PDA

View Full Version : US Open Cheering Thread :bounce:

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Couple weeks away from the US Open and she's gonna be playing for 3 weeks in a row with New Haven coming up next.....so this is where we officially cheer on our girl!!!!!!! Here's to a 3rd US Open title and your 2nd GS of the year :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

serenaforever
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:26 PM
GO SERENA!! THIS ONE'S YOURS!! NO ONE CAN TAKE THIS FROM YOU!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Brooklyn90
Aug 16th, 2007, 01:12 AM
I hope she takes the title!!!!!!!!!!! :yeah: :bounce:

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 16th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Is she still in Pilot Penn?

Brooklyn90
Aug 16th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Is she still in Pilot Penn?

Yes :D

Lulu.
Aug 16th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Good luck in New Haven and the USO Serena :yeah:

LindsayRulz
Aug 16th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Good luck in NH and US Open Rena! :)

serenaforever
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:02 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

StarDuvallGrant
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Go Serena, go Serena, go Serena!

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 17th, 2007, 01:39 PM
The NH draw should be coming out in a couple minutes now and she should be the #2 seed :D

Mauresmo out of the US Open so our girl is guaranteed a top 8 seeding :D

serenaforever
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:45 PM
The NH draw should be coming out in a couple minutes now and she should be the #2 seed :D

Mauresmo out of the US Open so our girl is guaranteed a top 8 seeding :D

GO SERENA!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

The_roof
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Go Serena!!!

She will be #7 seed at USO i guess, and she could face JH in QF again...

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Serena is out of New Haven.... :(

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:29 PM
at least TBE hasn't announced her withdrawal from the US Open entry list

serenaforever
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:10 PM
SERENA WITHDREW FROM NEW HAVEN!!

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Olórin
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Serena will be at the USO, NH was just a ploy by Anne Worcester I think. She NEVER plays the week before a slam and risks the injury, we learnt this after Sydney 2002. She hasn't played the week before a slam since then, nor will she ever again.

I still think she'll do great at the USO, as I believe she will be fully fit by then, she looks in great shape so must have been working out. I think she will have a rusty first couple of rounds, but by the round of 32 she will be rouning into form nicely ready for Venus, Justine or whoever the hell she meets in the quarters :D

Go Serena! :woohoo:

I still think she is the most likely to win the USO. Blind devotion :hearts:

serenaforever
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Theres always the hope that she'll do what Venus did in London
Play herself into form in the first couple matches, continue to make adjustments and reel off 7 str8
:banana:

sweetpeas
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Just win ,the us open!:bounce: I LOVE YOU SERENA:wavey: :kiss: :cool: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship: :D :) :cool: :wavey: :bounce: 1:worship:

Slutiana
Aug 18th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Serena will be at the USO, NH was just a ploy by Anne Worcester I think. She NEVER plays the week before a slam and risks the injury, we learnt this after Sydney 2002. She hasn't played the week before a slam since then, nor will she ever again.

I still think she'll do great at the USO, as I believe she will be fully fit by then, she looks in great shape so must have been working out. I think she will have a rusty first couple of rounds, but by the round of 32 she will be rouning into form nicely ready for Venus, Justine or whoever the hell she meets in the quarters :D

Go Serena! :woohoo:

I still think she is the most likely to win the USO. Blind devotion :hearts:

no, venus is:p but serena can win it. Go Serena!

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 18th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Theres always the hope that she'll do what Venus did in London
Play herself into form in the first couple matches, continue to make adjustments and reel off 7 str8
:banana:

would love it if she did that!!!! play herself into form in the first couple rounds then shalack whoever stands in her way....except Venus where they will play a classic final only for Serena to previal 21-19 in a 3rd set TB :angel:

serenaforever
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:48 PM
would love it if she did that!!!! play herself into form in the first couple rounds then shalack whoever stands in her way....except Venus where they will play a classic final only for Serena to previal 21-19 in a 3rd set TB :angel:

sounds good to me
I really hope it happens!!
Actually, I just hope she plays :angel:

-VSR-
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Is this Serena's US Open dress?

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/08/16/sports/playmagazine/19williams-600.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/08/16/sports/playmagazine/19williams.1-450.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/08/16/sports/playmagazine/19williams.2-650.jpg

Serena Williams photographed at the Beverly Hills Country Club on July 12, 2007.

Lulu.
Aug 18th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Is this Serena's US Open dress?

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/08/16/sports/playmagazine/19williams-600.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/08/16/sports/playmagazine/19williams.1-450.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/08/16/sports/playmagazine/19williams.2-650.jpg

Serena Williams photographed at the Beverly Hills Country Club on July 12, 2007.

Thats what I wanna know. Im gussing she will either wear this or the blue dress

doni1212
Aug 18th, 2007, 05:00 PM
That is beautiful.

martina83
Aug 18th, 2007, 05:20 PM
her umm... boobs, in the last pic:eek: It looks like she has no support!:lol:

serenaforever
Aug 19th, 2007, 05:06 PM
her umm... boobs, in the last pic:eek: It looks like she has no support!:lol:

:confused: :confused:

Olórin
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I know those pics have been edited a lot probably, but considering they were taken when Serena was still quite injured, she is looking in great shape. I think the USO should be quite spectacular if she has a backhand. :)

serenaforever
Aug 19th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I know those pics have been edited a lot probably, but considering they were taken when Serena was still quite injured, she is looking in great shape. I think the USO should be quite spectacular if she has a backhand. :)

I agree:worship:

Diesel
Aug 19th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Pretty much it's just the thumb, everything else is in order.

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 20th, 2007, 04:57 PM
dress is great!!!! :D

Natalicious
Aug 20th, 2007, 09:43 PM
wow i love the dress

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 20th, 2007, 10:07 PM
maybe she will double up on both dresses.....where one during the day and one during the night

Lulu.
Aug 20th, 2007, 11:31 PM
maybe she will double up on both dresses.....where one during the day and one during the night

That would work

Il Primo!
Aug 21st, 2007, 06:15 PM
Ouch, Serena's thumb worries the hell out of me right now :unsure: Really really really hope she plays in NY, tennis is boring these days.
PS: The dress is fire!:hearts:

Olórin
Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:56 AM
I just read that opening to Serena's website.

And now I am absolutely convinced she will win it :bounce:
Don't get my hopes up again Ree :unsure:

winone23
Aug 22nd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Let's Go Serena!!

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:00 PM
Not a threatening 1st rd but anything can happen so let's go Rena

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Serena's possible road to a 3rd US Open title...

1st rd...Kerber

2nd rd...Camerin

3rd rd...Likhotseva/Zvonerava (with these two here she should defend her 4th rd points from last year)

4th rd...Bartoli/Safarova (could put up a fight but if Bartoli can't handle Venus she can't handle Serena either...Safarova might be tricky but is too unstable)

QF...Golovin/Safina/JH/Sugiyama (call me crazy but i think either Sugiyama or Golovin could pull off a huge upset because of the way the play...sugi takes the ball very early and if on can do some real damage....tati strikes the ball huge and if she can keep her head on can cause an upset so i'm not so sure it's a lock in for JH)

SF...Venus (nuff said)

Final...Masha (need i say more)

doni1212
Aug 22nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Serena's possible road to a 3rd US Open title...

1st rd...Kerber

2nd rd...Camerin

3rd rd...Likhotseva/Zvonerava (with these two here she should defend her 4th rd points from last year)

4th rd...Bartoli/Safarova (could put up a fight but if Bartoli can't handle Venus she can't handle Serena either...Safarova might be tricky but is too unstable)

QF...Golovin/Safina/JH/Sugiyama (call me crazy but i think either Sugiyama or Golovin could pull off a huge upset because of the way the play...sugi takes the ball very early and if on can do some real damage....tati strikes the ball huge and if she can keep her head on can cause an upset so i'm not so sure it's a lock in for JH)

SF...Venus (nuff said)

Final...Masha (need i say more)

Wow, I never even thought of that. I was just thinking, Justine vs. Serena again. You are right. I watched Golovin play Jankovic last week and she was playing really well. So yeah, you never know.

Diesel
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:32 AM
More worried about her thumb injury than any opponents right now.

doni1212
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:45 AM
More worried about her thumb injury than any opponents right now.

Nice signature, :)

winone23
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:14 AM
Ouch, Serena's thumb worries the hell out of me right now :unsure: Really really really hope she plays in NY, tennis is boring these days.
PS: The dress is fire!:hearts:

I think Serena's thumb will hold up, she will be fine :yeah:

Il Primo!
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:38 AM
Hope you're right Rach ;)

Serena draws Justine, once again. If her body is OK, she wins. I mean she must win, no, she must annihilate her, I'm still mad at her in RG, she should have won this tournament. But if she wants to beat Hénin, she must refind her agressivity.

I'm confident. A semi against her sister would be great!

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:31 PM
i think Serena's thumb is fine...i think she didn't play before to make sure nothing happened to it.....while she may not have been 100% it's possible it could just be 80 or 90...even 95% and she just wanted to be sure of it being 100% for the Open....nothing more important than a GS plus i think Serena is hungry for a GS after her two QF losses especially Wimby where she would have won that if not for the stupid thumb....i do hope she can tear through this draw though...cause this end has the potential to make whoever gets through to the final very tired

winone23
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:29 AM
Hope you're right Rach ;)

Serena draws Justine, once again. If her body is OK, she wins. I mean she must win, no, she must annihilate her, I'm still mad at her in RG, she should have won this tournament. But if she wants to beat Hénin, she must refind her agressivity.

I'm confident. A semi against her sister would be great!

Yeah I hope I'm right. The fact that Serena took the whole summer off to make sure her body was ready for the USO is a good thing.

winone23
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:29 AM
i think Serena's thumb is fine...i think she didn't play before to make sure nothing happened to it.....while she may not have been 100% it's possible it could just be 80 or 90...even 95% and she just wanted to be sure of it being 100% for the Open....nothing more important than a GS plus i think Serena is hungry for a GS after her two QF losses especially Wimby where she would have won that if not for the stupid thumb....i do hope she can tear through this draw though...cause this end has the potential to make whoever gets through to the final very tired

I agree!

Olórin
Aug 24th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Well Im not displeased with Serena's draw, although I would have liked an all Williams final.

To be honest, if her thumb is good enough to play again, then she should beat Justine. But if it's not then does it really matter if they meet in r16, QF, SF....

Still it would've been nice if Serena got an easy draw for a change so that she got an easy route to the semis...like some:rolleyes:

:inlove:
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Hideous draw, but if her thumb is good then the draw doesn´t mean too much. I hope it is good as new by now. :scared: :unsure:

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Good Thumb = US Open Title

serenaforever
Aug 24th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Serena is going to blow Kerber off the court!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Aug 24th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Have there been any media reports of a possible Venus and Serena doubles run for the US Open trophy?

Aug 24th, 2007, 08:53 PM
will they play doubles? to clear up any confusion

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 24th, 2007, 08:54 PM
I think they want to :unsure:

It's prob. like 40% likely, but there's a chance, because they ARE serious about Beijing.

sweetpeas
Aug 25th, 2007, 03:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hideous draw, but if her thumb is good then the draw doesn´t mean too much. I hope it is good as new by now.

:wavey: I agree!I pray ,we"ll right?I just hope a Williams,take it all!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :wavey: :kiss:

sweetpeas
Aug 25th, 2007, 03:57 PM

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wavey:

serenaforever
Aug 25th, 2007, 05:41 PM

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wavey:

darn!! :mad:

Olórin
Aug 25th, 2007, 05:44 PM
But seeing as they are serious about Beijing it means, health pending, we will have Williams doubles at the Grand Slams next year:bounce:

I think Serena is saving her best tennis for 2008, she'll be training over the off-season I bet ready to defend Australia and ready for a great 2008 Olympics. She's well aware that the Olympics is the only major title she's never won.:lick:

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 25th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Yep, I think she's going for a Venus 2000, plus the FO, because her other trophy is lonely :sad::awww:

Aug 25th, 2007, 06:26 PM
That's really sad about them not playing doubles. But like people said on the board they are probably going to save that for next year and will easily qualify for the Olympics

Olórin
Aug 25th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Yep, I think she's going for a Venus 2000, plus the FO, because her other trophy is lonely :sad::awww:

It is, poor FO trophy. :sad:

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 25th, 2007, 09:29 PM
That's really sad about them not playing doubles. But like people said on the board they are probably going to save that for next year and will easily qualify for the Olympics

It's not CONFIRMED that they're not playing :shrug:. And have HAVE played there a few times before, so don't be shocked if they're in the draw. I mean they're both healthy, and could use the match practice. But if they don't play there, they'll play @ the Oz.

Aug 25th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Okay thanks mrserenawilliams you've really brightned up my afternoon!!

Brooklyn90
Aug 25th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Does anyone else find it unfair that Serena, Justine, Venus, Ana, Jelena are all on the top half of the draw?
Maria has another easy draw! The next top player on the bottom half is Svetlana :tape:

Lulu.
Aug 25th, 2007, 11:39 PM
So does anyone know for sure what she'll be wearing? I really hope its the blue dress I love it :hearts:

I cant wait to see her play :bounce:

Il Primo!
Aug 25th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Does anyone else find it unfair that Serena, Justine, Venus, Ana, Jelena are all on the top half of the draw?
Maria has another easy draw! The next top player on the bottom half is Svetlana :tape:

I think only Venus out of these players can beat an in form Serena, and Serena doesn't need cakewalk draws to succeed anyways, so it's not even a factor.;)
And yes, to be honest, Maria's having such a cakewalk draw at this year US Open, so did Hénin last year, I assume it was her turn this year. Each top player ever had a cakewalk US Open draw oneday so it's unfair to act like if she was the first one to have such an easy way to the final.;)

Serena's looking fit!:D I don't see her losing before the SF. Watch out!

Il Primo!
Aug 25th, 2007, 11:48 PM
PS: Serena needs to wear THIS dress! Much better than the plain and simple blue one!

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 25th, 2007, 11:50 PM
she was wearing a red version in her press conference, and she usually wears her US Open outfit during her press conference :yeah:

I bet this was what she wanted wear to Wimbly, but it probably got the "thumbs down" because it's kinda revealing, but it's CERTAINLY :drool:

Lulu.
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Ooh I like the red version hopefully she wears it :D

Brooklyn90
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:27 AM
I think only Venus out of these players can beat an in form Serena, and Serena doesn't need cakewalk draws to succeed anyways, so it's not even a factor.;)
And yes, to be honest, Maria's having such a cakewalk draw at this year US Open, so did Hénin last year, I assume it was her turn this year. Each top player ever had a cakewalk US Open draw oneday so it's unfair to act like if she was the first one to have such an easy way to the final.;)

Serena's looking fit!:D I don't see her losing before the SF. Watch out!

Yeah it just seems like Serena always gets a tough draw, and yet another Quarterfinal with Justine.

Diesel
Aug 26th, 2007, 01:34 AM

Draws like this sometimes happen. It doesn't assure anybody of winning or losing.

Wilson_07
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:13 PM
It's not CONFIRMED that they're not playing :shrug:. And have HAVE played there a few times before, so don't be shocked if they're in the draw. I mean they're both healthy, and could use the match practice. But if they don't play there, they'll play @ the Oz.

on letterman venus said that she wants to play doubles with serena at the open, because they both need doubles practice for the olympics next year...i hope they'll play...and hopefully more than one round ;)

Aug 26th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Good luck to Serena and Venus for your singles campaigns at the US Open. I am also hoping to see a doubles trophy in your hands at the end as well

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 26th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I think they will play doubles because they want to double up in beijing....less than 24hours till the sisters play back-to-back on opening night :drool:

Aug 26th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Good Thumb = US Open Title

Allez. :drool:

Olórin
Aug 26th, 2007, 02:44 PM
You have the same sig as me :p

Aug 26th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Oh yeah. :o
I´m not changing it. :ras: :devil:

Aug 26th, 2007, 05:55 PM
4th on Arthur Ashe. :D :yeah: Good luck Ree. :kiss:

Aug 26th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I so cannot wait until the William sisters play back to back tomorrow night on Arthur Ashe court. It's gonna be poppin'

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 26th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Night session at 7....venus then serena :D

Aug 26th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I was looking at the prognostications in my local newspaper for the US Open and specifically Serena's match and they thought she would lose because of lack of match practice. I wrote an email to the author reminding him about Australia and Miami and he said it was different because in Australia she had Hobart and Miami she was coming off momentum from Australia. What is your opionion? Good luck to Serena tomorrow night!!

Il Primo!
Aug 26th, 2007, 10:34 PM
she was wearing a red version in her press conference, and she usually wears her US Open outfit during her press conference :yeah:
Good to hear!:D

I bet this was what she wanted wear to Wimbly, but it probably got the "thumbs down" because it's kinda revealing, but it's CERTAINLY :drool:
...Oh Serena won't change:o :lol:

Yeah it just seems like Serena always gets a tough draw, and yet another Quarterfinal with Justine.
Serena is the 8th seed, Maria is the 2nd. Comon, you can't compare. And when Serena was top seeded she had kind of cakewalks too (since she owned everyone :p ).

Draws like this sometimes happen. It doesn't assure anybody of winning or losing.

Exactly :yeah:

And they NEED to play the doubles!

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 27th, 2007, 10:49 AM
the count down is on to the start of the open people!!! 4 hrs 11 mins

Watching
Aug 27th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Yaaya go sernea

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 27th, 2007, 02:42 PM
17 mins :)

StarDuvallGrant
Aug 27th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Is the tribute going on now?

LindsayRulz
Aug 28th, 2007, 01:42 AM
I thought she was supposed to wear this dress :scratch: :

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/5291/nwaswdmz8.jpg

StarDuvallGrant
Aug 28th, 2007, 02:39 AM
I'm kind of glad she didn't wear that - I don't like the colors or style.

Fan_of_Venus
Aug 28th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Great game Serena.

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 28th, 2007, 03:03 AM
good match....more winners than errors and she worked off the rust....i think the thumb is finally ready and she's gonna take this title in fine style :)

btw...great dress!!!!

StarDuvallGrant
Aug 28th, 2007, 04:20 AM
The thumb was the most worrisome but it came through fine and Serena ripping off her bow reminds me of 2005 AO when she ripped off her front portion against Nadia I think in frustration and ended up winning.

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 28th, 2007, 06:53 AM
It's a little like Ana's FO dress :lol: but it's VERY nice :hearts:

I wish she wore the red on though :sad: maybe that'll be for her day matches :lol:

winone23
Aug 28th, 2007, 07:39 AM
congrats Serena! Cute outfit

Natalicious
Aug 28th, 2007, 01:44 PM
pff i stayed up until 3am and Eurosport Germany didnt show her match then :fiery:

but i'm glad she won her 1st match, and the dress looks really a lil bit like Ana @ FO but i like it :D

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 29th, 2007, 01:43 AM
Serena gets opening night match tomorrow night :D

Lulu.
Aug 29th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Does anyone else think she may have a day outfit and the black/pink dress is her night outfit? Just a thougt...

-VSR-
Aug 29th, 2007, 04:58 AM
I heard her day outfit would be the same dress but pink being the dominant color and have just a black strip. :shrug:

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 29th, 2007, 01:40 PM
i hope she has one....but she may hardly play day matches....probably one or two

urock34
Aug 30th, 2007, 02:27 AM
I hope she has nothing but night matches! but then i'd rather see her play mec during the day than justine.

StarDuvallGrant
Aug 30th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Serena prefers day matches right?

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 31st, 2007, 10:58 AM
i dunno but she has the last day match on AA today :) so we shall see what her day outfits are :) hopefully she can move past vera in 2 quick sets :)

b_o_r
Aug 31st, 2007, 01:16 PM
Serena prefers day matches right?
Serena prefers hot weather first and foremost:lol: But I think she said she likes morning matches so she can go out and hang the rest of the day. i don't think she will like be put on 3rd in the day and after a men's match too.:rolleyes:

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 31st, 2007, 02:57 PM
:bounce: SO excited to see the "day" dress :hearts:

Aug 31st, 2007, 03:30 PM
Allez Day Dress! Day Dress win in straights please.

Lulu.
Aug 31st, 2007, 03:58 PM
Can't wait :bounce:

Mina Vagante
Aug 31st, 2007, 07:03 PM
Allez Day Dress! Day Dress win in straights please.

are we even sure there is a day dress? maybe it's just the one she has been wearing and that's it. but it there is then thats good. hope it looks better on.. then in the pics

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 31st, 2007, 08:18 PM
probably will....she usually makes her dresses come alive :) fish and robredo are in a 5th set so it's gotta end soon

winone23
Aug 31st, 2007, 08:49 PM
Good luck Serena!! Sorry that fish lost, but finally Serena!!

Aug 31st, 2007, 09:52 PM
6-4 :woohoo:

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 31st, 2007, 11:04 PM
serena wins!! and she's defended last year's points so she can only gain from here.... :D bepa was never going to be a pushover so glad it was 2 sets only....she's finally bringing all the power back....but she needs to come to net more often....God's blessings against bartoli :)

StarDuvallGrant
Aug 31st, 2007, 11:13 PM
I think Vera always plays Serena tough - that's one of the great things about her and the matches are entertaining - even more so when Serena wins :lol: I like Serena being pushed and Serena overcoming the challenge. She is a champion and knows she has to play better and she will.

LindsayRulz
Aug 31st, 2007, 11:17 PM
She didn't play very well but a win is a win. It looks like she's not able to control the point and she's really often in a defensive position. She has to up her game to be ready against Henin.

Brooklyn90
Sep 1st, 2007, 12:30 AM
Serena really needs to step her game up if she wants to beat Justine.

Lulu.
Sep 1st, 2007, 12:52 AM

No doubt. I think she'll be ready though. I know she doesn't want to lose to Justine in another slam let alone at the US Open so she's gonna bring it

Sep 1st, 2007, 09:56 AM

Serena needs to up her game if she wants to beat Marion.

Olórin
Sep 1st, 2007, 11:18 AM
Hmm I really don't know what to make of Serena atm. She seems to doing what's needed to win, which is good. However Id really like it like at the USO 2002 where she just kills everyone in every match :lol:

Anyway, alot of Serena's UEs are very close, she's only just missing, if only half of them went in she would have killed Vera and she wouldn't have been pushed back so far either.

Still lots to do though:bounce:

Craigy
Sep 1st, 2007, 12:07 PM
It's not fun watching Serena look close to tears at times.
Where the hell is the down right scary, no holding back Serena? :sad:

Sep 1st, 2007, 12:14 PM
Congratulations Serena on your hard fought victory

Brooklyn90
Sep 1st, 2007, 04:44 PM
She's not hitting through the ball well, she seems to be hiting up on it. And her contact point on return of serves seems off. But her serve is still good :yeah:

Sep 1st, 2007, 05:40 PM
I think Serena has an amazing opportunity to catch up on points with Maria in the YEC race now that Sharapova has been knocked out of the tournament

StarDuvallGrant
Sep 1st, 2007, 07:51 PM
Serena's body language, when it's negative, is about the hardest to take really. She wants it so bad and sometimes it doesn't come easy to her the way she believes it should.

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM
she definitely will catch up now especially since she's gone further....she needs to ease past martoli (lmao) and get confidence in her game

Sep 1st, 2007, 09:21 PM
First on Ashe. :) Come on Serena!!!!!! Now it's time to really turn up the heat me thinks.

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 2nd, 2007, 02:30 AM
hopefully she wins easily.....first up she said she liked so let's hope she plays like she does

winone23
Sep 2nd, 2007, 05:40 AM
Good luck Serena!

Il Primo!
Sep 2nd, 2007, 07:42 AM
Good luck babe! And for God's sake, stop crying or overreacting for nothing, it's getting boring. She get frustrated to easily and it's definitely not a good thing.
For some reason, I fear Bartoli... But I still like Serenna's chance. She should prevail in two.
Allez Serena! :hug:

Sep 2nd, 2007, 05:16 PM
Rolling on through to the QFs. :rolls:
Congratulations Serena. :) Now please PLEASE play even better for the next round. I really don't want a third slam QF loss in a row to Justine the same person.

StarDuvallGrant
Sep 2nd, 2007, 05:54 PM
She prevailed in two - Serena doesn't want to lose to the same person three times either so we'll see what's up the next round - she's going to fight we know that for sure.

Sep 2nd, 2007, 06:16 PM
Pump it Serena!! Way to win and dominate against Bartoli,the match was never in doubt

Sep 2nd, 2007, 06:26 PM
I was just on the Justine board here and they were talking about how Justine told the Belgian press her shoulder was really bothering her. I think that could almost assure Serena a win

Brooklyn90
Sep 2nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
I was just on the Justine board here and they were talking about how Justine told the Belgian press her shoulder was really bothering her. I think that could almost assure Serena a win

don't bet on it.

AkademiQ
Sep 2nd, 2007, 07:22 PM

Don't read too much into that. Something's always bothering her physically or mentally.

Mina Vagante
Sep 2nd, 2007, 08:55 PM

ummmm...

Sep 2nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
I know it will be getting a little ahead of myself, but with Serena's huge serve,groundies,and returns if she could get on top of Justine early I think it could lead to a win

Brooklyn90
Sep 2nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Interveiws from Serenawilliams.com :)
1st Round: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Q6MxZCJyM
2nd Round: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNXKDG8HUYI
3rd Round: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsEv0EOpb1g
4th Round: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11m8jpj9YQI

Brooklyn90
Sep 2nd, 2007, 09:57 PM
By the was Serena reached 350 carrer wins today :) :bounce:

winone23
Sep 2nd, 2007, 10:35 PM
well done serena!

Diesel
Sep 3rd, 2007, 02:39 AM
I haven't been this excited since AO.

Craigy
Sep 3rd, 2007, 01:21 PM
I haven't been this excited since AO.

Definitely. I'm so excited! But obviously nervous too.

winone23
Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:21 PM
Serena I believe!!!

Il Primo!
Sep 3rd, 2007, 05:39 PM
Serena MUST smack that belgian! I really like her chances. Serena, I want you to murder the ball tomorrow. C'mon :rocker:

The Daviator
Sep 3rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
Serve and return well Serena, and good luck :hug:

Sir Stefwhit
Sep 4th, 2007, 03:11 AM
W-QF-QF-W

It's got a nice look to it, dontcha' think?

Keep the faith my fellow Serena fans, she's a fighter and she's going to give it all she's got and more often than not that's more than enough!

Sep 4th, 2007, 10:19 AM
This is going to be fun. :D I believe, Serena. :hearts: I'm so nervous, but I have 100% faith that Serena will win. She's not losing to the same person 3 times in a row - let alone 3 grand slams in a row. Come on, Serena. :D :yeah: :armed:

Chance
Sep 4th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I've only seen 2 points of Serena playing, one was this great lob she hit against Vera.
Tough match, but if Serena stays calm and plays anything like her AO final, I'll be smiling!

winone23
Sep 4th, 2007, 04:38 PM
good luck Serena!

cancelled1
Sep 4th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Go Serena!
Get off to a quick start today!

Olórin
Sep 4th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Go Serena!
Get off to a quick start today!

Absolutely! And by a quick start I mean she needs to win the toss and hold to love. Seriously! Ok Im hyper and so nervous about this match :fiery:

StarDuvallGrant
Sep 5th, 2007, 01:58 AM
I really can't express my disappointment at the moment - it's not a loss to Justine, it's not fighting.

SunriseSunset
Sep 5th, 2007, 02:05 AM
^Exactly. I'm so disappointed.

aisha
Sep 5th, 2007, 02:10 AM
No warmup tournaments= no title

Her footwork... :speakles: :help:

For the life of me, I am at a loss as to why she's so lackadaisical and drowsy when she plays JH. :shrug:

JH is a hell of a player but Serena has shown she has the game to blow her off the court.

That's it, I'm done... At least she won a slam this year and is consitently reaching the quarters again.

StarDuvallGrant
Sep 5th, 2007, 02:13 AM
The warmup tournament is one thing, but Serena body language and seemingly negative attitude in the second set is another. She knows Justine is probably her toughest opponent, but what I saw was worse than the FO - I didn't see the fight and that's disappointing. Now I have to put my support behind Venus and I hope she makes it all the way, but it's not as strong support unfortunately.

~Eclipsed~
Sep 5th, 2007, 02:17 AM
She looks so confused when she plays Justine. Justine as we all know is a great defensive as well as offensive player. Serena seems like she tries to get cute too much by coming up to net too much or other tricks to try to throw Justine off. When nothing works, she looks like she just tries to hit her way off the court which doesn't work either.

She needs to work on a game plan for Justine.

alex.stef
Sep 5th, 2007, 02:29 AM
GAME OVER
and a lot of nightmares in my soon-to-follow sleep - if I can sleep
:(

Lulu.
Sep 5th, 2007, 02:32 AM
:sad:

-VSR-
Sep 5th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Serena is scared of Justine. I don't know why... but it's ridiculous. Ever since the Miami final/RG QF... Serena hasn't been the same.

Also, Serena NEEDS match practice before a slam. It's not OVERRATED Serena... with this attitude her schedule for next year will be: Australian Open, Miami, Rome (MAYBE) French Open, Wimbledon, & US Open. :sad:

Il Primo!
Sep 5th, 2007, 02:44 AM
The warmup tournament is one thing, but Serena body language and seemingly negative attitude in the second set is another. She knows Justine is probably her toughest opponent, but what I saw was worse than the FO - I didn't see the fight and that's disappointing. Now I have to put my support behind Venus and I hope she makes it all the way, but it's not as strong support unfortunately.

That's what I'm thinking right now

StarDuvallGrant
Sep 5th, 2007, 02:50 AM
I don't think Serena fears Justine, it's something but not fear. Serena has faced legends, I doubt Justine across the net is out of this world. But in the second set especially it's almost like she didn't will herself up to fight or find it important to keep at it. It's hard to describe really and that just leads to the frustration. At the end of the day when we look at her year thus far, AO/Miami, one of the most telling things Serena has to decide is that it has to be worth it on a consistent level/basis. She can do it.

The Daviator
Sep 5th, 2007, 03:45 AM
Serve and return well Serena, and good luck :hug:

She didn't listen :o One break of serve, that's what annoyed me the most, Serena should be breaking even great servers, Justine served 46% :o

venusdemilo
Sep 5th, 2007, 03:52 AM
She didn't listen :o One break of serve, that's what annoyed me the most, Serena should be breaking even great servers, Justine served 46% :o

And had 5 double faults. :sad:

She didn't seem that much into the match, especially after the tiebreak. We'll probably find out in the coming days. Something was wrong. It wasn't Serena out there, it was an impostor.

Diesel
Sep 5th, 2007, 04:13 AM
46% {shaking head} Serena needs to put a stop to this because we all know she has it in her.

starin
Sep 5th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Disappointing loss. Justine thoroughly beat Serena today but only because Serena let her. Serena: "STOP HITTING WITH SO MUCH TOP SPIN" It's crazy how since the Miami SF she's been babying the ball. In the 2nd set SF against Shahar she was slamming almost every ball. With spin but still hitting very hard. Same in the QF, and 4th RD against Sharapova. But since that final her groundstrokes just haven't been the same. Not penetrating at all and many of her balls fall on the service line its ridiculous. At Wimbledon she was rallying with players like Milagros Sequera who has zero fire power off the ground. It was ridiculous. Same for her earlier matches here. Rallyign with MEC and watching that match MEC was matching Serena off the ground and actually being more aggressive at times. It was weird to see Serena not overpowering opponents like MEC. Players she used to crush. Serena strokes aren't there. Her serve is but the her ground game and return game are awol. Once Serena find that and the power game that she usually has she will def. be beating Henin and most everyone else on tour regularly.

winone23
Sep 5th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I'm sad about the loss, but it will only motivate Serena.

Olórin
Sep 5th, 2007, 08:53 AM

Thank god I missed it :o
5 years ago Serena had the best serve and return we've ever seen in women's tennis. 5 years later she's relying heavily on her serve and using using a totally different game plan. :sad:

God this is depressing!:sad:

Olórin
Sep 5th, 2007, 08:54 AM
And had 5 double faults. :sad:

She didn't seem that much into the match, especially after the tiebreak. We'll probably find out in the coming days. Something was wrong. It wasn't Serena out there, it was an impostor.

You don't think Serena really is pregnant do you :unsure: What she is saying and doing are two different things these days, and Im really confused:confused:

williamsluva
Sep 5th, 2007, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE=Serena-#1-Fan;11581474]You don't think Serena really is pregnant do you :unsure: What she is saying and doing are two different things these days, and Im really confused:confused:[/QUOTW
WHO WHERE DID THAT COME FROM!? Please tell me ur kidding.....

BTW Serenas got another damn problem with her f-ing equpiment, SHES USING GUT! What the hell??? You dont use natural gut these days, thats like when borg used his wooden racket in his comeback in 1990, serena theres a reason justine hits with so much topspin so easily with power and keeps the ball deep and tearing through the court SHE USES THE PROPER STRINGS. Im not sure exactly what justine uses but its the clay courters favourite, Gut is horrible, it was good in the days of the wooden rackets and back in the 90s when string technology was either poly fibre or faux gut and gut, it was one of the best, but it was more suited to power serve volleyers like pete and boris its gave a flatter ball and a well struck ball would have little spin but good pace, if u wanted spin ud need it strung at 75 pounds like Pete (or phillipoussis).

There is only one person in the world today who can play well with those strings and thats Sampras cos he serve volleyed so much and had a huge natural serve. Serena is a baseliner, shes got a big serve but its very very hard to consistently hit great swinging volleys to the line with natural gut (This is the biggest development in the game in the last 10 years, it affects the game more than the rackets do), everyone hits close to the line with pace and huge spin (clay courters dominate the mens tour too because of this), because of the use of either a pro hurricane (babolat), and luxilon cross, or a pro hurrican + Natural gut cross (just to get the stiffness of the gut), or the hybrid strings (players usually use the hybrid with a luxilone or pro hurricane cross depending on what their game needs in particular but these strings compared to just natural gut are like Wood compared to Graphite carbon).

Guys im telling u this is one of the biggest reasons that her strokes are looking kinda shoddy, (although i still stand by my previous posts about her foot work and her training). Its alright to hit a 1 2 punch with these strings but u are verry very likely to break down if u have to constantly come up with shots time and time again and these strings make u do all the work while ur opponent is hitting back with interest with no effort

Olórin
Sep 5th, 2007, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=Serena-#1-Fan;11581474]You don't think Serena really is pregnant do you :unsure: What she is saying and doing are two different things these days, and Im really confused:confused:[/QUOTW
WHO WHERE DID THAT COME FROM!? Please tell me ur kidding.....

You obviously haven't been into GM since you joined :p Im just trying to rationalise this, and Serena being pregnant is something Im willing to entertain to help me get over this! I just don't understand!

harloo
Sep 5th, 2007, 01:11 PM
I don't think Serena fears Justine, it's something but not fear. Serena has faced legends, I doubt Justine across the net is out of this world. But in the second set especially it's almost like she didn't will herself up to fight or find it important to keep at it. It's hard to describe really and that just leads to the frustration. At the end of the day when we look at her year thus far, AO/Miami, one of the most telling things Serena has to decide is that it has to be worth it on a consistent level/basis. She can do it.

I don't think Serena fears Justine either, however with Justine's improvements their games match up perfectly. Justine is a more powerful version of Martina Hingis in a sense, the problem is that Serena's level here never reached championship level. Justine is always consistent with her game whereas Serena at times can be hit and miss. For the first four rounds she played sub-par tennis and looked uncomfortable. So when she lost the qtrs I expected this result.

In her interview before the open she said that when she finally decided to really dedicate herself to tennis the injury came. So I'm sure she reverted back to some of her old ways and enjoyed time in the limelight as usual. My theory is that Serena needs to be defeated by a prominent player enough times to get her act together.

It took her a while to get that memo when dealing with Maria and Jennifer, now she'll steady herself and study Justine. I actually felt if her level was up in this match she would've had a good chance to win because Justine lost composure at the end of the first set and was ready to fold. However, Serena just had a meltdown on court so hopefully whatever's bothering her can be solved with time off.

b_o_r
Sep 5th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Nice pick up about Serena's string/racquet. Even when Serena was hitting out on her shots , they still weren't landing deep. Her groundstrokes remind me of Roddick's--they land at the service box no matter how hard she hit them. Look at Andy's groundstrokes when he was winning in 2003 to now. Yeah some of its confidence, but alot of has to do with equipment/technique change.

Poor tactics
Also, Justine picks apart Serena's serve now. Its not that Justine is reading Serena serve per se but she is goading Serena into serving a particular way. She pretty much stood back a couple of feet and favored the doubles alley side, yet Serena gladly stuck to serving flat out wide deep in the box. And when Serena couldn't get free points on the flat serve out wide she resorted to upping her mph's trying to blow em by Justine which is a no-no. Serena posses a slice serve out-wide which lands short in the box creating an angle similar to a lefty, why wasn't it employed lastnight. Hell why wasn't a slice serve up the middle employed...its what Justine did all match:tape:

And lets not talk about Serena's half assed effort to charge the net either.:help: Serena literally walked to net on some plays:lol:

I know Serena has nagging injuries (mainly up top) but Serena should consider playing full doubles only schedule. This way she can preserve her ailing hamstring/groin and backhand while still working on her variety/placement on serve, shot selection, and most importantly her timing.

Serendy Willick
Sep 6th, 2007, 01:59 PM
That quarterfinal against Henin was GARBAGE. However fellow fans there is a positve that can come out of this.

Jennifer Capriati:Beat Serena four straight times, including 2 GS quarterfinals. Stepped up her game and went on to beat Jenn 9 straight.

Maria Sharapova: Lost two high profile finals against her. Went on to beat her

Serena can come out of this, Serena has to step it up and she can do it. She needs the support of her REAL FANS. I dont know about you, but I'm a Serena fan through thick and thin.

williamsluva
Sep 9th, 2007, 03:00 AM
I don't think Serena fears Justine either, however with Justine's improvements their games match up perfectly. Justine is a more powerful version of Martina Hingis in a sense, the problem is that Serena's level here never reached championship level. Justine is always consistent with her game whereas Serena at times can be hit and miss. For the first four rounds she played sub-par tennis and looked uncomfortable. So when she lost the qtrs I expected this result.

In her interview before the open she said that when she finally decided to really dedicate herself to tennis the injury came. So I'm sure she reverted back to some of her old ways and enjoyed time in the limelight as usual. My theory is that Serena needs to be defeated by a prominent player enough times to get her act together.

It took her a while to get that memo when dealing with Maria and Jennifer, now she'll steady herself and study Justine. I actually felt if her level was up in this match she would've had a good chance to win because Justine lost composure at the end of the first set and was ready to fold. However, Serena just had a meltdown on court so hopefully whatever's bothering her can be solved with time off.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Perfect post man, she is a hingis clone with weapons, that is absolutley spot on. I just wish she had gotten her revenge on Jcap damn it, their last match was a loss and she lost 2 that year to her it annoys me that Jcap is finished without serena gettin her own back, Like Venus against Kim!!!!

williamsluva
Sep 9th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Nice pick up about Serena's string/racquet. Even when Serena was hitting out on her shots , they still weren't landing deep. Her groundstrokes remind me of Roddick's--they land at the service box no matter how hard she hit them. Look at Andy's groundstrokes when he was winning in 2003 to now. Yeah some of its confidence, but alot of has to do with equipment/technique change.

Poor tactics
Also, Justine picks apart Serena's serve now. Its not that Justine is reading Serena serve per se but she is goading Serena into serving a particular way. She pretty much stood back a couple of feet and favored the doubles alley side, yet Serena gladly stuck to serving flat out wide deep in the box. And when Serena couldn't get free points on the flat serve out wide she resorted to upping her mph's trying to blow em by Justine which is a no-no. Serena posses a slice serve out-wide which lands short in the box creating an angle similar to a lefty, why wasn't it employed lastnight. Hell why wasn't a slice serve up the middle employed...its what Justine did all match:tape:

And lets not talk about Serena's half assed effort to charge the net either.:help: Serena literally walked to net on some plays:lol:

I know Serena has nagging injuries (mainly up top) but Serena should consider playing full doubles only schedule. This way she can preserve her ailing hamstring/groin and backhand while still working on her variety/placement on serve, shot selection, and most importantly her timing.

And is strung at 65 pounds right now (i cant recall exactlly but it was 65-68 and i dont know of any other guy with that kinda tension cos only serve volleyers can go higher and still win), hes also got somewhere between 50-100 grams extra lead tape on his racket on the top I believe, to make it head heavier and thats so he can effortlessley generate power on overheads and well obviously, the serve. Problem is hes been playing a defensive clay courters game for the past 4 years (cos of that idiot goldfine a joke of a coach), even with Jimmy's help he still stays back far too often, federer is strung at 57 (and thats his highest, sometimes goes to 58 on a hot day in fast conditions) so for him he just needs to whip the ball with top spin and the pace is already there plus his frame gives a hell of alotta control and spin with pace (of course he does have very good hand eye co-ordination i have to give him that). Federer and roddick play a battle from the baseline and roddick is the one who has to work harder to hit his strokes cos his racket is meant for a big serving net rusher and a 1 2 punch kinda player. Same thing with Serena and Henin, wat odd similarities between the 2 players and their 2 main rivals.

williamsluva
Sep 9th, 2007, 03:15 AM
That quarterfinal against Henin was GARBAGE. However fellow fans there is a positve that can come out of this.

Jennifer Capriati:Beat Serena four straight times, including 2 GS quarterfinals. Stepped up her game and went on to beat Jenn 9 straight.

Maria Sharapova: Lost two high profile finals against her. Went on to beat her

Serena can come out of this, Serena has to step it up and she can do it. She needs the support of her REAL FANS. I dont know about you, but I'm a Serena fan through thick and thin.

The problem is that henin is better than either of them and is a whole different player. Marias weakness is that she like a giraffe, big with a big serve and she can only run in 1 direction for the ball, get her out wide and she has problems turning around and trotting back in the other direction, horrible ability to move. Jennifer... well I guess Serena could blast her of the court cos serenas serve was bigger and better, jen loved returning but wasnt so great on serve. Henin is hingis, but with jennifers groundies and ability to stay in close to the baseline, as well as a better slice than hingis i think, also returns better than anyone i can think of right now, like not attacking the serve (except the second serve) but she gets alot back into play the big ones in particular like hingis, and will occassionally go for it and be more aggressive on return, her court coverage and foot speed is better than any of those 3 people too, and she works very hard cos she has no life and cant do nething else except throw darts at pics of serena on the wall.

Hingis and capriati combined, her fastest serve was 170, her second serve is almost as tough as serenas.... her weakness, is serena williams at full flight a la 02, 03, and serena 02 was better than serena 03 and woulda won the FO 03. Serenas biggest weapon on all surfaces will be her movement, not her endurance so come on serena. Get that working and then the angles and down the line shots will come when ur in better position.

Serendy Willick
Sep 10th, 2007, 02:54 AM
The problem is that henin is better than either of them and is a whole different player. Marias weakness is that she like a giraffe, big with a big serve and she can only run in 1 direction for the ball, get her out wide and she has problems turning around and trotting back in the other direction, horrible ability to move. Jennifer... well I guess Serena could blast her of the court cos serenas serve was bigger and better, jen loved returning but wasnt so great on serve. Henin is hingis, but with jennifers groundies and ability to stay in close to the baseline, as well as a better slice than hingis i think, also returns better than anyone i can think of right now, like not attacking the serve (except the second serve) but she gets alot back into play the big ones in particular like hingis, and will occassionally go for it and be more aggressive on return, her court coverage and foot speed is better than any of those 3 people too, and she works very hard cos she has no life and cant do nething else except throw darts at pics of serena on the wall.

Hingis and capriati combined, her fastest serve was 170, her second serve is almost as tough as serenas.... her weakness, is serena williams at full flight a la 02, 03, and serena 02 was better than serena 03 and woulda won the FO 03. Serenas biggest weapon on all surfaces will be her movement, not her endurance so come on serena. Get that working and then the angles and down the line shots will come when ur in better position.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Your acting like she beat the 02 Serena Williams out there:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There is no reason Serena cant improve her game and work just as hard. With improvements she can be back on the same ground as Henin in no time.

With those type of BS comments, you might as well just tell Serena to retire:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You should go hang out with those trolls in the GM.

williamsluva
Sep 15th, 2007, 08:51 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Your acting like she beat the 02 Serena Williams out there:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There is no reason Serena cant improve her game and work just as hard. With improvements she can be back on the same ground as Henin in no time.

With those type of BS comments, you might as well just tell Serena to retire:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You should go hang out with those trolls in the GM.

Wat are u talkin about u moron i clearly said that Serenas movement a la 02 03, was her biggest weapon, and serena of 02 03 had all the power the speed plus the angles to boot.

Learn to read properley before u start talkin smack jackass