PDA

View Full Version : what happened to mirjana lucic's comeback?.. anybody?

BartoliBabes
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:36 PM
is she currently injured or what's the story?

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:41 AM
Go to her thread in the player forums to keep up to date. There's really no news and no explanation concerning where she is/what she's doing/why. :o

faboozadoo15
Aug 16th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Too many music festivals to attend and not enough rich daddies and sponsors to meet her demands apparently.
Oh yeah and the whole IMG fued.

She may have given up for a bit, who knows?

GoDominique
Aug 16th, 2007, 03:11 AM
It's weird though because in the few matches she played this year she had acceptable results, which means she must have had picked up her racket once in a while the months before that.
So my guess is that at one point she was (semi-)serious about trying to comeback. Why knows what happened later on.

faboozadoo15
Aug 16th, 2007, 03:21 AM
I think she got discouraged. She wasn't getting the maindraw wildcards because of IMG. She didn't want to slum is on the lower levels.

Imagine if she'd managed to beat Chakvetadze :eek:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 16th, 2007, 03:25 AM
I think she got discouraged. She wasn't getting the maindraw wildcards because of IMG. She didn't want to slum is on the lower levels.
I don't get why she didn't just accept having to work her way up from the bottom, especially once she got a ranking. Given the results she had, I like to think she would have done quite well on the ITF circuit and been able to build herself up enough to eventually get directly into WTA Q draws at the very least. And that way she probably would have been awarded more MD WC's if tournament directors saw she was actually playing a lot and serious about coming back, instead of just relying completely on handouts.

She annoys me. God know what she's doing now.

faboozadoo15
Aug 16th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Her game would be so huge for an ITF. She'd be blasting girls off the court left and right. I don't understand why she hasn't taken this path to keep her name out there, get some wins, some cash, and maybe a wildcard or two for another show.

WHYWHYWHY

saki
Aug 16th, 2007, 06:19 AM
She doesn't understand how to work herself up. Remember, she won her first ever tournament as a WC. I think she played maybe 2-3 ITFs tops at the beginning of her career because her ranking shot up so quickly that she didn't need to.

And, obviously, she has an attitude problem about them. Expect another whiny "no-one gave me everything I needed, so I couldn't do anything" interview soon.