PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the US Open Women's Wild Card?

mila_mail
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Can Amber Liu and Alexa Glatch get one?

virex
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:09 AM
stevenson!

Jem
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:59 AM
Can't see them giving one to Liu. Glatch is a close call. Given the horendous injury she suffered, she's faced a tough comeback. There's been some solid improvement this summer, so she might get one. At the very least, she'll get one into the qualifying.

Julie Ditty and Madison Brengle are guaranteed spots, given their standings on the U.S. Pro challenger circuit. Ashley Weinhold won the 18 natonals, so she's a sure bet, and I think Audra Cohen won the NCAA's, so she'll get one. Lindsay Nelson will get one , at the very least, for the qualifying.

Casey Dellacqua probably will get the one for Australia -- unless her ranking got her in. I don't think it was high enough.

Alicia Rocks
Aug 16th, 2007, 05:08 AM
^^ Casey got in directly.

Jessica Moore got the MD WC for Aussies.

RJWCapriati
Aug 16th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Schultz-McCarthy

mercury williams
Aug 16th, 2007, 06:05 AM
maybe,
ahsha rolle
angela haynes
alexandra stevenson

Jakeev
Aug 16th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Can't see them giving one to Liu. Glatch is a close call. Given the horendous injury she suffered, she's faced a tough comeback. There's been some solid improvement this summer, so she might get one. At the very least, she'll get one into the qualifying.

Julie Ditty and Madison Brengle are guaranteed spots, given their standings on the U.S. Pro challenger circuit. Ashley Weinhold won the 18 natonals, so she's a sure bet, and I think Audra Cohen won the NCAA's, so she'll get one. Lindsay Nelson will get one , at the very least, for the qualifying.

Casey Dellacqua probably will get the one for Australia -- unless her ranking got her in. I don't think it was high enough.

Cohen is not guaranteed supposedly because she is the NCAA champ neither is Lindsay. We could see them in qualifying.

Brengle is a shoo in.