PDA

View Full Version : Rumor:No information confirmed chinese Na Li's withdrawal from 2007 US Open!

Lin Lin
Aug 16th, 2007, 09:34 AM
She is still not well enough now,but no one said she will definitely withdraw from us open,now, we have about two weeks,I do believe she will probably attend it.:) :) :) :) :bounce:

Modiac.
Aug 16th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Actually she officially withdrew according to the entry list released by WTA. :sad:

Mcawen
Aug 16th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Hopefully Na Li will be there.

Ballbasher
Aug 16th, 2007, 10:42 AM
She can't she has withdrawn from the Entry list she'd need a WC now but why'd they give her one?

lympyisthebest
Aug 16th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Don't get my hopes up :(

GertAlert
Aug 16th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Nope, i'm sorry, she really did withdraw.

http://in.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idINIndia-29007920070816?rpc=401&

Rib injury forces China's Li Na out of U.S. Open

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:04PM IST
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's Li Na has pulled out of the U.S. Open starting on Aug. 27 after the recurrence of a muscle injury in her rib area, the China Tennis Association (CTA) said on Thursday.
The 25-year-old, who spearheaded China's breakthrough year in women's tennis in 2006, last played in June at the Wimbledon warm-up tournament in Birmingham, where she sustained the injury during a coughing fit brought about by her pollen allergy.
The world number 21 had planned to make her return to court at last week's Los Angeles Classic but was forced to withdraw from the tournament when the injury flared up again.
"Li Na's injury has not completely recovered so she has to pull out," said CTA spokeswoman Xie Miqing.
Li's compatriot Zheng Jie is also doubtful for the final grand slam event of the year because of the ankle injury that caused her to miss her women's doubles title defence at Wimbledon.
"Zheng Jie is not able to compete for the moment," Xie added. "All the other Chinese players will play at the U.S. Open."

GertAlert
Aug 16th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Btw, i didn't know this:

"... she sustained the injury during a coughing fit brought about by her pollen allergy."

:eek:

akosiirwyn
Aug 16th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Btw, i didn't know this:

"... she sustained the injury during a coughing fit brought about by her pollen allergy."

oh my.. :sad: :hug: I didn't know you could get an injury because of that.. hope she'll get some good treatment on that.

drake3781
Aug 17th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Btw, i didn't know this:

Finally! I have an explanation of how this happened. Thank you.

Weird explanation, but at least I have it. :lol:

xtiano
Aug 17th, 2007, 12:34 AM
in Chinese media, Li Na withdraws, as well as Zheng Jie

IanRadi
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:40 AM
I'm so sad about Na. She can't recover from all her physical problems.

Na Li :hug:

in Chinese media, Li Na withdraws, as well as Zheng Jie

What's going on with Jie? I hated her so much when she won Wimbledon with Yan but now I'm starting to miss her :lol: