Not a big surprise :sad:

Willam
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Momo?? Out of Us Open!!

The year im going??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :sad:

Zombielicious
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:51 PM
:sad: I can't believe this. Get better soon Momo.

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Zvonareva will likely withdraw too :( :sad:
she's withdrawn from New Haven next week also.

tenn_ace
wasn't it known like forever?

Wiggly
I think her year is over. No chances for YEC.

selyoink
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Seems like she has lost her drive.

Jenny.C.Fan
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Where is the source?

stefi62
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:54 PM
source?

jonny84
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Shame.

Hopefully 2008 will be a better year for Mauresmo.

WF4EVER
I've never heard of an appendectomy causing so many problems. But expected withdrawal.

TheBoiledEgg
Where is the source?

Entry List is only source i need.

DownTheLine21
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:57 PM
With all of these withdrawals, I just need to know: Will Kirilenko be seeded? I'm assuming she will now.

Willam
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Entry List is only source i need.

:p

Bruno71
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Not unexpected, unfortunately. Momo, you're killing me :sad:

Jenny.C.Fan
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Amelie is on the entry list

Viktymise
Aug 15th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Amelie is on the entry list

If TBE say's she's out, then she's out unfortunatley ;)

Jenny.C.Fan
Leading the entry list is world No. 1 Henin of Belgium, the 2003 US Open champion and last year’s runner-up. Following Henin on the entry list are No. 2 Sharapova; No. 3 Jelena Jankovic of Serbia; No. 4 Kuznetsova of Russia, the 2004 US Open champion; No. 5 Ana Ivanovic of Serbia, the reigning US Open Series champion; No. 6 Amelie Mauresmo of France, who won the 2006 Australian Open and Wimbledon titles; No. 7 Serena Williams of Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., who won her eighth career Grand Slam singles title at the Australian Open this year; and No. 8 Anna Chakvetadze of Russia.

Ballbasher
Julia just one out of Main Draw hope she can make it :)
Sorry MoMo :hug:

moon
I've never heard of an appendectomy causing so many problems. But expected withdrawal.

:(
I just remember talking to her coach during Miami and him saying that she would be back by Berlin....Now it's 3 months later, and there are still issues? :confused: I wonder what went wrong?

ZAK
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Leading the entry list is world No. 1 Henin of Belgium, the 2003 US Open champion and last year’s runner-up. Following Henin on the entry list are No. 2 Sharapova; No. 3 Jelena Jankovic of Serbia; No. 4 Kuznetsova of Russia, the 2004 US Open champion; No. 5 Ana Ivanovic of Serbia, the reigning US Open Series champion; No. 6 Amelie Mauresmo of France, who won the 2006 Australian Open and Wimbledon titles; No. 7 Serena Williams of Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., who won her eighth career Grand Slam singles title at the Australian Open this year; and No. 8 Anna Chakvetadze of Russia.

It's updated every day

Leo_DFP
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:03 PM
What a disappointing year for Mauresmo, with so many injuries and struggles with confidence. After her brilliant 2006... I do think and hope she can get the magic back. My original prediction for her after AO '06 was that she'd end with 3 Majors.

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:03 PM
last update was 30 mins ago

Thanx4nothin
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Shame but predictable, she really won't be back this year.

DownTheLine21
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:06 PM
last update was 30 mins ago

In total, which players have withdrawn?

iPatty
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:07 PM
could retirement be on amelie's mind?

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:13 PM
In total, which players have withdrawn?

3 from maindraw

Kirilenko is next to be seeded.

Morrissey
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Sorry you SHOULD NOT try to shock people like that. We need a SOURCE such as a news article. Until there is an actual article this is all heresay.

jonny84
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:19 PM
could retirement be on amelie's mind?

Hope not. Would be a loss to the tour if she did retire. She's just been injured and had operations so its been difficult for her to have form, thats all this year.

simba
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:20 PM
get well momo

Ceri
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:20 PM
:( real shame - hope she uses this time out effectively.

Matt01
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Damn :sad:

Sorry you SHOULD NOT try to shock people like that. We need a SOURCE such as a news article. Until there is an actual article this is all heresay.

:rolleyes: TBE is a reliable source. It is not "heresay" :rolleyes:

Matt01
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:24 PM

I don't think that her appendectomy is the real problem...it's her mind/motivation...

The Dawntreader
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Expected after her pulling out of Toronto. I doubt we'll see her for the rest of the year now. If she's not motivated to play at a Slam then she wont play in the autumn season surely.

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:36 PM

you'll get your news article when the news agencies find out.

Dexter
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Sucks for her and her fans... I hope she finds fire in herself again if not this year then in 2008.

Pureracket
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:39 PM
To m

Pureracket
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:40 PM
To me, TBE is actually more reputable than some news sources; however, his thread that he started on Venus' playing in Korea has slightly tarnished his record for me.

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:42 PM
It's not a shock for me. Totally expected news. The season is over for Amelie, I believe :sad:

mygirlV
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:50 PM
To me, TBE is actually more reputable than some news sources; however, his thread that he started on Venus' playing in Korea has slightly tarnished his record for me.
Me too! I was shocked when I saw the name :eek: of the thread starter, but he does know his stuff.

Linnie
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:54 PM
As soon as she pulled out of Toronto and New Haven I knew it :( Hopefully she'll be back for the indoor season, but who knows :shrug:

NeeemZ
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:54 PM
It's not a shock for me. Totally expected news. The season is over for Amelie, I believe :sad:

I believe this as well.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Oh Amelie. :sad:

Shepster
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Sucks for her and her fans...
And Hantuchova's... just when Serena would be in the same seeding group as her and she couldn't draw a Williams till the QF... :timebomb:

Linnie
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:58 PM
It's on her website:

http://www.ameliemauresmo.fr/fr/news/index.php?id=252

- Impasse sur l'US Open : 15/08/2007

Aujourd'hui mercredi, Amélie vient de prendre sa décision de ne pas aller jouer l' US Open ...
Amélie : " Comme je l'ai exprimé il y a quelques semaines, j'ai besoin de prendre le temps nécessaire pour retrouver l'envie et pouvoir être à mon meilleur niveau dès la reprise. Depuis mon absence, je continue à me maintenir en forme sur le plan physique. Dès la semaine prochaine, Xavier viendra me rejoindre. Je profite de cette période pour mettre tout particulièrement l'accent sur une rééducation des adducteurs (Mise en place par le doc' Gilles Daubinet) qui m'ont posé pas mal de soucis depuis un an. Côté tennis, je n'ai toujours pas repris la raquette, dans ces conditions, participer à l'US Open ne serait pas sérieux pour un objectif de titre." Concernant la suite, Amélie a programmé de jouer le tournoi de Bejing et continuer sur les tournois indoor.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Dead end on the US Open:
15/08/2007

Today Wednesday, Amélie has just made her decision not to go to play the US Open …

Amélie: “As I expressed a few weeks ago, I need to take time necessary to find the desire and to be able to be on my best level as of the recovery. Since my absence, I continue to maintain to me in form on the physical level. As of the next week, Xavier will come to join me. I benefit from this period particularly to stress a rehabilitation of the adductors (Installation by the doc' Gilles Daubinet) which have posed not badly concern to me for one year. Side tennis, I still did not take again the racket, under these conditions, to take part in US Open would not be serious for an objective of title.” Concerning the continuation, Amélie is programmed to play the tournament of Bejing and to continue on the indoor tournaments.

Kitten63
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Comeback strong Amelie

serenaforever
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:17 AM
shocker

DownTheLine21
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:22 AM
So, the withdrawals now include Mauresmo, Zvonareva, and Li, correct? Does anyone else seem likely to withdraw?

Vamos.
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:22 AM
It is not just the appendectomy. She has lost her game completely and has talked it through with her coach. She isn't motivated etc. and wants time off from the game to recuperate.

She is making some v.mature and risky decisions, I am proud of her. As a fan of her person this is a great decision, as a fan of her tennis it saddens me deeply:sad:

cometz9
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:29 AM
2-time major champion Mauresmo withdraws from U.S. Open
August 15, 2007
NEW YORK (AP) -- Two-time major champion Amelie Mauresmo (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/166/;_ylt=AjhK4_JpQSM_5PgR8ayfgXcgv7YF) pulled out of the U.S. Open on Wednesday, citing a groin injury and the need to recover fully from the appendectomy she had in March.
Mauresmo hasn't played in a tournament since losing in the fourth round at Wimbledon on July 3, although she did participate in France's Fed Cup semifinal July 14-15.
She put at least part of the blame for her third-round loss at the French Open in June on the groin problem.
"My doctor has recommended that I allow myself additional time to rest and recover from this injury so that it is completely healed," Mauresmo said in a statement released by the WTA Tour. "Obviously, this is one of the worst times of the year for me to have an injury."
Mauresmo, formerly ranked No. 1 and now No. 7, won the Australian Open and Wimbledon in 2006. She reached the quarterfinals or semifinals at the U.S. Open each of the past six years.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

K-Dog
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Honestly, this is a good decision for her. She hasn't looked confident at all this year and has had her struggles off the court with illness and other assorted injuries. For me, after Wimbledon 2006, it seemed that something had been taken out of Amelie's game. She was playing really defensively and her shots were easy to attack. She had some pretty embarrassing losses for being number 1 in the world for a stretch. A lot of bagel sets lost, as well as just being totally outhit from the back of the court on too many occasions. She was playing too safe. More often than not, Amelie was playing not to lose, and unfortuately for her, her game looks weak when she plays like that. When Amelie is playing her best, she's aggresive. She's hitting her backhand with authority, coming into the net when ever she can, hitting big first serves, and controlling the angles of the court. Her topspin used to be so much more pentrating than it looked after Wimbledon 2006. Now, it just sits up because she isn't accelertating upon contact. She's afraid to be aggresive.

From the beginning of the year, power players have troubled her. She's lost to Safarova twice in the 3rd round of slams. Nicole has beaten her more times than not. Justine has beaten her more often. Jankovic, while not a true power player, hits a heavier ball than Amelie and has been able to beat her convincingly. For Amelie to get back to where she was, she must stop with the defensive slicing and dicing, and begin to hit the ball harder. To me, it looks like she is babying the ball. Confidence is the missing ingridient here. When Amelie has nothing to lose, she plays great. When she is the hunted, her game falls to pieces in more way than one.

A break from tennis is probably a good thing for Amelie. She seems a bit burnt out and should try to come back rejuvenated. When things continually are going poorly for you, no matter how much you want them to change and how hard you are trying, it is best for her to not lose anymore confidence and take a break. Believe me, her appendectomy does not take a long time to heal. It's her mental fortitude that has been broken down. It happens to champions all the time. Venus and Serena are NOT the same as they were before the injuries of 2003. Graf and Seles both lost some confidence with their various injuries. Martina Hingis has gone through the same thing following injuries in 2002. Davenport never won a major after 2000, when the injuries started to pile on year after year. Kim was broken down mentally from all the injuries she sustained. Capriati never really regained the form that won her 3 majors after 2002 when she had the problems with her eyes. It happens in sports. Justine is really the only one who's dealt with injuries, illness, and personal problems well. She's come back resilient every time. Not everyone is as strong as she is. Hopefully this time off will do Amelie some good. She deserves a better last stretch of her career than this.

GracefulVenus
Aug 16th, 2007, 01:05 AM
That sucks to hear........sorry for her fans.

Venus Forever
Aug 16th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Poor Amelie... hopefully she comes back strong :(

vettipooh
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:28 AM
Damn! That sucks. I always enjoy seeing Momo at the Open. Hope she gets it together soon. :hug: to her fans.

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:29 AM
Amelie. :sad: :sad:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 16th, 2007, 03:03 AM
Blah. Too bad, Amelie. I hope she feels better and is more motivated whenever she decides to get back out there. Never been a huge fan, but I definitely respect her as a player, and enjoy watching her (sometimes).

virex
Aug 16th, 2007, 03:06 AM
nooooo
so sad:(

RJWCapriati
Aug 16th, 2007, 05:18 AM
Nice to see Olga take her place though......unfortunate that Amelie won't play she hasn't missed a slam in what seems like forever.

hablo
Aug 16th, 2007, 05:43 AM
Concernant la suite, Amélie a programmé de jouer le tournoi de Bejing et continuer sur les tournois indoor.

I don't know if I would put too much faith in that part. :tape:

Anyhow, I hope Momo finds motivation again. Please don't retire now... There is always the Olympics Games coming up. Maybe she can make that one of her goals (if not the final one). :shrug:

*Jean*
Aug 16th, 2007, 07:16 AM
I'm so sad...I didnt wanna say myself she would withdraw and I did hope she'd play...:sad: I hope she'll be back soon! :(

Ceze
Aug 16th, 2007, 07:45 AM
sad news :sad: she'll be out of top 10 for the first time since... 2001? :unsure:

come back strong Amelie :hug:

brayster87
Aug 16th, 2007, 07:50 AM
She wasn't a contender anyway.....So no harm done!

mirinho
Aug 16th, 2007, 08:40 AM
She is afraid of Safarova ;) :)

FORZA SARITA
Aug 16th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Zvonareva will likely withdraw too :( :sad:
she's withdrawn from New Haven next week also.

so Muller will be seeded again?:tape:

jazar
Aug 16th, 2007, 08:44 AM
what a shame. she was going to do fuck all anyway so it was good of her to step aside and give someone else a chance

Hashim.
Aug 16th, 2007, 08:51 AM
momo :sad::sobbing:

Slumpsova
Aug 16th, 2007, 09:27 AM
WHY SURPRISED? :shrug:

Bruno71
Aug 16th, 2007, 09:35 AM
The thing that bugs me the most is that I really felt Momo's game was getting back on track at Eastbourne. Even though she mini-choked a few leads to Justine, it was Justine, and she played really well considering the blustery conditions. Then, all of a sudden, the 3rd set against Vaidisova and Momo just vanishes...really rather gave up. I can't help but feel that what Momo lacks the most right now is patience, and I don't know if a break like this will necessarily help with that. But I hope it will anyway, if anything to help her discover whether she has it in her to seriously keep going or not.

Duramont
Aug 16th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Amélie :sobbing: :sad:

What a bad and sad year 2007 has become! :(

galadriel
Aug 16th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Momo :sad: :sad:

freeandlonely
Aug 16th, 2007, 10:03 AM
shock

Kart
Aug 16th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Amelie :sad:.

darkangel23
Aug 16th, 2007, 11:01 AM
so Muller will be seeded again?:tape:

No I don't think so! First Radwanska, Krajicek and Kirilenko if all those players truly are going to withdraw (Momo, Vera Zvonareva, Na Li) if one more than those 3 will withdraw then Müller could be seeded...:tape:

narrisch
Aug 16th, 2007, 11:12 AM
:crying2:

rrfnpump
Aug 16th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Vera Zvonareva said she still needs some weeks to recover and that she cant hit her backhand with full power yet. She is most likely to be out. Pretty sure she will withdraw in the next days.

:sad:

stefi62
Aug 16th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Sorry to hear that for all Mauresmo's fans! :hug:

darice
Aug 16th, 2007, 11:26 AM
momo+vera :hug:

Yasmine
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:07 PM
:sobbing: :sad: :bigcry:

I can't say it comes as a surprise though :o

SvetaPleaseWin.
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:37 PM
not really a surprise but i was hoping she would give it a go-losing semi final points is gonna hurt her ranking and it really puts her out of the YEC race which means more points lost. i just think its gonna be hard to rebuild her confidence with tougher and tougher draws-but if she feels she needs more time then it probably the right decision

CORIA01
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:38 PM
It Was Expected
She Will Loose Many Points

Bulgaria
Aug 16th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Can somebody give the Entry List site.

The Kaz
Aug 16th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Momo :awww:

The Kaz
Aug 16th, 2007, 01:38 PM

:o Why do you think it hasnt been posted on this board :o

GertAlert
Aug 16th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Nobody can, because there is none!
At least not for the general public.

Entry lists used to be published well in advance on this forum up to a year ago, but then the WTA or ITF or someone (?) decided this wasn't allowed anymore. If you want to know something about entry lists you could ask one of the moderators your specific player questions.

(Btw, for Grand Slams the entry lists can be deduced from the WTA site. Just take the ranking list from six weeks before it starts. Then start crossing out those players that withdraw. All others will most likely compete.)

sapir1434
Aug 17th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Such a bad year. I hate it :o
Get better Amelie :hug:

shirley
Aug 17th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I hope Amelie comes back soon

griffin
Aug 17th, 2007, 02:57 PM
:sobbing: :sad: :bigcry:

I can't say it comes as a surprise though :o

On the contrary, after she pulled out of Toronto and New HAven, I would have been surprised if she HAD played the Open.

Yasmine
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:56 PM
that was I said, it's not a surprise at all;)

faboozadoo15
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:57 PM

:haha: :help: :tape:

faboozadoo15
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:00 PM
So, the withdrawals now include Mauresmo, Zvonareva, and Li, correct? Does anyone else seem likely to withdraw?

Karma's going to come back and bite you in the ass! If it hasn't already...

clairio
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:54 PM
It's godd to see al lthe support for Amelie here, but for all those people saying that they are not surprised about this withdrawal clearly don't know what Amelie is about. She says that she learnt long ago that tennis is not the be all and end all in life. Her adductor strain is something she has been struggling with for a while, including during Wimbledon so she is doing the right thing by not playing.

And she will come back renewed and refreshed and ready to take on Nicole, Justine and Lucy.

And how come no-one called Justine a choker when she lost spectacularly to Bartoli at Wimbledon? It seems that everyone is quick to lable Amelie this way whenever she loses a match that she should have won. Well Justine should have kicked Marion's behind....And look at all the results in Toronto this week....Ivanovic, Chekvetadze all losing to players they should have beaten...yet not once do we hear the word choke.

Let's start giving Amelie the credit she deserves, as one of the few World Number 1's still playing on the tour.

No.1Hingis
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Sorry for you guys, Momo's fans.. is just awful to know your fav wont play.. but is abt being healt.. so.. she's going to be fine..

Natalicious
Aug 17th, 2007, 08:13 PM
it was expected but i'm still very dissapointed :bigcry: :sad:

Direwolf
Aug 17th, 2007, 10:26 PM
one thing thats gonna be broken is her top ten record...

i mean... shes on of those active top ten players who has been in the top
ten for consecutive years...

supergrunt
Aug 18th, 2007, 12:15 AM
she knows that she was going to loose anyway- she wanted to save herself the embarrasing beating that Serena was going to give her. :shrug: