at every large event :o It's getting so bad it's gone beyond the point of funny!

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:40 PM
3-6 1-6 to Cravero. I guess, we won't see her until next Miami.

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:57 PM
:o :shout: :help: :shrug: :tape:

RR-87
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
:haha:

Dexter
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:25 PM
:o :shout: :help: :shrug: :tape:Agreed.

auntie janie
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:12 PM
Nice work, Jorgi! :hatoff: