PDA

View Full Version : What if Razzano finally became more consistent? How high could she get?

floco
Aug 17th, 2007, 12:34 AM
We know what the problem has been for Virginie for years... consistency. We also know that when on, she can beat almost anyone (and when off, she can lose to almost anyone as well...)
She has been able to get a few good wins a row lately, so I was wondering... if she improved in the consistency department, how good could Virginie really be? Top 20? Better?

-Sonic-
Aug 17th, 2007, 12:37 AM
oh god, but i hate her so much!!!!

floco
Aug 17th, 2007, 12:40 AM
:lol: I love her!! She is so fun to watch :)

Matt01
Aug 17th, 2007, 12:42 AM
if she improved in the consistency department, how good could Virginie really be? Top 20? Better?

I think even beter. :) Her countrywoman Dechy could get to No. 11 I think...frankly, I see no reason why she couldn't reach Top 10 IF she improeved her consistency.

NeeemZ
Aug 17th, 2007, 12:43 AM
I don't see Virginie being consistent with her form. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 17th, 2007, 12:56 AM
I don't see Virginie being consistent with her form. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

it's a what if she did how would she do question not can she be consistent :p

anyways....i actually think she could be top 15 material IF she could be consistent.....she has some punishing strokes when they are on

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 17th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Like Bam Bam I feel Razzano has a nice all around game but I don't feel she can just finish points on a wimp like most of the top 20.

If this was two years ago I might say she has a chance to get in the top 12 but the top 20 is packed right now.
She would be lucky to make the top 20.

LudwigDvorak
Aug 17th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Razzano's got a great game. People may disregard her win over Hingis at the USO last year but she played SUCH magnificent tennis, and I've seen strains of that the past two weeks as well.

But I'm with stupid ^, if she could crack the top 20 I'd be surprised. I don't think she has it in her, but feel free to prove me wrong.

Viktymise
Aug 17th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Top 20 if she bacame consistent with her game, but its hard to see it happening, she's so up and down and hot and cold. She can be great, having some fine wins in these past 2 weeks, but not too long ago she lost to Meusburger in straights on grass :o.

She destroyed Hingis last year, totally outhitting her. She was going to toe to toe with Kuznetsova at Wimbledon 04 and ended up beating her playing some outrageously good tennis, and had Henin on the ropes in Miami this year. She has the game and the talent, thats for sure. The consistency and mental stamina are a different matter.

HammerGirl
Aug 17th, 2007, 01:05 AM
She wasted her talent sofar really. She could have had much more success.

CaptnMatt
Aug 17th, 2007, 01:12 AM
I remember watching the Hingis/Razzano match at the US Open last year and thinking ''this girl can REALLY hit the ball well''.....Hingis wasn't at her best....but Razzano really impressed me....if she played like that all the time she'd be top 10 I have no doubt.

Jeff
Aug 17th, 2007, 01:49 AM
I personally was impressed watching Virginie live in Los Angeles. I have no idea if she'll keep it together, but there's no doubt that she has a great game. She is quite a big girl and can hit with power. What impressed me though, is how well she changes direction of the ball, especially her backhand. She also has a professional look and attitude on court.

tobi
Aug 17th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Virginie at her best is a joy to watch and for sure she has top 20 potential.

But as we all know she isnt consistent enough to get there also she wasnt lucky with injuries either.

I would love to see her in top 20 and great she is having great results lately hopefully she can keep it up this kind of form and consistency for long period of time.

faboozadoo15
Aug 17th, 2007, 02:15 AM
I think even beter. :) Her countrywoman Dechy could get to No. 11 I think...frankly, I see no reason why she couldn't reach Top 10 IF she improeved her consistency.

Sheesh, don't know why everyone's always hating on Dechy. She's rock solid in her game and demeanor and makes so few unforced errors playing an old school all court game.

I wonder why she's n ot appreciated like Amy Frazier was.

moby
Aug 17th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Virginie hits too flat to be consistent.

mirzalover
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:00 AM
Top 15. If she was consistent she could be the new Testud, you know take out some big names once in a blue moon but never really be able to win a big title.

Bruno71
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:02 AM
She's looked pretty consistent to me in the last couple of weeks. Perhaps it's that last part of her game to click and it's already here? We'll see. I don't know if I see her as a top 10 player though...maybe top 20, yet with the ability to beat just about anybody on a given day (a la Safarova).

DownTheLine21
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:30 AM
Top 15

Hantu515
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:29 AM
She's always been a player I've loved to watch when I can. She's about to get real close to her career high after Toronto, unfortunately she has her 4R USOpen points to defend in 2 weeks right away so she'll probably fall back down. If she could get consistant...Look at this

Her career high (#35) was almost solely due to a SF run at Amelia Island in 2005.

1R def. Loit 7-5ret.
2R def. #9 Molik 6-4,6-4
3R def. #23 Sugiyama 6-4,6-7(3),7-5
QF def. #10 Zvonareva 6-4,6-4
SF l. to #21 Farina Elia (champion) 1-6,3-6

She has the game to beat good players, since she's only 24 I don't see why she couldn't find some of that form again in her future and be a player who looms in the 15-30 range. I don't see how she can't be ranked as high as someone like Garbin sometime in her career.

Hantu515
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Also if she SOMEHOW made the Toronto final lol... She would be seeded for the USOpen

RJWCapriati
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:30 AM
15-20

LindsayRulz
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:34 AM
I' sure she could be top 20.

darkangel23
Aug 17th, 2007, 08:22 AM
She could go definitely higher than her current ranking, but I mean losing to Meusburger or some simple matches she should have won! But she's only 22 years old so she still has time to improve and work on her consistency

-sugi-
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:48 AM
If she became consistent, she could be top 20. But at the moment, there are lots of good players in the top 20, so it would be tough for Virginie.

Viktymise
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Also if she SOMEHOW made the Toronto final lol... She would be seeded for the USOpen

She'll probably be seeded anyway now as she is only 2 spots away and with Zvonareva a near certain and Hingis a question mark, there is a big chance for her.

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 17th, 2007, 12:43 PM
How high could she get?

Well, it depends on who she cops her shit from...I like a nice high grade from Cali (are we talking about "the chief" or something else?) :unsure:

jonny84
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I think she can maintain her ranking around the 30-40s for a while yet.

Hopefully she will win her first WTA title soon, maybe somewhere like Tashkent or Bangkok or Quebec City.

floco
Oct 6th, 2007, 05:37 PM
bump!

Equipped
Oct 6th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Razzano will now crack the top 30 next week!!!

4 French women in the top 30!

Kirill_M
Oct 6th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Top 20 for sure, maybe top 15 ;)