PDA

View Full Version : German and Spanish teams announced

ChrisGermany
Jul 10th, 2002, 03:07 PM
Muller Rittner Weingartner Lamade
( wrong choice to skip Arn/Barna for Lamade IMO )

Sanchez :eek: Marrero :confused: Ruano :p and Serna :)

Sanchez => in form or out of form, that´s "???"
Marrero => hard to predict
Ruano => if she plays 2nd singles match,
we, Germany, won´t win
Serna => if she plays 2nd singles match,
we, Germany, will win

TS
Jul 10th, 2002, 03:18 PM
I think Anca Barna should be in the German team.

This will be a tight tussle. But I still give the egde to the Spaniards.

MS
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:37 PM
pfff, ChrisGermany, your comments are sometimes.......prefer not writing more...

¡¡VAMOS ESPAÑA!! :):):)

spiceboy
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:05 PM
ChrisGermany keep on dreaming about Magui ;)

Last time they played Fed Cup in Germany, Spain won 3/2. Arantxa didn't play the tie and Conchita lost her two singles matches :eek: So it was Magui who won her 2 singles matches and the doubles with Conchi :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

And she will do the same next weekend in Mallorca ;)

Alberto
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Spain def German 5-0 :p

Kris
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Germany will win!!!!

matthias
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:17 PM
NO - Bianka is nominated again, i thought she will play Modena Challenger :(

matthias
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:59 PM
i hope Bianka will not join the Team, cause shew ould miss Sopot qualifying too

matthias
Jul 10th, 2002, 10:10 PM
come on Bianka and withdraw from FED-Cup
come on, once you should be a bad girl

anabel
Jul 11th, 2002, 12:57 AM
I feel bad for German, its chances to win this are... ups there are not chances :o

:p :p :p :p

matthias
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:18 AM
i hope Germany will lose 5:0
cause i want another Team-Captain

MS
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:14 AM
Hi,

I think all the matches might be close, but I hope Spain can win the tie without many problems.

BTW, my point of view is always: you haven't won a match before playing it and you don't have to underestimate anyone...

ChrisGermany
Jul 11th, 2002, 09:20 AM
I never said anything CLEARLY AGAINST Magui ?!

We know Arantxa´s history 2002, we know that Serna lost twice in first rounds of a GS lately,
and we know that Muller is in good form ( it was her first time on grass, so that wasn´t an upset )

I just thought that Muller is capable of upsetting both Serna and Sanchez and Marlene proved she can beat Sanchez

But A) Marlene isn´t fit and B) Ruano as a 2nd singles player could more easily attack the German game

So what am I going to say ? Being Spanish I would choose Ruano rather than Serna to get 2 points, that´s rather PRO-Spanish not ANTI-Spanish, isn´t it ?! ;)

I quite like a lot of Spanish girls, but Serna is one of those that has to train harder to loose weight

It´s a fact that most Spanish girls like Torrens, Montolio or Serna are part-time workers ; they have a good year, have to defend points, don´t win anything, drop in the rankings, they have a good year ...

Look now, Montolio drops outside the top100, Marrero will soon follow

Ruano is a player I really LOVE to see, especially in doubles !

Good luck to both teams anyway !

spiceboy
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Barbara, Martina & Marlene will leave top 100 earlier than Marta ;)

ChrisGermany
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Then you´ll soon find out that Martina Muller will climb into the top40 and Marta this week lost and gets 1 point but defended more than 60 and that puts her in danger of falling down down down ;)

ChrisGermany
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:36 PM
Serna, Ruano and Sanchez are all in the quarters at Brussels

same as Muller ;)

MS
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:25 AM
I think all of them are good players, so no need to compare them ;).

Just let's wait, and let's see who the best in this tie are, I hope the Spaniards do well.

matthias
Jul 13th, 2002, 04:46 PM
i think Spain will win 4:1 or 5:0

cause Rittner is not in best shape
müller is okay - but she could be better.
Weingärtner - no comment - 1:6 0:6 against a more then 50 spots lower ranked player said it all

Lamade - maybe in doubles - but she will not play singles

bello
Jul 14th, 2002, 10:07 AM
I disagree i think that Angeles had a few fairly consistant years and she is an unfair example, and i think Marrero is very talented.

pan
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:54 PM
let's wait what will happen! MARTINA is able to beat all spanish players, but it wouldn't surprise me if she will lose against all of them. she is a big talent in good form, but in FedCup her experiences are not that happy (besides the, ahem, easy win over CONCHITA)...
MARLI won two times against ARANTXA, but i wouldn't let her play singles.
BABSI is good in her motherrole in the team. she is strong enough to win both singles and the doublesmatch!
sorry (MATTHIAS), but BIANKA shouldn't be part of the team. ANCA plays much better at the moment and for doubles i would prefer BABSI and MARLI (or JASMIN, who's not in the team...hey, schur, didn't you see her great doublesresults in the last weeks, blind man?).
i think GERMANY will make it: 3-2!

pan
Jul 15th, 2002, 03:29 PM
MARLENE withdraws. ANCA is now member of the german team! :kiss: