PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Rogers Cup Report! (featuring Rodionova! but no kickouts :sad: )

stevos
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:02 AM
So, I went to my first ever womens tennis event, and it was amazing! The matches lined up didn't look like the best of the week by any means, but it turned out to be a great day. I think tennis is one of the best live sporting venues, because of how much time you can spend there, how up-close and personal you can get with players, and just general atmosphere.

Anyway, we got there around 11:30, and since Dechy was playing ( :yawn: ) we walked around the outer courts to see what was down.

The first match I saw was Razzano vs. Rezai. I really thought Rezai should have won this match. We left at 2-1 Aravane in the third to see Dubois, so I expected her to finish off her countrywoman, but sadly when I checked later she only won one more game. From what I saw, Rezai played well, she stayed in rallies great and when she did smack the ball, damn did it ever fly. It was great to see. Razzano has an okay game, she would just hit to Rezai's backhand corner over and over it seemed. Rezai looks fit.

Then, we checked out some of Dulko vs. Danilidou. My friends thought Eleni looked like a guy, from far away at least. Gisela was playing well, just didn't have much confidence in winning a game. There were many long deuce games that we saw, both players going toe to toe. The scoreline is misleading, at least for the end of the second. Eleni let out a massive "COME ON" when she won, she seemed pretty stoked.

Then on to Dubois vs. Sugiyama. What a great match, drama wise. We watched this in its entirety. Steph has improved her game immensely. I remember reading CD say on here that she said she was hitting deeper and with more confidence, and it was clear. Plus, Sugiyama was all over the map. It took awhile for the crowd to get into it, it felt like only me and one other guy were into the cheering, but eventually everyone was getting into it. The third set was wild, Steph lost a little focus, and Ai stepped up her game. Then Ai faultered a tiny bit when it came to match point, and the crowd carried Steph to the victory. It was a great match to see live. Steph's serve has improved, she even hit an ace!

After this we went to check out Wozniak vs. Rodionova. I wish I could've stayed for this whole match, sadly my friends were getting tired and sunburnt and bitchy, so we left after the first five games, but Rodionova was already bitching off. As we were leaving, Nastya was in the process of getting in a heated argument over one line call, that was accurately called, during changeover. She also looked at the crowd behind her before her serve and it looked like she told them off, but I wasn't sure.
Anyway, Aleks really really impressed me with her game. She was hitting very well and naturally off both sides, and her serve was a weapon. Her movement was decent for what I expected.

Overall it was great, and I will go back thursday with a good camera and upload some pictures. Hope you guys enjoy this.

Drake1980
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks!!!
Steph and Aleks and Mara:D

-sugi-
Aug 15th, 2007, 07:49 AM

Dexter
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Thanx! :wavey:

Josh.
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:28 AM

Groenefelder25
Aug 15th, 2007, 11:29 AM
cool thanks :D

Sebastien123
Aug 15th, 2007, 12:09 PM
thank you for some reports, nice to hear Canadians are playing well :wavey:

Jogi
Aug 15th, 2007, 01:25 PM
nice report, thx for posting
Steph's serve has improved, she even hit an ace!
wow

stevos
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:42 PM
nice report, thx for posting

wow

I knoooooooooooow!
:lol:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the report. :) Glad to hear Rezai is at least looking good physically. :o