PDA

View Full Version : Dr.Bartoli may be hurting Marion

Reuchlin
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:26 AM
I wonder if Marion's back pain during the Safina match had anything to do with Dr.Bartoli making her do drills involving a long iron pipe and a lot of back twisting 2 hours before the match.

UDACHi
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:29 AM
you make it sound like he beats her with the pipe. that would make for a hell of a story if he did, though. :drool:

swissmr
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:33 AM
This is nothing to do with the thread but I feel kind of sorry for Marion. She seems like a lonely girl who doesn't have any real friends except her Dad (and food).

I had to add the and food bit because I know if I didn't someone else would anyway :p

Infiniti2001
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Maybe Marion doesn't mind--- After all she's legally an adult who can always tell him to take a hike and find another coach :shrug:

vadin124
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:42 AM
This is nothing to do with the thread but I feel kind of sorry for Marion. She seems like a lonely girl who doesn't have any real friends except her Dad (and food).

I had to add the and food bit because I know if I didn't someone else would anyway :p

lol do u actually know the girl???...that is really patronizing and not a nice thing to say

i actually think you should be ashamed of yourself because Marion seems to me like a really nice genuine girl who gets all this slack because of her weight when she has done nothing to anyone to deserve this kind of talk about her

jonny84
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:51 PM
The impression I got watching the Wimbledon SF on tv was that Dr Bartoli was so proud of his daughter reaching the final. I think its sad that people suggest otherwise.

chloe-l
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:58 AM
The impression I got watching the Wimbledon SF on tv was that Dr Bartoli was so proud of his daughter reaching the final. I think its sad that people suggest otherwise.

Agreed.

Forehand_Volley
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I wonder if Marion's back pain during the Safina match had anything to do with Dr.Bartoli making her do drills involving a long iron pipe and a lot of back twisting 2 hours before the match.
I would have to see a picture of it to believe it. If your intent was to defame Dr. Bartoli, you failed miserably.

Mana
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:07 AM

And the way he started crying while Marion was making her speach after the final was touching :worship:

Marions best friends with Peer on tour :wavey:

Mana
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:08 AM
I would have to see a picture of it to believe it. If your intent was to defame Dr. Bartoli, you failed miserably.

I'm inclined to think that its true. Marion does some pretty werid stuff in her trainings, I've watched 3 or 4 and it makes you scratch youre head!

Petersmiler
Aug 18th, 2007, 10:47 AM
I'm inclined to think that its true. Marion does some pretty werid stuff in her trainings, I've watched 3 or 4 and it makes you scratch youre head!

Yeah, I saw her at Eastbourne with the pipe.

Actually I was going to take a photo of her with it when she looked up at me and for some reason I got embarassed and put my camera away. I think she was even going to pose for me but I walked away. I think she was pleased I recognised her, baring in mind this was before her heroics at wimbledon.

Alizé Molik
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:53 AM
I don't think that dr b could ever hurt marion, he's not a pernicious man and he seems to always have her best interests at heart. However, I think its possible that his training methods and her apparent isolation from other girls on the tour could proove detrimental in the long run...along with her suspect fitness ans recurring injuries/illnesses.

Slutiana
Aug 18th, 2007, 12:01 PM
chill pill.

416_Man
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Without Dr. Bartoli, Marion would not be half the player she is today.

CuteKoala
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I don't understand why everybody is attacking this poor girl. :rolleyes: She seems to be a very nice and feminine lass.

thetennisutopian
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Yes. All the negativity surrounding her weight should go away. She was able to reach the Wimbledon finals with it so there should be no problem. As for her father, he does seem quite invested and cares about his daughter and her career, as he well should.