PDA

View Full Version : Ivanovic will lose 1r US Open.

GoDominique
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:04 PM
The truth lies somewhere in between.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:05 PM
:rolls:

selyoink
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:05 PM
I hope so but I'm sure she will make at least 4th round since there are almost no dangerous unseeded players or low seeded players.

jonny84
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:08 PM
No she won't crash in 1R. She can go to N.Y. now and prepare and train her socks off to win.

DownTheLine21
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:10 PM
If anything, this loss will motivate her to be absolutely ready for the US Open. I will be shocked if she doesn't get to the QF at the very least.

Conor
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Oh dont be so bloody dramatic! :rolleyes: :o

HammerGirl
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:15 PM
She won't win it in her life for sure. Still women's tennis is weak she can make it to the QFs something like that.

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Everyone who prefers a fast to medium hard court is losing this week, Santangelo, Ivanovic, Chakvetadze, Kirilenko, Dementieva.
All these players will be fine once they get on the medium pace courts of the US Open.

cellophane
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:17 PM
She won't win it in her life for sure. Still women's tennis is weak she can make it to the QFs something like that.

Pretty much (unless you mean ever win it, which I don't know), but you never know what shape everyone will show up in.

Ceri
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:23 PM
LOL! nice thread ;) ...I still expect Ana to make a strong showing at the Open if not reach the final; what she does if she makes it there is the looking through a glass darkly bit.

Aaron.
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Ivanovic will make the 3r and sent packing by Bartoli

Ana dosent live up to her hype for sure shes good a few Titles but hasnt won a important match in a GS

faboozadoo15
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Oh the dramatics.
I'm one of the few who predicted (and posted about her early exit in Toronto ;)
I know she would lose some interest and be looking too far forward. It may actually help her to play a shitty match.

She sure as hell isn't winning the US Open. She may reach the QF or the SF.

Dexter
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:33 PM
She's not gonna get past qualies!!!!!11

Lunaris
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Everyone who prefers a fast to medium hard court is losing this week, Santangelo, Ivanovic, Chakvetadze, Kirilenko, Dementieva.
All these players will be fine once they get on the medium pace courts of the US Open.
Actually I read the court are being resurfaced and it's gonna be faster this year (especially Arthur Ashe), similar to indoor carpet to favor big serving american players like Roddick, Fish or Ginepri and eliminate the kinds of Nadal or Davydenko.

alias
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Actually I read the court are being resurfaced and it's gonna be faster this year (especially Arthur Ashe), similar to indoor carpet to favor big serving american players like Roddick, Fish or Ginepri and eliminate the kinds of Nadal or Davydenko.
pfft...they'll do anything to get him another slam:rolleyes:

Fidello
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:50 PM
She's not gonna get past qualies!!!!!11

:lol: Maybe she'll retire tomorrow, or her hair will turn grey

sfselesfan
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:54 PM
I realize that the thread title is a joke, nonetheless I want to say the following for all of the Chicken Littles out there.

Ana is doing just fine for her age. Players of her potential typically experience losses like this. She's still on track to be a slam champion in the near future. It's hard to have consistency at her age in today's physical game. She's just got to roll with the loss. Let someone else have a moment in the limelight. She'll be fine for the US Open. Given her consistency this year, unless she hits a dangerous floater (a la a Williams) she'll almost certainly be a semifinalist. I think counting her out is dumb. She has to be on the short list of top contenders.

SF

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:54 PM

Well then edge to the players I've mentioned. :lol:

Buitenzorg
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:01 AM
I hope JJ is not laughing about Ana lost to Yan 3-6 1-6 today :help:

Jirku
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:04 AM
I hope JJ is not laughing about Ana lost to Yan 3-6 1-6 today :help:

i think she's drinking champagne on this victory :D

serenaforever
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Oh dont be so bloody dramatic! :rolleyes: :o

I agree :rolleyes:

Aaron.
Aug 25th, 2007, 01:50 PM
:lol:

Hashim.
Aug 25th, 2007, 01:52 PM
:tape:

Viktymise
Aug 25th, 2007, 02:36 PM
To Nakamura? :help: No Chance.

jonny84
Aug 25th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Doubt it.

She will easily reach the fourth round.

sharpifan
Aug 25th, 2007, 03:30 PM
or maybe she'll loose 6-3 6-1 to nakamura..maybe she's afraid of asian girls:scared:

Fire_Fox
Aug 25th, 2007, 03:31 PM
bla-bla-bla!

Ana won`t loose in the 1st round!

Thanx4nothin
Aug 25th, 2007, 03:33 PM
If anything, this loss will motivate her to be absolutely ready for the US Open. I will be shocked if she doesn't get to the QF at the very least.

You expect her to beat Venus, whom she hasn't taken a set off in three meetings? :confused:

papru
Aug 25th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Anas ass will be kicked in the 4th round by Vee :angel:

sharpifan
Aug 25th, 2007, 03:38 PM
You expect her to beat Venus, whom she hasn't taken a set off in three meetings? :confused: u r right..and I remember in the first set at wimbledon that she was about to loose 6-0 against venus:o

Effy
Aug 25th, 2007, 03:39 PM
what the hell? she has an easy draw til Venus. I hope she doesnt have probs with her first rounds, i doubt she could beat Venus though, but who knows ;)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 25th, 2007, 03:41 PM
You expect her to beat Venus, whom she hasn't taken a set off in three meetings? :confused:

So? She never won a set against Patty in the first 4 meetings. Now won the last 2 meetings.
But of course it's impossible that the 5th seed can beat Venus :rolleyes:

I actually don't expect her to do anything. If she will lose 1st round, then I think I need more time than any of her losses.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Aug 25th, 2007, 08:37 PM
"Ivanovic will lose 1r US Open"

:confused:

:o

:scratch:

:yeah:

"Ivanovic will lose AFTER 1r US Open"

;) :angel: :wavey:

Bruno71
Aug 25th, 2007, 08:42 PM

What you responded to was written before the draw came out.

shrOOf
Aug 25th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I love this stupid threads :hearts: but what do you expect? :shrug:

zons
Aug 25th, 2007, 11:25 PM
So?

husse
Aug 25th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Pretty much (unless you mean ever win it, which I don't know), but you never know what shape everyone will show up in.

You guys are nuts!
She made finals of Roland garros, considering her lack of movement thats unbelivable.
She made the semifinal of Wimbledon, by far her worst surface.

She comes to her best surface, playing her best tennis, with the experience of having been very far in the other Grand Slams of the year. And you think shes going to lose in the 4th round?????

Viktymise
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:00 AM
You guys are nuts!
She made finals of Roland garros, considering her lack of movement thats unbelivable.

She comes to her best surface, playing her best tennis, with the experience of having been very far in the other Grand Slams of the year. And you think shes going to lose in the 4th round?????

Ehm Well if she plays Venus who is a 2 time USO Champion, current Wimbledon Champion, and leads Ivanovic 3-0 in H2H, having never dropped a set to her then saying she's going to lose in the 4th round seems pretty realistic to me :tape:

husse
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I personally thougt Venus was lucky in Wimbledon. Ana played as bad as Ive seen her for a set and a half, and when she started playing better, Venus only had to serve her way to the final.

And those head2head, besides the Wimbledon, I remember they met indoors a couple of years ago, and even then Venus barely scraped by.

HammerGirl
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:10 AM
i can't wait!

Viktymise
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:12 AM
I personally thougt Venus was lucky in Wimbledon. Ana played as bad as Ive seen her for a set and a half, and when she started playing better, Venus only had to serve her way to the final.

And those head2head, besides the Wimbledon, I remember they met indoors a couple of years ago, and even then Venus barely scraped by.

They met indoors last year aswell. It was Venus's 1st match since Wimbledon and she won in straights pretty handily :wavey:

Ivanovic hasn't performed consistently well yet against the Elite of Venus, Serena and Justine. They have too much for her at this point :shrug:

Dexter
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:20 AM
They met indoors last year aswell. It was Venus's 1st match since Wimbledon and she won in straights pretty handily :wavey:

Ivanovic hasn't performed consistently well yet against the Elite of Venus, Serena and Justine. They have too much for her at this point :shrug:You really do feel better after posting it for the Xth time, eh? :lol:

Cp6uja
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:20 AM
You guys are nuts!

She comes to her best surface, playing her best tennis, with the experience of having been very far in the other Grand Slams of the year. And you think shes going to lose in the 4th round?????She actualy dont have "worst surface". In juniors she played Wimbledon final, last season she lose her 4R match against eventual winner (Mauresmo) and this season she again lose vs eventual champion (Venus) in SF. At hardcourt Ana won one tier-I (and once she is tier-I runnerup) and one tier-II and at clay she reach RG final and won one tier-I... so she is all-around player no doubt.

Reason why Ana have much better chances to win against Venus at USO than at Wimbledon is not because hardcourt is her better surface - reason is that grass is Venus best surface. Also, Ana needs to win only one set to win this match because she have this season 5-0 H2H against TOP10 in 3rd set and Venus have 0-5 in 2007 H2H against TOP10 in 3rd set, because she is not fit enough this season and her only chances is to trash all they opponents in straight sets like in Wimbledon, but i dont see that story this time, and Ana have nice chances to stop her already in R4.

Viktymise
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:22 AM
You really do feel better after posting it for the Xth time, eh? :lol:

I said this like once before.

HammerGirl
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Top form Venus would defeat top form Ivanovic 6-1 6-2.

NeeemZ
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:30 AM

Below par form Venus could lose to Ivanovic 6-1 6-2. Although that's highly unlikely.

woosey
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:30 AM

of the slams, it's now considered the fastest of the slams. which i believe means it is pretty fast, not medium pace. :rolleyes:

woosey
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:35 AM

lucky?:lol:

last i checked a great serve is your first line of offense when trying to win. and last i checked, it is a legitimate way to win.

husse
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:40 AM
I didnt say anything about the serving, I said if Ana played better prior to that stage, she would have fought better.

woosey
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:42 AM
I didnt say anything about the serving, I said if Ana played better prior to that stage, she would have fought better.

you said she only had to serve her way to the final as if it is not a legitimate way to win - like it doesn't take any skill or or game or talent to do that.

of course, the only stroke you recognize is the forehand, right?

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Aug 26th, 2007, 01:11 AM
I'd say 4th round

tennisfanno
Aug 26th, 2007, 02:15 AM
I'd say 3rd round:o

DownTheLine21
Aug 26th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Ivanovic could play Zi in the third round, but I highly doubt that Ana will lose to her again.

pkilli
Aug 26th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Nope. Ana will meet Justine in the Semis :D

tennisfanno
Aug 26th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Nope. Ana will meet Justine in the Semis :D
she won't get past venus:cool:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 26th, 2007, 07:03 AM

Uhm, didn't everyone say Venus was great at Wimbledon? Now she's says that she wins the US Open if she plays like that.
In the SF Wimbledon, it wasn't Ana's best by far.
In the 1st set Ana let Venus easily dominate the game.
2nd set was better but Ana started too late. She really had a chance to safe that last MP as well. If it went to 5-5 then Ana is in the match again. In Los Angeles Ana really played better than at Wimbledon. Less defensive and the forehand was way better.

IF Ana will be 100% focused from the begining and play her game, then Venus may bring her top game but I still don't see Ana lose then.
In LA SF, it looked like that Ana would be the winner afterall.
Like: 'MP's? So what? You ain't gonna win'

So I hope that they play this tournament. I only see Venus winning when Ana wake's up late again.

mankind
Aug 26th, 2007, 07:23 AM
pfft...they'll do anything to get him another slam:rolleyes:

Yeah, like putting him in the same quarter as Federer, the best fast-court player in the world. :rolleyes:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 28th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Ivanovic will lose 1r US Open.

Almost ;)