PDA

View Full Version : “Belgium’s time is over,” joked Jankovic. “Now it’s going to be Serbian domination.”

DA FOREHAND
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Great quote from Jelena, let's see if she can back it up. I guess the first step would be to actually beat a Belgian player. :help:

tenn_ace
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:04 PM
the operative word is "joked" here, so not sure what the problem is.... seriously.

Donny
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Slams counts so far:
Belgians- 7 Serbians- 0

Slams this year (2007):
Belgians- 1 Serbians- 0

Yea, Serbian domination for sure.

DA FOREHAND
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:06 PM
the operative word is "joked" here, so not sure what the problem is.... seriously.

Is there a problem?:lick:

Dexter
the operative word is "joked" here, so not sure what the problem is.... seriously.Exactly.

WTF people feel the need to blow every word she says out of proportions? :confused:

Max565
It is true.

Henin is the only top Belgian player since Kim left, and Ivanovic and Jankovic have done pretty well this year. I have a feeling it will start soon, but not right now, at the mo.

tenn_ace
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Is there a problem?:lick:

ask yourself that question before posting :help: smiley.

njnetswill
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Well it is true on the men's side.

Kristof :help: :confused:

Ollie :help: :sad:

Xavier :help: :o

Novak :banana:

DA FOREHAND
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Exactly.

WTF people feel the need to blow every word she says out of proportions? :confused:

WOW

a little testy i see, who's blowing anything out of proportion, I simply posted the (full) quote to open up discussion.

Loosen up a bit have a salad.:wavey:

Max565
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Good to see a player showing some personality and controversy in her words :)

tenn_ace
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:10 PM
WOW

a little testy i see, who's blowing anything out of proportion, I simply posted the (full) quote to open up discussion.

Loosen up a bit have a salad.:wavey:

of course, you did. so innocent. silly us.

bruingirl
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Geez, people are hypersensitive :) If one reads the previous paragraph in that article, there's a comparison between the prickly relationship the Belgians shared and the seemingly uneasy nature of the Serbs' relationship. If one reads it in that context, Jelena was probably asked about it, hence the JOKE.

Here's the link: http://www.tennis.com/features/general/features.aspx?id=99044

DA FOREHAND
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:15 PM
of course, you did. so innocent. silly us.

no more like silly you.:rolleyes:

Donny
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Jankovic joked about Serbians dominating and taking the Belgians' places at the top of tennis.

Why can't we joke about how Belgium has been kicking their asses this year?

Dexter
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:16 PM
WOW

Loosen up a bit have a salad.:wavey:This is the same sort of discussion as over Jelena's quote after SF which was misunderstood by a lot of people.

And I prefer steaks. :wavey:

tenn_ace
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Jankovic joked about Serbians dominating and taking the Belgians' places at the top of tennis.

Why can't we joke about how Belgium has been kicking their asses this year?

when ppl joke they usually put :lol: or :) or :haha: smiley. not :help:

DA FOREHAND
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:20 PM
This is the same sort of discussion as over Jelena's quote after SF which was misunderstood by a lot of people.

And I prefer steaks. :wavey:

It's no wonder you are all backed up and can't relax.

I think it's an interesting quote, espeically since Jelena hasn't proven she could beat Justine or Kim. I think it's important for her to feel their time is over, lets see how that translates on the courts.

DA FOREHAND
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:21 PM
when ppl joke they usually put :lol: or :) or :haha: smiley. not :help:

Help as in I've never beaten Justine , but now I see it's you who need the :help:

tennnisfannn
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Hasn't jelena learnt anything yet, only men are allowed to joke with the media, she will be reminded of this every time she loses to justine and so will we. The last player to declare an era over was Dokic, we all know what happened to that story.

bruingirl
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:23 PM
LOL @ the posters coming into this thread in defense mode. The thread starter didn't blow anything out of proportion. You guys are the ones making a big deal out of nothing. All he did was post the quote and joke about the "joke" Jelena made. And yet you call him hypersensitive. :o :GM:

:lol: I wasn't actually referring to the thread starter, more to those who started quoting Slam records, etc.

DA FOREHAND
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Hasn't jelena learnt anything yet, only men are allowed to joke with the media, she will be reminded of this every time she loses to justine and so will we. The last player to declare an era over was Dokic, we all know what happened to that story.

Isn't that ironic , where is Dokic originally from? I used to like her as a player, she's a hot lil number too! She used to have one of the best bootys on tour.:drool:

Tennisaddict
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:30 PM
There´s always some truth in a joke. I don´t think there will be a country that dominates certainly not before Justine retires or declines. Justine at her best is too much for Jankovic. Ivanovic is another story. I think she could really challenge Justine but still lacks a bit experience. Btw, I think other upcoming players will have a say as well. I do see Ivanovic become a clear nr. 1 tough in two years.

Dexter
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:30 PM
LOL @ the posters coming into this thread in defense mode. The thread starter didn't blow anything out of proportion. You guys are the ones making a big deal out of nothing. All he did was post the quote and joke about the "joke" Jelena made. And yet you call him hypersensitive. :o :GM:Please... you know well how this thread is going to end up.

ce
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:32 PM
This board needs big :help:

roelc
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:32 PM
of course this is a joke, because I thought justine is still #1

and I do remember jelena & ana losing to both kim and justine this year! (and kim didn't play that many matches) :D

where jelena had some very thight matches against the belgians, ana lost bad against them. but it seems that ana keeps on raising her level, so a justine-ana semifinal in toronto would be very interesting. for jelena I'm afraid she reached her top, she did beat some great players in the past, but I don't see her winning slams.
don't forget jelena has been pro since 2000, ana since 2003 (that's a huge difference imo)

woosey
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:38 PM
the bottomline is that neither ivanovic, jankovic or djokovic have won a slam. jankovic is 22. ivanovic is 19. they should probably start winning soon if they are gonna dominate. i don't see jj or ana dominating as long as venus, serena and justine are hungry and healthy.

if these players stay around for a few more years and if others emerge, finding it hard to believe ana or jj will be dominating anything.

i don't understand why people keep hyping these players.

Uranus
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Some people obviously don't know what a joke is. Wow, your lives must be so annoying.

Jelena :devil: :p

Effy
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:40 PM
This board needs big :help:

:lol: so true :angel:

Sleepwalker64
Aug 15th, 2007, 03:34 PM
i don't understand why people keep hyping these players.

Who is hyping them? This is haters parade

Some people here either needs to visit shrink...or veterenarian

DefyingGravity
Aug 15th, 2007, 03:47 PM
It's a cute quote from Jankovic. I believe the Serbians have the potential to pull of a Belgian domination.

harloo
Aug 15th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Jankovic sure does have foot in mouth disease. I won't criticize her for these comments because they seem like a joke to me. However, you know some people will bring up these comments when she loses to Justine again.:tape::lol:

serenaforever
Aug 15th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Can she back it up?
I think not

AnnaK_4ever
Aug 15th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Since it's turned into another Jankovic-bashing thread here is another joke:
Jelena has a 0-18 combined record vs four GS champions: Henin, Clijsters, Davenport, Myskina. It'll be 2-26 if we add Mauresmo and Sharapova in the mix and 10-33 if we add Serena, Venus, Pierce and Kuznetsova as well.

Vamos.
Aug 15th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Enter the Jankovic Defense Tribe.

expect brilliant line such as the following:

"out of proportion"

"pounce on her every word"

"she is just joking, that type of person"

If people say interesting things then people will talk about them. It doesn't mean we are trying to ridicule/attack/insult/destroy/kill/murder/end the career of Jankovic. Capiche?

frontier
Aug 15th, 2007, 04:42 PM
She should be careful with the media they can bring you up and bring you down.I think a lot of girls in the locker room will not be impressed by this freedom of speech.This is a cheesy joke why not joke about herself,she has been saying a lot of hogwash since Wimbledon and she better show some good results otherwise she will be the laughing stock of the tour.

Tenis Srbija
Aug 15th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Nice one... Now win few GS's so we can erase that "joked" :hehehe:

Hashim.
Aug 15th, 2007, 04:54 PM
:banghead:

©@®eLess
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Well done Jelena! Another milestone at WtaWorld! Soon your every "Hello" will be discussed here! What a great achievement of the haters on this board!

©@®eLess
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:23 PM
of course this is a joke, because I thought justine is still #1

and I do remember jelena & ana losing to both kim and justine this year! (and kim didn't play that many matches) :D

where jelena had some very thight matches against the belgians, ana lost bad against them. but it seems that ana keeps on raising her level, so a justine-ana semifinal in toronto would be very interesting. for jelena I'm afraid she reached her top, she did beat some great players in the past, but I don't see her winning slams.
don't forget jelena has been pro since 2000, ana since 2003 (that's a huge difference imo)

Justine played her first GS Final at age of 19...just like Ana...She won her first Slam at age of 21...Jelena is 22...not a big difference if she wins a slam soon. Clijsters won her only GS at age of 22, and she is retired now. So it seems to me they still have time to catch the train!

frontier
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I think this year can called a success for Ana,she is going to overshadow jj next year.I see Ana winning the FO 2008.

Kart
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Ah DA FOREHAND you're back.

I was wondering what had happened to you.

ivanban
Aug 15th, 2007, 05:57 PM
As usuall, every thread about JJ turns into Williams's trolls festival :rolleyes:

woosey
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Who is hyping them? This is haters parade

Some people here either needs to visit shrink...or veterenarian

um, all these threads around saying ana is the next great and jankovic is so great.

open your eyes. she is 19 and needs to stop being the next great or the future of women's tennis and be the present. she's not too young to be that.

darice
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:02 PM
cute jelly. ;)

:secret: just win a slam soon so ppl don't use it against you.

woosey
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:03 PM
I think this year can called a success for Ana,she is going to overshadow jj next year.I see Ana winning the FO 2008.

your vision is not that good. if henin's healthy, she has the best chance. besides, that's a long ways off. anything can happen.

DA FOREHAND
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:09 PM
And Jelena's defensive fans come out on defense w/out provocation.

I thought it was an interesting simple statement of confidence.

ivanban
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Serbs sure do have big mouths to go with their big heads, don't they? :lol:

Yeah, pretty smart words coming from the puppet with no ears and nose :tape:

serenafan08
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:18 PM
The Serbian rise in the tennis world is a great story, definitely one of the best stories of this year. I'm loving Ana and Novak, and it was great to see them both win on Sunday. I like Jelena too, but she's more of a drama queen than Ana is. She knows how to stir the pot, that's for sure. :lol:

serenaforever
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:20 PM
The Serbian rise in the tennis world is a great story, definitely one of the best stories of this year. I'm loving Ana and Novak, and it was great to see them both win on Sunday. I like Jelena too, but she's more of a drama queen than Ana is. She knows how to stir the pot, that's for sure. :lol:

I'll say :lol: :lol:

jonny84
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:22 PM
It's a bit misrepresented as Kim is now retired, and Justine cant really fly the flag on her own.

Vamos.
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Yeah, pretty smart words coming from the puppet with no ears and nose :tape:

You do know that isn't really him, right? :unsure:

Slumpsova
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:13 PM
OMG :tape:

bellascarlett
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:16 PM
You do know that isn't really him, right? :unsure:

:lol:

Go Justine! :bounce: :lol:

Lulu.
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:36 PM
:rolleyes:

Bruno71
Aug 15th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Serbs sure do have big mouths to go with their big heads, don't they? :lol:

It's definitely interesting that some of the posters here feel Jelena fans are getting all hypersensitive over the threadstarter's intention, when it was clearly meant to elicit responses like this, which doesn't even attack Jelena exclusively.

iamhe
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Justine played her first GS Final at age of 19...just like Ana...She won her first Slam at age of 21...Jelena is 22...not a big difference if she wins a slam soon. Clijsters won her only GS at age of 22, and she is retired now. So it seems to me they still have time to catch the train!

Yes but Justine turned pro at the age of 17.
So it only took her two years to play her first GS Final.
And it took her four years to win her first GS.

No offense.

Pasta-Na
Aug 16th, 2007, 12:48 AM
jinx... jelena :o

new-york
Aug 16th, 2007, 01:27 AM
lolz, ajde. (!!!)˛

CuteKoala
Aug 16th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Everything Jelena says sounds very sweet. I love her sense of humour. :)
Moreover, I believe that this statement is not completely incorrect.

DA FOREHAND
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Everything Jelena says sounds very sweet. I love her sense of humour. :)
Moreover, I believe that this statement is not completely incorrect.

Still waiting for the domination to begin....wait for it.....