PDA

View Full Version : Will Petrova retire if she loses the first set to Dubois?

frenchie
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:45 PM
She tends to retire when losing the first set, especially before a GS (see her last few results in Sydney:eek: )

BTW she will avoid embarrassment too:tape:

Natalicious
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:49 PM
:rolleyes:

stevos
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I hope so!

frenchie
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Stéphanie was leading 4/2 and 30/00 but Petrova just hit 3 aces in a row to lead 5/4!

goldenlox
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:53 PM
It's hard to play 2 tournaments in California then fly to Canada and be ready to play.
That's why Sharapova stopped trying to do it last year.

Mana
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Come on Nadia, the score boards making me sick.

cellophane
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Oh shut up already. Nadia is playing just pathetic though. She makes so many dumbass errors in matches and that forehand is just :help:.

Fire_Fox
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Petrova won`t loose to Dubois!

pierce0415
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:01 PM
yes Nadia tends to have this sort of result right before GS
it is almost as if she committed to the event but her heart is not in it

Mana
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Dubois makes me sick. Im sure all of you have seen this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgpkUL5UpUw

She won 4 games, just 4. The way she was crying in the on court interview and was bragging in the van makes me wonna be sick.

Dexter
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:05 PM
What a pathetic match it is...

GoDominique
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Oh shut up already. Nadia is playing just pathetic though. She makes so many dumbass errors in matches and that forehand is just :help:.
Agreed. She's probably the most frustrating player to watch for multiple reasons.

stevos
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Dubois makes me sick. Im sure all of you have seen this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgpkUL5UpUw

She won 4 games, just 4. The way she was crying in the on court interview and was bragging in the van makes me wonna be sick.

Are you kidding? She was excited to make the third round for the first time ever, get way more prize money and points than she normally does, I mean sure it's shitty that Kim fell and everything, but you have to understand her excitement.

A Magicman
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I'm sorry to say that but Dubois does not have any abilities exept for playing the ball back into the field. No strength in her groundstrokes, no nothing.

She only lives on the faults of Petrova which is pathetic enough from Petrovas side.

Natalicious
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:10 PM
doesnt look like she'll retire

stevos
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Uh oh. :eek: :woohoo: :yeah:
fuckin right.

pierce0415
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Nadia :help:
please regroup after calling for the trainer :haha:

DownTheLine21
What is the UE count after the first set?

Hashim.
Nadia :speakles:

Dexter
I gues we'll find out after 2-3 games of this set.

frenchie
I had a dream!!

Hashim.
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM
*anxiously waits for the retirement*

Dexter
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM
What is the UE count after the first set?No idea, but way into double figures.

Dexter
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Okay they showed UEs count for Nadia... 27. :tape:

frenchie
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Petrova just touched her pectoral muscle!!!!

stevos
ACE! Holy mother.
Petrova looks fine physically. But yeah, she'll probably retire.

Ferosh
Nadia should do like Amelie and call it a year if she loses this match.

~CANUCK~
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:18 PM
So let me get this right. Steph was supposed to get destroyed 1 and 1 but she found a way to win the first set, and now according to you people she is pathetic, arrogant and can only barely get the ball in play. Steph you know you are doing something right when you get hated on williams/sharapova style for winning a set :lol:

stevos
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:22 PM
So let me get this right. Steph was supposed to get destroyed 1 and 1 but she found a way to win the first set, and now according to you people she is pathetic, arrogant and can only barely get the ball in play. Steph you know you are doing something right when you get hated on williams/sharapova style for winning a set :lol:

:worship:
Some people are such tards.

cellophane
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:25 PM

People are calling Nadia pathetic (with the exception of Ivanova), not Stephanie. :confused:

A Magicman
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:26 PM

As you are obviously also referring to my post could you please tell me, where I stated one of those things you intentionally twisted to make me (and others) look like a dork?

Wayn77
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Nadia should do like Amelie and call it a year if she loses this match.

Agreed .....

Dubois is no pushover, she's just been having a lousy season.

stevos
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:28 PM
As you are obviously also referring to my post could you please tell me, where I stated one of those things you intentionally twisted to make me (and others) look like a dork?

You're joking right? Oh, this is too easy.

A Magicman
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:32 PM
You're joking right? Oh, this is too easy.

No. I'm not joking.

cellophane
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Plenty of time for Nadia to self-implode in the 3rd. :o Hope she keeps coming to net.

~CANUCK~
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:54 PM

I didn`t twist anything you said, you clearly stated that Steph is only getting the ball back in play and living off of Nadia playing like shit. I merely stated that I find it very amusing that people feel the need to insult Steph even though everyone thought she would be lucky to win 2 games.

jonny84
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Not looking that way.

First match in Canada - she's probably not as aclimatised to the surface as Dubois has. That is why its a slow start.

A Magicman
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I didn`t twist anything you said, you clearly stated that Steph is only getting the ball back in play and living off of Nadia playing like shit. I merely stated that I find it very amusing that people feel the need to insult Steph even though everyone thought she would be lucky to win 2 games.

Now you're getting it correct. Thank you.

I just wrote what I see on TV and now that Petrova stopped making tons of UE she doesn't stand any chance anymore.

~CANUCK~
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Now you're getting it correct. Thank you.

I just wrote what I see on TV and now that Petrova stopped making tons of UE she doesn't stand any chance anymore.

And good for Nadia, still doesn't take away that Steph won a set off her. We are just happy that she won that set, we know what it will do for her confidence in the future. We don`t really care that she won ugly.

cellophane
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:05 PM

That's not insulting her... that's kind of the truth. This is Nadia's match to win and Steph doesn't have anything to to hurt her with. If she cut out the dumbass errors, she'd win this easily.

GoDominique
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Confidence alone won't help Dubois up the rankings I'm afraid.
Whenever she's trying to finish off a point, she messes up.
She really is not that good and doesn't seem to make progress compared to previous years.

Wiggly
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Confidence alone won't help Dubois up the rankings I'm afraid.
Whenever she's trying to finish off a point, she messes up.
She really is not that good and doesn't seem to make progress compared to previous years.

Tracy Austin said she improved everything.

Ballbasher
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Poor Stephanie I wish her much luck on her way to the Top100 and I'm sure we'll see her there pretty soon :)

A Magicman
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:24 PM
It's not that far for her into the Top100.

Don't get me wrong anyway. Being old like Gandalf I have witnessed the glory days of Canadian Womens' tennis with Bassett, KELESI :worship: , Hetherington in doubles and then Patricia Hy and there's hardly anyone outside Canada who'd like to see a Canadian top player again. ;)

goldenlox
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Petrova wouldn't have retired, but her coach might have wound up unemployed :lol:

*Jean*
Aug 15th, 2007, 09:02 PM
She tends to retire when losing the first set, especially before a GS (see her last few results in Sydney:eek: )

BTW she will avoid embarrassment too:tape:

YOU SUCK! That is sure ;)