PDA

View Full Version : Zi Yan: "Ana Ivanovic Is My Favorite Player" :eek: :spit: :help:

pierce0415
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:18 AM
:shrug: Ana as Zi's favorite player :banghead:

with all due respect to Ana - she is a talented youngster who I think will eventually win a GS - I think it is a little weird for someone Zi's age (22) to have someone Ana's age as their favorite player :help:

I mean, when Zi grew up watching tennis, Ana was still in her crib :ras: ... Ana hasn't won a GS title (yet) ... if Zi is looking for someone who plays like Ana to be her fave player, Zi's favorite player should be Mary :inlove:

Q. Hi, Yan, how big a deal is this for you to knock off Ana Ivanovic, the defending champion?
ZI YAN: She's one of top player in the world. Is my favorite player :eek: , also. And I think today I'm very lucky. So many balls is on the line. I just try my best today.

Q. How did it feel to actually defeat your favorite player?
ZI YAN: Very good (laughing).

Q. Have you ever had a performance like today before?
ZI YAN: What?

Q. Have you ever had a performance like today before? Have you ever played this well and beaten?
ZI YAN: No. Today I am very relaxed to play, so every shot is very good. Every shot is hit very relaxed, so the ball is going maybe a little bit fast.

Q. Why are you so relaxed?
ZI YAN: Because she is the top player. So, I don't think I can win. So I just going to the court and enjoy the match (smiling).

Q. You didn't get nervous at the end, did you?
ZI YAN: A little bit.

Q. Yeah?
ZI YAN: Yeah. Because I'm thinking oh, I'm going to win (laughing).

Q. How big a deal will be made of this back in China, in your home country? What will the reaction be in China to your victory?
ZI YAN: I don't understand.

Q. In China, how will people react? Happy in China?
ZI YAN: Yeah, I think they'll be very happy (smiling).

Q. And your ranking is fairly high, right? Your ranking?
ZI YAN: It's low (laughing).

Q. Why is it low?
ZI YAN: Because last year I play not so good in singles. And I'm very concentrate to the doubles because. And the next year Olympic, I think I will play doubles. So last year I, with my partner, win two Grand Slam in doubles.
So maybe little bit difficult to play singles. Because my ranking always low. Some big tournament I cannot play singles.
But this year I'm very lucky. So many tournament I get in, then I play well, so get ranking back.

Q. And Jie Zheng and Na Li are both injured now, not playing now?
ZI YAN: Yeah, they are injured now, rest.

Q. Will they be back soon?
ZI YAN: Yeah, I think they'll be back soon.

Q. Does it give you a chance maybe?
ZI YAN: No, no, now my ranking is back, so I think I can follow them to play so many tournaments.

Q. Is this the biggest victory of your career?
ZI YAN: Yeah, it is.

Q. Can you describe what went through your mind when you beat your favorite player? What you thought?
ZI YAN: I don't know how to say the ‑‑ I don't know how to say it for English.

Q. It's hard, I know?
ZI YAN: Yeah, sorry (smiling).

Q. Thanks for trying.

Pasta-Na
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:22 AM
yan is just so lovely :hearts: :kiss:

Shepster
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Obviously lesbian then... :p

Mcawen
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:27 AM

OMG...

purplerain
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:27 AM

:o

I hope Yan Zi would at least say how she feel about beating her Favorite in Chinese :lol:

Mcawen
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Yan Zi is poor at English, as we can see from her interview. Her English was even poorer back in the year 2006 when she took two GS doubles titles home.
So don't you think that Yan Zi might mean that Ana is ONE OF HER FAVORITE PLAYERS? And whether she really likes Ana or not, it's just a humble way for a normal Chinese to say something like that.
Seles will be her better fav..

cellophane
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Well, at least you can be glad she didn't say someone from your blacklist was her favourite player :lol: :angel:

pierce0415
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Well, at least you can be glad she didn't say someone from your blacklist was her favourite player :lol: :angel:

:spit:
just can't imagine it :p

Bruno71
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:41 AM

Zi: "Peer is my fave!" :haha:

cellophane
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:41 AM

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

new-york
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:43 AM

with all due respect to Ana - she is a talented youngster who I think will eventually win a GS - I think it is a little weird for someone Zi's age (22) to have someone Ana's age as their favorite player :help:

when Martina Hingis was ruling the courts at 16, being younger than pretty much everyone, i feel like it shouldn't be too silly to watch, learn, enjoy & worship.

pierce0415
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:44 AM

NO :mad: :o :fiery:
that would never happen because Peer has no fans except her diehard fans from her country

Ana is a very charasmatic player who plays agressive, same style as Zi
Peer plays like human backboard ... Zi would not worship someone that plays totally different and boring style

on the other hand, I can believe if Zheng says her fave player is Peer :spit:

new-york
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:45 AM

:spit:.

chinatennis
Aug 16th, 2007, 03:39 AM

I mean, when Zi grew up watching tennis, Ana was still in her crib :ras: ... Ana hasn't won a GS title (yet) ... if Zi is looking for someone who plays like Ana to be her fave player, Zi's favorite player should be Mary :inlove:

Q. Hi, Yan, how big a deal is this for you to knock off Ana Ivanovic, the defending champion?
ZI YAN: She's one of top player in the world. Is my favorite player :eek: , also. And I think today I'm very lucky. So many balls is on the line. I just try my best today.

Q. How did it feel to actually defeat your favorite player?
ZI YAN: Very good (laughing).

Q. Have you ever had a performance like today before?
ZI YAN: What?

Q. Have you ever had a performance like today before? Have you ever played this well and beaten?
ZI YAN: No. Today I am very relaxed to play, so every shot is very good. Every shot is hit very relaxed, so the ball is going maybe a little bit fast.

Q. Why are you so relaxed?
ZI YAN: Because she is the top player. So, I don't think I can win. So I just going to the court and enjoy the match (smiling).

Q. You didn't get nervous at the end, did you?
ZI YAN: A little bit.

Q. Yeah?
ZI YAN: Yeah. Because I'm thinking oh, I'm going to win (laughing).

Q. How big a deal will be made of this back in China, in your home country? What will the reaction be in China to your victory?
ZI YAN: I don't understand.

Q. In China, how will people react? Happy in China?
ZI YAN: Yeah, I think they'll be very happy (smiling).

Q. And your ranking is fairly high, right? Your ranking?
ZI YAN: It's low (laughing).

Q. Why is it low?
ZI YAN: Because last year I play not so good in singles. And I'm very concentrate to the doubles because. And the next year Olympic, I think I will play doubles. So last year I, with my partner, win two Grand Slam in doubles.
So maybe little bit difficult to play singles. Because my ranking always low. Some big tournament I cannot play singles.
But this year I'm very lucky. So many tournament I get in, then I play well, so get ranking back.

Q. And Jie Zheng and Na Li are both injured now, not playing now?
ZI YAN: Yeah, they are injured now, rest.

Q. Will they be back soon?
ZI YAN: Yeah, I think they'll be back soon.

Q. Does it give you a chance maybe?
ZI YAN: No, no, now my ranking is back, so I think I can follow them to play so many tournaments.

Q. Is this the biggest victory of your career?
ZI YAN: Yeah, it is.

Q. Can you describe what went through your mind when you beat your favorite player? What you thought?
ZI YAN: I don't know how to say the ‑‑ I don't know how to say it for English.

Q. It's hard, I know?
ZI YAN: Yeah, sorry (smiling).

Q. Thanks for trying.

“Zi Yan, Chinese Goddess (Top 10 Win:Ana;AO&W Doubles Champ)”

So fast:wavey:

chinatennis
Aug 16th, 2007, 03:47 AM

Oh no

Mana
Aug 16th, 2007, 03:56 AM
That interview is so cute :smooch:

RJWCapriati
Aug 16th, 2007, 05:17 AM
lol :p

Experimentee
Aug 16th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Nice interview :)

sfselesfan
Aug 16th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Clearly broken English and she thinks Ana is a nice person. Much adoo about nothing.

SF

Hachiko
Aug 16th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Zi is just the cutest. :yeah:

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 16th, 2007, 07:33 AM
She didn't quite say that.

A lot of these players have agendas and they don't show it.
I'm sure right now Ana is her favorite player TO BEAT. :lol:

Patty Schynder is a favorite player of Venus', that would probably change a bit if she actually started to beat her.

Hashim.
Aug 16th, 2007, 08:17 AM
:lol:

-sugi-
Aug 16th, 2007, 08:19 AM
:awww: She seems so nice :) :hearts:

:haha: at the "Peer is my fave" comment

matanuriel
Aug 16th, 2007, 08:38 AM
NO :mad: :o :fiery:
that would never happen because Peer has no fans except her diehard fans from her country

Ana is a very charasmatic player who plays agressive, same style as Zi
Peer plays like human backboard ... Zi would not worship someone that plays totally different and boring style

on the other hand, I can believe if Zheng says her fave player is Peer :spit:

Pierce you are just passing the line over and over again:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: !!!
I hope you would eventually grow up and you would regret the things you said about Shahar, Chaky and many more players from your black list! you can think what ever you want but your comments offend us (Shahar's fans, and yes she have fans not only from Isr) so STOP!

I have a question for you: Are you antisametic? because from all in your black list Shahr seem to be the least favourite...

PLP
Aug 16th, 2007, 09:28 AM
:lol:

OMFG! I didn't even realize Ana lost until I read this.

Yan is so cute, great interview and great win!
Sorry Ana! :sad:
Get some rest!!

danra
Aug 16th, 2007, 09:51 AM
If her English isn't that great, is it not likely she meant Ana is one of 'the favourites' rather than her personal favourite? Either way, good on her.

ce
Aug 16th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Pierce, i love your comments about Shahar,and how you are making her fans go crazy :haha:

HammerGirl
Aug 16th, 2007, 10:16 AM
When you make a fool out of a top 3 player with a score of 3 and 1, she becoms you favorite player of course ;)

matanuriel
Aug 16th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Pierce, i love your comments about Shahar,and how you are making her fans go crazy :haha:

I don't really find it funny!:rolleyes:

It has gone too far:help: And I don't think you would appriciate it if Pierce would have done the same to JJ.

Dexter
Aug 16th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Zi. :hug: I wish her the best for the rest of the tournament.

Keaka
Aug 16th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Pierce8514's comments are actually funny in a way :unsure:

darice
Aug 16th, 2007, 11:27 AM

you're lucky i'm both an ana+mary fan. :p :bolt:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 16th, 2007, 11:31 AM
:) Zi :hug:

So cute. I just love her :hearts:

:haha: @ some comments :lol:

pierce0415
Aug 16th, 2007, 01:42 PM
“Zi Yan, Chinese Goddess (Top 10 Win:Ana;AO&W Doubles Champ)”

So fast:wavey:

I updated it as soon as the match was over :spit:

Pierce you are just passing the line over and over again:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: !!!
I hope you would eventually grow up and you would regret the things you said about Shahar, Chaky and many more players from your black list! you can think what ever you want but your comments offend us (Shahar's fans, and yes she have fans not only from Isr) so STOP!

I have a question for you: Are you antisametic? because from all in your black list Shahr seem to be the least favourite...

:tape: @ your spelling
OF COURSE I am not antisemetic
I have plenty of Jewish friends and love learning about the culture
however, I just don't like the tennis player Shahar Peer :sad:
loosen up !! you shouldn't take everything so seriously :wavey:

they are so uptight :tape:

matanuriel
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:01 PM
:tape: @ your spelling
OF COURSE I am not antisemetic
I have plenty of Jewish friends and love learning about the culture
however, I just don't like the tennis player Shahar Peer :sad:
loosen up !! you shouldn't take everything so seriously :wavey:

What can I say Piercy, I know you don't like Shahar, like I don't like some players but you don't see me saying thos things that you say. some times, someone needs to draw the line, and I think you past mine...
By the way, my English, isn't that good and it is not the end of the world after all this is not my birth languagh. Nobody is perfect, right?

I hope we are up for a better start from now on, that you see that saying things like that can hurt somebody else's feelings.;)